Installed, but can't run - d3dx10_43.dll not found

dll d3dx

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

Szabadsag #1 Posted Mar 16 2013 - 20:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 3491 battles
I DLed and installed WoT on a relavitely new Alienware laptop running 64-bit Windows 7. The launcher reaches the end of the installation just fine, and gives me the "play" button, but when I click the "play" button to try to launch, it gave me an error that d3dx10_43.dll couldn't be found. It suggeted reinstalling, so I did and got the same error message. When I check \windows\system32, I don't see that DLL, but see d3dx10_33.dll through d3dx10_42.dll. When I run dxdiag, it tells me that I am running DirectX 11.

After it gives me that error, it closes the launcher. At that pont, the desktop link icon to launch is no longer the WoT icon, but the generic Windows icon, and when I click it, it tells me that it can't be accessed becaue I don't have permission.

What's going on? How do I fix it?

Thanks!
Optiker

Legiondude #2 Posted Mar 16 2013 - 20:29

Major

• Players
  • 13726 battles
  • [ELVIS] ELVIS
Just reinstall DirectX, Microsoft's website hosts the download

allantorres #3 Posted Mar 16 2013 - 20:34

Captain

• Players
  • 18125 battles
  • [-GO-] -GO-
If you are using win 7/8 install directx9

Szabadsag #4 Posted Mar 16 2013 - 20:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 3491 battles
OK...I went to http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=8109, which my son suggested - he's a software developeer and got me started on WoT, so a lot more kowledgeable than I am - and DLed it. But the site says that it contains all of the DirX versions that there ever were - 98 MB download - and that once installed, it can't be uninstalled. So, I wasn't sure I wanted to do that before getting more advice. He's not available at the moment, so I cam here hoping for confirmation or other suggestions.

So, is that the right thing to install, or something else. Also, alantorres, why directx9 when it's in version 11 now?

Thanks!
Optiker/Sz...

Legiondude #5 Posted Mar 16 2013 - 20:58

Major

• Players
  • 13726 battles
  • [ELVIS] ELVIS
I usually recommend this one, but seeing as both are posted on the same day they should have the same up to date data

String1701E #6 Posted Mar 16 2013 - 21:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9917 battles
  • [DEMON] DEMON
http://www.dll-files.com/ ...if all else fails

Szabadsag #7 Posted Mar 17 2013 - 00:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 3491 battles

View PostLegiondude, on Mar 16 2013 - 20:58, said:

I usually recommend this one, but seeing as both are posted on the same day they should have the same up to date data

Looks like that's the same as I already DLed, except installed directly from the Internet instead of using an installer. When it installs, does it install every DirX version, and if so, how much space does that take up? I see from what I DLed before that there are many CAB files. Are all of them expanded...even really old ones that may  not be needed?

Thanks!
Optiker/Sz...

Szabadsag #8 Posted Mar 17 2013 - 00:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 3491 battles

View PostString1701E, on Mar 16 2013 - 21:39, said:

http://www.dll-files.com/ ...if all else fails

Is that a clean site...ie, no malware threats?

Also, since I have another computer that does have the missing DLL, I copied it into the system32 folder, but just doing that apparently doesn't fix anything. I suspect there are registry changes that are needed judging by the info on the link  you provided...correct?

Thanks!
Optiker/Sz...

Szabadsag #9 Posted Mar 17 2013 - 00:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 3491 battles
Grrrr!

OK...have now used String1701E's link to dll-files to install the missing DLL file. Now, as described above, when I try to launch WoT, either from the desktop icon or from either the WoT or launcher EXE in the WoT folder, I get a message that Windows cannot access the specified device path or file, and that possiblky I don't have the proper permissions. I tried running those as administrator, but the same errort message. Do I have to DL and reinstall the whole thing?

Thanks!
Optiker/Sz...

String1701E #10 Posted Mar 17 2013 - 07:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9917 battles
  • [DEMON] DEMON

View PostSzabadsag, on Mar 17 2013 - 00:24, said:

Is that a clean site...ie, no malware threats?

been using that site for years,have never had any trouble with anything.virus scan always comes up clean.

String1701E #11 Posted Mar 17 2013 - 07:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9917 battles
  • [DEMON] DEMON

View PostSzabadsag, on Mar 17 2013 - 00:47, said:

Grrrr!

OK...have now used String1701E's link to dll-files to install the missing DLL file. Now, as described above, when I try to launch WoT, either from the desktop icon or from either the WoT or launcher EXE in the WoT folder, I get a message that Windows cannot access the specified device path or file, and that possiblky I don't have the proper permissions. I tried running those as administrator, but the same errort message. Do I have to DL and reinstall the whole thing?

Thanks!
Optiker/Sz...

I had trouble after 8.3.It said I was missing that one plus one other but didnt get the second file message until i tried to start after installing the first,frustrating.I just DL'd the file,If I remember it was a zip file,unzip and copy and paste to the system32 folder from above.the site i mentioned also has a .dll installer,but i've never used it.(scroll to the bottom of the home page and click on 'about us').GL and hope this helps. Btw, havent gotten any permission notices yet,but there's always the next update!

Szabadsag #12 Posted Mar 17 2013 - 16:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 3491 battles

View PostString1701E, on Mar 17 2013 - 07:28, said:

I had trouble after 8.3.It said I was missing that one plus one other but didnt get the second file message until i tried to start after installing the first,frustrating.I just DL'd the file,If I remember it was a zip file,unzip and copy and paste to the system32 folder from above.the site i mentioned also has a .dll installer,but i've never used it.(scroll to the bottom of the home page and click on 'about us').GL and hope this helps. Btw, havent gotten any permission notices yet,but there's always the next update!

I've tried simply pasting, letting dll-files install, and finally using the Microsoft update link to install. Checked the system32 folder and the DLL is there now, whereas it wasn't before. Still getting the "can't access..." error that prevents running it. I have a ticket in to Tech Support and sent logs, so they are looking at it.

Thanks!

Optiker/Sz...

String1701E #13 Posted Mar 17 2013 - 18:43

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9917 battles
  • [DEMON] DEMON

View PostSzabadsag, on Mar 17 2013 - 16:24, said:

I've tried simply pasting, letting dll-files install, and finally using the Microsoft update link to install. Checked the system32 folder and the DLL is there now, whereas it wasn't before. Still getting the "can't access..." error that prevents running it. I have a ticket in to Tech Support and sent logs, so they are looking at it.

Thanks!

Optiker/Sz...
hope they can help you with this.good  luck

doyleclarkpatrick #14 Posted Mar 17 2013 - 22:42

Private

• Players
  • 5 battles
this is the same issue that afflicts me when i'm trying to load the update.  don't know why they can't get us around this stubling block.

Szabadsag #15 Posted Mar 19 2013 - 00:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 3491 battles
I guess I'd need more than luck! It was looking promising when they actually replied to my newly opened ticket more quickly than I anticipated and asked for logs and the output of DxDiag. Unfortunately, after they got those outputs, they replied - condensed version - that my 6 month old Alienware Win7 notebook computer doesn't meet the minimum system requirements. I replied that I found that amazing since my 7 year old Alienware WinXP desktop runs it just fine. They also gave me a long generic laundry list of what I could do myself to try to fix it, but weren't particularly encouraging. Made me wonder if the second reply wasn't the standard offshore tech support for free players! Right...my sarcasm is not appropriate, but I guess I'll leave it. Anyhow, I sure hope that level of tech support is only that bad for free players, and that premium players do better.

Optiker/Sz...

Szabadsag #16 Posted Mar 19 2013 - 00:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 3491 battles

View Postdoyleclarkpatrick, on Mar 17 2013 - 22:42, said:

this is the same issue that afflicts me when i'm trying to load the update.  don't know why they can't get us around this stubling block.

So, did you get it fixed? If so, how?

Thanks!
Optiker/Sz...

doyleclarkpatrick #17 Posted Mar 19 2013 - 01:43

Private

• Players
  • 5 battles
just because i mentioned i am having the same issue doesn't mean i've got a fix figured out. sorry for the crass resposne but that's the breaks for presuming i had one.  my directx version is the ninth one.  mom will be the one to update it so i am powerless atm.  i've only had one battle and the battlefield seemed to have tranparency from below my vehicle which made navigation impossible.

Szabadsag #18 Posted Mar 19 2013 - 03:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 3491 battles
Well, I did get a reply from WoT Tech Support, from the same person who gave me the last reply, and they were kind enough to identify the issue. See below.

Optiker/Sz...
--------------------------------------------------
Than you for replying to your ticket.
The minimum system requirements for World of Tanks are as follows (http://worldoftanks....ed_questions#a2):
Operation system: Windows XP/Vista/7/8
CPU: 2.2GHz
RAM: 1.5 GB for Windows XP, 2 GB for Windows Vista/7/8
GPU: GeForce 6800GT with 256 MB of video memory / ATI X800 with 256 MB of video memory, DirectX 9.0c
Audio adapter: compatible with DirectX9.0c
Space available on HDD: 9 GB
Internet connection speed: 256 Kbps
The issue is that your processor is below the listed minimum requirements. Although your computer has a processor with 8 CPUs running at 1.60GHz each, World of Tanks is a single threaded program that requires at least one CPU running at 2.2GHz.
If you have tried all of the updates we previously provided in our last reply, and are still experiencing the same issue, it may indeed be caused by the processor not meeting the listed minimum requirements.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at your convenience.
--------------------------------------------------

misscleo #19 Posted Mar 19 2013 - 05:34

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 19807 battles
Some solid advice from this post, skip what you tried already. Generally wot support is pretty good, but processor speed does not cause the problem you're experiencing.

Szabadsag #20 Posted Mar 19 2013 - 13:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 3491 battles

View Postmisscleo, on Mar 19 2013 - 05:34, said:

Some solid advice from this post, skip what you tried already. Generally wot support is pretty good, but processor speed does not cause the problem you're experiencing.

Agree. I will continue looking for a solution.

Thanks!
Optiker/Sz...