How to install Remodel mods?

remodels install mods skins

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

Wilky95 #1 Posted Mar 05 2013 - 23:48

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
Basically, I've just downloaded a pair of remodel mods and I have a good 14 more waiting to be downloaded once I suss this crap out, but up to now I've had no luck with getting these remodels to work.

Googling is absolutely hopeless, there's one video, and I don't speak German nor see enough in the video to just guess what he's doing  :Smile_mellow:

Can anyone help out here?

An idiots guide to installing tank Remodel mods, steps 1 thru however many you need  :Smile_Default:

OJO #2 Posted Mar 06 2013 - 11:12

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
Have you try out this russian side (google-translater will be helpful)?: http://mirtankov.net...ns-install.html

H8M3 #3 Posted Mar 06 2013 - 13:17

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostWilky95, on Mar 05 2013 - 23:48, said:

Basically, I've just downloaded a pair of remodel mods and I have a good 14 more waiting to be downloaded once I suss this crap out, but up to now I've had no luck with getting these remodels to work.

Googling is absolutely hopeless, there's one video, and I don't speak German nor see enough in the video to just guess what he's doing  :Smile_mellow:

Can anyone help out here?

An idiots guide to installing tank Remodel mods, steps 1 thru however many you need  :Smile_Default:

all mods go in C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\0.8.3

download a full aiomod (all in one) it saves alot of time trying to figure out why one mod makes an old one stop working.. aiomods have a large amount of tweaks/edits already in them.

i have a new one called gods-eye you can download n try if ya like.. there are also good ones by roughneck, and cbl and sirmax (alot more but i though of those names first)

Wilky95 #4 Posted Mar 06 2013 - 17:33

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostOJO, on Mar 06 2013 - 11:12, said:

Have you try out this russian side (google-translater will be helpful)?: http://mirtankov.net...ns-install.html
I tried there, but the instructions I found are for skins, not remodels :(

View PostH8M3, on Mar 06 2013 - 13:17, said:

all mods go in C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\0.8.3

download a full aiomod (all in one) it saves alot of time trying to figure out why one mod makes an old one stop working.. aiomods have a large amount of tweaks/edits already in them.

i have a new one called gods-eye you can download n try if ya like.. there are also good ones by roughneck, and cbl and sirmax (alot more but i though of those names first)
An aiomod?  :Smile_ohmy:

Are these programs that install the mods for me or am I missing the point here?  :Smile_sad:

However, when I do put my mods anywhere in that folder for my M4A3E8 remodel, they fail to work in-game. They're DDS files as is, if this helps at all  :Smile_sad:

Maggz #5 Posted Apr 10 2013 - 07:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
if they are just dds files, they are not remodels, they are just skins of the current models. the correrct folder set your looking for would look something like

World_of_Tanks>>res_mods>>0.8.4>>vehicles>>(COUNTRY IE american)>>(TANKNAME IE AO6_M4A3E8_Sherman)>>YOURFILESHERE

Now that file structure i used base template and put in the IE (example) the correct folder name for the E8 sherman you are trying to put in. If you want to know the correct folder name for the tank you are trying to use "skins or remodels" for you can easily open the vehicle pkg in the res folder using something like winzip or 7zip or even winrar. It will show you the correct file structure you would require in order to make your vehicle skins work. Provided they were inside the vehicles folder in the current version folder for the WOT game. I know this all seems a bit technical, but it is about the best way i personally can explain it to you.

obionekinobi #6 Posted Jun 29 2013 - 08:40

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostMaggz, on Apr 10 2013 - 07:41, said:

if they are just dds files, they are not remodels, they are just skins of the current models. the correrct folder set your looking for would look something like

World_of_Tanks>>res_mods>>0.8.4>>vehicles>>(COUNTRY IE american)>>(TANKNAME IE AO6_M4A3E8_Sherman)>>YOURFILESHERE

Now that file structure i used base template and put in the IE (example) the correct folder name for the E8 sherman you are trying to put in. If you want to know the correct folder name for the tank you are trying to use "skins or remodels" for you can easily open the vehicle pkg in the res folder using something like winzip or 7zip or even winrar. It will show you the correct file structure you would require in order to make your vehicle skins work. Provided they were inside the vehicles folder in the current version folder for the WOT game. I know this all seems a bit technical, but it is about the best way i personally can explain it to you.
thank you so so so so so much  my tanks look so amazing t34 remodeling to the modern tank

monarchco1980 #7 Posted Jun 29 2013 - 08:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostWilky95, on Mar 06 2013 - 17:33, said:

I tried there, but the instructions I found are for skins, not remodels :(

An aiomod?  :ohmy:

Are these programs that install the mods for me or am I missing the point here?  :sad:

However, when I do put my mods anywhere in that folder for my M4A3E8 remodel, they fail to work in-game. They're DDS files as is, if this helps at all  :sad:

H8M3's are simply .rar files that you can unzip than insert.

However there are multiple AIOMOD's that DO use installers, such as mine, however as far as I am aware, I am the only active installer based AIOMOD on NA server,
I know personally that others can be found on both Russian & EU forums.

Mine can be found at this forum topic, and comes with a complete installer: http://forum.worldof...ler-86-build-7/

Lightning61 #8 Posted Jun 29 2013 - 09:46

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
be aware that some of the models have been re-worked in 0.8.6 and the older re-models may in fact crash your game at very in-opportune times.

i had crashes in 0.8.5 with one of the stug remodels and at least one other i don't recall atm.

always install remodels one at a time and test in a game/replay/training room using that particular tank to avoid having to troubleshoot later.