Best premium tank for credit+free xp grinding?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

snapaz #1 Posted Dec 28 2010 - 00:12

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Topic says it all. I need a comparison of all the premium tanks and suggestions of the best tank suited to my needs.
Also what sorts of tiers are the premium tanks usually put up against?

Clockworkred #2 Posted Dec 28 2010 - 07:05

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 10297 battles
  • [LBAS] LBAS
I only have two, the Matilda and Churchill

Churchill-
-Decent Armor
-Fast firing rate
-Cheap to run
-Good scout killer

-Agile as a brick
-Slow
-Low penetration
-No HE shells

Matilda
-Decent Gun (Stock KV 76mm)
-Decent reload speed
-Okay armor
-HE rounds
-Cheap to run

-Slow
-Low agility

Both have the possibility of seeing KVs, but the Churchill is more likely to see King Tigers.

sastusbulbas #3 Posted Dec 28 2010 - 14:47

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
What is the desire for the premium tanks?

How much money and XP on AVERAGE do you get from a battle? Is the XP free or do you have to spend gold to release it?

I am not good at the game, and myself need something to bump up free XP and credits, but never seem to see any real answers to the benefits of premium tanks and which are regarded highly.

EndlessWaves #4 Posted Dec 28 2010 - 15:58

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postsastusbulbas, on Dec 28 2010 - 14:47, said:

What is the desire for the premium tanks?

How much money and XP on AVERAGE do you get from a battle? Is the XP free or do you have to spend gold to release it?

I am not good at the game, and myself need something to bump up free XP and credits, but never seem to see any real answers to the benefits of premium tanks and which are regarded highly.

As far as I know the only difference between premium tanks and normal tanks is that they get a small multiplier to their payouts, although with their inferior guns they're likely to earn less than a fully upgraded tank. Some people do seem to find them profitable but I've not noticed much difference myself.

pauli #5 Posted Dec 28 2010 - 16:57

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 19135 battles
  • [NUGGS] NUGGS
yeah, the premium tanks are not cost effective, either for grinding, or straight up combat. get them cause you think they'll be fun to drive, but don't get them thinking you'll earn more xp or credits per battle than in a decent tank.

Largepotato #6 Posted Dec 28 2010 - 17:16

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 8493 battles
Better off using a quality tier 5 tank that can pump out the damage, like an M7 with the 6 pounder or a T-34 with the 57mm.

Spend the gold you were going to use on a premium tank on the crew instead.

Tuccy #7 Posted Dec 28 2010 - 17:18

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Ram MkII

Rollmops #8 Posted Dec 28 2010 - 17:31

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Sry for bad english!

I had an Matilda and sold it. You are a victim for every upgraded PIII and better. The good armor is wasted by the "speed" of the Matilda. The gun is to weak to make enough dmg.

Sure is, that you will make more XP and credits with an higher tier premiumtank... but!

now im driving the 38H - the french tier2 tank. Its pure fun. The heaviest enemy i had in battle was an M3Lee. With your 45mm canon you are often overgunned in battles with MS1/PII or something else. Only TDs and Aris are dangerous.
The 38H has the best armour of its class... i got a battle where i counted over 15hits... and the most of them bounced.

Sure u get "only" 5k Credits a round, but i have more fun with this tank.

I heared a lot that the US T14 is a good premiumtank or that someone get 10k Credits with an Churchill... does it makes fun over time with that tanks?
I dont know.

Check the premium each others with its tierrank-pendants (and its possible enemys) and chose which is the best.

Scapeg0at #9 Posted Mar 19 2011 - 12:57

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
== T-14 ==

pros:
- If you play this tank, you have 690 HP. I think this fact speaks for itself.
- In low-tier fights the 101 mm turret armor can act as a "helmet" (like it does on the T29+ series), and the tank has relatively big tracks too. they give you some extra side-protection).
- Compared to other premiums this tank has a "great" top speed (34 km/h). Believe me... if we are tanking about premiums, it counts as great. :D

cons:
- This tank has a ridiculously weak hull armor. Literally everything can damage you.
- The slow turning speed can be a real pain too - it's hard to navigate this thing on narrow streets, or other small, crowded places.
- The turret turns slowly too, so don't let anything close to you.

- plus this tank has the gun of the M3 "Lee", which is not bad if you are facing tier 4-5 tanks in battle.

These cons aren't as bad as they sound. IMHO this is one of the best premium tanks the game has yet. :)

TheDude101 #10 Posted Mar 19 2011 - 20:44

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 6468 battles
  • [-BNP-] -BNP-
RamII. I've gotten some crazy stories from that thing.

Pros
- Descent speed
- Good armor
- 600+ HP (forget exact amount)
- Fast reload (about 1.5-2sec with rammers and crew)
- Descent penetration for most battles you'll be fighting

Cons
- Rams get targeted first a lot from what I've seen
- End up in tier battles where you cant do much but scout.

Cant think of many more, I loved my Ram II. Too bad  Isold it.

sightseemc #11 Posted Mar 20 2011 - 21:21

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 18302 battles
  • [AO] AO
I use the Churchill, but will probably have RamII as well after hard wipe.

Churchill pros:

Scout killing machine. This is where the Churchill earns its keep. With the fast reload and decent turret turn speed you can out shoot anything that gets gutsy and tries to run past you. IMHO, it's pretty much a defensive tank

600 HP. Keeps you alive long enough to dodge trouble if not crippled on first shot.

Low profile.

Cons:
No penetration to speak of. In higher Tier battles, your role is bullet sponge, since you can barely damage anything above you.

Slow as molasses

I do recommend the Churchill, but barely. If you pick a good spot with solid cover from arty and the heavies, you can ping anything below you to death. In a higher Tier battle, I tend to hang behind and angled near something big and scary to draw enemy attention and to try for their modules. But I would never consider it more than a farming tank.