wot gonna add the jagdmaus or waffen tiger's soon?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

Kira #1 Posted May 08 2013 - 16:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
are they?

Daigensui #2 Posted May 08 2013 - 16:30

Major

• Wiki Staff
  • 0 battles
Stop asking stupid questions.

Answer: No to Jagdmaus, yes to Waffentiger (this year).

Edited by Daigensui, May 08 2013 - 16:37.

JZ1996 #3 Posted May 08 2013 - 16:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
probably not till next year.

Darcel_Jones #4 Posted May 08 2013 - 16:33

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Hate being that guy but,what's a waffen tiger? pics,specs,anyone,looks at Dai.

Crysiiz #5 Posted May 08 2013 - 16:35

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
How about you do some research yourself instead of posting everything that comes to your mind on the forums. Your next topic is most likely going to be something like "When is a good time to sell my furniture" or some stupid question like that.

Twan #6 Posted May 08 2013 - 20:16

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
In the last FTR they "found some information in an archive on the Jagdmaus", so who knows.

Waffentragers:  Soon.

So never.

brandon954 #7 Posted May 28 2013 - 06:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
https://az95169.vo.m...aster/80129.jpg here is a picture of a Jagdmaus

Grimmkel #8 Posted Jun 11 2013 - 06:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
From FTR:

- Waffenträger E-100 gun being 150mm L/68? “No comment, but you will like it” (SS: earlier, it was confirmed it won’t be the 210mm gun, so there are various options, including 150mm L/68 or 128mm FlaK 45)

- there is a theory on RU forums that in the 2nd German TD line, the tier 10 TD will be the Jpz E-100, in the first line it will be replaced by Jagdmaus. SerB: “No comment” (SS: that would be truly retarded, as performance-wise, those vehicles were very close to each other. And yes, there was a Jagdmaus project.)

If there really is the idea to swap the JPE100 for the Jagdmaus, it would be interesting.  Would your garage just trade vehicles if you have the JPE, to give in to the playerbase? (Not completely naive here, there are complaints on all servers about this issue, including the German-getting-the-shaft theory.)

For the Jagdmaus, it could mount the 150mm L/68 or 128mm FlaK 45, as suggested.  So what, high RoF needle-pusher? They'd have to make it different from the JPE, otherwise as someone said, you'd have a functional clone of it.  I also heard it could be  made into the third TD branch, but that maybe never will happen.  Like Team and others have said before, we (German engineering admirers) want a Jagdtiger 2.0 gun, high velocity, low drop, accurate with decent inherent view range.

Maybe they'll go with the previous school of thought of the E-100 is less armored, with a 'stronger' gun, whereas Maus is more armored and has well, the gun it has.  Perhaps we'll see the JPE-100 mirroring the E-100 path, and the Jagdmaus will have more armor with a lesser gun; but more accuracy and RoF, but lesser pen.

IMHO I'd like to see a centrally mounted gun in a superstructure like the Jagdmaus pictures you find online, but on some sort of light-weight maus chassis to give it some mobility and an accurate, high pen, and good RoF.  A light-weight Maus in all practicality won't float, but if it's as 'mobile' as the jpe, we'll get another sub-par arty-magnet which will be plagued with the same issues.  I'm seeing this being a (in concept) bigger 8.8 JT without the superstructure bounce ability, as from what I can see is a flattened face, mantlet to be penetrated.

Bumping this thread.  Ideas?

Rosh87 #9 Posted Jun 11 2013 - 06:21

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostCrysiiz, on May 08 2013 - 16:35, said:

How about you do some research yourself instead of posting everything that comes to your mind on the forums. Your next topic is most likely going to be something like "When is a good time to sell my furniture" or some stupid question like that.

LoL - crys.  Good stuff :-)  (+1)

Wake_Island #10 Posted Jun 13 2013 - 03:03

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostGrimmkel, on Jun 11 2013 - 06:16, said:

From FTR:

- Waffenträger E-100 gun being 150mm L/68? “No comment, but you will like it” (SS: earlier, it was confirmed it won’t be the 210mm gun, so there are various options, including 150mm L/68 or 128mm FlaK 45)

- there is a theory on RU forums that in the 2nd German TD line, the tier 10 TD will be the Jpz E-100, in the first line it will be replaced by Jagdmaus. SerB: “No comment” (SS: that would be truly retarded, as performance-wise, those vehicles were very close to each other. And yes, there was a Jagdmaus project.)

If there really is the idea to swap the JPE100 for the Jagdmaus, it would be interesting.  Would your garage just trade vehicles if you have the JPE, to give in to the playerbase? (Not completely naive here, there are complaints on all servers about this issue, including the German-getting-the-shaft theory.)

For the Jagdmaus, it could mount the 150mm L/68 or 128mm FlaK 45, as suggested.  So what, high RoF needle-pusher? They'd have to make it different from the JPE, otherwise as someone said, you'd have a functional clone of it.  I also heard it could be  made into the third TD branch, but that maybe never will happen.  Like Team and others have said before, we (German engineering admirers) want a Jagdtiger 2.0 gun, high velocity, low drop, accurate with decent inherent view range.

Maybe they'll go with the previous school of thought of the E-100 is less armored, with a 'stronger' gun, whereas Maus is more armored and has well, the gun it has.  Perhaps we'll see the JPE-100 mirroring the E-100 path, and the Jagdmaus will have more armor with a lesser gun; but more accuracy and RoF, but lesser pen.

IMHO I'd like to see a centrally mounted gun in a superstructure like the Jagdmaus pictures you find online, but on some sort of light-weight maus chassis to give it some mobility and an accurate, high pen, and good RoF.  A light-weight Maus in all practicality won't float, but if it's as 'mobile' as the jpe, we'll get another sub-par arty-magnet which will be plagued with the same issues.  I'm seeing this being a (in concept) bigger 8.8 JT without the superstructure bounce ability, as from what I can see is a flattened face, mantlet to be penetrated.

Bumping this thread.  Ideas?
TL;DR
I hope they come soon.

Herr_Klug #11 Posted Jun 13 2013 - 11:55

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
At the rate they are going the crews I am training up for these vehicles will be on their 3rd secondary by the time WG releases them  ....  grrrr

teamoldmill #12 Posted Jun 13 2013 - 13:33

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostHerr_Klug, on Jun 13 2013 - 11:55, said:

At the rate they are going the crews I am training up for these vehicles will be on their 3rd secondary by the time WG releases them  ....  grrrr

They will probably make up new crew member types to thwart you. Firefighter, medic, coroner, propaganda officer, etc.

Sucks because my JT/JPE crew are getting pretty epic, but not going to split them up and don't have the time or self-hatred any more to train a crew fully using a garbage premium TD.