I loathe the VK4502p

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
161 replies to this topic

Stevepidge #21 Posted Jan 07 2011 - 21:17

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 4880 battles

View PostOverlord, on Jan 07 2011 - 21:14, said:

Rebalancing will take place non-stop after release as well. It's inevitable, the more tanks we have, the more difficult the whole system becomes. Current balance between factions is quite ok, but there are several weak spots like tier 9-10 US tanks, Maus, IS-4 (better than counterparts) and some others. Current trees will be reworked, especially US and Soviet ones. Regarding German tree, production of E-series will be speeded up.

It was our idea to implement French tanks first. Do many people know much about them? Have they been represented in other games much? I think, no to both.

Awesome to know the E series will see the light of day soon. I do understand that there was a gap to fill between the Tiger II and the Maus, my question is why was the VK chosen for tier 9 instead of the clearly historically superior Tiger II?

edit: thanks for jumping in Overlord must've had a rough night ehh? first post of the day?

VirgilHilts #22 Posted Jan 07 2011 - 21:22

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16650 battles
In order to make the KT a tier 9 tank, it needs a substantial armor buff, not to mention the artificial weaknesses, especially the turret and gun mantlet, need to be fully cured, the top speed needs to be corrected, the traverse needs to be corrected, the rate of fire on the 105/68 needs a 25% buff, and the ammunition cost for it needs to drop to 750-800 per round, in order to make up for the fact that the cost to operate it as a tier 9 will go up by 30% at least, and the tier 9 rating will drop the return for damaging opponents by around 20% or more.

The screams from the Russian drivers would deafen the living and wake the dead. I seriously doubt the U.S. drivers would scream nearly as bad, but they'd be far from silent.

Between the work required from the developers, and the protest screams of the players, I'm thinking the chances of moving the KT to tier 9 and the VK4502 to tier 8 are just a little bit less than that of seeing the Statue of Liberty hike her toga and take a leak in the bay next to Ellis Island.

painless #23 Posted Jan 07 2011 - 21:37

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

Rebalancing will take place non-stop after release as well. It's inevitable, the more tanks we have, the more difficult the whole system becomes. Current balance between factions is quite ok, but there are several weak spots like tier 9-10 US tanks, Maus, IS-4 (better than counterparts) and some others. Current trees will be reworked, especially US and Soviet ones. Regarding German tree, production of E-series will be speeded up.

It was our idea to implement French tanks first. Do many people know much about them? Have they been represented in other games much? I think, no to both.
Great news :Smile-bajan2:  (e-series, i couldn't care less 'bout french tanks even if i wanted to)
When can we expect e-babies? And, sorry to bother You, but will there be softwipe before e series introduction, or i have to start saving free xp now for e-stuff? :Smile-izmena:

and any news about maus mudguards/mantlet fix?

Overlord #24 Posted Jan 07 2011 - 21:41

Commander

• Developer
  • 30 battles

View PostStevepidge, on Jan 07 2011 - 21:17, said:

Awesome to know the E series will see the light of day soon. I do understand that there was a gap to fill between the Tiger II and the Maus, my question is why was the VK chosen for tier 9 instead of the clearly historically superior Tiger II?

edit: thanks for jumping in Overlord must've had a rough night ehh? first post of the day?

Need to ask our tank experts. I'm not knowledgeable enough. Guess, it's because KT is a well-known real warfare vechile that would require some buffs to become decent tier 9. VK4502 is a prototype, we have more freedom "playing" with its specs.

Actually not the first one. After all, I'm having a day off  ;) .

AL_Yuudachi #25 Posted Jan 07 2011 - 21:46

First lieutenant

• Special Beta Testers
  • 7799 battles

Regarding German tree, production of E-series will be speeded up.

The plus side for E-100 is you already have the hull done thanks to the Gw E Series.
VK4501P/4502P A is the same ( Ferdinand/Vk4502P Ausf B )

B)

how2skate_com #26 Posted Jan 07 2011 - 21:49

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Like many others, the german line ended at the KT for me. I'm curious for the Maus, but I know I'd get too frustrated driving that shamefull VK... :Smile_harp:

Overlord #27 Posted Jan 07 2011 - 21:49

Commander

• Developer
  • 30 battles

View Postpainless, on Jan 07 2011 - 21:37, said:

Great news :Smile-bajan2:  (e-series, i couldn't care less 'bout french tanks even if i wanted to)
When can we expect e-babies? And, sorry to bother You, but will there be softwipe before e series introduction, or i have to start saving free xp now for e-stuff? :Smile-izmena:

and any news about maus mudguards/mantlet fix?

Can't give even a rough date at the moment. Likely that along with French tanks, after Lowe, KV-5, Pz. 38 NA, KV-13, and US TD line are added.

E-series will be added after release, so there will be no more wipes after the game goes live.  

Mudguards are to be fixed in the upcoming update. Don't ask me now when it's going to be released.  :)

Overlord #28 Posted Jan 07 2011 - 21:53

Commander

• Developer
  • 30 battles

View PostJetu, on Jan 07 2011 - 21:46, said:

The plus side for E-100 is you already have the hull done thanks to the Gw E Series.
VK4501P/4502P A is the same ( Ferdinand/Vk4502P Ausf B )

B)

Still need to designate and model that 15cm KwK44 for E100...

Rokuzachi #29 Posted Jan 07 2011 - 21:57

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 21314 battles
The way I look at the VK45 is that it's what it 'could have been' if the design had seen production and been iterated upon to make it a superior one.

itzhakskenstrom #30 Posted Jan 07 2011 - 22:03

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I would suggest that the developers had two parallel heavy tank lines, one that starts at tier 6 with VK3001(P) the goes to tier 7 with Tiger(P), tier 8 as either version of the VK4502(P) (just to make it easier the current Ausf.B ), tier 9 would be the Löwe and then end the line with the Maus. The tier 7 Tiger(P) would also be able to unlock the Ferdinand tank destroyer since they both use the same hull and engine.

My main argument for this suggestion would be that users would be able to use the same engines in this line starting from the VK3001(P) all the way up to the Maus. My suggestion here is that you start of as now in the VK3001(P) and use the double Porsche Typ 100/1/3 on it, unlocks the Porsche Deutz Typ 180/1 engine @ ~750ish hp with the tier 7 Tiger(P). The tier 8 would unlock the current Porsche Deutz Typ 180/2 with its 840hp and this engine would be the default engine for the Löwe.

The Löwe would unlock the Daimler-Benz MB 509 engine with it's 1080hp that was planed/used in the V1 of the Maus.

The parallel heavy tank line would use the existing one but replace the VK4502(P) Ausf.B with the E-75 at tier 9 and the E-100 as tier 10. This line would use the Maybach series of engines with the HL234 P50 that was added with the Panther 2 for the E-75 as its final engine.

Any thoughts about this suggestion?

RAZORLIGHT #31 Posted Jan 07 2011 - 22:12

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
i love to hear you know the problems

if you fix the sightsystem and fix the balance this game will be one of the best games in 2011

btw. WOW you really give the E-100 its real 15cm gun

OVERLORD I LVOE YOU  :Smile-playing:

and now i know you for sure the balancing will become great and fair!

Overlord #32 Posted Jan 07 2011 - 22:16

Commander

• Developer
  • 30 battles

View PostRAZORLIGHT, on Jan 07 2011 - 22:12, said:

i love to hear you know the problems

if you fix the sightsystem and fix the balance this game will be one of the best games in 2011

Spotting system - yes.

In terms of balance there will always be something to complain about.

Siigari #33 Posted Jan 07 2011 - 22:19

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 7364 battles

View Postitzhakskenstrom, on Jan 07 2011 - 22:03, said:

I would suggest that the developers had two parallel heavy tank lines
The devs did this with the Russians, didn't they? The KV/IS line and then the T-4X line.

Right?

RAZORLIGHT #34 Posted Jan 07 2011 - 22:20

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostOverlord, on Jan 07 2011 - 22:16, said:

Spotting system - yes.

till T9 balancing is pretty ok atm, so its not a big thing and we all know its still a beta

its normal that there wont be a perfect balance but keep it as fair as possible and everything is fine

btw. any new date for the eu servers?

there are so many players atm its lagging too much for us european guys and girls

fabse #35 Posted Jan 07 2011 - 22:20

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Nice to hear that balancing will be done. But it will be a feddeling with some numbers as usual (maybe we wont even be told that changes are made). There will be no major changes like changing the tech of a tank.

To be honest i am really fond of the idea of the KT beeing a T9. A small armor buff, the original speed and the turret mentioned together with a better gun would do the job. It would basically be a Panther2 with better armor and penetration. Trust me i dont give a damn about historical accuracy. I want my tanks to be fun to drive, and i want them to be balanced. The VK2502 is pretty well balanced (i srsly think that, couz i owned with it!) but it is definetly not fun to drive. Grinding it to the 12.8 is a nightmare. The maus has its moments, but on 70% of the maps you cannot have fun with it.

To be honest i really would like if the devs would use the beta phase more for testing. By that i really mean trying other stuff. All the time i have played nothing fundamental has ever changed.. Instead of reinventing arty they make a lottery out of it. Instead of reinventing their spotting system they change some numbers (or not, who knows) and say its ok now (what it is not). Instead of fixing all these problems they are busy interducing new tank trees.

Yep... i am frustrated but overlords hint that the E100 might get the 150mm made my day. I just had to +rep you there....  :Smile_honoring:

VirgilHilts #36 Posted Jan 07 2011 - 22:23

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16650 battles

View PostOverlord, on Jan 07 2011 - 22:16, said:

Spotting system - yes.

I'm all for the spotting system.

As far as balance goes, if you've got the vast majority of people griping about their tank needing a buff, or the other guy's tank needing a nerf, you're pretty close to having it right. But it is a constant effort, unless you have a true simulation and did your homework.

strata89 #37 Posted Jan 07 2011 - 22:39

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Nice news overlord, you said is4 is better than its counterparts (not so big suprise for me, buff in last patch wasnt needed), can you show us new statistics after last patch?

DarthBenedict #38 Posted Jan 07 2011 - 23:16

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 17 battles
I kind of like the KT being tier 8 - it puts the scariest German tank of WWII up against the scariest Russian one. That just seems right to me.

Making the Lowe T9 instead of (or even an optional replacement for) the VK45 would make me happier than swapping the VK45 and KT. As is, the German line will end at King Tiger for me.

fefris #39 Posted Jan 08 2011 - 01:05

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 4318 battles

whhhhhyyyy French??? people dont play a game to play some underpowered obscure nations tanks. which is why they have never been in other games maybe ?

Citroen 2CV-IS anyone ;-)

dear god, British would be the obvious next tanks.

Vahal #40 Posted Jan 08 2011 - 01:27

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
who care french or britishes or japaneses or italians first? What will be some new tanks, enjoy it and let national pride where it should be left on a game, the cloakroom.
The french will surely give some originality cause Overlord is right, when we are talking WWII tanks and cold war, the only tanks we saw until now were german (WWII) US (WWII and cold war, GB (WWII and cold war) and soviets (WWII and cold war). Sometime a game show japaneses paper tanks (remember battlefield 1942  :Smile-playing: ) so, why not?
The only thing I hope is they will not be too powerfull or too weak.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users