xvm-stat / Error CS0016

XVM CS0016 Error

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

Namuras #1 Posted Mar 12 2013 - 01:12

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 7209 battles
  • [TT] TT
Hi there...

I have some trouble executing the xvm-stat.exe.

I downloaded / installed the latest version for 8.4. aswell as deinstalled - reboot / reinstall - reboot of dokan. Just to make shure i get a clean install.
When i try to run the xvm-stat.exe i get the error cs0016 failed to write to folder.

XVM Stat v1.3.0.34662 for XVM 3.5.0+
Timeout: 10000, MountPoint: res_mods\.stat
Game Region: US (detected)
System.ArgumentException: Die ProxyServers-Eigenschaft konnte nicht aus ihrem Standardwert erstellt werden. Fehlermeldung: Temporäre Klasse kann nicht generiertwerden (result=1).
error CS0016: In die Ausgabedatei c:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\vcqwpcw5.dll konnte nicht geschrieben werden -- Zugriff verweigert .
   bei System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyValue.Deserialize()
   bei System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyValue.get_PropertyValue()
   bei System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)
   bei System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
   bei System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)
   bei System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
   bei wot.Properties.Settings.get_ProxyServers()
   bei wot.Server.GetProxyAddresses()
   bei wot.Server..ctor(String ver)
   bei wot.Program.StartDokan(Object opt)
Stopping server

so far i have tried:

- Google said: add "Network Services" under sercurity/users to be allowed to access my "/users/temp" folder: did that
- run xvm-stat.exe as admin
- put firewall / antivirus into gaming mode
- disable firewall / antivirus

Nothing helped, the same error still applies...

Has anyone an idea what to else to do / try?
I'd really like to use this to its full extend and not only the rudimentary funktions XVM provides w/o running the xvm-stat.exe

Greetings and thanks in advance.

McBaconater #2 Posted Mar 12 2013 - 01:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9900 battles
Well since xvm doesnt do anything to actually help improve your game you could just unistall and forget about it . The only real effect it has on the game is to demorralize you before the battle even starts > who wants to make an effort when xvm says you only have a 20% chance to win ? If you have no idea what so ever of the pregame odds generated then you also wont be cowed into submission by it .

Namuras #3 Posted Mar 12 2013 - 02:24

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 7209 battles
  • [TT] TT

View PostMcBaconater, on Mar 12 2013 - 01:22, said:

Well since xvm doesnt do anything to actually help improve your game you could just unistall and forget about it . The only real effect it has on the game is to demorralize you before the battle even starts > who wants to make an effort when xvm says you only have a 20% chance to win ? If you have no idea what so ever of the pregame odds generated then you also wont be cowed into submission by it .

That is one option... but by now i am more interested in getting it running.

Zedzded #4 Posted Mar 12 2013 - 04:33

Captain

• Players
  • 623 battles
Sounds like a permissions problem.

From the FAQ on their site:

By default the DokanMounter service registers at launch with a “Local System” account. Most likely, the local system account authorization does not have the permission to create files or directories in the game catalogue. In this case go to the properties for the game directory and click on the “security” tab and add permissions for “Local System”. You can also open the properties from the services dialogue in the Task Manager and under “Logon” specify a user account with full permissions for the game folder.
Source: http://www.modxvm.com/en/faq/

Namuras #5 Posted Mar 12 2013 - 12:47

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 7209 battles
  • [TT] TT

View PostZedzded, on Mar 12 2013 - 04:33, said:

Sounds like a permissions problem.

From the FAQ on their site:

By default the DokanMounter service registers at launch with a “Local System” account. Most likely, the local system account authorization does not have the permission to create files or directories in the game catalogue. In this case go to the properties for the game directory and click on the “security” tab and add permissions for “Local System”. You can also open the properties from the services dialogue in the Task Manager and under “Logon” specify a user account with full permissions for the game folder.
Source: http://www.modxvm.com/en/faq/

I tried that and even added "Everyone" to the permissions tab just to see if that would help... sadly it doesn't. Really bugs me...

Nooben #6 Posted Mar 12 2013 - 13:35

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21 battles
Namuras, do you use Comodo? If yes, here is a solution.

Zedzded #7 Posted Mar 12 2013 - 13:51

Captain

• Players
  • 623 battles
You may want to try the newer 1.4.0-test version of stats.

edit: do you have MS Net framework 3.5.1 (not 4.0) installed?

Namuras #8 Posted Mar 12 2013 - 19:32

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 7209 battles
  • [TT] TT

View PostNooben, on Mar 12 2013 - 13:35, said:

Namuras, do you use Comodo? If yes, here is a solution.

Yes, i do use Comodo. But it is not running Isolated... and i also disabled Comodo which didn't help.

View PostZedzded, on Mar 12 2013 - 13:51, said:

You may want to try the newer 1.4.0-test version of stats.

edit: do you have MS Net framework 3.5.1 (not 4.0) installed?

I am using Win7 which should have thatone installed by default as part of the OS... I'll check that tho...

Edit: Yes, .net Framework 3.5 Sp1 is installed... aswell as the other versions.

I am really at a loss right now and it really starts to piss me off...

Edit 2: going to uninstall Comodo and install Avast... then redo the Dokanlib and see if that helps...

Edited by Namuras, Mar 12 2013 - 19:38.

Namuras #9 Posted Mar 12 2013 - 22:11

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 7209 battles
  • [TT] TT
I don't know why... but uninstalling Comodo did the trick...