replay camera

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

Liwanu #1 Posted Jun 09 2013 - 19:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 7053 battles
Hello,
I was wondering if there was any such thing as a replay camera mod that allows better camera movement, angles, height, ect. Yes, I am "new" to the game somewhat and actually did not know they even allowed mods into a game such as this. Honestly I think its a horrible idea to allow mods of any type in a game like this but... lol...

However even with that said, the only reference that I have seen to any type of camera anything is some mod that basically disconnects the camera from your tank in game. This isn't what I'm really after since I only want this in a replay. Plus I have seen people say it will get you banned and others say no it wont. Therefore I am not going to chance that for the ability to take better screenshots. I know there is a "freecam" in the replay however it is nothing more than what is in the game already and it SUCKS for screenshots and simply will not work without looking like crap or like someone just bought a point and shoot and now think they are a pro photographer... lol...

Any help or a point in the right direction is appreciated

**Edit** I just want to be clear that what I'm after is the ability to take better screenshots in a replay or perhaps better camera controls

Edited by Liwanu, Jun 09 2013 - 19:39.

Jinx_N_Panic #2 Posted Jun 09 2013 - 19:40

Major

• Players
  • 7136 battles
Clicking the mouse enables "free cam" for certain definitions of "free". You can pan around your tank but there is no free-float cam.

Liwanu #3 Posted Jun 09 2013 - 19:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 7053 battles

View PostLiwanu, on Jun 09 2013 - 19:38, said:

I know there is a "freecam" in the replay however it is nothing more than what is in the game already and it SUCKS for screenshots and simply will not work without looking like crap or like someone just bought a point and shoot and now think they are a pro photographer...

View PostAtomicTankGirl, on Jun 09 2013 - 19:40, said:

Clicking the mouse enables "free cam" for certain definitions of "free". You can pan around your tank but there is no free-float cam.

Thanks for the answer though, I figured that wasn't anything as I have not been able to find anything. Just thought I would ask...

H8M3 #4 Posted Jun 10 2013 - 01:41

Major

• Players
  • 9081 battles
  • [H8] H8

View PostLiwanu, on Jun 09 2013 - 19:54, said:

Thanks for the answer though, I figured that wasn't anything as I have not been able to find anything. Just thought I would ask...

use a zoom mod, makes it so you can go WAY out or WAY in, run teh replay, click v so everything goes blank .. click the mouse so your not stuck on the tank you can look where ever, then click print screen for the shot.. simple

Spoiler                     

Junior_g99p #5 Posted Jun 10 2013 - 07:48

Staff sergeant

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 11874 battles
  • [FNC] FNC
Enabling the free cam ( flying around ) in replays is simple, you just need an edited avatar_input_handler.xml. I however won't be linking you to one, sorry about that.