Using JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

NoblePlatoon #1 Posted Jun 28 2013 - 05:32

Captain

• Players
  • 16690 battles
Howto activate and de-activate mods without losing your sanity

Some of the following is shamelessly ripped-off from this thread.

I use JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler (JSGME) because I do a lot of modding, and I switch out mods frequently. This is a great way to be able to change, exchange or even turn off mods without a great deal of hassle, like if you directly use the res_mods folder system. Since swapping all of the necessary files is pretty much uncomfortable, there is a solution which makes life easier:

Step 1

Link: ->Generic Mod Enabler

Download this tool and install it into your game directory. (change to your appropriate path)

Posted Image

When you start JSGME for the first time, the following dialogue will show:

Posted Image

Confirm it, so that JSGME creates a new folder named 'MODS' in your game directory.

Step 2

Download any mod (preferably, all of mine :great: ), and extract the archive into the new 'MODS' folder.

Make sure that this newly extracted folder follows its appropriate folder path. For most mods, it will be Name of Mod\res_mods\0.X.X\ABC. There are exceptions, however. For example, audio mods do not have to go through res_mods when using JSGME. Audio mods' path would look like Name of Mod\res\audio\ABCfev and fsb. If you are unsure about a particular mod that you download, you can always extract it to a folder on your Desktop, then examine its contents. Here are examples of two of my mods:
Remove tree leaves and thins bushes\res_mods\0.8.6\speedtree\etc
Gears of War voice mod\res\audio\etc

Still unsure? Post below to ask me.

Step 3

You are now able to switch this mod on and off pretty easily.
To do that, open JSGME and select a mod. Click on the arrow to activate it.

Posted Image

Now the "Camera Mod for 0.7.0" is in the column for the activated mods. To deactivate it, simply reverse the procedure.

Posted Image

One more thing that I have found that makes this easier is putting empty folder trees in your res_mods folder of all the folder paths that your mods will use before you activate any of them. Otherwise, when you want to de-activate a mod, sometimes you must also de-activate others that use the same folder path. This is not so important if you have less than 10 mods. But I have over 40, so it is a bit more complicated.

String1701E #2 Posted Jun 28 2013 - 05:45

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10704 battles
  • [DEMON] DEMON
I use this. Its VERY useful. And it saves a lot of hair-pulling.

Thoringer #3 Posted Jun 28 2013 - 05:53

Major

• Players
  • 28861 battles
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL
I just copy the stuff into the right folder. That is what the res_mods folder is for. Don't see the need for an additional program anymore. It was surely useful before WoT was that mod friendly.

NoblePlatoon #4 Posted Jun 28 2013 - 13:48

Captain

• Players
  • 16690 battles

View PostThoringer, on Jun 28 2013 - 05:53, said:

I just copy the stuff into the right folder. That is what the res_mods folder is for. Don't see the need for an additional program anymore. It was surely useful before WoT was that mod friendly.
Trust me, this additional program is very useful when you work with mods as much as I do.

Edited by NoblePlatoon, Jun 28 2013 - 13:50.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users