Hitbox

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

Mindzeye #1 Posted Jun 09 2013 - 13:21

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
Why does Wargaming.net allow the use of Hitbox skins in their game? I have never seen an online game sanction the use of cheats to allow dishonest players to have an unfair advantage. Let me address a couple of responses this topic will get:

Hitbox is used by new players to help them learn where to aim - This is a complete BS answer - In my estimation it is used by a majority of players accross all teirs. Hey lets play chess but I get three queens... Won't that be fun!

Quit your complaining and just install it yourself and then there is no unfair advantage?  I will never!  If I wanted to play a game with flourescent pastel colors I would play one of my kids games. If I need to cheat to be competitive in a game then I wil not play that game. I am a pureist and want realism both in my graphics and in game play. If we could have got the Germans to paint bright colors on the week spots of their tanks it would have been a quick war.

Wargaming.net likes to preach how realistic their game is and how accurately the tank models are rendered, but yet allow a cheat in their game that pretty much erases all that hard work.  Make your actions back-up your words and ban the use of Hitbox skins and put everyone on an equal playing field.

Thank you for your constructive comments!
Shawn

Abject_McDeath #2 Posted Jun 09 2013 - 13:26

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
dont use red text.

AufklarungsPanzer #3 Posted Jun 09 2013 - 13:39

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
What if I tell you...

That Hitbox mods (and other mods) is being planned to be banned in WoT.

There's a search button and google,use it.

UglyGosling #4 Posted Jun 09 2013 - 13:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
They are going to make hit boxes against the rules next patch, although hit SKINS will still be allowed.

Are they an advantage? Yes. A small one but yes they are.
Do they make bad players good? No.

The good players don't need them and the bad players don't know about them. They don't really affect most of the player base.

They don't really bother me. And i don't understand why they upset you so much.

Edited by UglyGosling, Jun 09 2013 - 13:41.

ToBe998 #5 Posted Jun 09 2013 - 13:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I used them myself a short time. And guess what, you dont need them. Most weak zones are visible to anyone with a good eye. You will get much better if you disable them after a short time. So, yes maybe arguable but definetly not a big help.

HOTA_CHATON #6 Posted Jun 09 2013 - 13:55

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostUglyGosling, on Jun 09 2013 - 13:41, said:

They are going to make hit boxes against the rules next patch, although hit SKINS will still be allowed.

The good players don't need them and the bad players don't know about them. They don't really affect most of the player base.

Skins need to go also.  I view them no different that the other.  If you haven't taken the time to learn where to shoot, then that's your problem.

Black_Hawk70 #7 Posted Jun 09 2013 - 14:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
First off, I don't use hit skins. Never have... Never will.
Your whole post is nothing more than your estimation and your personal opinion.
Obviously WGNA does not share your opinion.

Maybe that was not considered "constructive" but, oh well.

Here ya go...
Posted Image

Edited by Black_Hawk70, Jun 09 2013 - 18:05.

Bumbcrack #8 Posted Jun 09 2013 - 14:05

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostUglyGosling, on Jun 09 2013 - 13:41, said:

if I was to use hit skins for the next month ill reckon ill improve my stats

MannyNH #9 Posted Jun 09 2013 - 14:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
wait, can someone explain the difference between the hitboxes and a hit skin?

Bribe_Guntails #10 Posted Jun 09 2013 - 14:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I sometimes look up hitbox images and armor thicknesses on the internet to find a tanks weaknesses. I don't use any of those skin mods to help, I am just fine without them.
On that note, has anyone seen a hitbox image for the IS? Mine once took a widthwise hit in the front and somehow took fuel tank damage. I'd like to see exactly where the IS's fuel tanks are.

Errants #11 Posted Jun 09 2013 - 18:49

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostMannyNH, on Jun 09 2013 - 14:06, said:

wait, can someone explain the difference between the hitboxes and a hit skin?

Hit Boxes - Transparent 3D models that change the look of tanks in game, allowing you to see from any and all directions exactly where the vulnerable parts are. Currently Banned.

Hit Skins - Skin overlays on tanks showing where the vulnerable bits are, however are only external images, and so not always accurate depending on angle. Not currently Banned.

UglyGosling #12 Posted Jun 11 2013 - 01:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostBumbcrack, on Jun 09 2013 - 14:05, said:

if I was to use hit skins for the next month ill reckon ill improve my stats

I would actually doubt that they would make much of a difference to be quite honest. The most important parts of this game are positioning and timing, hit skins don't help with those.

I don't use hit skins and i never have. It's honestly pretty obvious where the weak points are on tanks and if i don't know then i look them up sometime out of game. Hit skins aren't much of an advantage.

aswitz87 #13 Posted Jun 11 2013 - 01:27

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
The game already tells you if your round has a chance to pen at said spot, if you need more, it won't help.