• 12030 battles
  • [_GG_] _GG_
Yea nicely done!!

Extremist_Pain #24 Posted Apr 23 2013 - 07:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13580 battles
  • [ATLS] ATLS
i need to reasign the q for spotting. To be honest, biggest quam i have. downloaded for the countdown for reload

R4Ging #25 Posted Apr 23 2013 - 13:49

Captain

• Players
  • 8455 battles

View PostExtremist_Pain, on Apr 23 2013 - 07:06, said:

i need to reasign the q for spotting. To be honest, biggest quam i have. downloaded for the countdown for reload
well, even I had to get used to my new control as I had something set for Q too.

I am wondering though, what did you have set for Q ?

Extremist_Pain #26 Posted Apr 23 2013 - 18:12

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13580 battles
  • [ATLS] ATLS
i am running with standard, as you had it downloadable. i need to change the q assignment because q is my ts talk button.

R4Ging #27 Posted Apr 24 2013 - 17:22

Captain

• Players
  • 8455 battles
this mod is now on curse.com (check the first post for link) ! - like, since yesterday. :teethhappy:

I would like to thank everybody for trying out my mod, especially those who give feedback. it really allowed me to improve this mod.
the current version already has 1,007 lines of command codes !

R4Ging #28 Posted Apr 26 2013 - 19:25

Captain

• Players
  • 8455 battles
V2.0 (8.5 compatible) is now available for download !

R4Ging #29 Posted May 01 2013 - 11:36

Captain

• Players
  • 8455 battles
fixed the incorrect numpad control.
just follow the download link to get a V2.0 with the fix ! - I see nobody has downloaded the fixed version yet.

R4Ging #30 Posted May 05 2013 - 06:39

Captain

• Players
  • 8455 battles
V2.1 is out, update now!

H8M3 #31 Posted May 06 2013 - 07:25

Major

• Players
  • 20081 battles
and the q is fixed yet?

R4Ging #32 Posted May 06 2013 - 11:27

Captain

• Players
  • 8455 battles

View PostH8M3, on May 06 2013 - 07:25, said:

and the q is fixed yet?
what fix ?

the commands set on Q are all working as intended.

also, there is a change-log...

if you mean by 'Q is my talk button' like what Extremist_pain has mentioned here, feel free to:
*ask in this thread those who are using this mod what key they have set for talk.
*ask for a customized version.
*ask how to, and modify the key-bind yourself.
*suggest a different key for the commands set on the Q button - I would very much appreciate this one.

EDIT: 32 hours after release of V2.1 and only 9 have downloaded ! don't forget to tell others about this update !

H8M3 #33 Posted May 06 2013 - 16:10

Major

• Players
  • 20081 battles
ive already changed it.. i just assumed you knew you cant change the Q to a different button in settings you have to manually do it in your silly little xml file.. so you mod screwes up EVERYONE that uses a mic.. change it on your end its sooo simple like you said, so stop screwin up noobs games when they try to talk.. its been mentioned here b4 and you ignored it

R4Ging #34 Posted May 06 2013 - 19:40

Captain

• Players
  • 8455 battles

View PostH8M3, on May 06 2013 - 16:10, said:

i just assumed you knew you cant change the Q to a different button in settings you have to manually do it in your silly little xml file.
uhm, no. its under Settings > Volume > Voice Chat > Push-to-Talk.
learn2ask

so, working as intended.

and whats with the -1 ?
that was a serious question, I don't see how that post could offend anyone.

edit: so I guess this is why I was -1'd...

View PostH8M3, on May 06 2013 - 16:10, said:

change it on your end its sooo simple like you said, so stop screwin up noobs games when they try to talk.. its been mentioned here b4 and you ignored it
I don't have to change anything because nobody requested for any - extremist_pain didn't, even you didn't (you only asked about a non-existent fix, instead of requesting one).
neither did anyone say this mod is messed up - which it isn't.

I have been well aware that Q is the talk button ever since I set Q in my 'work-in-progress version' for V1.1, which is way before it was even mentioned here.

I didn't ignore anything, you simply failed to ask the right question.

the question you should have asked is: did I miss something ?
and you did, the push-to-talk button can be changed through the in-game settings.

besides, ever since V1.1 it has been said:

View PostR4Ging, on Apr 09 2013 - 15:04, said:

these controls are set-up within the mod and cannot be altered through the in-game settings. therefore, you must have these keys cleared in your settings.
next time, do some rechecking first.

not my fault WG decided to separate the push-to-talk control from all the other controls.

H8M3 #35 Posted May 07 2013 - 16:27

Major

• Players
  • 20081 battles
ya just shouldnt alter default buttons.. noobs wont know how to FIX it.. dont be the dullest tool in the box, think ahead

R4Ging #36 Posted May 08 2013 - 10:36

Captain

• Players
  • 8455 battles

View PostH8M3, on May 07 2013 - 16:27, said:

ya just shouldnt alter default buttons.. noobs wont know how to FIX it.. dont be the dullest tool in the box, think ahead
I don't alter anything.
the ones who download this mod are the ones who are altering their game.

if they really want to get this mod without any problem, then they should do EVERYTHING the mod requires to make it work properly, not just download it and place in the mods folder.
I already made the changelogs/content description as short as possible, read up everything and do some troubleshooting/rechecking if you encounter any problem.
if you can't fix it, remove the mod or ask for help.
when you don't get the answer you are expecting, you do not give -1. you instead try to clear it up - I am obviously not the type who ignores feedback (why make this thread in the first place).

its not as if this mod is for noobs anyway.

you think.

stop making excuses about how you missed the part where push-to-talk button can be changed through the in-game settings, and just apologize can you ?

also, this part:

View PostR4Ging, on Apr 09 2013 - 15:04, said:

these controls are set-up within the mod and cannot be altered through the in-game settings. therefore, you must have these keys cleared in your settings.
was written in bold when I first added the mod-specific controls.

its also under the 'notice' section. not my fault if some random guy failed to notice it.

with the latest update, I have also added a 'readme' file. that^ which I quoted is also there under the same section on the 3rd line.

edit: about the commands being spammed part, V2.1 (as it says on the change-log) already has cool-down times to prevent spam.

H8M3 #37 Posted May 09 2013 - 06:33

Major

• Players
  • 20081 battles
try joinin a platoon, with coms, and see how far you and your platoon get talking b4 makin the whole team mad for posting to chatr whatever it says when ya hit q, i already made my own with the radial tool. I simply dont get why you would set Q (a default wot setting) to anything other then talk. Untill ya do tha platoon thing like i said i guess you just wont get it. blah...

this mod tool is nice though http://forum.worldof...enu-editor-v12/ way eaiser then the manual way

R4Ging #38 Posted May 09 2013 - 09:53

Captain

• Players
  • 8455 battles

View PostH8M3, on May 09 2013 - 06:33, said:

try joinin a platoon, with coms, and see how far you and your platoon get talking b4 makin the whole team mad for posting to chatr whatever it says when ya hit q, i already made my own with the radial tool. I simply dont get why you would set Q (a default wot setting) to anything other then talk. Untill ya do tha platoon thing like i said i guess you just wont get it. blah...

this mod tool is nice though http://forum.worldof...enu-editor-v12/ way eaiser then the manual way
are you dumb ? pretty sure you are not, so stop posting these bull...
I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY MOD, however, ITS YOUR OWN FAULT THAT YOU GOT THAT PROBLEM.
do you see anyone else complaining about this you keep mentioning about ?

I already quoted to you that YOU NEED TO CHANGE THE CONTROLS and that YOU CAN CHANGE ALL THOSE FROM THE SETTINGS IF YOU ARE TO USE THIS MOD WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM or COMPLICATIONS.
learn2usemods. you don't just go downloading stuff without reading about them.

besides, the latest update already added command cooldown, which prevents spam.
the only reason I haven't bothered with it before is because I wanted to let my mod's user spam these commands, but not anymore.

I do plats (I also make them, instead of just joining in one) TCs and CWs, use TeamSpeak3, and obviously, I use this mod. not a spam problem because I CHANGED MY CONTROLS.
I also, DO NOT STICK WITH DEFAULT CONTROLS, I almost ALWAYS CUSTOMIZE MY KEY-BINDS.
and so far, it has been beneficial.

I chose Q because there are many other controls suited for any 'push-to-talk' stuff anyway. there are also 'activate-on-voice-recognition' function in many programs.

anyway, like I have said many times, I am VERY MUCH OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS or CUSTOM REQUESTS.

btw, if you open up the .xml file from my mod, you will know that the manual way is still better because that editor can't do certain things that can be done manually - its slower, but not so much since you can use copy/paste function anyway.

edit: and stop with the -1s. its not a good way to encourage mod creators to keep updating their mods when you keep giving them -1s in their mod threads.
I give you -1s for
*being ignorant.
*posting for the stupid ones when you didn't need to - this mod isn't for them and I doubt any of them will download this and not post here about their problems.
*telling me to not to be the dullest tool box when I am wasting a lot of time looking after this thread in case someone reports a problem/suggests something/etc. when I can just keep updating my own mod without even sharing it to the public - I see 100+ downloads on each of the last few versions (including the latest), it would be bad to not share any more.
*telling me to think ahead when you don't even know how or what I think.
*assuming I don't platoon nor know what will happen if I have this mod with Q as my talk button - which is very dumb anyway.

you should be happy that I am even entertaining your queries.
don't make me be the guy my name says I am.

Edited by R4Ging, May 09 2013 - 10:57.

H8M3 #39 Posted May 09 2013 - 22:04

Major

• Players
  • 20081 battles

View PostR4Ging, on May 09 2013 - 09:53, said:

are you dumb ? pretty sure you are not, so stop posting these bull...
I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY MOD, however, ITS YOUR OWN FAULT THAT YOU GOT THAT PROBLEM.
do you see anyone else complaining about this you keep mentioning about ?

I already quoted to you that YOU NEED TO CHANGE THE CONTROLS and that YOU CAN CHANGE ALL THOSE FROM THE SETTINGS IF YOU ARE TO USE THIS MOD WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM or COMPLICATIONS.
learn2usemods. you don't just go downloading stuff without reading about them.

besides, the latest update already added command cooldown, which prevents spam.
the only reason I haven't bothered with it before is because I wanted to let my mod's user spam these commands, but not anymore.

I do plats (I also make them, instead of just joining in one) TCs and CWs, use TeamSpeak3, and obviously, I use this mod. not a spam problem because I CHANGED MY CONTROLS.
I also, DO NOT STICK WITH DEFAULT CONTROLS, I almost ALWAYS CUSTOMIZE MY KEY-BINDS.
and so far, it has been beneficial.

I chose Q because there are many other controls suited for any 'push-to-talk' stuff anyway. there are also 'activate-on-voice-recognition' function in many programs.

anyway, like I have said many times, I am VERY MUCH OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS or CUSTOM REQUESTS.

btw, if you open up the .xml file from my mod, you will know that the manual way is still better because that editor can't do certain things that can be done manually - its slower, but not so much since you can use copy/paste function anyway.

edit: and stop with the -1s. its not a good way to encourage mod creators to keep updating their mods when you keep giving them -1s in their mod threads.
I give you -1s for
*being ignorant.
*posting for the stupid ones when you didn't need to - this mod isn't for them and I doubt any of them will download this and not post here about their problems.
*telling me to not to be the dullest tool box when I am wasting a lot of time looking after this thread in case someone reports a problem/suggests something/etc. when I can just keep updating my own mod without even sharing it to the public - I see 100+ downloads on each of the last few versions (including the latest), it would be bad to not share any more.
*telling me to think ahead when you don't even know how or what I think.
*assuming I don't platoon nor know what will happen if I have this mod with Q as my talk button - which is very dumb anyway.

you should be happy that I am even entertaining your queries.
don't make me be the guy my name says I am.

your callin me dumb, yet all i did is ask why ya use a default key as somthing else.. go ahead and rage. cause YOU dont use Q doesnt mean the rest dont.. make it for the masses, not just the people smart enough to fix it on their own, but i guess your SOOO important that you dictate what button's people use now right? i nvr said i diddnt like your Config of a radial mod, i just asked when ya were gonna replace the default q with something else like G for instance, but ohhhh noooo yould rather freak out.. ok freak out then.. rage all day.. your being laughed at.  :trollface: you have read my name right?.. like i care what yours is..

Edited by H8M3, May 09 2013 - 22:07.

R4Ging #40 Posted May 10 2013 - 09:12

Captain

• Players
  • 8455 battles

View PostH8M3, on May 09 2013 - 22:04, said:

your callin me dumb, yet all i did is ask why ya use a default key as somthing else.. go ahead and rage. cause YOU dont use Q doesnt mean the rest dont.. make it for the masses, not just the people smart enough to fix it on their own, but i guess your SOOO important that you dictate what button's people use now right? i nvr said i diddnt like your Config of a radial mod, i just asked when ya were gonna replace the default q with something else like G for instance, but ohhhh noooo yould rather freak out.. ok freak out then.. rage all day.. your being laughed at.  :trollface: you have read my name right?.. like i care what yours is..
nobody called you dumb, read again.

those who are smart enough to get this mod are smart enough to change their talk button or don't use it at all.
that was the point you seem to ignore - or maybe you just can't grasp it well enough.

I don't dictate anything, don't you know the point of using mods ? it is to customize.
to make this clear, NOBODY REQUESTED FOR THE Q TO BE CHANGED.
not even you. you only asked when it will be changed, in which case there is no certain answer yet as it is not even planned to be done in the first place, so I gave you the best possible answer I can provide as the creator of this mod - feel free to re-read it.

yet you -1'd my reply and told me I am screwing up non-existent players just because you didn't know how to change the talk button through the in-game settings.
then, instead of apologizing, you told me that I am being the 'dullest toll in the box' and that I do not think ahead when you are simply being ignorant of the facts I throw right on your face in all caps and bold characters.

you're the one me and my brother has been laughing at ever since you posted that out-of-nowhere question.

I have read your name, I have also seen your sig.

Also tagged with R4ging, Radialmenu, mod, V1.0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users