[0.8.6][Help Required] Deegies-Sights - Best Crosshair

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
114 replies to this topic

Jamesst20 #41 Posted Jun 25 2013 - 19:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 3910 battles

View Postsoulza, on Jun 25 2013 - 03:29, said:

lol i didnt know that but i am more than willing to stick my name on such a great bit of kit :)
whoever did the origonal did a very good job ,
well 3.30am here in wales UK time for bed :)
wonder how many mod sites this will be on by this time tommorow :)
big thanks to OP who brought this up and made me interested

What the hell are you doing ? Taking the whole credit? Yeah right, you have no rights to say it is now your mods and nether say you did something helpful here. I don't know if you took the time to read but I have got the samething as you fully working but the green penetration. I believe it has something to do with control_modes.pyc which is hard to reverse engine. In your case, you just stole that file from another mod and removed the item_def folder. Plus, im pretty sure that folder is right because it works here with that folder. Also, you're distributing this and make people use old file from 0.8.5 which can causes a lot of troubles

soulza #42 Posted Jun 25 2013 - 20:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 1266 battles
Excuse me please but
you came on to the forum where I posted this and accussed me of stealing YOUR work?
I never download anything that you posted?
And if you notice I NEVER put my name to it ,I did say I got it to work in 8.6 which  i will take credit for.
you were looking at the wrong problem file anyway in the first place.
and I re added the ITEM_def folder so its there and working. the control_modes/pyc IS 8.6 compatable .
you need to read back over this thread and consider you asked for anyone to get it to work?????
well I did
If you instal the mod and ALL the files provided it does not crash it works 100% in 8.6 I know because I am on 8.6 now been playing all day no crashes.

and got to paste this line in :-

quote   I don't know if you took the time to read but I have got the samething as you fully working but the green penetration.   unquote

rofl you havnt done your homework very well have you????
I will give you a clue ,I am using version 1.6 of this mod ?
I suspect you have version 1.5.
the green penetration values were removed in 1.6 and replaced with an aim marker that changes color ,  green ,yellow, red to signal penetration probabillity and a % chance of deflecting added so that you know if a shot will do damage
This approach is far more valuable an aid , in the fact it is working out probabillities for the user.

BUT................................

If you still want the green numbers instead after what you wrote I will still help you.I got them to display today.
everything in the pack I put together works in 8.6 FACT and as it should.
you need to trak down or get hold of a file called MeltyMapsProtracterSetting.xml
this file holds the green penetration value info you need ,you then can edit  deegie's settings file. to display these values.

there is no need to decomile anything.

I think it was a case of sour grapes on your behalf that I got it to work in under an hour.

Jamesst20 #43 Posted Jun 25 2013 - 21:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 3910 battles

View Postsoulza, on Jun 25 2013 - 20:37, said:

Excuse me please but
you came on to the forum where I posted this and accussed me of stealing YOUR work?
I never download anything that you posted?
And if you notice I NEVER put my name to it ,I did say I got it to work in 8.6 which  i will take credit for.
you were looking at the wrong problem file anyway in the first place.
and I re added the ITEM_def folder so its there and working. the control_modes/pyc IS 8.6 compatable .
you need to read back over this thread and consider you asked for anyone to get it to work?????
well I did
If you instal the mod and ALL the files provided it does not crash it works 100% in 8.6 I know because I am on 8.6 now been playing all day no crashes.

and got to paste this line in :-

quote   I don't know if you took the time to read but I have got the samething as you fully working but the green penetration.   unquote

rofl you havnt done your homework very well have you????
I will give you a clue ,I am using version 1.6 of this mod ?
I suspect you have version 1.5.
the green penetration values were removed in 1.6 and replaced with an aim marker that changes color ,  green ,yellow, red to signal penetration probabillity and a % chance of deflecting added so that you know if a shot will do damage
This approach is far more valuable an aid , in the fact it is working out probabillities for the user.

BUT................................

If you still want the green numbers instead after what you wrote I will still help you.I got them to display today.
everything in the pack I put together works in 8.6 FACT and as it should.
you need to trak down or get hold of a file called MeltyMapsProtracterSetting.xml
this file holds the green penetration value info you need ,you then can edit  deegie's settings file. to display these values.

there is no need to decomile anything.

I think it was a case of sour grapes on your behalf that I got it to work in under an hour.

Hi,

You might be wrong or maybe I am but it is still there, I got mine from here http://www.koreanran...ights-v16/  and the penetration is still there. However, it could be disabled from the xml on your side and control_modes.pyc is really used for showing the penetration. In your case, you took the "control_modes and the DynamicCameras" from a mod to have a better camera zoom distance such as zoom4x or whatever. It is a great idea but you are forgetting this :

Posted Image

That tells pretty much everything :P

I am no longer working on this. However, if someone succeed to reverse engine properly control_modes.pyc from 0.8.6, I will of course, end my work :)

soulza #44 Posted Jun 25 2013 - 23:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 1266 battles
go here and download this mod

http://drongo-lab.ru...tanks-0-8-4-17/
and download my my pack

instal my pack first (important) as it has all the 8.6 files required
then extract the other melty map download to your desktop
ok you only need a few files

you need crosshairsniper.swf
MeltyMapProtractorSettings.xml
place them in your gui/flash directory they should not over write anything

next you need maps/ingame/aim folder of meltymaps and take the two files from there and place them in your gui/maps/ingame/aim
you will have to over write the two that came with my pack.

and thats it.

load up the game and hay presto green penetration numbers

EDIT
this gets the same end results

this is the full mod with green numbers
http://www.mediafire...5vx7j64d0edrdd6

Edited by soulza, Jun 25 2013 - 23:34.

FossybeaR #45 Posted Jun 26 2013 - 03:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 29125 battles
no matter what i do i cant get the sights to work at all

game loads but stays in the loadscreen before the battle and not launchh the game
tryed multiple melty downloads all have the same result in the end and not let me in the battle

any ideas ?

MegazeroMZ #46 Posted Jun 26 2013 - 05:22

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
Excuse me  soulza, you have done a really really good job making this sight available for 8.6, but may I be a little selfish and ask for a little more ^^? I figure out how to change the zoom in (change a little bit on zoom4x.xml right?) to lower the zoom rate a little bit to suit my style, but in 0.8.5 if I remember it correctly it also allow to zoom out alot, so can you do that too ^^?

H8M3 #47 Posted Jun 26 2013 - 05:46

Major

• Players
  • 20099 battles
stop it. James started the project, Soulza finished it. he also added the 4x zooms that deegies diddnt come with,

as i recall you were askin for help.. ya got it..

goto roughs page n read what he wrote about it.
i dont see the problem, now stfu.. h8m3 is the guy that f**in said it, so bit*( at me if ya dont liek my comment

Edited by H8M3, Jun 26 2013 - 05:48.

H8M3 #48 Posted Jun 26 2013 - 05:49

Major

• Players
  • 20099 battles

View PostMegazeroMZ, on Jun 26 2013 - 05:22, said:

Excuse me  soulza, you have done a really really good job making this sight available for 8.6, but may I be a little selfish and ask for a little more ^^? I figure out how to change the zoom in (change a little bit on zoom4x.xml right?) to lower the zoom rate a little bit to suit my style, but in 0.8.5 if I remember it correctly it also allow to zoom out alot, so can you do that too ^^?

goto the 4xzoom.xml and change the 0.9/5/15/28 bigger

MegazeroMZ #49 Posted Jun 26 2013 - 05:53

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
That 0.9/5/15/28 is for zoom in isnt it? I already lower it a bit to suit my style. But the zoom out I try to lower the last one to 0.01 but it didnt really do anything, so how to I zoom out to get a better view of a large part of the map ^^?

H8M3 #50 Posted Jun 26 2013 - 05:54

Major

• Players
  • 20099 battles

View PostMegazeroMZ, on Jun 26 2013 - 05:53, said:

That 0.9/5/15/28 is for zoom in isnt it? I already lower it a bit to suit my style. But the zoom out I try to lower the last one to 0.01 but it didnt really do anything, so how to I zoom out to get a better view of a large part of the map ^^?

oops yeah my bad im medicateding.. its the part the says 2-300 change that value to 500 or 1000

MegazeroMZ #51 Posted Jun 26 2013 - 06:00

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
Which file is that in ^^? I dont see anything that's 200 or 300 in the zoom4x

H8M3 #52 Posted Jun 26 2013 - 06:02

Major

• Players
  • 20099 battles
one sec il take a look it might be in avitarhandler, brb

H8M3 #53 Posted Jun 26 2013 - 06:04

Major

• Players
  • 20099 battles
k its in the avatar input handler look for all the <distRange>40 100</distRange> values hop em up..(make a copy of the file first in case it gets fuggled,

MegazeroMZ #54 Posted Jun 26 2013 - 06:43

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostH8M3, on Jun 26 2013 - 06:04, said:

k its in the avatar input handler look for all the <distRange>40 100</distRange> values hop em up..(make a copy of the file first in case it gets fuggled,

Thank you very much XD It worked XD

soulza #55 Posted Jun 26 2013 - 13:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 1266 battles
Because this gun site has been let go by the designer , lets keep it alive.
looking at the code this origonates from melty maths gun site.
what changes cosmeticaly would you like to see happen to this site?
I can change any graphic element in the site ,I think most of us would agree to take the sccolling text out ,i like the blood splatters as you know you have been hurt
but these can be replaced etc.

Ideas here and lets see what we can do with this.

Jamesst20 #56 Posted Jun 26 2013 - 16:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 3910 battles

View PostH8M3, on Jun 26 2013 - 05:46, said:

stop it. James started the project, Soulza finished it. he also added the 4x zooms that deegies diddnt come with,

as i recall you were askin for help.. ya got it..

goto roughs page n read what he wrote about it.
i dont see the problem, now stfu.. h8m3 is the guy that f**in said it, so bit*( at me if ya dont liek my comment

You're wrong :P the ZoomX4 was implemented into Deegies-sights ;) I can tell you since I have seen the changes in my reversed engineered files :)

H8M3 #57 Posted Jun 26 2013 - 18:14

Major

• Players
  • 20099 battles
yeah the scrollin text was the only thing i removed.. its annoying..

when i insta;llled deegies last month for 8.5 it fuked up my 4X and i had to re-install it

peaceforeveryone #58 Posted Jun 26 2013 - 20:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
first of all i want to thank all people who kept this sight alive, and as for jamesst20 and soulza, get together along guys, you guys started and finished it why argue who's code is it, both of you did an excellent job and both your names and anyone who helped can be placed to make this deegies sight for 8.6 by blah blah, blah blah and blah. get my point? you both don't need to argue. this sight is the best really, i love it, but can i have a copy of that without the scrolling text, my fps literally drops by 10-20 and i hope i can lessen it even just by 5-10.

and on another not, why when i change 4xzoom to 1 6 12 18 it doesn't seem to work?

H8M3 #59 Posted Jun 26 2013 - 20:36

Major

• Players
  • 20099 battles

View Postpeaceforeveryone, on Jun 26 2013 - 20:15, said:

first of all i want to thank all people who kept this sight alive, and as for jamesst20 and soulza, get together along guys, you guys started and finished it why argue who's code is it, both of you did an excellent job and both your names and anyone who helped can be placed to make this deegies sight for 8.6 by blah blah, blah blah and blah. get my point? you both don't need to argue. this sight is the best really, i love it, but can i have a copy of that without the scrolling text, my fps literally drops by 10-20 and i hope i can lessen it even just by 5-10.

and on another not, why when i change 4xzoom to 1 6 12 18 it doesn't seem to work?

there is more then one spot in that file to change the 0.9 5 25 28 into 1 6 12 18

to turn off the text goto gui/flask and open deegiesettings.xvl

there are four lines to shut that off it looks like this

<textDecorate visible="true"

change all four to
<textDecorate visible="false"

and click save

peaceforeveryone #60 Posted Jun 26 2013 - 20:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostH8M3, on Jun 26 2013 - 20:36, said:

there is more then one spot in that file to change the 0.9 5 25 28 into 1 6 12 18

to turn off the text goto gui/flask and open deegiesettings.xvl

there are four lines to shut that off it looks like this

<textDecorate visible="true"

change all four to
<textDecorate visible="false"

and click save

im sorry but this is the only ones i have in my zoom4x file, where is other spot?

Spoiler                     

and for the deegiesettings, i only found two lines so turned them both to false and seemed to do the job. so thanks a lot! :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users