T34 American tank

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
156 replies to this topic

yukimura1 #1 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 00:01

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 1236 battles
Ok so this is to the programmers. How the can you make a tier 9 tank worse then it's tier 7/8 counterparts? You nerf american tanks, barely change the german tanks, then buff the soviet tanks. Oh and lets not forget the biggest failure at patching a game in history so far. Glitched spotting, screwed up matching system for tank company fights,(should be based on tank capabilities and not tier due to disputable tank specs), and screwed up platoon invites. I mean seriously if you cant do this any better then hand this game over to NCsoft, Blizzard Entertainment, or Koei at least when they fix stuff they dont break a million other things. For those of you who don't like this post I'll let you know when i give a flying flip.

You guys still suck ass

testsubjekt #2 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 00:27

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
another "upps i cant solo an USSR Heavy Whine" - Thread?

btw if u have that knowdledge neither Blizzard nor NC Soft is able to balance their games for pvp, so stop useless comparisons.

Devs will gain feedback, change here, change there. NExt patch will come, so dont cry!

ModusOperandi #3 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 00:35

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 5771 battles
US heavy tanks work better in a hulldown position. US SPGs have more ammo, wider arcs for the guns and generally move faster than USSR SPGs. No input for TDs, yet. And their mediums are roughly equivalent. So, while USSR heavies tend to be the best, USSR lacks in other categories. Quit trying to solo them and learn to aim for their hulls. Even a stug 3 can penetrate an IS-4s hull (with a little luck).

boulder #4 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 02:04

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postyukimura1, on Dec 27 2010 - 00:01, said:

Ok so this is to the programmers. How the can you make a tier 9 tank worse then it's tier 7/8 counterparts? You nerf american tanks, barely change the german tanks, then buff the soviet tanks. Oh and lets not forget the biggest failure at patching a game in history so far. Glitched spotting, screwed up matching system for tank company fights,(should be based on tank capabilities and not tier due to disputable tank specs), and screwed up platoon invites. I mean seriously if you cant do this any better then hand this game over to NCsoft, Blizzard Entertainment, or Koei at least when they fix stuff they dont break a million other things. For those of you who don't like this post I'll let you know when i give a flying flip.

The main think to remember is this is a BETA.....give feedback not criticism......you arn't paying to play this game so feel free to quit and whine somewhere else, the community don't need to people like you.................  BYE  :Smile-izmena:

ThunderHog #5 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 03:42

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 7189 battles
I must say I am not surprised at all to see this topic started. I left the game tonight specifically to come into the forum and start it, so thank you.
I came up the heavy line in US tanks and every single tank was sub-par to it's counter part. The exception was the T32. Which was great, until the latest patch and now it fits right in. It's crap. So I got the T34 and it is even worse than the T32. What a real slap in the face this thing is. I bounce rounds 75% of the time and/or do ZERO damage with direct hits. I hit a LEOPARD 4 times in the side before I damaged it substantially and someone else got the kill. LOL. I have tried using it in every capacity and way you could think of, all with the same result.After spending all that time to get to a tier 9 and this is what you get: A tank that is about equal in armour and firepower as a Panther or T44..at best. Isn't this tank supposed to be equal to an IS4? HA!
It is/was a huge frustrating, and humiliating mistake to go the American Heavy line and I wish I never started. Shame on the programmers for this weak, woosy, useless, flaccid excuse for a tank. Yes, the game is in beta, and feedback is important so this is mine.  Are you saying only positive feedback is acceptable? If these things are not addressed then a lot of players won't pay for it when it goes retail and I will be one of those people. I have not invested money in the game, no but a lot of time, and that gives me and any ther player the right to give my opinion.

handy #6 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 14:02

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 2 battles
  • [TFA] TFA

View Postyukimura1, on Dec 27 2010 - 00:01, said:

Hey do me a favor and quit bitching about american tanks...They were shit before this patch anyways....tank companies are new...so they need tim to be worked on and adjusted...Btw russian tanks didnt get buffed...incase you havent noticed they have been like that anyways....And you want the game handed over to blizzard,nc soft, koei....

Blizzard = when they patch ... they make the game easy mode..

Ncsoft = good games to start with , then just fail them.

koei = havent heard of them.. so must not be too important

And also take your ass elsewhere....
Because what i see ...You cant handled getting raped

handy #7 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 14:03

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 2 battles
  • [TFA] TFA
Trolling 3 day RO,  Please post constructive or not at all

ThunderHog #8 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 17:23

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 7189 battles
OK, Mein Furher whatever you say.
Just follow up FACT: played this morning. My SEARS T-34 VS an IS4>>>16 of the 22 shots I took, side front, low, high, did ZERO damage. The rest did minor damage. Got zero kills and was destroyed a minute later. Hey I'm not bitching, This is great! Yaaaaay! I can't wait to pay for it!

Kilkro #9 Posted Dec 29 2010 - 09:45

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 4480 battles

View PostThunderHog, on Dec 27 2010 - 17:23, said:

OK, Mein Furher whatever you say.
Just follow up FACT: played this morning. My SEARS T-34 VS an IS4>>> 16 of the 22 shots I took, side front, low, high, did ZERO damage. The rest did minor damage. Got zero kills and was destroyed a minute later. Hey I'm not bitching, This is great! Yaaaaay! I can't wait to pay for it!

QFT 6 straight shots at a Tiger2 bounced. (T32) Edit: 2 of those rounds were gold rounds.

bart416 #10 Posted Dec 29 2010 - 10:06

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Its funny how all the users of american tanks whine. I started counting for a few days. I've destroyed more soviet heavies (IS3 and IS4) than US heavies (T29 and up) in 1 vs 1 from 100% to 0% health. And yes an IS can actually take on an IS4 in a 1 vs 1 and come out alive if you have a clue of what you're doing. Yet the exact same tank has trouble taking out a single T29. So really, who should be complaining?

Kilkro #11 Posted Dec 29 2010 - 10:11

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 4480 battles

View Postbart416, on Dec 29 2010 - 10:06, said:

Its funny how all the users of american tanks whine. I started counting for a few days. I've destroyed more soviet heavies (IS3 and IS4) than US heavies (T29 and up) in 1 vs 1 from 100% to 0% health. And yes an IS can actually take on an IS4 in a 1 vs 1 and come out alive if you have a clue of what you're doing. Yet the exact same tank has trouble taking out a single T29. So really, who should be complaining?

Invalid post since its only been 1 day since last patch

bart416 #12 Posted Dec 29 2010 - 10:47

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
The issue with that statement being that the server maintenance of 28 december was not a patch...
http://forum.worldof...ks-december-28/

Largepotato #13 Posted Dec 29 2010 - 16:33

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 8493 battles

Not if the IS-4 has any sort of clue of what he's doing.

ThunderHog #14 Posted Dec 29 2010 - 16:46

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 7189 battles
Love being accused of whining. If it is a negative and chronic gaming experience, it's whining. You didn't see me in here before the patch because I could compete on my own tank level with my T32, but now that is nerfed, so it joins the rest of the US tanks as inferior crap.
Why don't we just make it a level playing field and make it all Soviet tanks, since these are the ones the developers have clearly made the best. How about that? World of Soviet Tanks? Then nobody really could "whine" if that's what you prefer to call it.
Further evidence: Last night, with the first 3 minutes of the match, I encountered a T-54 in my T34 Wal-Mart "tank". I took 12 shots at him point blank front, and side, all locations and spots I could aim and did ZERO damage. I even hit him before he saw me. ZERO damage. How is that even remotely possible? That T-54 tank went on to 6 kills and destroyed every other unit in the game like he was breaking twigs. You couldn't track him or take his gun out. He was un-stoppable and invincible. He finished at 54% of health.  If someone had told me not to try the US line, I wouldn't have, and I wouldn't be posting here.."whining."
But I gave the game developers some assumed credit for integrity. After the softwipe,I'll go Soviet only.

Dravin #15 Posted Dec 29 2010 - 18:10

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 18317 battles
  • [LEMON] LEMON
I think i've played my t-34 enough now to make a solid assessment of it.

1) The 90mm stock gun is a painful grind to use to get the track upgrade, should probably just lower the stock tonnage enough to equip the 105mm from the get go and let the player decide which of the 2 guns they want to use to grind to the 120mm.

2) Armor: It's really a little low for a t9 tank, in my opinion the list as follows seems to be more appropriate for the respective tiers...

• T-29 - 102/76/51
  • T-32 - 102/76/51
  • T-34 - 127/76/51
  • T-30 - 127/76/51

I think this adjustment would help justify the grind, let's be honest... historical numbers can be manipulated to an extent to help balance out a tiered system such as the case with WoT.

It's really not that bad of a tank, it's by no means an is-4 or even a mini maus but if you play it like a tank destroyer you can get adequate experience and matches outta it. The biggest problem i had with this tank was getting started with it stock, the 90mm Gun T15E2 shouldn't even be used with this tank, i struggled with this gun trying to get enough exp for the track upgrade so i could equip the 105mm. Should probably just lower the stock tonnage on it and give the player the option to use the 90mm (stock) or let him/her equip the 105mm right away instead of having to wait on the track upgrade.

Should have the T-30 this weekend but it's basically the exact same tank as the T-34 with the exception of the gun so i'm sure i'll be able to jump right in it without missing a beat.

Tzorion #16 Posted Dec 30 2010 - 14:36

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
it feels like the T32 should have been the T9.

T34 stock turret vs upgraded = +100mm armor at the rear? and we dont even get the T30 gun, sadly.

then the T32:
+ its easier to hull down
+ its easier to bounce due to heavy turret armor
+ it gets highly underestimated with the big gun.
+ 1250 hp fully upgraded feels like 2000+ hp due to armor ratings.

T34:
- big turret with laughable armor
- big tank, hard to hull down
- the 120mm dmg, less penetration, less dmg than counterparts
+ higher rof on the 120mm than the counterparts

Conclusion:

Well, I still need to get the 120mm on the T34.
But, I enjoyed the T29, same with the T32, however so far the T34
feels like a huge downgrade, sure I have had some good fights in it, but I
rely on vital team backup where its not so vital in the T32.

I'm gonna grind it to elite, mostly to get piece in my mind so I am 100% sure
I aint missing out on something.

Largepotato #17 Posted Dec 31 2010 - 03:40

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 8493 battles
Just a pity the IS-4 is a far better tank than the IS-3, rather than slightly

nbk_redspy #18 Posted Dec 31 2010 - 03:48

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 6676 battles

I routinely take out T-29's with my IS but bounce all to hell on the is-3 or 4.  The developers are aware of the bouncing coming up too much and they are working on it.  You have to admit that they are making great progress in a short amount of time.

ThunderHog #19 Posted Dec 31 2010 - 04:50

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 7189 battles
Please, this is about the American tanks..and hey guys stop whining.. :lol:
Yes, they are making progress and it is why I posted here, not to bitch but to effect changes.

Good info...110,000 to the T30, so long as I am out of this thing..how about the gun upgrade..302,000?

berree #20 Posted Dec 31 2010 - 05:10

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 9861 battles
Hand it over to NcSoft??!!??? are you CRAZY :o

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users