How to FIX the WOT game.

This what i do to improve it.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

EliteSniper_PL #1 Posted Apr 29 2013 - 00:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Well game is fun but the OMG moments ruin it a lot of times. So the way i see it to fix or improve the game.

1. Nerf Arty and few choices are.

a. Nerf damage and traverse speed by 10-15%
or
b. remove TD mode for arty = no cross-hair in TD mode at all just luck hitting or not.
and
c. and have 2 arty per game 3 if platooned.

And most of all remove arty ability to see stuff on the ground like gun smoke, tracers from tanks, trees falling, building being run over and sparks when you touch a dead tank. Unless friendly forces see that and can report back arty, arty should not see that in satellite mode. This is most unfair game play ever basically it is like a cheat for them to abuse.

2. Fix the pen and no damage,

It is frustrating to hit a tank 4 times pen it 4 times and have 0 damage. Make something like 30-50 HP gone for that so at least we know it did not go all the way but some damage should be dealt since it went in thru armor. Aim better you say hmmm the game shoots where it wants and not all tanks have spaced armor, yet it still happens.

3. Add more maps.

We definitely and positively need way more maps ! And if you are fixing the map well leave the old version on server until new one replaces it instead of lowering the number of maps for long time.
And when you add a new map well add it under 3 different names for first month or so there is bigger chance of playing that new map, cause we all want to play the new one but you can play all day and hit that new map only once that is sad.

4. Ban and remove XVM.

NO one should know anybody's stats during the game or overall chance of wining, this thing ruins the game more often then noobs, you have the typical omg we gonna loose and players just drowning or committing suicide runs. Not to mention arty or others knowing the good players target them specifically because they know their stats. In my book that is a Cheat. And it also crates a drama during the game etc. After game you can look at my stats all you want but not during. Or allow us players to block our stats individually if we like to do it.

5. Fix the capping.

Capping sucks right now. Team gets on cap reaches 100% and enemy team caps 7 seconds later and also reach the 100% and it is a DRAW that is total crap. I wonder why they don't do that in real life in car races or horse races etc ... o you got there 7 seconds later well its a draw ... right ..... Who ever reaches 100% first wins period.

6. Make tracks stronger for jumps.

This is a game not real tank so I like to see some cool action with jumps etc. Instead of being trucked but little bump just because i am driving too fast.

7. Fix the damage from enemy that you are on top of.

Getting damaged for crashing enemy tank from the top is dumb, why would you have damage you are on top of an object so why the hell would your tank get destroyed. Makes no sense what so ever and does not reward the crushing your enemy since you gonna die or get a lot of damage. I get some damage sure if you jump on it from a distance but if you just sit on top of him there should be no damage maybe tracks but that is all. So i would make it so for every 10 damage points to the tank on the bottom the tank on top gets 1 point of damage as long as the bottom tank is alive, after the bottom tank is dead 0 damage for tank on top.

8.Fix platoon GUI

Well in Tank Companies you can see the tier of the tanks that get ready to fight ... but not in platoons why not? Adding this would improve our paring of tanks. Instead of asking all the time what tier is that.

That is is all for now if i remember more i will add it ...

Edited by EliteSniper_PL, May 25 2013 - 07:52.

axepig #2 Posted Apr 29 2013 - 00:05

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
1: Arty hate much?
2: Aim better..
3:I agree on that one we need new maps!
4:There is nothing wrong with XVM, only some people with it have problems

demolishdude #3 Posted Apr 29 2013 - 00:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
1. This would need a little bit of editing. In my opinion, they are still hard to use in the first place, so they probably don't need to be nerfed. As i said however, that's an opinion.

2.Don't shoot tracks or spaced armor. That should be a good problem solver right there.

3.They are in the process of adding lots of maps.

4. You disappoint me. Anyone thinking radical thoughts like what you're trying to say are either stupid or have no faith in their team.

SargentOddBall #4 Posted Apr 29 2013 - 00:10

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
1. The problem with arty depends on your perspective of it. For me, its the fact that arty can hit me from across the map while, I, an AT-2 player, cannot even get close to it.
However, for that arty player, i am a really, really easy kill.
See? Its a double-sided coin. Slow tanks hate arty, but arty players and maybe some quicker players love it. Oh, and theres also those people who like pain, but this isn't about them.

2. 0 damage hits are actually critical hits. When you do a 0 damage hit, their track or a crew member ate the shell. Aim better.

3. More maps would be good, however remember its not a walk in the park to make a map.

4. XVM does not give you any benefit.

_ErwinRommel__ #5 Posted Apr 29 2013 - 00:14

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
1-arty counter acts the heavies stay in cover and don't get hit
2-you pen something without a damage box or spaced armor or you pen the exact armor it has so no damage
3-yes more maps
4-yes
5-please deal with it and move on

SilkySmooth #6 Posted Apr 29 2013 - 00:15

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
1. Only agree to artty limits - 3 per side. This too I totally agree with: "And most of all remove arty ability to see stuff on the ground like gun smoke, tracers from tanks, trees falling, building being run over and sparks when you touch a dead tank. Unless friendly forces see that and can report back arty, arty should not see that in satellite mode. This is most unfair game play ever basically it is like a cheat for them to abuse."

2. I think it is fine. Frustrating sometimes but fine.

3. Yes yes yes and bring all the ones back that were removed. Having more maps is better.

4. Nope. XVM is just fine. It is the people that add the "suck factor".

demolishdude #7 Posted Apr 29 2013 - 00:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Post_ErwinRommel__, on Apr 29 2013 - 00:14, said:

4-yes

:facepalm:

Anthraxicus #8 Posted Apr 29 2013 - 00:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
1. Artillery rocks. I love artillery. You'd think that since the Matilda is my most fought tank I'd think different but no, arty kicks ass.

2. Sometimes life sucks & sometimes so do the dice.

3. Add more maps? Bring back all the old maps too while yer at it.

4. XVM is mind control for noobs. So if you have a team of nublets and 1 of 'em says that you have a 13% chance of winning & you & yer team chooses to believe that well, you've made yer choice & it sucks to be you.

n4cer67 #9 Posted Apr 29 2013 - 00:26

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
1. NO
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes

Stageberg #10 Posted Apr 29 2013 - 00:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
1. Nerf Arty and few choices are.

a. Nerf damage and traverse speed by 10-15%  They already did that a few patches ago.
   or
b. remove TD mode for arty = no cross-hair in TD mode at all just luck hitting or not.  Arty needs to be-able to protect its-self because you won't
   and
c. and have 2 arty per game 3 if platooned.  this doesn't work because the supply of arty in Que fluctuates.

And most of all remove arty ability to see stuff on the ground like gun smoke, tracers from tanks, trees falling, building being run over and sparks when you touch a dead tank. Unless friendly forces see that and can report back arty, arty should not see that in satellite mode. This is most unfair game play ever basically it is like a cheat for them to abuse.

2. Fix the pen and no damage,

It is frustrating to hit a tank 4 times pen it 4 times and have 0 damage. Make something like 30-50 HP gone for that so at least we know it did not go all the way but some damage should be dealt since it went in thru armor.

As stated before it is a crit hit, which is better than a bounce.

3. Add more maps.

We definitely and positively need way more maps ! And if you are fixing the map well leave the old version on server until new one replaces it instead of lowering the number of maps for long time.
And when you add a new map well add it under 3 different names for first month or so there is bigger chance of playing that new map, cause we all want to play the new one but you can play all day and hit that new map only once that is sad.

There are 30+ maps right now, not bad.  More maps would be a luxury but not needed.

4. Ban and remove XVM.

NO one should know anybody's stats during the game or overall chance of wining, this thing ruins the game more often then noobs, you have the typical omg we gonna loose and players just drowning  or committing suicide runs. Not to mention arty or others knowing the good players target them specifically because they know their stats. In my book that is a Cheat. And it also crates a drama during the game etc. After game you can look at my stats all you want but not during. Or allow us players to block our stats individually if we like to do it.

That is is all for now if i remember more i will add it ...

This one makes absolutely no sense they are mods and are optional and hinder the players using them more than they help imao, but you should have the option.

Edited by Stageberg, Apr 29 2013 - 00:34.

majsteven #11 Posted Apr 29 2013 - 00:48

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
(1) Arty without TD mode? Might as well as take them out of the game.

(2) Pen & no damage is normal that called physics and learn how to aim.

(3) There is ~34 maps already

(4) I don't see what's the point of it. Its good for me at least they got caught off guard from my WR; efficiency counts too.

~Majsteven

EliteSniper_PL #12 Posted May 20 2013 - 20:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
UPDATED

TalonV #13 Posted May 20 2013 - 20:49

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
why do people suddenly think they have all the answers on how to fix WoT?  And most times they can be easily debunked?

EliteSniper_PL #14 Posted May 25 2013 - 07:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
update

Kukailimoku50 #15 Posted May 25 2013 - 09:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
While I am fairly noob at this game I pretty much disagree with most of the OP. Only one I do agree with is number 3. More maps would be welcome but not just in variety but in size. I remember chatting with a couple people and one of them mentioned maps 10km x 10km. That is a little large imho, maps 2km to 3km squared would be nice. I dunno what the draw limit is for the game but if it could accommodate a little more range if larger maps are implemented would be nice