Jump to content


Military Month 2013 Charity Drive


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
183 replies to this topic

SHARKMEAT #41 Posted Apr 30 2013 - 21:02

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8378 battles
  • 1,210
  • Member since:
    01-28-2011
on the $23 dollar package one I still see 2,500.000 credits on my end not 2,000.000 credits............CHEERSPS: PS:Come on guys give in a little, I'm just happy to be here. Thanks WG for your efforts to help.beat me by a 1/10 of a sec lol.

They changed it back to 2,000.000 ??...........CHEERS

Edited by SHARKMEAT, May 01 2013 - 04:49.


MetalMatrix #42 Posted Apr 30 2013 - 21:05

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 26738 battles
  • 262
  • [A-F] A-F
  • Member since:
    02-02-2011
Thanks Wargaming for including Canadian Vets in this program this year.

Again Thanks

Edited by MetalMatrix, Apr 30 2013 - 21:09.


Alundrel #43 Posted Apr 30 2013 - 21:06

    Corporal

  • Beta Testers
  • 7522 battles
  • 35
  • [SNOO] SNOO
  • Member since:
    10-18-2010

View PostAdmiral_General_Aladeen, on Apr 30 2013 - 21:02, said:

Am I the only person that is noticing that the charity announcement page says that the $23 package comes with 2.5m credits and 2k gold, but the gift shop says that its 2.5m and 10 large repair kits? Clarification please?

These bundles don't go active for another 10 hours.

Sadukar09 #44 Posted Apr 30 2013 - 21:06

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 19454 battles
  • 3,299
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    02-20-2011

View PostAdmiral_General_Aladeen, on Apr 30 2013 - 21:02, said:

Am I the only person that is noticing that the charity announcement page says that the $23 package comes with 2.5m credits and 2k gold, but the gift shop says that its 2.5m and 10 large repair kits? Clarification please?

The Charity bundles are not active yet. Wait until 23:00 PDT.

Alhazred #45 Posted Apr 30 2013 - 21:07

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 3352 battles
  • 171
  • Member since:
    08-02-2010

View Postkittikatt, on Apr 30 2013 - 20:22, said:

HEY WARGAMING, I THOUGHT THESE DEALS WERE "LOCKED IN PLACE" WHEN THEY WERE SUBMITTED A MONTH AGO.


HOW COME THE DEAL CHANGED IN THE PAST HOUR AFTER YOU POSTED IT THIS MORNING?


THAT DOESN'T LOOK VERY "LOCKED IN PLACE" NOW DOES IT?

2,500,000 CREDITS ARE NOW 2,000,000 CREDITS?

WOW WAY TO GO WARGAMING!!!

HI ARE WE PLAYING THE "LET'S PULL THE WOOL OVER OUR CUSTOMERS HEADS" GAME AGAIN???



making the text smaller cause apparently it was "too hard to read"  :sceptic:

Disputing Mod/GM/Admin decisions - continuance within 7 days of previous warning.
Removal or edit of GM/Moderating Team warning or restriction. 1 day suspend issued.
~GM/Moderating Team

This is a little worrying, though the second line makes me wonder if I am reading it correctly or not, so... just for clarification... did kittikatt get a 1 day suspension because he/she/it ratted out you guys on the credits amount change or because an edit I did not see? Also, you maaaaaay want to change the wording on the warning, as receiving one for: "Disputing Mod/GM/Admin decisions" sounds a little... oppressive? Dictatorial? Specially when it is not a forum matter (GM/Admin part?), I am perfectly ok if you want to avoid public discussions about a RO or something like that.

View PostAdmiral_General_Aladeen, on Apr 30 2013 - 21:02, said:

Am I the only person that is noticing that the charity announcement page says that the $23 package comes with 2.5m credits and 2k gold, but the gift shop says that its 2.5m and 10 large repair kits? Clarification please?

Old package. The Charity one is not yet up.

Strongarm8 #46 Posted Apr 30 2013 - 21:07

    Captain

  • Players
  • 7634 battles
  • 1,186
  • [-CFD-] -CFD-
  • Member since:
    01-20-2013
I want that T34 package sooo badly but I don't think I have the money, if I do I'm definately gonna buy one, if not, I'm gonna buy 1 or 2 gold & credit bundles

Admiral_General_Aladeen #47 Posted Apr 30 2013 - 21:12

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 17761 battles
  • 379
  • Member since:
    06-01-2011

View PostAlundrel, on Apr 30 2013 - 21:06, said:

These bundles don't go active for another 10 hours.

View PostSadukar09, on Apr 30 2013 - 21:06, said:

The Charity bundles are not active yet. Wait until 23:00 PDT.

Oh my derp lol. Guess I should learn to read things a little clearer. Thanks guys and cheers!

And to WarGaming, thanks for supporting our vets :)

Cl4nkCl4nk #48 Posted Apr 30 2013 - 21:16

    Captain

  • Players
  • 23183 battles
  • 1,349
  • [XERO] XERO
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011
Nice bundles, good discounts, and generous donations to worthy charities...

What's not to love?

:great:

Alesia_Aisela #49 Posted Apr 30 2013 - 21:30

    Captain

  • Players
  • 14950 battles
  • 1,329
  • [BUNS] BUNS
  • Member since:
    08-05-2011
Kind of wish there was a cheaper tank bundle, like around $10 or so.  The T34 bundle is great, but out of reach for a lot of people I bet.

Bryant21 #50 Posted Apr 30 2013 - 21:47

    Staff sergeant

  • Community Contributor
  • 14098 battles
  • 490
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    02-06-2011
Wargaming, why did you silently reduce the amount of credits from 2.5 mil to 2 mil?

Was this the original intended price or did you realize the first deal was too good.... just want an official explanation is all.

SadoMasticator #51 Posted Apr 30 2013 - 21:56

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 19601 battles
  • 264
  • [-ATC-] -ATC-
  • Member since:
    11-25-2012
I appreciate the ability to both play tanks and contribute to the cause. It would be nice if there were some smaller packages (I'd love to buy a captured Hotchkiss or PzB2). That being said, I had to change my shorts when I saw the 2000 gold + 2.5mil credit bundle. I was kinda like, hell yeah. Then the rug was pulled. Now I'm more like, guess so. Shame on you, WG. This is nonexistant electro money. Now you just look greedy. Don't want to give TOO good a deal to support the troops now, do we?

Major_Rampage #52 Posted Apr 30 2013 - 22:01

    Game Events Manager

  • Administrator
  • 14389 battles
  • 3,725
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
  • Member since:
    01-04-2012
Howdy folks.

Two things

1)  The Credit Bundle you do see in the gift is not the Military Month Bundle,  that is the one for this week's gift shop.

2)  The Gold and Credit Bundle for the Military Month Charity Drive was listed incorrectly in the article.  It has been corrected to list it as 2000 Gold and 2,000,000 Credits

I want to once again apologize for the confusion.  But while I am here I know there has been concerns about the EU Gift Shop packages and their "Lion King Bundle",  and why they have it and we do not.  This bundle contains:
  • 10,000 Gold
  • 90 Days of Premium
  • Lowe (Tier VIII Premium German Tank)
  • Garage Slot

    And for those who purchase this package receive an exclusive gift of:
  • Tetrach (Tier II Russian Premium Tank)
  • Garage Slot
I want to assure you that the NA Server has not been forgotten about in this regard.  We will be running the same special from May 24th - June 3rd,  which many of you will recognize as Memorial Day Weekend being an important holiday here on the NA server.  This bundle will run $116.99.

3BAC #53 Posted Apr 30 2013 - 22:25

    Major

  • Wiki Staff
  • 40896 battles
  • 7,592
  • [MAGI] MAGI
  • Member since:
    03-31-2011

View Postaquajon, on Apr 30 2013 - 20:38, said:

Apparently this is relatively new guidance being put out.  No one cared about this while I was in (last day of active duty was 2005).
Yes.  The new law, relatively speaking, was passed on Jan. 8, 2008.

View PostAlhazred, on Apr 30 2013 - 21:07, said:

This is a little worrying, though the second line makes me wonder if I am reading it correctly or not, so... just for clarification... did kittikatt get a 1 day suspension because he/she/it ratted out you guys on the credits amount change or because an edit I did not see? Also, you maaaaaay want to change the wording on the warning, as receiving one for: "Disputing Mod/GM/Admin decisions" sounds a little... oppressive? Dictatorial? Specially when it is not a forum matter (GM/Admin part?), I am perfectly ok if you want to avoid public discussions about a RO or something like that.
Not sure, but I"d say she first violated forum rules by questioning decisions of the moderators in the way that she did.  She accused them of essentially lying about the way these specials are planned. This is against the forum rules(section 2.8), and bad ettiquette regardless.  For this, she received a warning.  If she had asked for clarification about the change, instead of rudely accusing them, she likely would not have gotten the warning, instead receiving a very polite response like Major_Rampage provide above.
What appears to have happened next is she removed the moderator's warning out of her post.  This is strictly taboo (section 4.3).  For that, she received the suspension.

Edited by 3BAC, Apr 30 2013 - 22:26.


PrototypePegasus #54 Posted Apr 30 2013 - 22:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 10761 battles
  • 3,972
  • [HT] HT
  • Member since:
    02-01-2012

View PostMajor_Rampage, on Apr 30 2013 - 22:01, said:

Howdy folks.

Two things

1)  The Credit Bundle you do see in the gift is not the Military Month Bundle,  that is the one for this week's gift shop.

2)  The Gold and Credit Bundle for the Military Month Charity Drive was listed incorrectly in the article.  It has been corrected to list it as 2000 Gold and 2,000,000 Credits

I want to once again apologize for the confusion.  But while I am here I know there has been concerns about the EU Gift Shop packages and their "Lion King Bundle",  and why they have it and we do not.  This bundle contains:
  • 10,000 Gold
  • 90 Days of Premium
  • Lowe (Tier VIII Premium German Tank)
  • Garage Slot

    And for those who purchase this package receive an exclusive gift of:
  • Tetrach (Tier II Russian Premium Tank)
  • Garage Slot
I want to assure you that the NA Server has not been forgotten about in this regard.  We will be running the same special from May 24th - June 3rd,  which many of you will recognize as Memorial Day Weekend being an important holiday here on the NA server.  This bundle will run $116.99.
If i could get a job id be all over that Tet, but considering iv recently had a large sum of money stolen from me any gift shop packages will have to be carefully thought over before ordering... In this case, while i would agree the Tet is worth every penny. It would just not be a good financial option for this collector at this, or the intended time.

Hells_Angel_50 #55 Posted Apr 30 2013 - 22:37

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8858 battles
  • 215
  • [HELLS] HELLS
  • Member since:
    07-18-2012
10%   :angry:  that's BS. If you folks really wanted to help or Honor anyone then make it a personal hardship make it 50% to the Vets. Then I'll be in but for only 10%  I wont buy your gifts and I'll keep doing my own donations to our vets.   
   Vietnam Era Veteran  24th Inf Div Mech, 1st 35th Arty

Both Sons  Army  serving.

Bryant21 #56 Posted Apr 30 2013 - 22:44

    Staff sergeant

  • Community Contributor
  • 14098 battles
  • 490
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    02-06-2011

View PostMajor_Rampage, on Apr 30 2013 - 22:01, said:

Howdy folks.

Two things

1)  The Credit Bundle you do see in the gift is not the Military Month Bundle,  that is the one for this week's gift shop.

2)  The Gold and Credit Bundle for the Military Month Charity Drive was listed incorrectly in the article.  It has been corrected to list it as 2000 Gold and 2,000,000 Credits

I want to once again apologize for the confusion.  But while I am here I know there has been concerns about the EU Gift Shop packages and their "Lion King Bundle",  and why they have it and we do not.  This bundle contains:
  • 10,000 Gold
  • 90 Days of Premium
  • Lowe (Tier VIII Premium German Tank)
  • Garage Slot

    And for those who purchase this package receive an exclusive gift of:
  • Tetrach (Tier II Russian Premium Tank)
  • Garage Slot
I want to assure you that the NA Server has not been forgotten about in this regard.  We will be running the same special from May 24th - June 3rd,  which many of you will recognize as Memorial Day Weekend being an important holiday here on the NA server.  This bundle will run $116.99.


Thanks Major, you're the best!

Vollketten #57 Posted Apr 30 2013 - 22:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 24287 battles
  • 6,511
  • [SSGS] SSGS
  • Member since:
    12-26-2011

View PostMajor_Rampage, on Apr 30 2013 - 22:01, said:

This bundle will run $116.99.
sweet, starts saving pennies right now. This is the package I have been waiting for. Time to get back the Tetrach I should never have sold.

shp0ngle #58 Posted Apr 30 2013 - 22:52

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 10869 battles
  • 101
  • [VILIN] VILIN
  • Member since:
    11-28-2010

View PostBryant21, on Apr 30 2013 - 22:44, said:

Thanks Major, you're the best!
HE ftw

JBWill #59 Posted Apr 30 2013 - 23:00

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 14203 battles
  • 364
  • [RDDT] RDDT
  • Member since:
    03-15-2011
Seems like every time I get excited for a gift shop package that looks like a good deal, it winds up being a mistake that gets corrected.  Ah well, guess I can grind the credits for my 215b the old fashioned way. Good on Wargaming for the Charity donations, though.

_Hellscythe_Delusion_ #60 Posted Apr 30 2013 - 23:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 28463 battles
  • 3,435
  • [D-O-S] D-O-S
  • Member since:
    01-29-2012

View PostHA_50, on Apr 30 2013 - 22:37, said:

10%   :angry:  that's BS. If you folks really wanted to help or Honor anyone then make it a personal hardship make it 50% to the Vets. Then I'll be in but for only 10%  I wont buy your gifts and I'll keep doing my own donations to our vets.   
   Vietnam Era Veteran  24th Inf Div Mech, 1st 35th Arty

Both Sons  Army  serving.

That's actually pretty decent considering many charities themselves take a large overhead fee from donations they receive. In addition, this is also a great way of raising awareness and publicity for these veteran groups. I'm pretty sure there are many people like you who, after seeing these veteran groups, would donate directly to said charities rather through a middleman (WG). WGNA is just doing its part in helping to raise awareness and help. :)