3 Things For The Tiger 1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
153 replies to this topic

Brissou #101 Posted Dec 26 2010 - 09:01

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostVahal, on Dec 26 2010 - 08:12, said:

Belaruss devs don't like german nazis tanks and US imperialist tanks... So what is still in the box? Ohhhh, the commies ones! Logical after all, Belaruss is one of the last communist countries in the world  :rolleyes:

I Don't blame them, it's a normal behavior. But they should keep balance of their game in mind.

Vahal #102 Posted Dec 26 2010 - 09:09

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
when you're making a WWII/Cold War game u take your opinions, put them in a safebox and work to creat a balanced game especially if u want to make a PvP game, it's professionnal behaviour. I'm not interested by propaganda, I just want fun playtime whatever the country's tech tree I take and atm it is not the case.  :mellow:

cimuca #103 Posted Dec 26 2010 - 09:41

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
One fact is certain, medium tanks in special the last ones are more way better than Tiger 1, if they get close to you then u'r done, the best thing you can do with the tiger atm is stay back and snipe, support other heavy tanks that may advance, if they start to hit you u'r set :) the gun get damaged a lot! in special after the patch, if any medium who knows where to hit you wanna take you down it's so damn easy for him to damage u'r gun.

Anyway one thing they can't change is the Tiger I history, no matter how bad it is in this game, the players who play it or the players who see it knows this tank background no matter what they play USA or Soviets tanks, at least they can kill it easy in this game, someone or some really wanted to have this fun, something that could not be done now 66-69 years ago.

I really don't care that much if they change it or not, for now i'm pleased that i can play with this tank, i still can manage to take some with me on almost every battle and i prefer to play with the best tank of ww2 instead of playing some tanks that never participated in ww2.

RAZORLIGHT #104 Posted Dec 26 2010 - 16:12

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
i think tiger 1 is a joke in this game

i dont own a Tiger 1 but i am always happy if the enemy got one because the tiger is bouncing absolutely nothing

its pure pain to watch a tiger because his performance is poor in ingame

winghun #105 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 01:47

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I've got a Tiger I. Honestly, I loved VK3601, it's a well balanced tank with good armor and a quite effective 88mm gun. As it was said before, its front armor even bounced some shots. On the other hand, Tiger I is a disaster. I like to play the breakthrough role, go forward, lead the attack and so on, but with Tiger I it's impossible. FOA it's so damn slow. I know it wasn't a Bugatti Veyron, but it could do better than 30 kph. Okay, the devs decreased it to 30 kph for balance reasons. But why don't they increased its armor? I'm quite familiar with the production history of German and Soviet tanks. Early Tigers have a quality armor, their welded turret and hull was much stronger than the Soviet cast armor. So it wouldn't be that unhistorical to add a little extra to the Tigers armor. And there are so many critical hits! Every time I got hit, someone dies in my tank like it was a fuckin intensive care unit somewhere in Zimbabwe! My enginge brokes, the tracks fall off, a turret stucks etc etc etc.

Okay, I know I should have choosed the Soviet line to have fun and who am I to challenge the mighty devs' wise decisions, but come on, you can't force every player to play the Soviet side just because you have a crash for the good ol' commie style.

SpectreHD #106 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 06:08

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16844 battles
  • [TT] TT

View Postwinghun, on Dec 27 2010 - 01:47, said:

I've got a Tiger I. Honestly, I loved VK3601, it's a well balanced tank with good armor and a quite effective 88mm gun. As it was said before, its front armor even bounced some shots. On the other hand, Tiger I is a disaster. I like to play the breakthrough role, go forward, lead the attack and so on, but with Tiger I it's impossible. FOA it's so damn slow. I know it wasn't a Bugatti Veyron, but it could do better than 30 kph. Okay, the devs decreased it to 30 kph for balance reasons. But why don't they increased its armor? I'm quite familiar with the production history of German and Soviet tanks. Early Tigers have a quality armor, their welded turret and hull was much stronger than the Soviet cast armor. So it wouldn't be that unhistorical to add a little extra to the Tigers armor. And there are so many critical hits! Every time I got hit, someone dies in my tank like it was a fuckin intensive care unit somewhere in Zimbabwe! My enginge brokes, the tracks fall off, a turret stucks etc etc etc.

Okay, I know I should have choosed the Soviet line to have fun and who am I to challenge the mighty devs' wise decisions, but come on, you can't force every player to play the Soviet side just because you have a crash for the good ol' commie style.

This "balance" reason of reducing the Tigers' speed is utter bull excrement. The Tigers are so easily damaged (useless armour), modules and crew get knocked out all the time and the 88mm does pathetic damage so you would think that the Tigers should go faster. As of now, there is no reason to limit their speed. They neither have high damage, or great armour. They may have equivalent armour values as the other tanks their tier, but German armour was way better than the Russians but this is not reflected. The only thing going for it is their accuracy which is useless since the IS tanks with supposedly worse accuracy can still make the same shots as the Tiger at range.

In my opinion, there is no reason why the Tigers should have limited. The "balance" reason just does not cut it when it has no great advantage over other tanks in terms of armour, damage, penetration in addition to how easily damaged its crew and modules are.

Garnett101st #107 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 07:51

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 23548 battles

View PostSpectreHD, on Dec 27 2010 - 06:08, said:

This "balance" reason of reducing the Tigers' speed is utter bull excrement. The Tigers are so easily damaged (useless armour), modules and crew get knocked out all the time and the 88mm does pathetic damage so you would think that the Tigers should go faster. As of now, there is no reason to limit their speed. They neither have high damage, or great armour. They may have equivalent armour values as the other tanks their tier, but German armour was way better than the Russians but this is not reflected. The only thing going for it is their accuracy which is useless since the IS tanks with supposedly worse accuracy can still make the same shots as the Tiger at range.

In my opinion, there is no reason why the Tigers should have limited. The "balance" reason just does not cut it when it has no great advantage over other tanks in terms of armour, damage, penetration in addition to how easily damaged its crew and modules are.

Now since they nerfed the accuracy of the 88 L/71, the tiger has nothing special about it. Its an over sized Panzer 4 using tier 5 guns and tier 7 repair cost.

MarkyTee #108 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 10:07

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 16829 battles
I hate to keep fueling the Tiger rage and bumping this thread, but I just finished a frustrating match in my good ol' Tiger  :Smile_harp: . I spent half the game camping and hiding to keep from getting punched in my glass jaw and even managed to snipe a kill in between bouncing shots like a retarded monkey trying to dribble a basketball while wearing mittens. But in the end, I was the last tank from my team on the battlefield against maybe 6 others. I had to spring (ok, drip) into action. I bounced a shot off an A-20! A frikken A-20 that my VK3601 would've one shotted in that same instance! Then cames a KV..I hit him a couple times for a lousy 3% damage per hit and bounced 2 more shots before he snuck away. More bouncing shenanigans and getting tracked followed. My last and final square off was with a VK3001. I bounced the first 4 shots, go figure. Then as I switched to HE he tracked me, damaged my turret, and killed my driver. I got off 3 well placed HE rounds in my crippled state...ALL bounced. Off course you know the rest of the story, I caught fire, lost the match for myself and my team, and lost 6k in that match (even with a kill and premium). I never felt so useless in this game. The match before that in my KV3601 I got myself pinned and was taking a beating from 4 tanks at the same time, I ended up going boom, but got 2 kills in the process and the VK up held admirably under the intense barrage! My tiger in the same situation would've been done in seconds. As the Winghun (and others) said, the VK3601 is a wonderful medium tank!  :)  WHY is the Tiger 1 such a downgrade? Honestly, it's like they slightly nerfed the VK, added HP, and said "here's the Tiger, ENJOY!". I'm figuring on grinding my VK3601 for the exp towards my Tiger II and parking the Tiger I indefinitely. I am by no means a pro player, but I don't exactly suck either. I hope the devs consider upping the armor and reducing module damage before the game goes live. As is, the Tiger I is simply an OVERLY fragile heavy tank with rubber cannon rounds and needs to be pampered and used VERY VERY carefully, sparingly, and methodically.

Edited to add: Just played quite few rounds in my VK3601. Yep, I died in half of them, my team lost 3/4 of them...BUT I gaddum love that tank! The devs did a GREAT job with the VK! It IS balanced and fun to play! Yes, higher tier (which you'll generally be in with) will eventually make you cease to exist, but the matches can be so satisfying! I get a false feeling of security playing my VK and usually get to rambunctious and end up as a smoking heap, BUT my Tiger NEVER gives that option. Idorts make threads about people 'whining' but the Tiger issues aren't about whining! The Tiger 1 (and from what I see/hear, the rest of the German heavies) is GIMPED. Please devs, fix it?  :(

SpectreHD #109 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 10:47

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16844 battles
  • [TT] TT

View PostGarnett101st, on Dec 27 2010 - 07:51, said:

Now since they nerfed the accuracy of the 88 L/71, the tiger has nothing special about it. Its an over sized Panzer 4 using tier 5 guns and tier 7 repair cost.

What!? Really? When was this because the v.0.6.2.7 patch notes has no mention of changes to the 88 L/71...

freequest #110 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 12:35

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 2840 battles
After haveing one run in the tiger i have decided to use the vk3601 as my xp maker and use the 500gp to convert that into reserch so i can get to the tiger 2 as fast as possable... really disappointed with the tiger its not what i expected a MBT to be not at all

Vahal #111 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 13:06

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
prepare yourseld to bigger disappointment cause King Tiger is as bad the Tiger is for its tier. Good luck with your sad kitty.

And yes it seems that they did a silent nerf on 88L71 who is not better in accuracy now than 105L68 or 128L55. It still a good gun, but not the sniper rifle that it was (a flashball sniperrifle I have better to say in fact...  :rolleyes: )

Matin #112 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 14:46

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 44106 battles
  • [OTG] OTG
I'm back in a Tiger after a long stint playing other tanks.  I'm pretty much enjoying the experience.  I actually had a duel with an Easy Eight the other day and the results explain why you need 5
Shermans to take out the Tiger I.  The only issue I have is the Gold Ammo loads in slot one.  I have basically had to unload gold ammo since I have a tendency to forget to re-load at the start of every battle.  The Tiger by itself was totally draining the gold I was saving for another project.  Is there any way we can get they changed to gold ammo loads in the second hotkey?  Or did I miss some method of changing the order the ammo loads.

SniperHAC #113 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 18:53

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Well, some 60+ games in and having used mostly freeXP to research all the upgrades, my stats are starting to normalise towards a 50/50 ratio. I'm pushing 500 average XP a game now, which is fine for me, (2-300 for a loss, and 900-1000 for a win). I'm also usually making a profit unless I am unlucky or get a rush of blood to the head...

The biggest issues for me so far have been -

1. Module/Crew damage, especially the gun, gunner, fires, and ammo rack. Do my crew glue spare ammo to the sides of the tank or something? Within a few hits I have lost something of significance. When my gun or gunner gets hit - yes I can use a repair kit or first-aid for 2 minutes - I become next to useless. Installed Spall Liner and W.A.R. both seem to make very little difference.

2. Bouncing. My god, this is nuts. I'm bouncing shots off the tracks at 200m.

3. Speed. Although agile enough with all the engines and tracks, it's top speed leaves me lagging behind everyone else on far too many occasions.

I have realised that this tank is not versatile. It can't survive long as your armour is not as good as it should be. It's not fast to compensate for poor armour so you can't dash from flank to flank in a support role, once you are committed to an attack plan you have little choice but to carry on with it.

However, I love sniping in this tank. It reminds me of the 107mm in the KV and KV-3. I know I bounce alot of shots, but I have started to make a mental note of when I will bounce and when not, and shoot when I know I will get through. The turret on a KT is a nice target, for example. ;) Best results come when I can find a good spot behind the front-lines and pick my targets, or use higher ground to support an advance. When I have something like an IS3/4/7 in my sights I usually just switch to HE and go for crits, I'd rather hit and do something than go bouncy-bouncy.

My empty upgrade slot is used to drop in a camo net. I might get rid of the Spall, and install optics, or get some binocs, not sure yet, but then I also feel it could do with a GLD... choices choices.

Overall, I would say this isn't an all-round tank like the Soviets, but it has a niche, and with a few fixes in the mechanics could fulfill the role well.

Inkompetent #114 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 21:06

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
The best King Tiger in the game feels like it is the Panther. Does the 'heavy tank'-job better than the KT since its turret for example can *gasp* bounce shots from the front.

Garnett101st #115 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 22:19

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 23548 battles

View PostSpectreHD, on Dec 27 2010 - 10:47, said:

What!? Really? When was this because the v.0.6.2.7 patch notes has no mention of changes to the 88 L/71...

Its changed.. before the patch i could hit a tank at 500m+ with my Jagdpanther, now im struggling to hit a tank past 200m.

freequest #116 Posted Dec 28 2010 - 01:39

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 2840 battles

View PostVahal, on Dec 27 2010 - 13:06, said:

prepare yourseld to bigger disappointment cause King Tiger is as bad the Tiger is for its tier. Good luck with your sad kitty.

And yes it seems that they did a silent nerf on 88L71 who is not better in accuracy now than 105L68 or 128L55. It still a good gun, but not the sniper rifle that it was (a flashball sniperrifle I have better to say in fact...  :rolleyes: )

o well im sure one of the heavy tanks is good :D  ok well found out to my surprise if i fit the 105cm kwk l/28 i do very well money wise and i actually kill a few tanks though its not long range .. so what i do is pick another heavy to run with works well

CommissarRykov #117 Posted Dec 29 2010 - 08:59

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 5744 battles
I have always found all the bouncing of 8.8 cm guns to be concerning and it is even more obnoxious having it bounce while in  your Tiger. Jesus not only am I getting modules destroyed left and right by low tiers tanks but my 8.8 is bouncing off the damn things so much as I might as well just torch the tank and fight them hand to hand.

ikiralight #118 Posted Dec 29 2010 - 09:49

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Please stop saying the Tiger and KT had their accuracy nerfed. If you miss more than 1/3 shots your aim is bad.

It's still impossible to miss something 300m away with the long 88 if it's stationary. I've gotten at least 10-15 sniper medals since the patch and I don't try that hard... I even go for shots that are just gambles.

Aweron #119 Posted Dec 29 2010 - 11:27

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I personally like my Tiger.
First of all it looks darn plain awesome!  :Smile_great: American tanks for instance look all the same to me, like greenish balloons every single one of them, only in different sizes. But Tiger, that old cat, has some style.
Second of all, with 2 engine upgrades is agile as hell, I can go from 0 to 30 in seconds. This is awesome during charges, when you can go on full speed, stop, aim, fire and get back on rolling with 30 km/h, before enemies can ever fire at you. Top speed is kinda slow, considering that with fully upgraded engines you have a *feeling* that it could do so much more...
Thirdly the long 88 is pure fun, best sniping gun I have seen so far.
On the downside of course, since the armor is not sloped it eats up lot of shells indeed, but that can be countered by angling the hull. Only thing I really miss, is that the reverse top speed would be higher. That would really help Tiger in dogfights, since it accelerates so fast. :blink:

Now I only have to decide what to buy in the last module slot. Currently I have a rammer and W.A.R considering ether GLD or spall liner.. :unsure:

winghun #120 Posted Dec 29 2010 - 11:41

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I've read a lot of comments about how to use the Tiger properly. Obviously, this tank is not for dogfighting, but sniping. I even tried a 'Tiger trick', which seems to work, but the 'collateral damage' still ruins my game. As markytee said a few pages earlier, playing the Tiger is like "BOUNCED!" "RICOCHET!" "TRACK IS OUT" "THE LOADER BOUGHT THE FARM" "GUN IS OUT" " TURRET IS DAMAGED" "WE'RE ON FIRE...QUICK PUT IT OUT!" "BAIL OUT..WE'RE DONE!" It's sad and painfully ironic, but true as hell.

Something else. I've read a lot of books about tank warfare (definitely not witten by German fanboys), and I've always thought that the 88mm KwK 43 L/71 was the best tank gun in WWII if we don't consider the 128mm PaK as a tank gun. I was happy when I got that gun, because I thought I would be able to take out virtually anything... and that's true, I'm able to destroy virtually anything, but practically not. All I get is 'ricochet' and 'bounced off', which is super annoying, because I aim the weak spots and not the turret or sloped parts of the armor. Yesterday I was fighting a T29, I shot it 5 times and ALL of them bounced off. Fortunately there was an IS-3 there and helped me out. And due to the very low damage of the gun, it takes 3 shots to destroy a tank like Panzer IV, which is absolutely unrealistic even for WoT standards.

I still have good stats with Tiger, slightly more than half of my battles are victories, which is satisfying with a tank like this, but this tank is definitely no fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users