• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

KillBot #1 Posted Mar 09 2013 - 04:47

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 17452 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
UPDATED TO WORK WITH 0.8.7!
If you want them all you must download all 4 .RAR files and place the contents in the main World of Tanks folder, do not forget to read all of the instructions and details on this topic.
DOWNLOAD!
OPEN GAME THROUGH XVM-stat!
To install simply remove the folders from the .RAR file(WinRAR is an excellent program, get it if you do not already have it) and drop them into your world of tanks folder.
If you do not have Dokan Library or installed eXtended Visualization Modification will not function or will not function properly, you can download them here: Dokan-0.6.0-- XVM-stat

Once downloaded Dokan Library will open it's background process "mounter.exe" and if you ever close this XVM will once again cease to function until "mounter.exe" is running again, after installing Dokan Library you can just forget about it, as it functions autonomously and does not tax your computer except with minuscule memory usage.
Use xvm-stat.exe to open your game instead of the usual launcher, updates can be applied with the launcher.
All of my mods are chosen to be no-bullshit, enjoyment enhancing mods.
All vehicle modifications are designed to improve and/or modernize their appearance while keeping them in the proper scale and showing accurate weak zones.
READ THE README FILES IN THE AUDIO .RAR FILES BEFORE INSTALLING THEM!
This mod includes :
  • Interface Overhaul
  • Day/Night mod.
  • Jimbo's sight/reticle mod
  • sound and vehicle texture/remodel mods. I am using Gnomefather's engine and gun sounds, and NoblePlatoon's Gears of War crew voices(comprehensive and makes it sound like you have an actual crew, profane language and all). I am using modernization mods for IS-7, E-75, E-100, Type 59, T-54. I also have remodels/skins on the T-29, Black Prince, Hellcat, and T-25-2, many more.
Vehicle remodels are all specifically chosen so as not to interfere with normal hit zones/scaling or to do so minimally.
Yes these are all client side so no one else who doesn't have your mods will see them.
Picture and Video!
Spoiler                     
The tank models and skins are plug and play, if you don't like them you can delete their specific folders or change them to new ones at Mirtankov.net(translate the website with Google translator if you don't understand Russian).
To install simply remove the folders from the .RAR file(WinRAR is an excellent program, get it if you do not already have it) and drop them into your world of tanks folder.
If you do not have Dokan Library installed eXtended Visualization Modification will not function or will not function properly, you can download them at these sites: Dokan-0.6.0 -- XVM-stat
Once downloaded Dokan Library will open it's background process "mounter.exe" and if you ever close this XVM will once again cease to function until "mounter.exe" is running again, after installing Dokan Library you can just forget about it, as it functions autonomously and does not tax your computer except with minuscule memory usage.

Use xvm-stat.exe to open your game instead of the usual launcher, updates can be applied with the launcher.
DOWNLOAD!

Edited by KillBot, Jul 30 2013 - 04:46.

KillBot #2 Posted Mar 09 2013 - 09:07

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 17452 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Updated with video and picture.

Edited by KillBot, Apr 27 2013 - 07:21.

KillBot #3 Posted Mar 09 2013 - 17:25

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 17452 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
UPDATE!

The download interface only button now links to the updated .rar file without the erroneous scripts!

If you like the mod pack or if there's something about it you don't like let me know, if noone leaves a comment then this thread will die and most people will never even know this mod pack exists!

Edited by KillBot, Mar 10 2013 - 06:33.

Azrael36 #4 Posted Mar 10 2013 - 07:48

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11530 battles
thanks for your hard work gathering all the mods and making the xvm config files dude

KillBot #5 Posted Mar 10 2013 - 19:03

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 17452 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostAzrael36, on Mar 10 2013 - 07:48, said:

thanks for your hard work gathering all the mods and making the xvm config files dude

Thanks, it's no problem I just figured other people had a lot of problems with their mods after the update like I did and I had to do a re-work of my entire mod layout, so I figured I'd make it available for everyone while I was at it  :popcorn:

Edited by KillBot, Apr 27 2013 - 07:57.

Loose_Stools #6 Posted Mar 13 2013 - 16:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 31934 battles
Killbot, this is the best mod package I've tried. Here's a list of things I woudn't mind changing:
• I'd prefer to play in the daylight all the time.
• Before the match begins all the "predictor numbers" are all the same and they're always between 49 percent and 53 percent. This seems odd
• I like the "long zoom view" but sometimes hate the "long zoom view." The first game I played I thought I was in the International Space Station for a few seconds. Tremendous view but it took me at least a minute to return to earth and find my tank. I probably wouldn't change this so I don't know why I'm complaining.
• There are no pre-match stats in the lineups. No W-L success rate. No. efficiency numbers. I don't mind. I always thought this was superfluous data anyway. I played two months before I realized I should be concerned about this stats. I only mention this because these numbers seem to be part of most everyone else's mods.

But the positives far outweigh the negative, so I can live with things as they are.

Thanks for hearing me out!

KillBot #7 Posted Mar 15 2013 - 20:07

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 17452 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostLoose_Stools, on Mar 13 2013 - 16:37, said:

Killbot, this is the best mod package I've tried. Here's a list of things I woudn't mind changing:
• I'd prefer to play in the daylight all the time.
• Before the match begins all the "predictor numbers" are all the same and they're always between 49 percent and 53 percent. This seems odd
• I like the "long zoom view" but sometimes hate the "long zoom view." The first game I played I thought I was in the International Space Station for a few seconds. Tremendous view but it took me at least a minute to return to earth and find my tank. I probably wouldn't change this so I don't know why I'm complaining.
• There are no pre-match stats in the lineups. No W-L success rate. No. efficiency numbers. I don't mind. I always thought this was superfluous data anyway. I played two months before I realized I should be concerned about this stats. I only mention this because these numbers seem to be part of most everyone else's mods.

But the positives far outweigh the negative, so I can live with things as they are.

Thanks for hearing me out!

No problem glad you like it. If you want to remove the day/night mod just go into res_mods\0.8.4\system\data and delete sky01 through sky51 and skytank_tutorial.

Remember if you want XVM to work You need Dokan Library 0.6.0 and XVM-Stat installed first, you can also replace the old xvm with the current one to be safe and remember, when ever the game is updated you also have to update XVM and XVM-Stat, this is easy because when you Google "XVM" the first result should be a google code download site where you can get all the latest XVM versions.

Curvet #8 Posted Mar 25 2013 - 02:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 1816 battles
I rushed a bit installing all of the mods and have removed the cannon sound. I didn't like the Duke voice and was looking for a way to keep stock or something close. I did not see the audio folder copy instructions until the readme on Gnomes 3.92. At this point I did the copy but it did not help. The cannon sound is gone with both wot and stat shortcuts. Any ideas on how to fix?

Great Mods Thanks

xxxREDEEMEDxxx #9 Posted Mar 25 2013 - 05:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 28804 battles
Hey man. Loving the mod and the setup.... One question though. Under the players icon (over their tanks in the game) are a set of 3 numbers. A %, a 3 digit number and then a decimal number that pretty much stays 0.0 for everyone. What are those please?

KillBot #10 Posted Mar 25 2013 - 22:25

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 17452 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostCurvet, on Mar 25 2013 - 02:26, said:

I rushed a bit installing all of the mods and have removed the cannon sound. I didn't like the Duke voice and was looking for a way to keep stock or something close. I did not see the audio folder copy instructions until the readme on Gnomes 3.92. At this point I did the copy but it did not help. The cannon sound is gone with both wot and stat shortcuts. Any ideas on how to fix?

Great Mods Thanks

I would suggest you delete the audio folder in your res_mods\0.8.4 folder, then copy and paste a fresh version from the res folder into res_mods\0.8.4, then overwrite those new files again with the sound mods. in the audio folder found in the same location in the .rar download. As for the shortcuts, if you don't have a backup for the original game shortcut just make one with the game .exe client in your world of tanks main folder, then download XVM-stat(Google XVM, the first link should be a Google code site with downloads for all XVM related peripherals, remember to open the game through the XVM-stat, or XVM will not function entirely). Good luck, sorry for your troubles and thanks for the compliment.

View PostJaxxGamer, on Mar 25 2013 - 05:13, said:

Hey man. Loving the mod and the setup.... One question though. Under the players icon (over their tanks in the game) are a set of 3 numbers. A %, a 3 digit number and then a decimal number that pretty much stays 0.0 for everyone. What are those please?

Percentage is win rate in their current tank, the 3 digit number is number of battles in that tank, I believe it can go to 5 or more digits, and the decimal I THINK is supposed to be the damage ratio efficiency, like damage given to damage taken, but I don't think it works properly. Keep in mind that the XVM editor I used was Google translated from Russian, so some of it I found pretty confusing myself :)

Check out the latest remodels at Mirtankov!! Some really good accurately scaled T-90 and M1 Abrams remodels for T-54 and Type 59 respectively!

Edited by KillBot, Mar 25 2013 - 22:30.

Curvet #11 Posted Mar 25 2013 - 23:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 1816 battles
That did the trick. Playing with no cannon sounds is like playing basketball on a goal with no net, just no fun at all. Thanks for the assist.

KillBot #12 Posted Mar 26 2013 - 04:30

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 17452 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostCurvet, on Mar 25 2013 - 23:42, said:

That did the trick. Playing with no cannon sounds is like playing basketball on a goal with no net, just no fun at all. Thanks for the assist.

Yup, if you don't like the voice mod and want stock, remove "ingame_voice.fev" and "ingame_voice.fsb" from the audio mod folder, and replace them with the files with the same names from the res\audio folder, just copy and paste, this will keep all the other sound mods but revert voices to stock, everything should work properly still if you fill the empty spots in the res_mods\0.8.4\audio folder with copies of the "ingame_voice.fev" and "ingame_voice.fsb" from the res\audio folder.

blueveil #13 Posted Apr 03 2013 - 10:07

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
Hi,
I have some problems with Dokan 0.6.0, Dokan is not supporting Windows 8, do you have any idea how can i fix it?
I'll be glad if you could help me with one more thing, where should i put folders: content and text, to res_mods?

KillBot #14 Posted Apr 03 2013 - 23:57

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 17452 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postblueveil, on Apr 03 2013 - 10:07, said:

Hi,
I have some problems with Dokan 0.6.0, Dokan is not supporting Windows 8, do you have any idea how can i fix it?
I'll be glad if you could help me with one more thing, where should i put folders: content and text, to res_mods?

I think I remember hearing about some people having problems with it for 8, but I don't use 8 and probably never will considering it's poor format.

I suggest searching with Google to find answers. I'm sure many people have the same problem.

This is what I found. https://code.google....s/detail?id=252

It suggests removing the current version of dokan(find an uninstaller or do it youself if you know how) and running the Dokan installer that you download from the main site in windows 7 compatibility mode. If that doesn't work keep searching or just don't use it.

Edited by KillBot, Apr 04 2013 - 00:05.

Sempronius #15 Posted Apr 04 2013 - 11:02

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 15508 battles
  • [S0YUZ] S0YUZ
Quick question: I have Windows 8 (not going to change for other reasons) and have problems with XVM. I can't make dokan libs working. Can anyone help me with that?

KillBot #16 Posted Apr 04 2013 - 23:12

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 17452 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostSempronius, on Apr 04 2013 - 11:02, said:

Quick question: I have Windows 8 (not going to change for other reasons) and have problems with XVM. I can't make dokan libs working. Can anyone help me with that?

Look at my post just above your own. That's all the advice I have. Apparently running the Dokan Library installer under Windows 7 compatibility mode works for a number of people.

Sempronius #17 Posted Apr 05 2013 - 10:13

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 15508 battles
  • [S0YUZ] S0YUZ

View PostKillBot, on Apr 04 2013 - 23:12, said:

Look at my post just above your own. That's all the advice I have. Apparently running the Dokan Library installer under Windows 7 compatibility mode works for a number of people.

Thanks, will try it later on today.

Yuffy #18 Posted Apr 06 2013 - 06:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10753 battles
I'm not getting all the smaller numbers during the loading screen and then in the battle, everything else seems to work ok. By smaller numbers I mean number of battles in tank, total battles, WR in tank, total WR, those numbers. I am getting the numbers across the top, the chance to win stuff. I have dokan 0.6.0 and the latest XVM and XVM stat, and am launching through XVM stat of course.

blueveil #19 Posted Apr 06 2013 - 23:23

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
Thanks a lot for answers, take care guys.

KillBot #20 Posted Apr 07 2013 - 21:47

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 17452 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostNnimrod, on Apr 06 2013 - 06:32, said:

I'm not getting all the smaller numbers during the loading screen and then in the battle, everything else seems to work ok. By smaller numbers I mean number of battles in tank, total battles, WR in tank, total WR, those numbers. I am getting the numbers across the top, the chance to win stuff. I have dokan 0.6.0 and the latest XVM and XVM stat, and am launching through XVM stat of course.

Make sure your XVM and -stat are updated. Otherwise maybe they are being blocked by your firewall or because you have windows 8 and Dokan doesn't work on that(see comments above for possible fixes). Other than that I don't know what the problem is.
Remember, you have to update XVM and XVM-Stat every time the game is updated. Also those numbers at the top are client-side, they are a calculation based on tank tiers and player stats, if there are no player stats loaded then it just calculates by tiers and tank types, so you'll generally get 47-53% chance to win. Also, remember those don't calculate the human factor so they can be ignored, even if the win chance is 99-1 you can still lose.

Also, if you aren't running mounter.exe under the processes tab in the task manager(ctrl+alt+delete) then xvm will not function. in that case you have to restart your computer to get it to work, unless your computer is not allowing the program to run. Do not stop mounter.exe if you want xvm to function.

Edited by KillBot, Apr 07 2013 - 21:51.

Also tagged with killbot, Killbot, Mod, Pack, reticle, sight, XVM, xvm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users