3 Things For The Tiger 1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
153 replies to this topic

Ajatcho #141 Posted Jan 14 2011 - 09:13

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 17523 battles
actually the 88mm gun of the Tiger can shoot a kilometer away I cant see that the 88mm in the game did shoot that far

Nuthriz #142 Posted Jan 14 2011 - 20:21

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
...and what about the max speed of the Tiger I being historically around 23 / 24 MILES per hour..? (about 38 km/h)

Elukka67 #143 Posted Jan 16 2011 - 01:40

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Again! This MAY and WILL sound utterly german fanboy! BUT! PanzerKampfVagen 6 otherwice known as Tiger-1 was the MOST FEARED tank of WWII. On W0T it is a practise target. What are we doing wrong here??? It`s armor values are UTTERLY nerfed, soviet tanks are UNREALISTICALLY fast, Thanks to the MAGICAL HE rounds speed weights more than armor! I can only say WTMFHIGO!!!! (try to guess what that ment) TANK: is supposed to rely on ARMOR, NOT SPEED you have god damned armored CARS for that! It is completely illogical that 250mm plate breacks under a shot from 20mm pea-sfooter but 45mm SLOPED armor laughs at shells fired from the GOD DAMNED V3 CANNON!!!!!    

-So the point is: ARMOR`s DURABILITY MUST BE BUFFED! I do not think that the soviet tanks are made OP on porpose, BUT it shouldn`t be hard to fix that littl...  ...gicantic flaw!

-ALSO Slopes seem to hawe ABSOLUTELY too much effect on the shot! Just ror gameplay slopes must be nerfed: It really eats patience when a LEO dings a 152mm shot! Or when a T34 happily gnaws away 88mm and laughs!

FlatCat #144 Posted Jan 16 2011 - 01:54

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 11878 battles
When i got my tiger I was stunned at how easy other tanks 2 or 3 tiers blow it could go right though my armour like paper.

T-34s seem to never bounce a shell even today a sherman got 2 shells into me from the front not ans easy 8 just a normal sherman. So much for the
tiger all that work to be somewhat let down.

Also today I noticed how off the scale the tanks seem to be I was parked next to a panther and to my shock its gun and size were bigger then the tiger.

Please Devs make the Tiger the tank it was in real life.

nafnist #145 Posted Jan 17 2011 - 04:09

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Tiger I is an awesome tank in this game, however it needs 100% crew with rep-skills and all the top fittings and modules ect.

So the grid is very demoralizing.

Ajatcho #146 Posted Jan 17 2011 - 07:11

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 17523 battles
Historically saying the Tiger will bounce everthing on the frontal armourand with the 88mm gun it could knock out a Sherman 2000 meters

RNGesus_Giveth #147 Posted Jan 17 2011 - 08:03

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 21590 battles
  • [F0XEY] F0XEY
The Tiger I isn't facing Shermans in WoT, it's facing IS-4s and King Tigers. Of course its armor is being penetrated! In lower-tier battles, the Tiger I can easily dominate. However, the lack of sloped armor means that the 100mm of armor really is 100mm of armor, as opposed to many other tanks (i.e., Hetzer, KT, IS series) where the slopes magnify the effects of the armor. The developers cannot change the actual structure/design of the tank to make it sloped, as that would violate historical accuracy.

The Tiger I was designed to snipe enemy tanks. It was given a cannon that could "reach out and touch" enemy tanks outside of their range, so they couldn't fire back at the Tiger I. It wasn't made to rush into battle head-on against tanks of its own tier and larger.

florincccc #148 Posted Jan 17 2011 - 15:49

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostdotMark, on Jan 17 2011 - 08:03, said:

The developers cannot change the actual structure/design of the tank to make it sloped, as that would violate historical accuracy.
But they can restore the historical accuracy by making the 100mm plate of Tiger from high alloy steel which is different from the common steel used in real russian tanks.

menace1 #149 Posted Jan 17 2011 - 20:07

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 7607 battles
Personally, I think there are only two fixes that the Tiger really needs. First, a slight increase in damage for the 88 L/71. I think someone else suggested this earlier in the thread, bump it up to about 240-250 avg damage instead of 220. Secondly, the wonky module damage. It does seem pretty random as to what gets damaged, which just shouldn't be. Note, I am talking about things like a shot from the front knocking out the engine, that sort of thing. The frequency of the hits, at least for my Tiger, is fine.

Also, I notice a lot of people complaining about stock Tiger being worse than the VK3601. That isn't surprising. Stock anything is usually worse than a fully upgraded tank one tier below it, and the VK3601 and Tiger are no exception to this.

Lastly, I will say this. A fully upgraded Tiger is a good tank as it is right now. Not a great tank, and it does need a couple tweaks, but it is a good tank. Assuming you don't play like you're driving a Russian heavy (because let's face it, they are far more forgiving than any other nation's equivalent heavy) and you know where to shoot, Tiger will shine. I rarely every bounce my long 88 off of anything short of IS-7/Maus. That is not a typo. VK45 is easily penetrated from the sides with the L/71, as is IS-4. You can also damage IS-4 from the front with a shot to the driver's viewport in the hull, which is easy to do considering how close most IS-4s like to get. I am not suggesting shooting at an IS-4 period at long range, unless you have a side/rear shot. Same for VK45. As for dealing with IS-3 and Tiger II, the L-71 can penetrate their front hull (and stock Tiger II turret) at all but the longest ranges. Common sense still applies though, aim for the soft spots and areas where you have a good chance of getting a module (remember, there is a Tiger II hitbox somewhere on the forums, with all modules shown). IS-1/2 is also not a problem, their turret can't bounce your shell unless you make it bounce off the side while shooting at the front. If you get a decent shot on their side/rear, you stand an excellent chance of starting a fire or at the very least damaging their engine or fuel tanks. All US heavies T-29 and up are also common sense. Don't shoot the turret. Same goes for IS-3/4, and VK45 to a lesser extent. Don't shoot the turret. Also, remember. Assuming you completely upgraded your engine, you DO have mobility. You aren't fast, but you accelerate and decelerate very quickly. A Tiger with the final engine is, as said before, surprisingly agile and can play the peekaboo game many heavy drivers like to play.

I hate to sound so patronizing, but with all the complaints about bouncing long 88 shots off of things and being easy food for anything in the game, I can't help it.

loituma #150 Posted Jan 19 2011 - 19:41

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I just got a tiger thanks to the 5x xp/credit craze. So far I had played only TDs (up to Jagdpanther) and mediums (up to Panther 2). I have to say, playing mediums from VK-DB and up, the Tiger is always my target of choice as I know I can penetrate pretty much anywhere with a 90% chance.
Seeing that, I didn't think much of the Tiger, but now that I have I find it surprisingly good. I bought it fully upgraded thanks to previous research and free xp, and my crew is "only" 90% with camo skill (came from the JP).

It's just a first impression, I only played 6 matches so far. But it's the best start I had with any tank. 6 victories, 3 survived, 9 kills (didn't get any in first 3 battles). The only problem I see is that I already had 2 devastating fires, 1 killed me and the other left me crippled with 10%. Other than that it's fairly durable, bounces some frontal shots from same or lower tier tanks, and the long 88 is fine. Like said above, it's not fast but for a heavy I find it mobile enough and it's not sluggish, acceleration is good. Overall I'm surprised to like it because I enjoy the playstyle of faster medium tanks so much, but anyway I really like the Tiger. It's a more "relaxed" style, advance slowly, shoot from range, wait a bit, go on, etc. Also it seems that it has a decent camo ability, I shot a few tanks from about 250m, they turned their turret around but didn't fire back. Cool stuff, I'm keeping it :)

Slot_3 #151 Posted Jan 20 2011 - 05:50

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 9089 battles

View Postloituma, on Jan 19 2011 - 19:41, said:

Overall I'm surprised to like it because I enjoy the playstyle of faster medium tanks so much, but anyway I really like the Tiger. It's a more "relaxed" style, advance slowly, shoot from range, wait a bit, go on, etc. Also it seems that it has a decent camo ability, I shot a few tanks from about 250m, they turned their turret around but didn't fire back. Cool stuff, I'm keeping it :)

I too just recently got a Tiger and I've found this to be true. Can't treat it like a Russian heavy.

sourkraut #152 Posted Jan 20 2011 - 06:11

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 2566 battles
  • [LKY56] LKY56
Wish this could be implemented. Ive shot 3 122mm shots dead on at a vk36001 and i didnt scratch it but a single 76 can take out my tiger.

Cstriker01 #153 Posted Jan 20 2011 - 12:26

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 922 battles

View Postnafnist, on Jan 17 2011 - 04:09, said:

Tiger I is an awesome tank in this game, however it needs 100% crew with rep-skills and all the top fittings and modules ect.

So the grid is very demoralizing.

Well my crew is at 94% and I have all fitings but the last engine. What are the recommended equipment pieces a tiger driver should have? I was thinking Rammer certainly, and maybe coated optics and spall liner/wet ammo rack. I have a tool box from another tank that I put on this one at least until my crew starts training repair.

ToveyADMCinCHomeFleet #154 Posted Jan 25 2011 - 15:23

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 21007 battles

View PostISDVirulence, on Dec 16 2010 - 19:21, said:

This is an underpowered German tank, which is right where the Devs intend it to be.  Now if it was Russian, these changes would have been made long ago for 'historical reasons'.

I do believe QFT. something's gotta be done. this tank could destroy almost anything out to 2km

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users