3 Things For The Tiger 1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
153 replies to this topic

Kristine #1 Posted Dec 16 2010 - 18:49

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 25170 battles
Here's three ideas that i think would make the tiger 1 drivers (like me) abit more happy:

1)Give the tiger the armour durability of the VK3601H prototype.

2)Give it the correct turret armour values of the actual Tiger 1 in real life:

120/80/80
not
100/80/80

3)Give it a chance to actually bounce shots like its earlier brother, the VK3601H. Kinda odd to see the VK3601H bouncing Tiger 2 (or in odd cases, IS-7s) shots while Tiger 1's eat shells for breakfast even though they both almost have no sloped armour at all.

tl;dr: Make it a heavier, more armoured and way durable version of the VK3601H. Which is supposed to be in the first place...

That is all..

ISDVirulence #2 Posted Dec 16 2010 - 19:21

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 5930 battles
This is an underpowered German tank, which is right where the Devs intend it to be.  Now if it was Russian, these changes would have been made long ago for 'historical reasons'.

CuF_Spartan85 #3 Posted Dec 16 2010 - 19:21

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 29605 battles
OMG, I couldn't agree more. Love my 3601, fast, durable, eats tanks with the short 88. Tiger is slow, modules break constantly, chews through its 1450 hps in no time and the long 88 doesn't deal enough damage.

ZingFreelancer #4 Posted Dec 16 2010 - 19:26

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostKristine, on Dec 16 2010 - 18:49, said:

Here's three ideas that i think would make the tiger 1 drivers (like me) abit more happy:

1)Give the tiger the armour durability of the VK3601H prototype.

2)Give it the correct turret armour values of the actual Tiger 1 in real life:

120/80/80
not
100/80/80

3)Give it a chance to actually bounce shots like its earlier brother, the VK3601H. Kinda odd to see the VK3601H bouncing Tiger 2 (or in odd cases, IS-7s) shots while Tiger 1's eat shells for breakfast even though they both almost no slope at all.

tl;dr: Make it a heavier, more armoured and way durable version of the VK3601H. Which is supposed to be in the first place...

That is all..
And a boot to the head

On serious note, I agree. Tigers are way too easy to destroy.

Hell_Spawn #5 Posted Dec 16 2010 - 19:36

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 12 battles
Great, and then they can go and edit all the other tanks' attributes in the game because this is a GAME, and not a historical archive of statistics. The developers design things the way they did for balance. All historical attempts at accuracy aside, if they go tweaking things like this (let alone to one tank alone because someone was bumhurt their favorite tank was nerfed) then the game loses credibility as far as longevity of gameplay.

You just suggested they make ONE tank stronger and more durable. Why???? You can't go recommending random things like this without any pitfalls. If you suggest improving some characteristics, where are the weak points? Balancing a game is an artform. This recommendation isn't even in the right spot. Do you think the devs truly care about this post, with all the other things to deal with (bugs, matchmaking, etc. etc.)????

I just find it asinine someone would recommend something like this. It's amazing the amount of research and detail that goes into the game and the individual tanks as is (did you see the pictures of wargaming headquarters? They have books lying around that detail the tanks they design). Historical nuts going around nitpicking every tank they feel wasn't given the light of the day [because the game needs to be balanced] is just a surefire way to insult the people that brought you a free game to begin with.

I believe this is the subforum you want: http://forum.worldof...39-suggestions/

ZingFreelancer #6 Posted Dec 16 2010 - 19:43

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostHell_Spawn, on Dec 16 2010 - 19:36, said:

Great, and then they can go and edit all the other tanks' attributes in the game because this is a GAME, and not a historical archive of statistics. The developers design things the way they did for balance. All historical attempts at accuracy aside, if they go tweaking things like this (let alone to one tank alone because someone was bumhurt their favorite tank was nerfed) then the game loses credibility as far as longevity of gameplay.

You just suggested they make ONE tank stronger and more durable. Why???? You can't go recommending random things like this without any pitfalls. If you suggest improving some characteristics, where are the weak points? Balancing a game is an artform. This recommendation isn't even in the right spot. Do you think the devs truly care about this post, with all the other things to deal with (bugs, matchmaking, etc. etc.)????

I just find it asinine someone would recommend something like this. It's amazing the amount of research and detail that goes into the game and the individual tanks as is (did you see the pictures of wargaming headquarters? They have books lying around that detail the tanks they design). Historical nuts going around nitpicking every tank they feel wasn't given the light of the day [because the game needs to be balanced] is just a surefire way to insult the people that brought you a free game to begin with.

I believe this is the subforum you want: http://forum.worldof...39-suggestions/
Mind your language please. No need to get personal

Edited by Eide, Dec 18 2010 - 16:22.

Inkompetent #7 Posted Dec 16 2010 - 20:25

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
On the #2 we should actually be quite content with the 100mm gun mantlet. The Tiger IRL had 90-140mm afaik. 140mm being just around the gun, but with large parts being only 90mm, and then *up to* 120mm in thickness. The majority of the mantlet however being 90-110mm. 100mm is thus a fair avarage, without making the hitbox for the frontal turret overly complex.

Kristine #8 Posted Dec 16 2010 - 20:30

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 25170 battles

View PostInkompetent, on Dec 16 2010 - 20:25, said:

On the #2 we should actually be quite content with the 100mm gun mantlet . The Tiger IRL had 90-140mm afaik. 140mm being just around the gun, but with large parts being only 90mm, and then *up to* 120mm in thickness. The majority of the mantlet however being 90-110mm. 100mm is thus a fair avarage, without making the hitbox for the frontal turret overly complex.

Then, why the lower tiered VK3601H have 110mm frontal turret armour while the Tiger only have 100mm?

Personally, 100mm frontal turret armour is quite low for a tank thats supposedly a heavier version of the VK3601. 120mm frontal armour would be quite decent for the Tiger 1 and it would look really like an upgrade to the VK3601 and not a massive downgrade as it is now.

TheMunster #9 Posted Dec 16 2010 - 23:53

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Thing is, once a Tiger I is fully upgraded it is not that bad but it is still out classed by all other tanks of it's tier. I think to fix -

1). Increase front turret armour to 120mm

2). Correctly implement gun mantel

3). Increase HP of all internal modules (not crew) by 10%

I think these 3 little tweaks would really sort the tiger out, without having to increase overall tank HP because it already has a good number.

zareh #10 Posted Dec 17 2010 - 00:34

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 419 battles
I agree with all 3 points. Tiger in it's current stare is a giant medium T6 tank... At best.

Icygrip #11 Posted Dec 17 2010 - 00:53

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
So I got the tiger, got new tracks for 9k xp took me like 6h to grind it, turret is 11k, new gun is 16k, x2 engines are 24k a pop, and tiger 2 is 80k. I get like 200-800 xp per game 1k some times. Usually get owned by is4s or mouse or t29s. I'm usually in a game with  super heavy tanks, I am lucky if I get one kill occasional med. So my question is how the hell do I get tiger 2 its will take forever, this is worst then aion. There must be a trick to this to get more xp. What am I doing wrong. I can get 1-2 kills max cos most of the tanks I can't kill. I have premium account.

Help how the heck do I speed up lvling????

WOTAN #12 Posted Dec 17 2010 - 00:59

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Use tactics, other than suicide runs. And premium. 200 pen are enough to fight all T8 tanks and T9 if you can aim and flank.

zareh #13 Posted Dec 17 2010 - 01:52

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 419 battles
At t7+ having premium is almost a must, t8+ for sure. Tiger is fragile, it's meant to be heavy support, avoid direct attacks. Your advantage is in long range.

Sturmtiger_304 #14 Posted Dec 17 2010 - 01:56

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Ignore the last two engine upgrades, you will barely feel the difference when driving the Tiger I.

Dunewarrior #15 Posted Dec 17 2010 - 03:16

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 11765 battles
Kills aren't the only thing that count... the amount of damage you do (against any hostile target) counts toward exp and credits. You don't necessarily have to get the kill, so try to play more defensively, hang back, and focus on getting hits onto targets, and less on trying to get kills.

sinistersniper1 #16 Posted Dec 17 2010 - 07:58

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 4811 battles
  • [VP-9] VP-9

View PostSturmtiger_304, on Dec 17 2010 - 01:56, said:

Ignore the last two engine upgrades, you will barely feel the difference when driving the Tiger I.

lol... the last thing you want to do is to enter the king tiger with no engine upgrades.  The tiger 1 engine upgrades are really nice imo makes going up hills bearable

L_G_Pool #17 Posted Dec 17 2010 - 08:06

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 2580 battles
As a long time Tiger I driver I can tell you this:
Since the dev's nerfed the effective frontal armor of a Tiger I, you are NOT the frontline tank. Stay back, use that long 88 to snipe at targets as they engage your resident frontline tank (Op soviet heavies). You do not want to be the center of attention for many reasons: M4 shermans can penetrate your frontal armor (fail!) your too slow to dodge and weave from godlazers(spgs). Driving a Tiger I can be an amazing amount of fun, and also ragequit infuriating. Stick with it, upgrade it fully, and around 95% on the crew you start making all those long range shots.

Brissou #18 Posted Dec 17 2010 - 08:56

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostTheMunster, on Dec 16 2010 - 23:53, said:

Thing is, once a Tiger I is fully upgraded it is not that bad but it is still out classed by all other tanks of it's tier. I think to fix -

1). Increase front turret armour to 120mm

2). Correctly implement gun mantel

3). Increase HP of all internal modules (not crew) by 10%

I think these 3 little tweaks would really sort the tiger out, without having to increase overall tank HP because it already has a good number.
100% necessary ! Tiger 1 is an iron grave.

alm80 #19 Posted Dec 17 2010 - 10:10

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
After playing 282 battles with the tank and moving to KT, I think I can draw some conclusions about the tank:

Battles - 282
Victories - 108 (38%)
Maximum Destroyed - 7
Average XP - 455

I'd say that the tank is extremely poor in every possible aspect. Unupgraded it's just useless. No mobility, very poor gun, very poor armor.
When you upgrade it fully you'll get better mobility, slightly better armor and better gun, however:

The armor is not sloped at all and not thick enough. Anything above tier IV will damage you consistently even while auto-aiming. With damage you will get crit. hits. The most vulnerable are: gunner and ammo rack. If any of them hit, you are just a piece of slowly rolling junk.
The gun is average at best. Penetration is good. You can penetrate most tanks especially if you aim manually, but damage is terrible. You will have to shoot 4 times even at tier VI-VII mediums to finish them, you are hardly a threat to heavies of equal or higher tier. You will bounce a lot, even when in theory you shouldn't. I was bouncing from PZ IV's more than once. If you are sniping, your penetration will drop with distance, add to that piss poor damage of the gun and you get crappy sniping platform.
The only thing you can do is play TD style, but without TD bonuses you can't ambush well. Your tank is a giant paper made box and it can't hide well enough to avoid being shot. When you get shot - you die.

Overall, this tank can't perform its role - it can't play as heavy tank. It's more like surrogate TD. It's too easy to damage it and its damage output is too low to make it a threat to similar tier heavies.

To improve it - I'd add 20-25mm armor to the turret front and 10mm to turret sides. The best 88mm gun should do like 270dmg instead of 220 it does now. The speed should be increased to 35 km/h, the tank is too weak to be also so slow. That would put it on equal ground with other Tier VII tanks. Right now, Tiger can hardly be considered a heavy tank at all.

TheMunster #20 Posted Dec 17 2010 - 10:16

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostSturmtiger_304, on Dec 17 2010 - 01:56, said:

Yeah, then get to the KT and need 50k XP before it even starts to move with some urgency.

Unlock both engines on the Tiger before you get to KT, having the best engine in as soon as you start using it is a must in my opinion. Obviously do Track/Gun/Turret whatever first.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users