Mods that will give low end computers a fps boost

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

Ark_Commando #1 Posted May 03 2013 - 00:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 580 battles
Hello, I am a returning to world of tanks and unfortunately at this time my gaming computer is junk and I need to come up with money for a new one (Very unlikely to happen anytime soon) So I am stuck playing wots on a low end computer. Also as I remember when I use to play there were mods you could download for low end computers that would give you a fps boost I was wondering if they still exist and are legal If they do can someone give me links since ive searched the forums and haven't found any(Please don't come here spreading rumors, If your going to claim there illegal please provide solid proof)

_Griff #2 Posted May 03 2013 - 00:37

Sergeant

• Players
  • 58474 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
http://forum.worldof...d-pack-updated/

Black_Stealth_Badger41 #3 Posted May 03 2013 - 00:41

Captain

• Players
  • 39674 battles
Great new Mod I found  Its called go down to the computer store/ big box retailer like best buy.. go to the computer department . Take you existing computer with you.

Say hey I play WOT and my computer sucks.. then ask for:..

THE Upgrade Mod  It'll upgrade your board,  Ram, Graphics card  all for just pennies a day.

Or my particular Favorite. The Buy a new Computer Mod.

I hear they may come as an App too..lol

USMarine #4 Posted May 03 2013 - 00:51

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18322 battles
  • [W-G] W-G

View PostBadgerT34, on May 03 2013 - 00:41, said:

Great new Mod I found  Its called go down to the computer store/ big box retailer like best buy.. go to the computer department . Take you existing computer with you.

THE Upgrade Mod  It'll upgrade your board,  Ram, Graphics card  all for just pennies a day.

Would you like to give him the money for a new computer? If not, shove off.

-------

OP: Try using game booster. Also, try alt+tabbing out, bring up your task manager, go to processes, click "show processes from all users" if you see it on the bottom, then right click WoT, go to "set priority" and change it to high. :)

CrabbyWill #5 Posted May 03 2013 - 00:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 44355 battles
  • [RT6] RT6

What are you 12 years old? At least have the decency to help with an answer, otherwise don't put up something that only you think is funny. If your Grandma would see that, she would kick you out of her basement and you would have to get another job besides the one at the car wash, so you could get your own place. I await your Mountain Dew and Dorito fueled tirade.

Mydragonsfly #6 Posted May 03 2013 - 00:56

Major

• Players
  • 8394 battles

View PostCrabbyWill, on May 03 2013 - 00:53, said:

I await your Mountain Dew and Dorito fueled tirade.

:teethhappy:

I salute you bro, Im just grinning at that.

19DELTAPAPA4 #7 Posted May 03 2013 - 01:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8795 battles

View PostUSMarine, on May 03 2013 - 00:51, said:

Would you like to give him the money for a new computer? If not, shove off.

-------

OP: Try using game booster. Also, try alt+tabbing out, bring up your task manager, go to processes, click "show processes from all users" if you see it on the bottom, then right click WoT, go to "set priority" and change it to high. :)
I do that and also turn off processes that are not needed. Can take a little time and be sure you don't turn off anything you really need. Doing all of this and setting WOT to real time brought my fps up to 50. :honoring:

American_Ace_96 #8 Posted May 03 2013 - 01:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10875 battles

Really- Don't you have anything better to do then be a troll?

Fishrokk #9 Posted May 03 2013 - 01:11

Major

• Players
  • 18342 battles
  • [K-S-W] K-S-W

View PostUSMarine, on May 03 2013 - 00:51, said:

Also, try alt+tabbing out, bring up your task manager, go to processes, click "show processes from all users" if you see it on the bottom, then right click WoT, go to "set priority" and change it to high. :)

DON'T DO THIS!!!  

Sorry, USMarine, I'm not trying to stomp on you, but setting a process priority in Windows like this will not have the effect you want it to.

Every time a command related to the game hits the processor, it will go to the head of the queue.  This will put other commands from other processes at lower priority.  The other processes are doing things like translating received IP packets to act on them, and assembling information for outgoing IP packets (among a rather large number of other things).  Putting your game client's communication (as mentioned before, also a large number of other things) at a lower priority will actually hurt your game play.

Anyway, running the game efficiently depends on other processes running in a timely manner to support it, and manually changing the process priority changes that timing.

Definitely identify and shut down unnecessary running processes, though.  Typical XP machine runs about 50 - 55 processes on start up.  I got my last gaming pc down to 23.  Typical Win7 box appears to be 70 - 90 processes on start up.  My gaming rig runs 52 or 53 when I play WoT (depending on if I'm using my USB headset or not).

Also, WoT Tweaker will allow you more granular control of some graphic features (like exhaust smoke, destroyed tank smoke plume and tree/bush movement) that can give you an FPS boost.  I use it just so I can make the #!%##!$# trees stand still.  It's updated for 8.5.

Edited by Fishrokk, May 03 2013 - 01:26.

Ark_Commando #10 Posted May 03 2013 - 01:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 580 battles

Okay and theres another great mod called please send me the money .... Sorry my name isn't Mr.Moneybags, I got a real life and have real life bills that comes before anything else and after paying them real life bills I still got grocerys,gas etc to get as well . So if you think its so easy to go down to bestbuy and buy a new pc please feel free to send me cash and ill do just that.

Edited by Ark_Commando, May 03 2013 - 01:52.

Ark_Commando #11 Posted May 03 2013 - 01:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 580 battles
Also thanks to everyone else who has offered advice.

p05_ #12 Posted May 03 2013 - 14:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13232 battles
  • [ACF] ACF
this may help you out alot

http://forum.worldof...d-pack-updated/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users