T-29 & Perks (?)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

Hunt3rKill3r #1 Posted Jun 10 2013 - 18:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Since the other post was canned (archived), I reopened it here. I have more or less, parked the T29 due to the fact that it gets more tier 9 battles than anything else. Doesn't stand a chance whatsoever in them. One or, two hits and it's done. Tired of the bs with this tank and the match making for it. If I'm in a tier 5 or, 6, I see T29's all day long. I'm definitely not that good to have nothing but tier 9's to face in a tier 7. So, the T29 is history now. I'll not sell it though in hopes for better match making down the road.   :unsure:

WiscOrangy #2 Posted Jun 10 2013 - 18:25

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
1. Have fun with the T32, same gun and armor.
2. It sees great MM, your problem.

Darcel_Jones #3 Posted Jun 10 2013 - 18:35

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
You are terribly wrong about the T-29,with it's awesome gun and hull down ability you can be an asset in almost any match....
Totally right about "Girls Raised In the South" though,no girls better personify the whole lady in public hellcat in the bed thing better than southern gals.

MexicanPanda #4 Posted Jun 10 2013 - 18:55

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostHunt3rKill3r, on Jun 10 2013 - 18:20, said:

the T29 due to the fact that it gets more tier 9 battles than anything else. Doesn't stand a chance whatsoever in them. One or, two hits and it's done.
What?

Da heck are you talking about? If you feel you can't do anything in tier 9 battles with the T 29, you're obviously not playing the tank properly. Get hull down and wiggle your turret while reloading and the only thing that can hurt you is arty and large caliber HE rounds. I won't say I love tier 9 battles, but I do like them becuse they give me the freedom to not have to push the frontline and just find a nice hull down position.

I really would like to see more tier 5s and 6s, but the pay out is better in tier 9 battles anyways, so it's your loss in not playing the best tier 7 in the game.

KilljoyCutter #5 Posted Jun 10 2013 - 21:06

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostMexicanPanda, on Jun 10 2013 - 18:55, said:

What?

Da heck are you talking about? If you feel you can't do anything in tier 9 battles with the T 29, you're obviously not playing the tank properly. Get hull down and wiggle your turret while reloading and the only thing that can hurt you is arty and large caliber HE rounds. I won't say I love tier 9 battles, but I do like them becuse they give me the freedom to not have to push the frontline and just find a nice hull down position.

I really would like to see more tier 5s and 6s, but the pay out is better in tier 9 battles anyways, so it's your loss in not playing the best tier 7 in the game.

Indeed, the T29's strengths give it more of a fighting chance when bottom tier than the particular strengths of some other tier 7 tanks.

Hunt3rKill3r #6 Posted Jun 24 2013 - 12:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy it when it's within it's own tier and even in tier 8 battles but, when more that half the team are tier 9's, I last about 2 shots and that it'f I'm lucky. Many of the maps I end up on don't always have hull down resources. Himmelsdung, Rottehberg, and a few others. I'm on relatively flat ground and or, left to defend all when our loser tier 8 & 9 players are already dead to the bone within the first 2 minutes of the battle. This tank is not a brawler at all. Only one time I managed to beat another player in a brawl was when, I first got it and I was lucky to have lasted as long as I did. His downfall was, reload time matched mine and I got the last shot in.  :blinky:

I now have the T32 and have yet to even attempt to launch if into battle. It's fully upgraded and 100% crew. It looks good in my garage with no losses aside from no wins, either.  :teethhappy:

KilljoyCutter #7 Posted Jun 24 2013 - 14:47

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
The upper-mid tier matchmaking is dominated by the proliferation of tier 8 premiums and their often blankey-soft special matchmaking values.  They distort what kind of matches the tier 6 and tier 7 tanks see a great deal.

Hunt3rKill3r #8 Posted Jun 27 2013 - 10:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
All I know is, every time I turn around, I'm getting dry fk'd in these matches in tier 6 & 7. I can be in a tier 5 and see tier 7's all day long and no sooner than I jump into one of my tier 6 or, 7's I see nothing but tier 8 & 9's. I'm not that good of a player to constantly be stuck in those battles. Maybe there are some that are but, not me. If I get in my T29, I see nothing but tier 8 & 9 tanks, all the time. Never a chance of me getting some tier 5 or, 6's to beat up on. It's not so bad if I just get tier 8's, I can do fairly well if, I can stay out of their line if fire but, in tier 9's, I'm just plain cannon fodder and it cost too damned much to replace ammo from bounces and to repair the tank itself and not make any money in the battle or, last even two to three minutes in one. If I can remember, I can't even remember being in a match that has had any T29 near the top of the list when I'm in mine, I'm always located near the bottom of the list. I just quit playing it altogether. I dread it every time I use it and click on Battle. I got less than 3k battles and am always going up against players that have 10k or, better, I do not call that a balance at all. They have much more experience than I do and have been playing their favored tanks a lot longer than all the thanks I've played, put together.

My T32 still sits in the garage, fully researched and upgraded because I know that, just as soon as, I use it, tier 10 is all I'll see. It looks good sitting there though and I can honestly say, I earned it the hard way. It's time for me to get some easy prey as well. Why? Because I worked hard for it but, that day will never come.

Edit: I just saw the minus in my first post, thanks idiot for giving it to me, I'll just get my friend to erase it because you're just ignorant. I have reason to post what I posted and you, probably suck in game worse than I do.

@ orangyvv,

Cool avatar. One of my friends does fruit art like that and it's cool to see all the outstanding creations he does with them. But, I really don't understand your #2 reply. What does, your problem mean after stating that it gets great MM?

@ MexicanPanda

Da heck are you talking about? If you feel you can't do anything in tier 9 battles with the T 29, you're obviously not playing the tank properly.
I don't know what the hell it is I'm doing wrong then? I've tried everything to keep from getting pawned to no avail. I really like the tank but, I'm not making any headway in it anymore. I'm going backwards in the damned thing.

Edited by Hunt3rKill3r, Jun 27 2013 - 10:38.

DeadSkies #9 Posted Jun 27 2013 - 11:13

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Fixed my friend. Also, I know how frustrating it can be to constantly be matched in that manner. I go through it as well, not only here but on the EU server too. Things have gotten so bad there that, my whole game has turned to shit. I come here and the players seem to have more sense even though, there's still a lot of clowns out there. At least the team communicates with each other here and not all in 100 different languages or if, that's what you call them. It's all jibberish if you ask me. I'm just playing my M36 and enjoying that one here, for now. You should play yours more often, it's a good TD.

Edited by DeadSkies, Jun 27 2013 - 11:14.