Announcing reload time in chat

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

Aquavolt #1 Posted Apr 22 2013 - 18:39

Major

• Players
  • 13192 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA
Yesterday I was in battle with an AMX 12t with a mod that announced how much time was left on his reload.

I primarily play otterloaders and SPG's so having that addon would be amazing, does anybody else use anything similar to this and/or would it be possible to provide a download source?

EDIT: I'm talking about announcing your reload time after you hit F8 Reloading! in chat. I already have the reload timer on my crosshairs, I just want people to know how much time is left before I'm able to get back in the fight.

Edited by Aquavolt, Apr 22 2013 - 18:50.

SunTzu71 #2 Posted Apr 22 2013 - 18:40

Major

• Players
  • 51537 battles
http://www.curse.com...j1mb0s-reticles

qyy #3 Posted Apr 22 2013 - 18:40

Major

• Players
  • 14857 battles
are you sure he didnt type how much time he has left on his reload

Lert #4 Posted Apr 22 2013 - 18:41

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44742 battles
Just the reload timer for the WoT standard crosshairs.

Aquavolt #5 Posted Apr 22 2013 - 18:50

Major

• Players
  • 13192 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA
That's not really what I was asking for, I already have the reload timer on my screen.

MedicOnDuty #6 Posted Apr 22 2013 - 18:54

Captain

• Players
  • 9298 battles
  • [FCF] FCF
I don't know of any mod that would do that, and in order for it to work properly the other people in the game would also have to have the mod installed, as their client would simply show the "Reloading!" message and not the time with it if they didn't have it installed.

Aquavolt #7 Posted Apr 22 2013 - 19:04

Major

• Players
  • 13192 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

View PostMedicOnDuty, on Apr 22 2013 - 18:54, said:

I don't know of any mod that would do that, and in order for it to work properly the other people in the game would also have to have the mod installed, as their client would simply show the "Reloading!" message and not the time with it if they didn't have it installed.

Then it would be a mod that calculated how much time was left on your reload and automatically announced it after you hit Reloading!

It's extremely beneficial as just announcing Reloading! is too vague to be useful when people are playing vehicles with a wide array of reload times.

MedicOnDuty #8 Posted Apr 22 2013 - 19:14

Captain

• Players
  • 9298 battles
  • [FCF] FCF

View PostAquavolt, on Apr 22 2013 - 19:04, said:

Then it would be a mod that calculated how much time was left on your reload and automatically announced it after you hit Reloading!

It's extremely beneficial as just announcing Reloading! is too vague to be useful when people are playing vehicles with a wide array of reload times.

I understand what it would do, and I think it's a good idea. The only problem is that in order for it work, other people would need to have it installed as well on their client because if they didn't, it wouldn't tell them how long it would take you to reload; it would only tell you how long it would take other people to reload, which while useful is not the goal of the mod. This is the same reason why skins will only work on your client and not someone else's if they don't have the same skins installed. With the way mods are right now, it could work, but a lot of people would have to download it. That being said, I would probably install it if it was made.

Aquavolt #9 Posted Apr 22 2013 - 19:17

Major

• Players
  • 13192 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

View PostMedicOnDuty, on Apr 22 2013 - 19:14, said:

I understand what it would do, and I think it's a good idea. The only problem is that in order for it work, other people would need to have it installed as well on their client because if they didn't, it wouldn't tell them how long it would take you to reload; it would only tell you how long it would take other people to reload, which while useful is not the goal of the mod. This is the same reason why skins will only work on your client and not someone else's if they don't have the same skins installed. With the way mods are right now, it could work, but a lot of people would have to download it. That being said, I would probably install it if it was made.

I understand your point of view, but what I'm talking about is different.

The mod would have a preset message that literally typed out in chat how much time was left on your reload. It would be a message separate from the Reloading! message.

There is no reason why nobody else would be able to see a basic message using the WoT client.

McDondo #10 Posted Apr 22 2013 - 19:18

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12489 battles
I think he might be using this radial command menu mod

http://forum.worldof...66#entry4160766

I have it installed and, as you said, sends a message in team chat about your RL time as soon as you send the "Reloading" msg. Only works for Autoloaders, arties and TDs IIRC.

This mod is really useful and it brings life back to that thingy we got in 8.0  :tongue:

Hope it helps!

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p485/mcdondo/shot_010_zpsfa56d7ed.jpg:original

MedicOnDuty #11 Posted Apr 22 2013 - 19:23

Captain

• Players
  • 9298 battles
  • [FCF] FCF

View PostAquavolt, on Apr 22 2013 - 19:17, said:

I understand your point of view, but what I'm talking about is different.

The mod would have a preset message that literally typed out in chat how much time was left on your reload. It would be a message separate from the Reloading! message.

There is no reason why nobody else would be able to see a basic message using the WoT client.

That makes SOOOOO much more sense now. I'm not so sure about chat mods, but that definitely sounds doable. Not that I'd have any idea how to do it, but I'm positive someone could figure it out.

Aquavolt #12 Posted Apr 22 2013 - 19:23

Major

• Players
  • 13192 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

View PostMcDondo, on Apr 22 2013 - 19:18, said:

I think he might be using this radial command menu mod

http://forum.worldof...66#entry4160766

I have it installed and, as you said, sends a message in team chat about your RL time as soon as you send the "Reloading" msg. Only works for Autoloaders, arties and TDs IIRC.

This mod is really useful and it brings life back to that thingy we got in 8.0  :tongue:

Hope it helps!

That's probably what I was looking for, I'll give it a shot when I get home.

Thanks!

Josh______ #13 Posted Apr 22 2013 - 19:55

Captain

• Players
  • 24994 battles
  • [PHASE] PHASE
bby you just should've asked me

as linked above, it's locastan's radial menu, which you can customize to your heart's content. I, for one, was going to macro our glorious recruitment message on there.

The only thing you have to be careful about with it is that it has a propensity to spam chat if you're anal about your reloads, which is why I got rid of it

Aquavolt #14 Posted Apr 22 2013 - 20:02

Major

• Players
  • 13192 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

View Postprecambrian, on Apr 22 2013 - 19:55, said:

bby you just should've asked me

as linked above, it's locastan's radial menu, which you can customize to your heart's content. I, for one, was going to macro our glorious recruitment message on there.

The only thing you have to be careful about with it is that it has a propensity to spam chat if you're anal about your reloads, which is why I got rid of it

I didn't know you had it. I've never seen you show us how much time is left on your reloads, probably because the chat was always full of spam.

I mostly play otterloaders and SPG's so I would only spam it every 20-50 seconds or so.

H8M3 #15 Posted Apr 22 2013 - 22:35

Major

• Players
  • 20132 battles

View PostAquavolt, on Apr 22 2013 - 18:39, said:

Yesterday I was in battle with an AMX 12t with a mod that announced how much time was left on his reload.

I primarily play otterloaders and SPG's so having that addon would be amazing, does anybody else use anything similar to this and/or would it be possible to provide a download source?

EDIT: I'm talking about announcing your reload time after you hit F8 Reloading! in chat. I already have the reload timer on my crosshairs, I just want people to know how much time is left before I'm able to get back in the fight.

if you saw that and he diddnt type it, then its included in a recent TEXT mod you installed.. to do this you would have to get into the messages.mo and add values for artys when they hit that function for it to show you..

i diddnt read the rest of this post so if anyone else already included an answer ... -my bad-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users