• 55733 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
http://roughnecksxvm...ing-85  updated

lawndart_78 #22 Posted Apr 29 2013 - 01:55

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16628 battles

View PostCBARoughneck, on Apr 25 2013 - 21:36, said:

This mod looked lonely down on page three.  Thanks for translating this, Roughneck.  HARDscope had a similar feature built into it, but Andrey removed it with the last version.  I've had lots of people ask me how to get that to work in other crosshair mods, but I had no idea how to remove it and make it an independent mod.  Now we have this as a solution.

The config changes I made to it were dropping text transparency from 100 down to 90, setting transparency on the tank icon to 75, and I moved the info panel down and left, beside the damage panel, to the right of the damage log.  To anyone using this with 1920x1080 resolution, here's a quick how-to for moving it around.  (If you use a diferent resolution than that, this guide still helps, you'll just need to do some trial and error.)  To adjust the location, find its config file in res_mods\0.8.5\gui\flash\InfoPanel.xml.  Right click on it and chose EDIT.  Editing that xml file is a pain because it's in Russian, but if you know where to look it's not so bad.  You'll need to change some numbers on the first page.  The numbers to change are blue in the example below.  Change the first and second numbers on each line to -565 and 425 to move it down and left.  If you have scope shadow in your current setup (that black shaded area around the crosshairs when you zoom in)  you may not want to change the one for sniper because that will place it in the black and it will not be visible.  It would be nice if the original author had put it on top of the scope shadow, rather than behind it.  Also, if you don't really want it displayed in arty mode (or any other) just change where it says true to false in the section for Arty, Postmortem, or whichever.  Having it on in Arty mode can be a pain when you have a tank hiding under the info panel picture if transparency is set to 100.

Look for this:
<!-- Аркадный прицел -->
  <arcade visible="true"> <!-- visible - видимость элемента, true/false - включено/выключено -->
   <location x="-250" y="250"/> <!-- x, y - координаты расположения элемента. Отсчет координат идет от центра экрана, в аркадном прицеле перекрестие не является центром экрана -->
   <delay>10</delay> <!-- Время, через которое исчезнет панель, в секундах. 0 - отображать всегда -->
  </arcade>
  <!-- Снайперский прицел -->
  <sniper visible="true"> <!-- visible - видимость элемента, true/false - включено/выключено -->
   <location x="-250" y="250"/> <!-- x, y - координаты расположения элемента. Отсчет координат идет от центра экрана, в аркадном прицеле перекрестие не является центром экрана -->
   <delay>10</delay> <!-- Время, через которое исчезнет панель, в секундах. 0 - отображать всегда -->
  </sniper>
  <!-- Артиллерийский прицел -->
  <strategic visible="true"> <!-- visible - видимость элемента, true/false - включено/выключено -->
  </strategic>
  <!-- Посмертный прицел -->
  <postmortem visible="true"> <!-- visible - видимость элемента, true/false - включено/выключено -->
  </postmortem>

And speaking of transparency, if you want to adjust that you'll need to find all instances of alpha="100" in the config and change the number to whatever you want to try.  The fastest way to do this is to have the file in notepad, press Ctrl-H to open REPLACE, and type alpha="100" in the first blank and alpha="90" in the second.  Then click REPLACE ALL.  Now, to set the tank icon to 75, just go cleat to the end of the file and look for this near the very end:

<!-- Customizing icons tank -->
<tankIcon visible="true" alpha="90"> <!-- visible - видимость элемента, true/false - включено/выключено. alpha - прозрачность. 100 - непрозрачно, 0 - прозрачно -->

If you did the replace all to 90 that's how it will look.  just change the 90 to 75 or whatever number suits you.  You can try other values if you like, that's just what I found that worked for me.  Save it and you're done.
Posted Image

Best of luck and happy tanking.
Lawn
(I guess this mini-guide is a thank-you-for-the-mod and will hopefully save you some time telling people how to change stuff in it.)

BigNaturals #23 Posted Apr 29 2013 - 04:12

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 55733 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
mine is something a bit different , i have it moved below my crosshair, some is turned off, arty i have it set to the right and by my arty panel,, (my hit log is where you have yours,)
another option i thought of doing is adding it to the damage panel and moving your tank icon by the ammo bar
Posted Image

lawndart_78 #24 Posted Apr 29 2013 - 04:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16628 battles
I like when the modmakers give the option of disabling/moving all the individual bits.  With stuff like this mod or some of the good damage panels, your only limits are time and patience.   I take it you're liking that new crosshair?  I really like some of the stuff in one of Melty's new ones, bud god damn.  That blue he uses for everything is hard to see and hard on the eyes.  If he'd just use a color config option like in the old DAR I'd use it in a second.

BigNaturals #25 Posted Apr 29 2013 - 05:50

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 55733 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
thats why i dont use it cant see anything, i started messing with it today turning everything white and some other colors hope to test it in the next few days

lawndart_78 #26 Posted Apr 29 2013 - 08:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16628 battles
I used 0x00FF00 and 0x66FF00 in my old DAR config and remember them being pretty visible on all the map terrain types, if that helps any.

BigNaturals #27 Posted Apr 29 2013 - 22:05

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 55733 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
im working on the swf files see if it will work

lawndart_78 #28 Posted Apr 30 2013 - 01:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16628 battles
That would be pretty sweet.  I do hope we're talking about the same crosshair still.  Melty Map's Math Mod?  That thing is stupid complex but it has so many useful features, it just has those nasty side effects like causing blindness, and cancer in pregnant women.

BigNaturals #29 Posted Apr 30 2013 - 01:34

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 55733 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
yes same mod lol

lawndart_78 #30 Posted Apr 30 2013 - 03:05

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16628 battles
Not sure if it helps any, but someone took parts of Melty's crosshair and made a sniper mode for arty.  I wasn't sure if looking at it would help in reverse engineering that mod.  I haven't downloaded it, but it's on Drongo here:
http://drongo-lab.ru...icel-dlya-arty/
And RazNaRok has also done some stuff to it here:
http://forum.worldof...ymapsmathmod05/
I'd look into it more, but I've got a bug or two to chase down at the moment.

BigNaturals #31 Posted Apr 30 2013 - 08:19

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 55733 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
yeah i seen them  this morning

Hablaty #32 Posted May 28 2013 - 20:26

Private

• Players
  • 23046 battles
Nice job, but the tanks icon how can we change it somehow?? something diferent like armor picture, that I will do it in photoshop, only in the xml is the problem for me.

H8M3 #33 Posted May 28 2013 - 21:47

Major

• Players
  • 20132 battles

View PostHablaty, on May 28 2013 - 20:26, said:

Nice job, but the tanks icon how can we change it somehow?? something diferent like armor picture, that I will do it in photoshop, only in the xml is the problem for me.

unless hes changed it sence i got it a few months back theres a picture for each tank, just change the tank pictures to what you want. time consuming yet easy fix, without changing any of the coding

MBT2000BD #34 Posted Jul 12 2013 - 20:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 5142 battles
Hey roughneck.....I really like the mod!!Is there any way to increase the font size of the texts to make them more visible??Also how can I change the colors of the texts??Thanks in advance! :smile:

BigNaturals #35 Posted Jul 12 2013 - 22:09

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 55733 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
infopanel.xml in flash folder everything you want to change is there

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users