Equipment on Tiger II

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

Oxcide_7 #1 Posted Jun 17 2013 - 19:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11664 battles
So I am progressively getting better in my Tiger II in my never ending grind for that E-100, however, I like to always read up and research new things and ways of playing in my also never ending quest to try and improve my game.

Currently I am running my crew with 100% in BIA and working on second crew skills.

My equipment are as follows: Vents, Vert Stab, and Gun Rammer (some run Coated Optics in replace of the Vert Stab)

I am getting so many mixed opinions on what equipment to use on the Tiger II and crew skills that I am confused beyond all repair I think. Same with Crew skills, I heard BIA isnt worth it in Heavy Tanks then I read that it is. I also read that Vents are not worth it on heavy tanks but then I read that it does help.

Can some one just drop the bottom line on what and why you use certain equipment and crew skills?

Thanks

Ox

blackzaru #2 Posted Jun 17 2013 - 19:27

Major

• Players
  • 20582 battles
Vents, ram and stab is a very good combination. BIA is a must have. Aim for 6th sense for your commander afterwards, the e-75 and e-100 are arty magnets.

Hartung #3 Posted Jun 17 2013 - 19:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18178 battles
I use Vents/Rammer/Optics on my KT.  It's a sniper primarily, view range is important.

Crew skills:

Commander: Sixth Sense, Repair, Mentor.
Driver: ORD, Repair, Clutch Braking.  I like this combo for brawling, in the times you have to.
Gunner: Deadeye, Repair, Armorer.  (temp) Armorer is a mediocre skill and will be replaced once its higher.
Radio: Situational Awareness, Repair, Firefighting (temp)  Same as armorer.
Loader: Safe Stowage, Repair, Firefighting (temp)  Same as armorer.

I've experimented with BiA on my KT and did not note a significant enough increase in tank performance to warrant keeping it at the time.  I will likely be moving repairs to the 3rd skill on the entire crew and substituting BiA as the 2nd skill once the 3rd is high enough.  Once I get the third skill to at least 60% it will look like this:

Commander:  Sixth Sense, BiA, Repair
Driver: Clutch Braking, BiA, Repair
Gunner: Deadeye, BiA, Repair
Radio: Situational Awareness, BiA, Repair
Loader: Safe Stowage, BiA, Repair

Edited by Hartung, Jun 17 2013 - 20:03.

cupAsoup #4 Posted Jun 17 2013 - 19:47

Captain

• Players
  • 16480 battles
  • [ACES] ACES
You need sixth sense first in every tank. I cannot imagine what tank or situation knowing when you are spotted isn't helpful. Your second set of skills can then do BiA, once again I don't know what situation BiA on a tank is not useful. Fill in the gaps with repairs to heavy tanks. Things like snapshot or view range additions are nice but less important.

Vstab,vents, rammer is a nice combo. You can substitute EGLD for vsatb but that is personal preference. The Tiger 2 is all about the good, accurate, flat trajectory gun when you are low tier (sniping) and proper angling of your armor when high tier and brawling in my opinion.

Good luck.

Ricox #5 Posted Jun 17 2013 - 20:14

Major

• Players
  • 3801 battles
  • [F-AUX] F-AUX
Not sure who was the one who said vents or BiA is not useful on heavy tanks, that makes no sense. Any incerase to your already 100% crew skill is greatly helpful and makes your tank better than the paper stats, although getting 6th sense first on a commander (and the other specialized skills) before BiA seems more useful (getting 6th sense & BiA as 1st skill is useless since BiA only works when all crew members have it).

6th sense, IMO, is by far the best crew skill of all out there, really helps you incerase your survival chance which then means you can deal more damage as you stay in the battle longer and you can avoid nasty situations or know when you should stop advancing or know when the enemy is hiding nearby (and all types of tanks have great use to this, doesn't matter if you're arty-magnet heavy, flanking medium, passive scouting light or bush-hiding TD).

Oxcide_7 #6 Posted Jun 17 2013 - 22:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11664 battles
Thanks all,

I don't know if I should switch out my commanders BIA for 6th Sense as this is going to throw all my skills off and I dont have the gold to re-train all of my crew. I may just hang on to BIA and retrain my Commander once my 2nd skill is 100% to 6th sense. I may just have done everything bass-ackwards, I guess it will all work out in the end. I plan on moving this crew to my E-75 once it is unlocked (soon) anyways and I know 6th Sense will be needed on that one.

As for Sniping, I agree the KT does make a good sniper, but it just isnt my play style I enjoy more second line fighting and closer to the enemy so I can get a good shot on critical's  as I am still learning as I go. Also seems like when I snipe I bounce a lot so I leave that to my Hellcat play time  :trollface:

Anyways thanks for the info

Cheers

Ox

_Ezekiel_ #7 Posted Jun 19 2013 - 20:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8505 battles
My personal opinion (so take it with a giant grain of salt) is that Sixth sense is more or less worthless for German heavies because of how big and unstealthy they are. My assumption when running my KT/Lowe/Tiger is that I'm almostalways visible.

Oxcide_7 #8 Posted Jun 23 2013 - 15:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11664 battles
Yeah, I tend to think 6th sense is more helpful than not. When you are about to "peek" over a railroad track and your light bulb goes off you know to back out immediately, or playing "peek-a-boom" in the city it helps a lot, many times you can turn off into an ally way when that little bulb pops up saving your team some health and another tank.

To each their own, I am running BIA atm, and found it improved my game play. I will re-train my commander to 6th sense for second perk, they are 90% trained on second set now so wont be long.

Good luck

sansjoy #9 Posted Jun 26 2013 - 16:30

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18674 battles
What are the pros/cons of running GLD v Verticle stabilizer?  I am running vents / GLD / spalliner

Oxcide_7 #10 Posted Jun 26 2013 - 17:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11664 battles

View Postsansjoy, on Jun 26 2013 - 16:30, said:

What are the pros/cons of running GLD v Verticle stabilizer?  I am running vents / GLD / spalliner

Vstab lets you play "peek-A-boom" better while in cities, you will be able to corner and fire with a smaller sight reticle.

GLD just lets you sight in faster for sniping or what not.

After 300+ games now in my Tiger II, I have settled for the Vstab, the Tiger II with a good crew sights in fairly quick in my opinion so the GLD is just a waste, of course this is in the manner I play.

Good luck to you

sansjoy #11 Posted Jun 26 2013 - 18:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18674 battles
So the Vstab gives it a smaller reticle over all, while the GLD takes it from max to minimum faster?

Vindicationn #12 Posted Jun 27 2013 - 15:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3540 battles

View Postsansjoy, on Jun 26 2013 - 18:32, said:

So the Vstab gives it a smaller reticle over all, while the GLD takes it from max to minimum faster?

Yes. I believe a Vert Stab has a better overall effect on aim time IIRC. Especially on the move.

Oxcide_7 #13 Posted Jul 06 2013 - 17:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11664 battles

View PostPFM, on Jun 27 2013 - 15:52, said:

Yes. I believe a Vert Stab has a better overall effect on aim time IIRC. Especially on the move.

Yes it keeps your reticle at a smaller size while moving.

Staberinde #14 Posted Jul 18 2013 - 21:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 8319 battles
  • [-DI-] -DI-

View Post_Ezekiel_, on Jun 19 2013 - 20:07, said:

My personal opinion (so take it with a giant grain of salt) is that Sixth sense is more or less worthless for German heavies because of how big and unstealthy they are. My assumption when running my KT/Lowe/Tiger is that I'm almost always visible.
^This
My crew runs BiA first then Repairs.
Currently mid-way through 3rd skill

I also use Vents, Rammer and Vstab.

Edited by Staberinde, Jul 19 2013 - 00:45.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users