Jump to content


Truth about patch 8.6

WG Never Balanced Honest

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
407 replies to this topic

HanZulu #1 Posted May 24 2013 - 22:39

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,984
  • Member since:
    01-28-2011
There is a lot commotion about the next patch. Things we felt but never been admitted by WG.

1. TDs earned less XP. I always knew it, I play extensively TDs I compared damage done with heavies it was always off. It was also obvious top XP earners never have been TD players. But still the behavior of WG and SerB speaks for themselves.

2. Camo values, have been always unfair. The SU tank line got in proportional bonuses relatively to comparable tank sizes of other nations. Thanks to diligent RU players who tested it, the list was never released by WG. But what the heck, did WG think we are stupid? Invisa SU tanks have been all to common.

3. Accuracy, the impulse value. I play all nation tanks. But the more I played SU tanks I started to write posts about the accuracy. I had remarkably a higher percentage on point hits than with other nations. Even direct hits on the move. Again WG can't imagine we get behind it.

WG was from closed beta dishonest with the player base. It never changed.

The future with the next patch will be a huge buff to the SU line. Yeah some tanks of other nations will benefit. But it's same old again. OP SU line.

1. Camo will be even more important, SU best base values.

2. Ammo nerf will make sloped armored much more effective

3. new accuracy calcs. The SU line will benefit the most. Even though I think they delete the impulse value.

4. Fast moving tanks will get hit less by arty. So no change for slow tanks. But the generally faster SU tanks benefit the most.

So back to close beta levels of unfairness.


Edit: wait for next patch 8.7 they already declared the big American nerf, LOL the only tank line that was competitive in higher tiers. But well I guess, working as intended.

CAMN #2 Posted May 24 2013 - 22:42

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 3,126
  • Member since:
    10-11-2010
I'm a little confused here. When you say "SU" you mean the russian TD line, or you mean "RU" as in russian tanks as a whole?

Either way, I've seen people doing quite well in every tree in this game, doubt there is anything special about the russian ones.

PelicanGuy #3 Posted May 24 2013 - 22:43

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,119
  • Member since:
    11-30-2012

View PostHanZulu, on May 24 2013 - 22:39, said:

RUSSIAN BIAS!


Vladmir_Lemon #4 Posted May 24 2013 - 22:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 4,067
  • Member since:
    12-04-2011

View PostCAMN, on May 24 2013 - 22:42, said:

I'm a little confused here. When you say "SU" you mean the russian TD line, or you mean "RU" as in russian tanks as a whole?

Either way, I've seen people doing quite well in every tree in this game, doubt there is anything special about the russian ones.
I guess he uses SU the acronym as Soviet Union.

Daigensui #5 Posted May 24 2013 - 22:45

    Major

  • Wiki Staff
  • 0 battles
  • 15,357
  • Member since:
    11-09-2012
Basically, you're just ranting stupid stuff again. Anything new?

AntonioHandsome #6 Posted May 24 2013 - 22:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 7,894
  • Member since:
    01-31-2011
I thought you were gone.

CAMN #7 Posted May 24 2013 - 22:47

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 3,126
  • Member since:
    10-11-2010

View PostVladmir_Lemon, on May 24 2013 - 22:43, said:

I guess he uses SU the acronym as Soviet Union.

Well, about the russian TDs camo thing, have you seen their size compared to other lines? They are like freaking toy trucks, no wonder they have such a good camo. Those russians must have been really small people back in WWII  :teethhappy:

CarbonWard #8 Posted May 24 2013 - 22:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 5,517
  • Member since:
    02-07-2011
3. Accuracy, the impulse value. I play all nation tanks. But the more I played SU tanks I started to write posts about the accuracy. I had remarkably a higher percentage on point hits than with other nations. Even direct hits on the move. Again WG can't imagine we get behind it.

Soviet tanks have higher "hit ratio" because they have high side armor which lead them to be able to operate at a closer range relative to all other nations.

HanZulu #9 Posted May 24 2013 - 22:47

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,984
  • Member since:
    01-28-2011

View PostAntonioHandsome, on May 24 2013 - 22:45, said:

I thought you were gone.


LOL, from the game for now :) I hope for larger maps.

usa1127 #10 Posted May 24 2013 - 22:48

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 292
  • Member since:
    02-17-2012
I knew Russian bias was real. It is ok though as long as it is good for my su26.

I_TK_ARTIES #11 Posted May 24 2013 - 22:49

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 44
  • Member since:
    04-30-2013
scrubs united byas

BRING_BACK_SOCIAL_FLAWS

Dantron #12 Posted May 24 2013 - 22:50

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,216
  • Member since:
    04-29-2012

View PostCAMN, on May 24 2013 - 22:47, said:

Well, about the russian TDs camo thing, have you seen their size compared to other lines? They are like freaking toy trucks, no wonder they have such a good camo. Those russians must have been really small people back in WWII  :teethhappy:
That and the makers of the tanks hated people, so they made the things tiny to make crews suffer. Honestly, they need to nerf heavily vision, reload and a few other things; because soviet crews were shoved into tanks with such horrid conditions.

Daigensui #13 Posted May 24 2013 - 22:51

    Major

  • Wiki Staff
  • 0 battles
  • 15,357
  • Member since:
    11-09-2012

View PostDantron, on May 24 2013 - 22:50, said:

That and the makers of the tanks hated people, so they made the things tiny to make crews suffer. Honestly, they need to nerf heavily vision, reload and a few other things; because soviet crews were shoved into tanks with such horrid conditions.

I figured aim time and accuracy already reflected that.

BaNaNa_za #14 Posted May 24 2013 - 22:53

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    06-30-2011
LOL just got my SU 152  :trollface:

HanZulu #15 Posted May 24 2013 - 22:54

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,984
  • Member since:
    01-28-2011

View PostCarbonWard, on May 24 2013 - 22:47, said:

3. Accuracy, the impulse value. I play all nation tanks. But the more I played SU tanks I started to write posts about the accuracy. I had remarkably a higher percentage on point hits than with other nations. Even direct hits on the move. Again WG can't imagine we get behind it.

Soviet tanks have higher "hit ratio" because they have high side armor which lead them to be able to operate at a closer range relative to all other nations.


i compared either long distance shots or snap shots on the move. Yup overall the aiming circle is bigger but the shells would hit more dead center. I suspected a 'squeezed' manipulated bell curve for the SU line. later players found out about impulse, I guess you can manipulate it this way too. So who still believes SerB impulse means nothing :)

Since they want to get big into E sports they have to delete those old cheats. That's why thy come out with the new accuracy calc.

Daigensui #16 Posted May 24 2013 - 22:55

    Major

  • Wiki Staff
  • 0 battles
  • 15,357
  • Member since:
    11-09-2012

View PostHanZulu, on May 24 2013 - 22:54, said:

i compared either long distance shots or snap shots on the move. Yup overall the aiming circle is bigger but the shells would hit more dead center. I suspected a 'squeezed' manipulated bell curve for the SU line. later players found out about impulse, I guess you can manipulate it this way too. So who still believes SerB impulse means nothing :)

Sure, except more extensive studies showed the opposite: There was no relationship.

Confirmation bias is bias no matter how you spin it.

Erich2142 #17 Posted May 24 2013 - 22:55

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,718
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011
I agree, I have the JgPZE100 and accuracy on that thing is rubbish, tried the French TD, its even worse! 268 is very accurate, but i end up with monkey teams.


View PostCAMN, on May 24 2013 - 22:42, said:

I'm a little confused here. When you say "SU" you mean the russian TD line, or you mean "RU" as in russian tanks as a whole?

Either way, I've seen people doing quite well in every tree in this game, doubt there is anything special about the russian ones.

SU= Soviet Union Tanks.

Edited by Erich2142, May 24 2013 - 22:58.


Andy578 #18 Posted May 24 2013 - 23:08

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 890
  • Member since:
    08-22-2011

View Postusa1127, on May 24 2013 - 22:48, said:

I knew Russian bias was real. It is ok though as long as it is good for my su26.

not at all true, SerB has said many times the Germans lied about their designs and history shows us German tanks was just horrible metal death boxes. SerB should know he IS a history expert and all

Oberth #19 Posted May 24 2013 - 23:13

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 256
  • Member since:
    01-22-2012

View PostPelicanGuy, on May 24 2013 - 22:43, said:

RUSSIAN BIAS!

Thats why i currently feel prone to leave the game once and for all. WG´s mentality to manage the game and in-game balance makes me feel unhappy with the game...

HanZulu #20 Posted May 24 2013 - 23:16

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,984
  • Member since:
    01-28-2011

View PostAndy578, on May 24 2013 - 23:08, said:

not at all true, SerB has said many times the Germans lied about their designs and history shows us German tanks was just horrible metal death boxes. SerB should know he IS a history expert and all


Says a liar, lol