What Is The Problem

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

SillyHumans #1 Posted Mar 24 2013 - 16:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
I'm sick of this game.  How can I get teams that constantly lose?  Even when I get 2 - 3 kills they still lose.  I can't stand it anymore.  I get to 50 - 50 win rate then it goes to hell.  I'm -11 now after a morning of being 1 - 11.  Last night it was 3 - 12.  I don't really get this.  Anyone have the same issues?

I hate arty also.  They can shoot through building and mountains.  And invisotanks were added for historical accuracy I guess too..... right?

locoace1 #2 Posted Mar 24 2013 - 16:49

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
i was about to sympathize, then you went full retard.

Toughen up cupcake.

scioneer #3 Posted Mar 24 2013 - 16:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostSillyHumans, on Mar 24 2013 - 16:47, said:

I'm sick of this game.  How can I get teams that constantly lose?  Even when I get 2 - 3 kills they still lose.  I can't stand it anymore.  I get to 50 - 50 win rate then it goes to hell.  I'm -11 now after a morning of being 1 - 11.  Last night it was 3 - 12.  I don't really get this.  Anyone have the same issues?
I hate arty also.  They can shoot through building and mountains.  And invisotanks were added for historical accuracy I guess too..... right?

This is a teamworking game, which, if you do not get teams that teamwork, and help their team mates occasionally, you're going to have a bad time.
I try to convince my teammates to follow me to flank or to stop them from flanking, but that doesn't work out very well.
Wg should run a test to let in players that will play fairly and utilize the point of this game.

Oh, and your last comment there ruined it.

Edited by scioneer, Mar 24 2013 - 16:51.

BCEMonkey #4 Posted Mar 24 2013 - 16:51

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostSillyHumans, on Mar 24 2013 - 16:47, said:

Lolwut?

TalonV #5 Posted Mar 24 2013 - 16:51

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
welcome to people playing for 'fun' and don't realize WINNING is fun.

Most people these days it's about 'hurr durr! i playz tankz! BOOM!!!!'

Probably most the gaming population these days.

Viruzzz #6 Posted Mar 24 2013 - 16:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
some games you will lose no matter what, there wouldn't be a need for a team without that factor.
some games you will win no matter what, that's why AFK players don't have 0% winrates.

some days are worse than others, but your daily winning or losing streaks don't really carry any statistical significance over your 3000+ battles

DIESELPWR #7 Posted Mar 24 2013 - 17:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
what really is disturbing are these individuals that hop in and start to teamkill/team damage because someone else isnt playing the way they want you to play. For example, last night me and my brother were defending base and arty, sitting in craters sniping. this a-hole in a t71 starts ramming into me because i wasnt out doing what he though i should be doing.  he eventually was destroyed by the enemy but only after he got pinned between my tank and my brothers.

I am tired of these kids that play just to make boom sounds and run around like idiots.

ArrogantWorms #8 Posted Mar 24 2013 - 17:14

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Best thing you can do to increase your odds and training is to get into Tank Companies or find better players who are willing to platoon and teach you.

Ironhorse_Smitty #9 Posted Mar 24 2013 - 17:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
All you can do is keep improving your game, you can only control one of the fifteen tanks out there so ensure you are doing all you can. Learn the terrain, your tanks, earn some credits to improve your equipment and crews, and keep plugging away. I thought I'd never get past 49%. But slowly the wins outnumbered the losses, some days more than others. Keep doin work

Kills are great but I had 8 yesterday in my paK40 french TD we still lost, some teams are beyond hope

Edited by Ironhorse_Smitty, Mar 24 2013 - 17:18.

venser #10 Posted Mar 24 2013 - 17:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

i was about to sympathize, then you went full retard.

Toughen up cupcake.

Agree. And for every losing team there is a winning team so a noob team is just chance.

GollumsFish #11 Posted Mar 24 2013 - 17:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Rosencrantz And Guildenstern Are Dead

(flipping a coin)

Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads.

Bet?

Heads I win.

Again...

Heads.

Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads.

Whoops!

It must be indicative of something
besides the redistribution of wealth.

Heads.

A weaker man might be moved to reexamine his faith
for nothing else at least in the law of probability...

Heads.

Consider.One,
probability is a factor which operates within natural forces

Two, probability is not operating as a factor

Three, we are now held within um... sub or supernatural forces

Discuss!

What?

Look at it this way. If six monkeys....
If six monkeys...

The law of averages, if I have got this right means....
that if six monkeys were thrown up in the air long enough...
they would land on their tails about as often as they would land on their....

Heads...
Getting a bit of a bore isn't it?

A bore?

Well...

What about the suspense?

What suspense?

It must be the law of diminishing returns   
A still spell about to be broken.

Well, it was an even chance.

Seventy eight in a row.
A new record, I imagine.

Is that what you imagine?
A new record?

No questions?
Not a flicker of doubt?

I could be wrong.

No fear?

Fear?

Fear!

Seventy nine.

I think I have it.
Time has stopped dead.

The single experience of one coin being spun once has been repeated.
A hundred and fifty six times.

On the whole, doubtful.

Or, a spectacular vindication of the principle
That each individual coin spun individually is...
as likely to come down heads as tails

and therefore should cause no surprise each individual time it does.

Heads...
I've never known anything like it.

He has never known anything like it.

But he has never known anything to write home about.

Break_The_Ice #12 Posted Mar 24 2013 - 17:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Everyone has losing streaks and they are annoying, but that shouldn't be happening constantly. The only thing in common with all of your matches is that you were in them. Start looking at yourself instead of blaming everyone else.

Also your last couple statements pretty much give away the intent of this thread.  You should try to be a little less obvious next time.

8707 #13 Posted Mar 24 2013 - 17:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Wait for it, you are still consider a Noob with less than 5000 games. You haven't seen anything yet .

bobfart #14 Posted Mar 24 2013 - 17:38

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
simple: GET BETTER

GollumsFish #15 Posted Mar 24 2013 - 17:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I suggest the OP actually go play an artillery tank and then get back to us.

Spyshadow01 #16 Posted Mar 24 2013 - 17:57

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostGollumsFish, on Mar 24 2013 - 17:47, said:

I suggest the OP actually go play an artillery tank and then get back to us.
Please don't, we have enough people playing WoT 'Point and Click' edition already.

Also, lrn2carrybetter op.

wolfen1086 #17 Posted Mar 24 2013 - 18:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I feel your pain about the artillery, HOWEVER I have played in an spg before and I find that artillery can NOT shoot through buildings, I DO find that every now and then I will get killed by a tank that doesn't show up[ in the players list, THAT makes me kinda mad, like last night when a T29 kills me with one shot and isn't nearby, I look on the p[layer list and all there is is a t40 listed no other T models anywhere, am I leaving the game because of that? nope, do I have a high win rate? nope Why don't I have a high win rate? well simply because I was Navy, not a tank commander, am I really really good at WOT............not yet am I progressing ...............yep. Do I believe thare are hacks available........yes I do simply because even though I refuse to use any I HAVE seen them on google, map hacks armor hacks, some people say WOT can not be hacked, well they said that about a flight sim I used to play too, will I leave because of that? .....not unless, I lose my internet or die in real life :)

RodneyDangerfield #18 Posted Mar 24 2013 - 18:22

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
You'll have to look at your own game play and figure out what YOU can do to win.  Were YOU supporting teammates? Were YOU there to defend the cap? Are YOU dealing enough damage early in the battle? Ect ect.   Stop blaming the team because when you do, you're not taking responsibility for YOUR short commings.

PG908 #19 Posted Mar 24 2013 - 18:34

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postwolfen1086, on Mar 24 2013 - 18:15, said:

I feel your pain about the artillery, HOWEVER I have played in an spg before and I find that artillery can NOT shoot through buildings, I DO find that every now and then I will get killed by a tank that doesn't show up[ in the players list, THAT makes me kinda mad, like last night when a T29 kills me with one shot and isn't nearby, I look on the p[layer list and all there is is a t40 listed no other T models anywhere, am I leaving the game because of that? nope, do I have a high win rate? nope Why don't I have a high win rate? well simply because I was Navy, not a tank commander, am I really really good at WOT............not yet am I progressing ...............yep. Do I believe thare are hacks available........yes I do simply because even though I refuse to use any I HAVE seen them on google, map hacks armor hacks, some people say WOT can not be hacked, well they said that about a flight sim I used to play too, will I leave because of that? .....not unless, I lose my internet or die in real life :)
Sometimes it seems like that happens then I see it was a friendly or already dead. I have my team list to max detail of names, tank, picture, ect.

daVinci761st #20 Posted Mar 24 2013 - 18:59

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
WoT has a steep learning curve and not everybody learns to play well at the same rate. Some people never learn to play well or just don't care to. Since it is a team game, and if you "x" number of people on your team who don't care about working as a team or just don't know how, it can result is some bad beat downs when you face an enemy team that does work like a team, and it can happen several games in a row.

Yesterday, I had 10 matches in a row where at least 5 people on the team did zero damage and scored less than 100 points in the game. That is 1/4 of the team! I know in one game we had 8 people do 0 damage. One tier 5, 6, 7 match had a KV-1s, a T29, an M4, a hellcat, and a vk2801 do zero damage and score less than 79 points each. The matches ranged in tier from tier 3 battles to tier 8 battles. We didn't lose all those matches, but it was a 4 for 10 stretch. When I looked at the other team, at most they had 2 players that failed to score damage, and it was usually an arty or a light tank.

I had to scratch my head because it is hard to figure out why tanks like a KV-1, KV-1s, T29, or an M4 would not be able to score any damage in a match even when thoe tanks were at the top of the MM in some matches. If they were afk, that would, but those players were not afk!

My advice is you are probably going to go through losing streaks if you play in pub matches, especially if you are not platooned up, but you are also going through winning streaks. You have to decide if it is so frustrating to you whether it is worth it or not to keep playing. For me, I don't like to lose, I like to win, but I do well in matches most of the time that I have fun even in losses. When I lose, it just makes me want to do better to try and help the team win in the next match.