IS-4 Overpowered?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
222 replies to this topic

Apex_Honen #1 Posted Dec 23 2010 - 22:15

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
AS the title says really,ive been in various matches since the patch,and everytime ive came up against an IS-4 i have been unable to damage it,no matter where i hit it...is this just bad luck or is anyone else seeing this problem?
I am using a fullu upgraded Tiger II.
Its not a whine,so dont flame me,just a question,as before i never had an issue with them.

TachiFoxy #2 Posted Dec 23 2010 - 22:30

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostHonen, on Dec 23 2010 - 22:15, said:

AS the title says really,ive been in various matches since the patch,and everytime ive came up against an IS-4 i have been unable to damage it,no matter where i hit it...is this just bad luck or is anyone else seeing this problem?
Its not a whine,so dont flame me,just a question,as before i never had an issue with them.
Seems like that to me as well. In my VK 4502 P (best 10,5cm so far) it's almost impossible for me now to hit an IS-4, except it's a lucky hit on the side or rear... Something seems kind of effed up with the IS-4 now.

My friend who uses a Ferdi with 8,8cm gun also has trouble penetrating an IS-4 in the sides-rear now, even though it was fine before the patch... I thought all they buffed was the front-armour as well as the armour on the top of the hull (vs arty-shots). Seems like more than that was buffed...

Right now the IS-4 is OP. Even a VK 4502 is easier tokill now and much more slow and underpowered (even the 12,8cm doesn't seem to pack such a strong punch like the IS-4's best gun) than the IS-4.

phawkins1988 #3 Posted Dec 23 2010 - 22:32

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostHonen, on Dec 23 2010 - 22:15, said:

IS-4 front armour was buffed in the patch.

Apex_Honen #4 Posted Dec 23 2010 - 22:33

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Aye my thoughts,more replies please lets see if this again is bad luck or overpowered is-4

Colditz #5 Posted Dec 23 2010 - 22:41

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Unable to penetrate it, no matter where I shoot, I'm using a Ferdinand with the 88mm (10.5 is even worse, don't even wanna start talking about it). Before the patch I could penetrate it in the tracks/sides and rear and with a lot of luck, sometimes in the front... Now, after the patch, I can't penetrate it at all, I can't even track it. Even shots in the rear bounce off, I'm so pissed off (sorry for the bad word :o ) That whenever I see an IS-4 in a battle, I just hit "exit battle" and play something else.  What lead them to believe that the IS-4 was underpowered ? After the patch, a lot more people started playing their IS-4's again ( I wonder why  :P )

TachiFoxy #6 Posted Dec 23 2010 - 22:43

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostColditz, on Dec 23 2010 - 22:41, said:

Unable to penetrate it, no matter where I shoot, I'm using a Ferdinand with the 88mm (10.5 is even worse, don't even wanna start talking about it). Before the patch I could penetrate it in the tracks/sides and rear and with a lot of luck, sometimes in the front... Now, after the patch, I can't penetrate it at all, I can't even track it. Even shots in the rear bounce off, I'm so pissed off (sorry for the bad word :o ) That whenever I see an IS-4 in a battle, I just hit "exit battle" and play something else.  What lead them to believe that the IS-4 was underpowered ? After the patch, a lot more people started playing their IS-4's again ( I wonder why  :P )
Just you wait for the Softwipe... People announced already they'll go for the IS-4 since the increase in armour does make it OP (everyone predicted it) but the devs don't listen...

What do we even beta-test this for if our suggestions in game-balance are rejected?

Apex_Honen #7 Posted Dec 23 2010 - 22:50

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Well seems my fears where right,a lot of my firiends who play this and are actively testing this are very dissapointed with matchmaking and overpowered soviet tanks.
This isnt something that can be ignored..

angrybovine #8 Posted Dec 23 2010 - 23:12

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 13944 battles
  • [-DIG-] -DIG-
I hate to sound like I am trolling, but if you are claiming there is a problem and you are a beta tester, shouldn't you have some hard numbers to back up your claims?  Beta testing is more than just playing and posting and bitchin about something without any facts to back it up.

I'm not saying there is not a problem...I'm anxious to get home, update and see how my IS-4 does post-patch, but where in this post is there hard data?

Where is the Tank A shot IS-4 X times and penetrated Y times?

If there is indeed a problem, I suggest multiple someone(s) post some numbers after testing out a tank (with the upgrades specified in a post) in a training match with a IS-4 (with its upgrades specified in a post).

Maybe this will facilitate getting something fixed...I'm sure the devs have a lot on their plate besides just the IS-4 and some data from various attempts to test this may help get the issue (if there is an issue) addressed sooner instead of later.

Apex_Honen #9 Posted Dec 23 2010 - 23:17

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Ive shot an IS-4 with my 10.g tiger L/69 8 times now,2 on turret from front,3 on side armour 2 on rear and 2 at front and not 1 penatration.
Ill update as i meet more in matches.

ediko #10 Posted Dec 23 2010 - 23:42

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Yes it is overpowered. First match a sturmpanzer 2 hits me and takes out my loader. Every shot bounces off from a VK4502's gun mantle, couldn't shoot anything else. Then about 3~4 bounces on a ferdinands front (which somehow never happened in is3, must be my luck) and a su51 kills me by causing 70% hull damage in one shot. Second game a t44 hits my side, gunner dead can't even hit the same t44 now, get 2 close hits from panther SPG and a su8 and I drive as fast(well I walk faster but whatever) as I can to cover. Get called a noob because I can't do anything. After that I do exactly what they told me, and that is get close and support and I get destroyed by arty. Called a noob after that also. :mellow:

I'm off to get the gazillion of free EXP to make this tank at least half decent, will report how overpowered it is after some upgrades, right now it just a big piece of metal for everyone to rage on.  <_<

Ausuma #11 Posted Dec 23 2010 - 23:58

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 165 battles
is not that OP,i was killing one with my IS-3 a few hours ago,i was about to kill him but a tiger kill it first

Bellzybub #12 Posted Dec 24 2010 - 00:22

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Their just as easy to kill today as they were yesterday. I dont know what everyone is doing wrong, but i've had no problem getting solid hits on them from the front aiming for the same hitbox areas. It will ding and bounce off at times but for the most part it penatrates.

Bellzy

angrybovine #13 Posted Dec 24 2010 - 01:50

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 13944 battles
  • [-DIG-] -DIG-
Still updateing and waiting to see how IS-4 is now.  I wonder if all the bounced shots that others were griping about were  due to auto-aiming?

JoDekker #14 Posted Dec 24 2010 - 03:52

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
i laugh at people complaining about shooting front turret and dont have penetration. the hatch could be penetrated by too small guns, that was changed. i still can pentrate the front with 105mm kt gun or minimaus 128mm as before.

also dont forget the +-25% penetration modifyer, you still can be unlucky and get a few bad dice in a roll.

MARMIST #15 Posted Dec 24 2010 - 04:15

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postediko, on Dec 23 2010 - 23:42, said:

Yes it is overpowered. First match a sturmpanzer 2 hits me and takes out my loader. Every shot bounces off from a VK4502's gun mantle, couldn't shoot anything else. Then about 3~4 bounces on a ferdinands front (which somehow never happened in is3, must be my luck) and a su51 kills me by causing 70% hull damage in one shot. Second game a t44 hits my side, gunner dead can't even hit the same t44 now, get 2 close hits from panther SPG and a su8 and I drive as fast(well I walk faster but whatever) as I can to cover. Get called a noob because I can't do anything. After that I do exactly what they told me, and that is get close and support and I get destroyed by arty. Called a noob after that also. :mellow:

I'm off to get the gazillion of free EXP to make this tank at least half decent, will report how overpowered it is after some upgrades, right now it just a big piece of metal for everyone to rage on.  <_<

You have a nice 51% victory ratio so you're more than average.

But remember that here people are talkin about full upgraded IS4, with 130mm gun too, and maybe vertical stabilyzer, gun layin drive and spall liner or toolbox, like I have got.

I can assure you that I played also the vk4502, to a full level, and I tell you that the IS4 is way stronger once you have upgraded it.

Yes, while you are stock (like you are now) the vk4502 is better, since the Bl9 does not penetrate his front always. But once you ahev the 130mm and the second turrett, nothing stops you.

And now, after the patch, I'm officially a rolling machine. No need to use the vk4502 anymore.  <_<

Check this thread, page 11 for my post.

http://forum.worldof...4/page__st__200

ediko #16 Posted Dec 24 2010 - 18:57

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostMARMIST, on Dec 24 2010 - 04:15, said:

You have a nice 51% victory ratio so you're more than average.

But remember that here people are talkin about full upgraded IS4, with 130mm gun too, and maybe vertical stabilyzer, gun layin drive and spall liner or toolbox, like I have got.

I can assure you that I played also the vk4502, to a full level, and I tell you that the IS4 is way stronger once you have upgraded it.

Yes, while you are stock (like you are now) the vk4502 is better, since the Bl9 does not penetrate his front always. But once you ahev the 130mm and the second turrett, nothing stops you.

And now, after the patch, I'm officially a rolling machine. No need to use the vk4502 anymore.  <_<

Check this thread, page 11 for my post.

http://forum.worldof...4/page__st__200
It is pretty much what I expected from the tank, its more about the people.It seems to me whenever someone sees an IS4 on their side they automatically think that I can win the game all by myself and being called a noob because I get nailed by arty is a little annoying as well.

Well anyway will have to endure it till everything's upgraded like you say (I laughed when I couldn't put a spall liner on it because I lacked tracks). VK4502's front is better armored than mine still, but after I get the engine that shouldn't be a problem.

How many matches did it take you to get fully upgraded btw? Hope to see you in-game as well.
Oh and the front didn't seem as invulnerable as I though it will be. I faced a is4 one on one and shot his sides twice, both bounced. Killed him by aiming at front only. After that I met a is3 and a t29, the 29 bounced on my front once, then 2 shots from is3 and t29 puts the last one in me. It's how its supposed to be , meaning I cant take 2 tier 8's at the same time but still it shows that the biggest advantage this tanks has is the gun. And since you drive a vk4502 and say its rather weak, where should I hit him when facing frontally? I tried gun mantle but that thing still bounces for some reason  :lol:

leviath #17 Posted Dec 24 2010 - 22:54

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I'm a proud IS4 owner, and today I played with a friend's account to try his VK4502 and compare both tanks.
My god, ok vk4502 has 200hp more, and the canon is accurate and easy to aim which is really good compare to IS4 but wow this tank is sooooooooo slow. I almost slept before to reach the battle front. By the way, it is a fully upgraded VK4502.
Now I understand the pain of playing such a tank.

Now I like my IS4 a lot more, and I appreciate its high manoeuvrability despite the bad accuracy even if stabilizer helps a lot to make it better.

MARMIST #18 Posted Dec 25 2010 - 00:08

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postediko, on Dec 24 2010 - 18:57, said:

1)How many matches did it take you to get fully upgraded btw? Hope to see you in-game as well.
2)where should I hit him when facing frontally? I tried gun mantle but that thing still bounces for some reason  :lol:

1) 200 at least with a 750 average exp
2) with the 130mm, where you want, even frontal armor. IS7 simply autoaims to me.
With teh Bl9, driver's hatch, frontal turrett or go around him, or switch to HE and hit turrett to damage him

View Postleviath, on Dec 24 2010 - 22:54, said:

Now I like my IS4 a lot more, and I appreciate its high manoeuvrability despite the bad accuracy even if stabilizer helps a lot to make it better.

I have a friend who averaged 939 exp with the vk4502. Then he tried my IS4. He only said "he wants to have its babies" and keeps playing with it.   :)

And Maus/IS7 is even worse  ;)

Hornet331 #19 Posted Dec 25 2010 - 00:12

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postleviath, on Dec 24 2010 - 22:54, said:

I'm a proud IS4 owner, and today I played with a friend's account to try his VK4502 and compare both tanks.
My god, ok vk4502 has 200hp more, and the canon is accurate and easy to aim which is really good compare to IS4 but wow this tank is sooooooooo slow. I almost slept before to reach the battle front. By the way, it is a fully upgraded VK4502.
Now I understand the pain of playing such a tank.

IS4 and Vk4502 have the same accuracy with T10 gun...  :Smile_harp:

Finchy #20 Posted Dec 25 2010 - 01:11

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 2469 battles
nah I think it needs to be buffed some more

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users