Jump to content


[0.8.6][Help Required] Deegies-Sights - Best Crosshair


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
114 replies to this topic

Boreasos #21 Posted Jun 23 2013 - 14:11

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 83
  • Member since:
    03-06-2013
Decided to have a quick look.

Assuming you disassembled them correctly and assuming simply replacing the code in the same places would still work, then this looks to be correct. Had to fix some indentation discrepancies but otherwise it seemed right.

When compiling and adding the mod however the game crashes while loading, so there is clearly more to this than it first appears. Since I do not have any insight into modding the game I don't think I am the one to fix it at any rate. I'm not even sure if Python 2.7 is the correct version to use. :P

Jamesst20 #22 Posted Jun 23 2013 - 15:03

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 3910 battles
  • 25
  • Member since:
    02-22-2013

View PostBoreasos, on Jun 23 2013 - 14:11, said:

Decided to have a quick look.

Assuming you disassembled them correctly and assuming simply replacing the code in the same places would still work, then this looks to be correct. Had to fix some indentation discrepancies but otherwise it seemed right.

When compiling and adding the mod however the game crashes while loading, so there is clearly more to this than it first appears. Since I do not have any insight into modding the game I don't think I am the one to fix it at any rate. I'm not even sure if Python 2.7 is the correct version to use. :P

Thanks :P Well have you noticed something? The file control-modes.pyc when you decompile and recompile it, even if you don't modify it, will make the game stuck on the battle loading. However, all the other files seem to be fine

Also, we are in the same boat, I have never made mods before but I really want to keep this sight so I have chosen to use some of my knowledge :p I believe the game use Python 2.6

Edited by Jamesst20, Jun 23 2013 - 15:05.


misscleo #23 Posted Jun 23 2013 - 15:36

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 19857 battles
  • 2,130
  • Member since:
    12-02-2010
Not sure if you guys are asking to be banned or what, but modifying the byte-code files is not allowed and is strictly enforced. At least don't admit that you're the one doing the compiling. :/

Jamesst20 #24 Posted Jun 23 2013 - 16:43

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 3910 battles
  • 25
  • Member since:
    02-22-2013

View Postmisscleo, on Jun 23 2013 - 15:36, said:

Not sure if you guys are asking to be banned or what, but modifying the byte-code files is not allowed and is strictly enforced. At least don't admit that you're the one doing the compiling. :/

Nah lol, as far as I know it is allowed since a lot of sights uses that.. It is not worse than decompiling swf like xvm

Edited by Jamesst20, Jun 23 2013 - 16:43.


Boreasos #25 Posted Jun 23 2013 - 20:53

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 83
  • Member since:
    03-06-2013

View Postmisscleo, on Jun 23 2013 - 15:36, said:

Not sure if you guys are asking to be banned or what, but modifying the byte-code files is not allowed and is strictly enforced. At least don't admit that you're the one doing the compiling. :/
It's only interface files, and not core game mechanics. Several visual mods use some of the GUI files to some extent, and disassembling them is necessary to accomplish this.

Jamesst20 #26 Posted Jun 23 2013 - 21:13

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 3910 battles
  • 25
  • Member since:
    02-22-2013

View PostBoreasos, on Jun 23 2013 - 20:53, said:

It's only interface files, and not core game mechanics. Several visual mods use some of the GUI files to some extent, and disassembling them is necessary to accomplish this.

Got anything new ? :)

Boreasos #27 Posted Jun 23 2013 - 21:27

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 83
  • Member since:
    03-06-2013

View PostJamesst20, on Jun 23 2013 - 21:13, said:

Got anything new ? :)
Alas. I see the same issue that you do, in that the recompiled files seem to not be the same size as the originals, though the difference is marginal. We're missing something. I suggest you try to find some tutorials on wot modding, since other people clearly manage to get stuff done.

Jamesst20 #28 Posted Jun 24 2013 - 05:41

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 3910 battles
  • 25
  • Member since:
    02-22-2013

View PostBoreasos, on Jun 23 2013 - 21:27, said:

Alas. I see the same issue that you do, in that the recompiled files seem to not be the same size as the originals, though the difference is marginal. We're missing something. I suggest you try to find some tutorials on wot modding, since other people clearly manage to get stuff done.

I have PMed someone that manage to decompile it for one of his mod and he is really nice :)
Here is what he told me

Quote

The author prefer to keep this between us

I am still stuck but I am trying to figure out how can I fix by guessing stuffs from bytecode

Edited by Jamesst20, Jun 25 2013 - 19:31.


soulza #29 Posted Jun 24 2013 - 23:17

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 1266 battles
  • 55
  • Member since:
    06-09-2011
I love this mod ( I am in EU btw)
We had the patch last week so I am on the live server ,when 8.6 went live i used this mod and the game loaded ,but some of the components of the site were missing(i ommited content in the scripts folder), i have kept the Deegesettings.xml file though.
since 8.6 the scripts folder is more tempremental than ever , cough in its direction and it will crash the game on freeze on battle loading screen.
I moved on and have put it on hold ,but I was told that you need to move the files in the scripts folder down one level if that makes sense?

Valid54 #30 Posted Jun 24 2013 - 23:46

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 24335 battles
  • 90
  • [_SOA_] _SOA_
  • Member since:
    06-11-2011
Get the files to H8M3 this guy is good at getting mod stuff to work . I am sure if you send him the files he can work it out..

soulza #31 Posted Jun 25 2013 - 01:15

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 1266 battles
  • 55
  • Member since:
    06-09-2011
you going to love me for this :) I got EVERYTHING to work on the 8.6 live EU server apart from the green pen numbers.
all else is 100% perfect :)
I dont want to post how I did it here ,or put the download here ,so if you can go to

http://roughnecksxvm...s-sight-86#1631

I am a mod there ,I looked at this problem this evening well exactly an hour ago and didnt do any reverse engineering or anything ,i just used common logic. give me half an hour to write up findings.

H8M3 #32 Posted Jun 25 2013 - 03:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 20070 battles
  • 2,319
  • Member since:
    04-27-2012

View Postsoulza, on Jun 25 2013 - 01:15, said:

you going to love me for this :) I got EVERYTHING to work on the 8.6 live EU server apart from the green pen numbers.
all else is 100% perfect :)
I dont want to post how I did it here ,or put the download here ,so if you can go to

http://roughnecksxvm...s-sight-86#1631

I am a mod there ,I looked at this problem this evening well exactly an hour ago and didnt do any reverse engineering or anything ,i just used common logic. give me half an hour to write up findings.

im gonna go test it on eu servers right now... if you indeed fixed it, your awesome

yup it works, now to edit the config and remove all the annoying animates text!.. thnx

Edited by H8M3, Jun 25 2013 - 03:10.


soulza #33 Posted Jun 25 2013 - 03:20

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 1266 battles
  • 55
  • Member since:
    06-09-2011
one thing ,the green numbers have been removed on version 1.6 this version and replaced with a cross hair that changes color and a % chance of penetration ,all the components are now fully working as they should ,it took me a while to backtrack but its good:
Posted Image
Posted Image

H8M3 #34 Posted Jun 25 2013 - 03:24

    Major

  • Players
  • 20070 battles
  • 2,319
  • Member since:
    04-27-2012

View Postsoulza, on Jun 25 2013 - 03:20, said:

one thing ,the green numbers have been removed on version 1.6 this version and replaced with a cross hair that changes color and a % chance of penetration ,all the components are now fully working as they should ,it took me a while to backtrack but its good:



soulza's sights !.. you know cause other th e dude diddnt want to update it, its yers now

Edited by H8M3, Jun 25 2013 - 03:24.


soulza #35 Posted Jun 25 2013 - 03:29

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 1266 battles
  • 55
  • Member since:
    06-09-2011
lol i didnt know that but i am more than willing to stick my name on such a great bit of kit :)
whoever did the origonal did a very good job ,
well 3.30am here in wales UK time for bed :)
wonder how many mod sites this will be on by this time tommorow :)
big thanks to OP who brought this up and made me interested

Paul92a #36 Posted Jun 25 2013 - 03:42

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 24364 battles
  • 725
  • Member since:
    06-08-2012
So much information! By the time I finish analysing it I'd be dead lol. Looks very professional and I hope that one day I'll be good enough to use it.

Valid54 #37 Posted Jun 25 2013 - 04:32

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 24335 battles
  • 90
  • [_SOA_] _SOA_
  • Member since:
    06-11-2011
great job !!

1starmoured #38 Posted Jun 25 2013 - 05:11

    Private

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1
  • [1AR] 1AR
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012
Thankyou to everyone who kept this mod alive!  I love it.  Great work people!

PHOENIX_ONE #39 Posted Jun 25 2013 - 05:15

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 222 battles
  • 441
  • [MIA] MIA
  • Member since:
    03-09-2011

View Postsoulza, on Jun 25 2013 - 03:20, said:

one thing ,the green numbers have been removed on version 1.6 this version and replaced with a cross hair that changes color and a % chance of penetration ,all the components are now fully working as they should ,it took me a while to backtrack but its good:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Salute to you!

Boreasos #40 Posted Jun 25 2013 - 19:15

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 83
  • Member since:
    03-06-2013
So awesome you got it to work soulza. Hats off. :)




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users