Russian tanks are too overpowered

russian tanks accuracy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
293 replies to this topic

danielduwaldt #21 Posted Apr 18 2013 - 20:24

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Well, if Russian tanks are too overpowered, they should be nerfed.
Just make em a little less overpowered. :)

lugzan #22 Posted Apr 18 2013 - 20:45

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postsalmon9939, on Apr 18 2013 - 11:27, said:

IN my opinion Russian tanks are too overpowered. My reasons for this are the following great damge great armour great speed,good accuracy strangly though it says russian heavys have horrible accuracy but how come the is8 or one of the is,s has 38 accuracy and how come im getting sniped 300 to 500 metres away and killedby russian heavys , and how come they tend to always pick on german tanks to nerf instead of russian eg the vk2801,anyway russian tanks are too overpowerd because my german tiger 2 and alot of my mates are complaining about russian is3s and 8 sniping us even though the germans are "supposed" to be the ones sniping

:veryhappy:

Madox76 #23 Posted Apr 18 2013 - 21:17

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
As one of the oldest tank lines in game along with one of the most filled out tank lines Yes they are very tough.  Ingeneral there weakness compared to other nations is View range along with less accurate guns.

View range who cares about if someone is in front doing all the viewing for you LOL real lame weakness.

Accuracy really is the big bad Boogy monster looks bad but when you look at what Gaussian distribution its.  Realize not nearly as bad as it sounds its not a linear  its bell highest probablity to hit is your aim point.

Effective sloped armor, big derp guns along with in the main tiers 5-10 their tanks in general are middle to top for each tier range they are going to appear OP.  To minor degree maybe but really they did a phenomenal job designing their tanks and using angles.  They revolutionized tank design with T-34 and jsut kept upping it with tons of development while other nations had very limited development, Soviet tried jsut about everything.

PortraitOfSanity #24 Posted Apr 19 2013 - 03:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I really can't stand playing Russian.  The only one I've kept is the KV-1, which is merely a money maker.

I played up to the SU-100 in the TD line, and the lack of accuracy in their guns is something I just can't deal with.  My E8 misses less on the move than my KV does standing still.  OK, bit of an exaggeration but still.  The Shermans aren't exactly snipers.  Ya, the damage is usually good.  Ya the armor's nice, but if I can't hit, I can't hang.  Personal preference I suppose.

mattwong #25 Posted Apr 19 2013 - 08:44

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostPortraitOfSanity, on Apr 19 2013 - 03:03, said:

I really can't stand playing Russian.  The only one I've kept is the KV-1, which is merely a money maker.

I played up to the SU-100 in the TD line, and the lack of accuracy in their guns is something I just can't deal with.  My E8 misses less on the move than my KV does standing still.  OK, bit of an exaggeration but still.  The Shermans aren't exactly snipers.  Ya, the damage is usually good.  Ya the armor's nice, but if I can't hit, I can't hang.  Personal preference I suppose.

Russian tanks are meant to fight at closer ranges than American or German tanks.  It's that simple; if you try to fight at long range with a Russian tank, you will be frustrated.

EDIT: I should add that the tier-9 Russian tanks are an exception to this rule, since they finally get accurate guns.

Edited by mattwong, Apr 19 2013 - 08:51.

hoom #26 Posted Apr 19 2013 - 13:43

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
How do you manage to average only 130dmg per battle O_O

Extremely bad@tanx, slightly bucks the trend by being worse@germantanx than russiantanx but only by a little & still 2nd worst with russiantanx.
And the commander isn't really any better.

Kenjis9965 #27 Posted Apr 20 2013 - 07:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Posthoom, on Apr 19 2013 - 13:43, said:

How do you manage to average only 130dmg per battle O_O

Extremely bad@tanx, slightly bucks the trend by being worse@germantanx than russiantanx but only by a little & still 2nd worst with russiantanx.
And the commander isn't really any better.

I once played a match with an IS-7 that somehow only managed to do 250 damage the entire match, With 4 hits...

Anyways, I think people who say Russian is OP have never played Russian tanks, They have their weaknesses, they have their disadvantages, Slow reload and sometimes WTF levels of accuracy being the two big ones at the middle tiers (IE, KV-1S..) As much as I like the KV-1S and think its a very good tank, I certainly dont feel its "OP" like others..They also do tend to catch on fire...

As for the IS-3 and the IS-6, I kill plenty of them with my tanks that can do over 200mm of penetration, With less than that, i admit they're rather difficult to hurt, Even with 200+mm of penetration the angling causes some annoying bounces..

IS-8 has a pretty big weak spot in the front of it, the IS-7 catches on fire a lot (Speaking from fighting both of them, not playing them, I've set at least 2 IS-7s ablaze and I have not fought too many of them....and IS-8s rarely scare me)

Wyvern2 #28 Posted Apr 20 2013 - 07:56

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
The new russian TD's have decent accuracy if you ask me. I have to say a lot of russian tanks are easier to do well in, but few are easy to be good in, for example the KV-1s, I was decent with the tank, was never good with it though, the T34/85 and T43 which seem to be less popular suited me far more, thought the IS was snazzier as well.

Soviet__Soldier #29 Posted Apr 23 2013 - 13:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
What an interesting topic! I now have the objective is to prove the strength of Soviet tanks.
The power of light tanks of the USSR proved already in the low-level battle.
In the proof of my words you can read my post in the topic about the tank T-26, and also read my posts and "Russian Lady" in the subject of the MS-1.

Tupinambis #30 Posted Apr 23 2013 - 13:28

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostErgaster55, on Apr 18 2013 - 11:53, said:

Russian tanks aren't overpowered, they are just easier to do well in. You don't particularly need to angle an IS-7, but if you want to survive longer than 2 minutes in an E-100, you are going to need to put some angling in.

However I must say; WG keep nerfing the German tanks. For example, my Panther has a pretty bad case of remote controlled shells. Despite the fact that the accuracy says .32, WG still have implemented a feature that changes the amount of gun spread. Can't actually hit anything more than 300m away reliably. Not only that, but the rate of fire on the L100 is even slower than the gun on the L70. Why? Just because it has more penetration? That's a lousy excuse. I find myself using the L70 for that reason.

Lots of people complained about the M4 derp being overpowered partly because of the ridiculous alfa damage, the high rate of fire, and the fact that you can actually snipe with it. I've been long ranged by Sherman's with derp all the time. However I know there are people who will disagree with me on the sniping part, but I'm just putting out what I know.

That must just be you. My panther still hits like a frickin' laser beam.

Soviet__Soldier #31 Posted Apr 23 2013 - 13:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
In Russian the server I am not a great player. I'm a good, average, average fighter.
The heavy tanks of the USSR I have such statistics:
KV-1 56% of victories and 632 average damage per battle;
KV-3 54% and 1160;
IS-3 52% and 1400;
IS-8 51% and 1700.
Who are interested, he can compare his and my stats.

Soviet__Soldier #32 Posted Apr 23 2013 - 13:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
I'm not saying that Soviet tanks stronger American tanks. I like Kzt29 (58% wins), T20 (54%), Tiger (58%).
In the game all the tanks individual and all in their own good.
All depends on the player and on the situation on the field of battle, as well as of equipment and of teaching .

mcclada #33 Posted Apr 23 2013 - 20:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I miss more in my IS3 then in my Tiger2...but when i do hit in my IS3 its for bigger damage. They seem fine to me.

Su4ov #34 Posted Apr 24 2013 - 04:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
There are a couple of historical factors that the game does not include, which cause Soviet tanks to perform better in WOT than their historical counterparts.

1.  Real-life training was often poor.  There's a vicious circle involved here; High casualty rates -> need lots of replacements now -> short training times -> high casualty rates.  Also the Red Army compensated for insufficient ammunition production by shorting training live fire practice. I've repeatedly read Soviet tanker memoirs describing firing just 2-3 rounds in training, before going into battle.  Think "noob who has had just enough battles so he knows how to operate all the controls."  (The Germans started to have these same problems in late '44 and '45.)

2.  Communications.  Especially early in the war, few Soviet tanks had radios at all.  Those that did were generally company commanders and up.  Imagine if Side A had German tanks with good voice communications like clans or platoons, while Side B had Soviet tanks and had to rely on the little text window for communications.

Without these problems (which would admittedly be difficult to represent in the WOT world) Soviet tanks shape up better in the game - with the same historical stats - than they usually did in Real Life.

Soviet__Soldier #35 Posted Apr 24 2013 - 06:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
I totally agree.

ComradeHX #36 Posted Apr 24 2013 - 08:12

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostSu4ov, on Apr 24 2013 - 04:42, said:

Without these problems (which would admittedly be difficult to represent in the WOT world) Soviet tanks shape up better in the game - with the same historical stats - than they usually did in Real Life.
IS's D-25T already has worse accuracy and pen than real life.
IS-8 is no where near real life armour.
IS-7 is already nerfed much from real life.

Terrible accuracy of IS-7 is not even historically accurate since IS-7 is made postwar.

Edited by ComradeHX, Apr 24 2013 - 08:12.

Soviet__Soldier #37 Posted Apr 24 2013 - 08:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostComradeHX, on Apr 24 2013 - 08:12, said:

Terrible accuracy of IS-7 is not even historically accurate since IS-7 is made postwar.

German Leopard on 9 and 10 levels, too, are made in the post-war years...

RedwoodOriginal #38 Posted Apr 24 2013 - 09:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostElessa, on Apr 18 2013 - 12:03, said:

Soviet tanks are so overpowered that the ammo racks spontaneously blows up sometimes due to the sheer, raw overpoweredness of Soviet tanks.  :trollface:
HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa...

....my sip of coke burst thru my nose back out....

Wolfenslaggen #39 Posted Apr 24 2013 - 18:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Except for racking IS3s in that spot under the turret on the right side...

And the rolling BBQ that is the KV3...

Or the hilariously out matched IS4...

Maybe the IS7s "fling the shell that way" might work...

The KV4 might turn in time, y'know, 30 min from now, to save the day...

Seriously: All tanks have strong and weak points and it is up to the drivers to push that.

OK maybe the T-62a could stand a nerf.  :unsure:

petedayton #40 Posted May 03 2013 - 23:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Since everyone is just throwing opinion around as accepted truths I'll lay down my two cents.  For the tier X heavies I feel the russians have the worst options next to the french.  Underpowered.