T34 American tank

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
156 replies to this topic

Bison #21 Posted Dec 31 2010 - 05:53

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 37275 battles
I will just say I have no problem with my T29, T32 and T34. With the T34 I can hold my own against IS-4 and IS-7. In fact against all tanks. I have learned how and what to do with the tanks and how to take on the IS-4. I'm about 86000 xp away from getting my T30 and I'll have all the US Heavies from M6 to T30. But so far I like all my US tanks. I also have the M4, Easy8 and the T23. But I like them because they fit me in the way I like to play them. But it is just my .02 cent.

CastorHoS #22 Posted Dec 31 2010 - 06:41

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 12223 battles

View PostBison, on Dec 31 2010 - 05:53, said:

I will just say I have no problem with my T29, T32 and T34. With the T34 I can hold my own against IS-4 and IS-7. In fact against all tanks. I have learned how and what to do with the tanks and how to take on the IS-4. I'm about 86000 xp away from getting my T30 and I'll have all the US Heavies from M6 to T30. But so far I like all my US tanks. I also have the M4, Easy8 and the T23. But I like them because they fit me in the way I like to play them. But it is just my .02 cent.

yeaaa, I would love to see you take on an IS4 or IS7 in that T29, T32 or T34. Why? Because unless you found some magical hole to climb in or are playing against 5 year old drivers, those 2 tanks will eat your lunch and send you back to the sand box.

Publik_Khaos #23 Posted Dec 31 2010 - 08:05

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Have to agree with this. Im currently driving the 34, and it is horrid. Even with the 120mm, which finally starts doing some pen/damage to other high end heavies, it simply cant take a hit. Just early I was playing "Ensk", went down the normal alley that the heavies normally fight in, ran into 2 VK4502s. Obviously 2 on 1 is unfair, however you would think I could atleast beat one of them down pretty good before dying. But no. fully equipped I did 17% damage to one of the VKs and was killed by 4 front end/turret shots...IMO the 32 was superior, or atleast seemed so. Perhaps its simply the matchmaking difference between T8 & 9, but my stats and personal opinion say that the 32 was far better.

ThunderHog #24 Posted Dec 31 2010 - 15:14

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 7189 battles
I would love to agree with Bison and would like to have some of what he is smoking. But, I have to strongly agree with Castor and Publik. No way can I take on an IS4. IS3 yes, but not an IS4. I'd say 4 hits and done is about right for my T-34. Before the patch, in the T32, I could confidently take on any other same tier tank but not anymore. I really hope they can fix these issues of parity and balance.

Mr_Rivers #25 Posted Dec 31 2010 - 20:48

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
The t34's pathetic armor is starting to grate on me. The final straw was getting one shotted by an SU-14. I drive an su-14, and i have never ever killed a VK or an is4 in one shot.

i'm sure this will getfixed though in the next patch because the devs must know how terrible the t34 is already

FierceTomato #26 Posted Jan 01 2011 - 01:04

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 5059 battles

View PostCastorHoS, on Dec 31 2010 - 06:41, said:

yeaaa, I would love to see you take on an IS4 or IS7 in that T29, T32 or T34. Why? Because unless you found some magical hole to climb in or are playing against 5 year old drivers, those 2 tanks will eat your lunch and send you back to the sand box.

Actually I've soloed IS7s before in my T34(reload ftw)

It's simple really. I know where to shoot.

T34 is a great melee tank, believe it or not. The reload time and turret traverse works wonders. Not to mention the actual speed of the tank. I like the T34 in urban maps especially, because arty is considered useless and I can run around like a screaming banshee. I can almost see the dumbfounded faces of the Is4 drivers when I speed around the corner at 34 km/h, shoot their track and keep fish hooking around them, turret traverse will lose against the T34s speed and reload time. By the time they are finally aimed at me they have already lost around 50% of HP, worst case scenario I took 20% or so on the initial shot around the corner. And I know this might sound dumb, but keep your side facing them, there is a chance they will damage your track module, and only the module, you will take no damage in regards to health, if you face them with your front you are almost certain to take damage. Now I know what you USSR fanboys are thinking right now, "THATS BULLSHIT YOUR SHITTY AMERICAN TANK WONT DO SHIT AGAINST AN EXPERIENCED DRIVER. THE CIRCUMSTANCES ARE BIZZARE, HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT.". Sure, right, okay. I've fought all kinds and noticed a trend. I infact, CAN keep up with IS4s and AusfBs. I can go toe to toe with them, ESPECIALLY when I'm hulldown, infact, if I'm hulldown a fricking Maus doesn't do shit to me. I feel like bunker mode. It's a very different tank, and the play style is virtually unknown. To all you T34 drivers out there, you need to utilize hulldown tactics a lot. Cresting a hill for example, just move up JUST enough for your turret to be visible. Or hide behind dead tanks. Another thing you can do(my personal favorite) hiding behind debris from houses. And yeah you might be thinking about arty and all that bullshit. What I'm saying isn't absolute certainty, but it works, it really does.

I think this might be my first post on the forums. But I have been browsing it a lot. Specially the US tank threads. Specifically the heavy line. Now I have noticed a trend of T34 "whine" threads or what ever the hell you people call them. To be honest, I was let down when I first got the T34. Coming from the T32 it feels like shit. It was bigger, slower, weaker armor, and the gun was the same. My eyes were bleeding the first 10 games. I actually took a break because I was so let down at the quality of the tank. But, nonetheless I came back. I was driven to obtain the 120mm. Once i got the 120mm I felt, super sayin. I felt like fricking Goku beating the shit out of Freeza. It's an amazing tank with different qualities of any other tank in the game. I love my T34, a lot. I am very pleased with the tank and was glad it wasnt as bad as people( you guys ) made it out to be. Hate to sound like a douche bag but; lrn2drive.

Although the gun needs a buff, plain and simple. The US heavies are meant to be hard hitting paper tanks. Which they are.... kind of. The guns MUST be better than USSR or GER for the tank to be truly viable and competative. No more " Oh it's just a T34, i'll just rush it " - IS4 driver. It needs to be "Aw fuck, how am I going to flank this guy, that gun fucking hurts" - IS4 driver.

Hope my advice was of any help.

Thorgald #27 Posted Jan 01 2011 - 01:05

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostMrBigodes, on Dec 27 2010 - 00:53, said:

+1, forget ncsoft.
Ncsoft is the worst to balance anything. :rolleyes:

You have clearly never played Dark Age of Camelot or Warhammer. :)

Thorgald #28 Posted Jan 01 2011 - 01:23

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostShackles, on Jan 01 2011 - 01:04, said:

The guns MUST be better than USSR or GER

No they must not. What they must do is match the stats on the real life tanks.

Besides, this game is not Quake, you are not supposed to circle strafe other tanks at full speed as a heavy tank. So in that regard US heavys probably needs another nerf.

Scouts and to some degree, medium tanks maybe. But certainly not heavy tanks.

ThunderHog #29 Posted Jan 01 2011 - 01:28

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 7189 battles
Well said Shackles- Earlier today I made the decision to stick with it and committed myself to that by buying the T34 turret. Now I will add the gun and see how that works. The fact does remain though that it is/was a let down from the T32 and I only wish I could mount the 120 on that tank. I am confident in saying I would never get steel wall in this hull because it is made of aluminum foil. So maybe the "Alcoa" Wall.

Belrick #30 Posted Jan 01 2011 - 09:38

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 14380 battles
Let me clear something it up.

IS-4 REAR armour > than T34 FRONT armour.

Glad i cleared it up.

Devs you dropped the ball.

Period.

Kyouko #31 Posted Jan 01 2011 - 11:04

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 16713 battles
  • [TH] TH
Yeah, I thought most American heavy drivers would be familar with cover and the concept of hulling down. The Turret is so armoured that you should just hide your hull, terrain makes better armour.

Belrick #32 Posted Jan 01 2011 - 11:17

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 14380 battles

View PostSolo_Wing1, on Jan 01 2011 - 11:04, said:

Yeah, I thought most American heavy drivers would be familar with cover and the concept of hulling down. The Turret is so armoured that you should just hide your hull, terrain makes better armour.

Did you consider that 95% of map terrains have no hull down locations? That US drivers cannot carry hull down locations around with them?

So how about the next time you make such BS suggestions like that lol traktors are great once you become familiar with the concept of only shooting enemy tanks after ambushing them from behind you should stop and think first.

Benden #33 Posted Jan 01 2011 - 12:30

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Looks like devs are finaly moving and are about to modify all trees, especially us tanks.

Check this post if u did not already : http://forum.worldof...916#entry327916

Kyouko #34 Posted Jan 01 2011 - 13:00

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 16713 battles
  • [TH] TH

View PostBelrick, on Jan 01 2011 - 11:17, said:

Did you consider that 95% of map terrains have no hull down locations? That US drivers cannot carry hull down locations around with them?

So how about the next time you make such BS suggestions like that lol traktors are great once you become familiar with the concept of only shooting enemy tanks after ambushing them from behind you should stop and think first.

I play the same game and hull down locations arn't as sparse as you say. Although I think the T34 could use some more armour, The armour thickness shouldnt be going backwards as tier progresses.

RippTyde #35 Posted Jan 03 2011 - 07:13

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Tank is miserable to play stock, after finally earning enough xp to upgrade turret it's a little more tolerable but really lacks as a tier 9.

I really don't feel that confident with it against tier 8's.

Belrick #36 Posted Jan 05 2011 - 03:16

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 14380 battles

View PostShackles, on Jan 01 2011 - 01:04, said:

Actually I've soloed IS7s before in my T34(reload ftw)

It's simple really. I know where to shoot.
Although the gun needs a buff, plain and simple. The US heavies are meant to be hard hitting paper tanks. Which they are.... kind of. The guns MUST be better than USSR or GER for the tank to be truly viable and competative. No more " Oh it's just a T34, i'll just rush it " - IS4 driver. It needs to be "Aw fuck, how am I going to flank this guy, that gun fucking hurts" - IS4 driver.

Hope my advice was of any help.

What is your game name Shackles?
I would love to see your stats.

Heres my IS-4 stats

119 deaths, 537 kills 2250 damage per battle

Currently in my 105mm armed T34 (early days i admit)

9 Deaths 4 kills 588 damage per battle.

WHICH i might add is considerably worse than my T1 which i hated so much i ended up spending free xp to jump straight into the M6 after only a couple of dozen games. (might be a better example than the IS-4 to T34 comparison)

Timmpa #37 Posted Jan 06 2011 - 13:02

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 7542 battles
It's funny I use to here these same complaints about Aus B. vs IS-4's then I got my Aus B and have no problems fighting IS-4's (You win some you lose some). I was over a friends house and he has a T-29 and T32. I grinded his T32 to get the tracks and used his T-29 to get him the engine upgrade. I have to say that I am impressed with the T-32 (Mainly it's speed)and believe that once he gets the 105mm it will be a very nice tank. Now I plan on going all U.S. after the launch so I am currently grinding in a T1 to see what this tree is like playing it daily. Regardless it is the way I will go in the future so what better time to learn it's strengths and weakness?

Largepotato #38 Posted Jan 06 2011 - 13:54

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 8493 battles

View PostTimmpa, on Jan 06 2011 - 13:02, said:

It's funny I use to here these same complaints about Aus B. vs IS-4's then I got my Aus B and have no problems fighting IS-4's (You win some you lose some). I was over a friends house and he has a T-29 and T32. I grinded his T32 to get the tracks and used his T-29 to get him the engine upgrade. I have to say that I am impressed with the T-32 (Mainly it's speed)and believe that once he gets the 105mm it will be a very nice tank. Now I plan on going all U.S. after the launch so I am currently grinding in a T1 to see what this tree is like playing it daily. Regardless it is the way I will go in the future so what better time to learn it's strengths and weakness?
T34 Strengths - Huh?

T34 Weaknesses - Too many to list

Mow_Mow #39 Posted Jan 06 2011 - 22:18

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 12058 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
T34 strengths: Gun, Frontal turret armor
T34 weaknesses: everything else, you're driving a tier 7 tank again (with a nicer gun)

Largepotato #40 Posted Jan 07 2011 - 06:22

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 8493 battles
Gun is worse than both vk45 & is-4 (and panther II & pershing), so no, that is not a strength.  The turret is worse than the IS-4 due to flat poorly armored sides, so again, that is not a strength.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users