• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

dbozan99 #1 Posted May 31 2013 - 19:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 9768 battles
  • [WDN] WDN

Introduction:
I was tired of all the XVM config files I could find giving me WAY more information than I could possibly need all at once. It's information overload and is extremely distracting when trying to focus on Playing the Game.

A big thing that bothered me was that all of the configs I saw were flooded with numbers. Numbers Everywhere!

It was too much to look at, which is why my config puts way more emphasis on color-coding than anything else.

Another thing that bothered me with XVM in general was the way that the Damage inflicted upon a tank was shown. For a while I didn't even use the floating text part of XVM solely for that reason. I have made a compromise that works for me in this config by using health bars, non-rising damage text, and short life-time of the text. I think it works quite nicely and I hope that you enjoy it too.

Yet another thing that irritated me was the massive amounts of information that other XVM config makers like to put on the floating tank text. Every time an enemy tank popped up, my brain was so busy analyzing the player that I was too distracted to actually realize the threat that they posed to me!

This is why I called my config "Minimal, Yet Maximal." I tried to remove lots of extra fluff that isn't important during a battle. If you want to see more info about a player, you can always do that after the battle is over in the Garage.
Instead you only get the necessities:

• WN8 Rating (A general idea of how "good" the player is)
  • Overall Win-Rate (%) (Good WN8, but low win rate? They may be a stat-padder)
  • Total Battles Played (Good WN8, but 0-1k games played? They may just be lucky noobs)
  • Number of Battles in the tank they are currently driving (White or red? They may still be stock/mostly stock and/or have low-skill crews)
  • Whether or not they have a stock turret mounted
That's it! You really don't need any more information about a player (mid-game) than that to make good decisions on who to kill, be mindful of, or defend if they are in trouble ("Is this player worth saving and risking my own life/health?").

Includes:
  • XVM (5.2.1-test1)
  • XVM Config
  • (Bonus!) Optional Alternative Death Messages / Quick-Chat / "Fixed" in-game translations (See Screenshot)

Preview:
XVM Config
Spoiler
Bonus!
Spoiler

Download:
XVM + Config + Bonus: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9iwi31whef7y8z1/dbozan99s-xvm-config_v1-5_for_v9-0.zip
My Mod Pack (XVM + Config + Bonus + All of the below mods (except sound mods) configured the way I like them): http://www.mediafire.com/download/uw2zexdxhbxce9x/dbozan99s-xvm-pack_v1-4_for_v9-0.zip
Please go thank the authors in their respective threads below, I just packaged the mods together!

Installation:

1. Unzip everything to your World of Tanks installation folder. Everything is set up to extract to the correct folders. When asked to overwrite files/merge folders, click yes to all.

• NOTE: If you don't want the death messages, don't merge the "res_mods/0.8.11/text" folder, but merge everything else.

• Contains XVM in its entirety, including the minimap. I suggest you install this before other mods so you don't overwrite them.

2. If you don't have Microsoft Office installed, you will need to install the "Wingdings 2" and "Wingdings 3" fonts located in the FONTS folder in your World of Tanks installation folder.

• If you don't have the fonts installed you will see big squares instead of the proper icons.

3. Once in Game: Go to Settings -> Game (Tab) -> Uncheck: "Show vehicle tier" 

Changelog:
v1.5

• Updated to XVM v5.2.1-test1
  • Rearranged some config items for the latest version of XVM.
  • Fixed alignment of enemy clan icons on loading/Tab screens 
Spoiler

Highly recommended Mods:

View this config on Curse

Edited by dbozan99, Apr 18 2014 - 22:35.

road_iron #2 Posted May 31 2013 - 22:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 60891 battles
why you insist in XVM 3.5 when XVM 4 is here?

dbozan99 #3 Posted May 31 2013 - 22:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 9768 battles
  • [WDN] WDN
XVM version 4 is still in the testing phase, I'd prefer to keep my game as stable as possible, wouldn't you? When XVM 4 is considered stable (probably for 8.6) I will update this pack then. Until that happens, I'm sticking with this version. It's feature complete and stable. Have you tried the config?

KaosKauser #4 Posted Jun 20 2013 - 03:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 7904 battles
do you download the Dokan 0.6.0, or the 0.6.0 source?

KaosKauser #5 Posted Jun 20 2013 - 03:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 7904 battles
IF somebody could reply to this that would be great? I have the XVM files down, but i need to know what to do with the Dokan Files. Since when i start the proxy it keeps saying cant mount driver or cant install driver. Many Thanks.

H8M3 #6 Posted Jun 20 2013 - 03:30

Major

• Players
  • 20132 battles
its easy to change from 3.5 to 4.0 jjst get the new swf files, add your png (pix) and change the name of the xvm.config to xvm.xc and put it in the xvm folder inside res_mods (youll see after getting the raw 4.0)

dbozan99 #7 Posted Jun 20 2013 - 05:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 9768 battles
  • [WDN] WDN
I will be updating my config to work with XVM v4.0 once I get access to the WOT 0.8.6 Update. I've got the changes mostly in place for XVM v4.0 but I can't test and make sure they work while still on WOT 0.8.5. Please be Patient.

As for your question about Dokan 0.6.0 or Dokan 0.6.0 Source, DON'T Download the Source package as that is just the source code that compiles into the program. I'll update the first post when I update the config.

KaosKauser #8 Posted Jun 20 2013 - 15:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 7904 battles
I need to know what to do with the Dokan Files. IE: put all of them into the WoT folder? or just put the mounter in the WoT folder? Or do nothing?
Many Thanks, Kaos

dbozan99 #9 Posted Jun 20 2013 - 18:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 9768 battles
  • [WDN] WDN
Files? Downloading by clicking the "Dokan 0.6.0" link will give you one file named "DokanInstall_0.6.0.exe". Just run that file to install Dokan. When it's finished installing you can delete that file because you won't need it again. If you are getting errors installing and are on Windows 8, you need to run it in Windows 7 Compatibility Mode. I will add this info to the first post when I update the config to make it clearer in the future.

KaosKauser #10 Posted Jun 23 2013 - 05:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 7904 battles
NVM... so srry for wasting ur time i looked at the en guide inside the files before and saw that i needed the Net 3.5 and i tried DWLing it but my comp wont let me... although i am still using the format for this XVM and i have to say That i am loving it.
Many thanks, Kaos.

Foxfire_NS #11 Posted Jun 23 2013 - 12:10

Private

• Players
  • 5189 battles
Great set up dbozan. Will you be updating for 8.6 or do you have an 8.6 version ready to go? Trying to find something similar to your for my EU account and haven't had much luck.

Fox

dbozan99 #12 Posted Jun 23 2013 - 17:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 9768 battles
  • [WDN] WDN

View PostKaosKauser, on Jun 23 2013 - 05:00, said:

NVM... so srry for wasting ur time i looked at the en guide inside the files before and saw that i needed the Net 3.5 and i tried DWLing it but my comp wont let me... although i am still using the format for this XVM and i have to say That i am loving it.
Many thanks, Kaos.
I'm sorry you had to figure that out the hard way. I'll update the first post when the next version is ready.

View PostFoxfire_NS, on Jun 23 2013 - 12:10, said:

Great set up dbozan. Will you be updating for 8.6 or do you have an 8.6 version ready to go? Trying to find something similar to your for my EU account and haven't had much luck.Fox
I'm glad you like it. As mentioned before, 0.8.6 isn't out in America just yet so testing my latest changes would be very tough. Please be patient; hopefully 0.8.6 will come this week and I will have it ready then.

If you really can't wait you should be able to use this version as-is:
- update your XVM to 4.0.0 and XVM-Stat to 1.5.0
- rename the res_mods/0.8.5/gui/flash/XVM.xvmconf file to xvm.xc and move it to the res_mods/xvm folder and it should work. No guarantees though.

The next version has some improvements that I hope everyone will enjoy. I've made some modifications to the vehicle markers, added stock turret indicators, and some other goodies.

Edited by dbozan99, Jun 23 2013 - 19:46.

Foxfire_NS #13 Posted Jun 23 2013 - 20:18

Private

• Players
  • 5189 battles
Thanks for the update dbozan. I can wait until NA gets 8.6 & you update. If I remember correctly 8.6 is supposed to hit NA on Tuesday.

Fox

dbozan99 #14 Posted Jun 23 2013 - 21:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 9768 battles
  • [WDN] WDN

View PostFoxfire_NS, on Jun 23 2013 - 20:18, said:

Thanks for the update dbozan. I can wait until NA gets 8.6 & you update. If I remember correctly 8.6 is supposed to hit NA on Tuesday.

Fox
That's what I've heard as well.

dbozan99 #15 Posted Jun 25 2013 - 22:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 9768 battles
  • [WDN] WDN
The first post has been updated with the latest version. Be sure to check out the new preview image and read through the instructions again as they have changed a bit.

Do NOT forget to install the included fonts as mentioned (if you don't have them already). You will only see big ugly squares everywhere if you don't!

Enjoy!

MayDayX #16 Posted Jun 27 2013 - 07:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 47593 battles
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-
Maybe a stupid question... But I can't hear that "beep" sound, when you spot an enemy tank,,, Where can I config that? Thanks in advance...

dbozan99 #17 Posted Jun 27 2013 - 21:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 9768 battles
  • [WDN] WDN

View PostMayDayX, on Jun 27 2013 - 07:02, said:

Maybe a stupid question... But I can't hear that "beep" sound, when you spot an enemy tank,,, Where can I config that? Thanks in advance...
That's a normal thing that happens in World of Tanks. It doesn't seem to happen all the time though and I don't know why. Go to your settings and make sure that you have your interface volume turned on as I'm pretty sure that's what it would be.
Either that or you have some sort of audio mod that has changed it/removed it.

MayDayX #18 Posted Jun 28 2013 - 03:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 47593 battles
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-

View Postdbozan99, on Jun 27 2013 - 21:37, said:

That's a normal thing that happens in World of Tanks. It doesn't seem to happen all the time though and I don't know why. Go to your settings and make sure that you have your interface volume turned on as I'm pretty sure that's what it would be.
Either that or you have some sort of audio mod that has changed it/removed it.

I didn't touch anything but res_mod/0.8.6 folder, install XVM 4.0, jimbo's crosshair and tried this config file. But since I updated WoT to 8.6 it never work. It's a little feature but, at least to me, very useful and I just can't find where is the problem. Tried to play without any mods and yet it doesn't work, just can't figure it out... Thanks anyway,

dbozan99 #19 Posted Jun 29 2013 - 19:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 9768 battles
  • [WDN] WDN

View PostMayDayX, on Jun 28 2013 - 03:43, said:

I didn't touch anything but res_mod/0.8.6 folder, install XVM 4.0, jimbo's crosshair and tried this config file. But since I updated WoT to 8.6 it never work. It's a little feature but, at least to me, very useful and I just can't find where is the problem. Tried to play without any mods and yet it doesn't work, just can't figure it out... Thanks anyway,
Sorry, I don't know what to tell you. Mine still has the sound even with sound mods installed so I'm not sure what your problem could be.

dbozan99 #20 Posted Jul 30 2013 - 22:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 9768 battles
  • [WDN] WDN
Since 0.8.7 is here, it's time for an updated config! Check the first post for the download link to the latest version of the config file.
This version's major change is the color scheme. More intermittent colors have been added that always go from darker to lighter. The numbers for WN6, Kilo-battles, Battles-per-tank, and Win-rate were also scaled back to much more reasonable numbers. You should be seeing a lot more colorful tanks now. I will make a little spreadsheet later to help you understand the changes.

Also, a few people watching my livestream on twitchtv.com/dbozan99 were asking about the other mods I use. They have always been listed in the first post, but I've decided to package them up in one convenient place with my custom changes in place.
It doesn't include either sound mod though because those are much larger and require special installation instructions.

Enjoy your enhanced XVM experience everyone!

Also tagged with XVM, Config, Configuration, Minimal, Good, Death, Messages, Mod, Best, WN8

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users