Computer shuts down after being on WoT for awhile

help please computer shut down

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

Toxicmoon47 #21 Posted Jul 06 2013 - 16:54

Private

• Players
  • 463 battles
Computer Tech here for over 16 years.

Like many have suggested over heating is the most common cause of this issue.  The video card over heating can do this as well.  The cheapest solution to start off your trouble shooting.  
Purchase two cans of computer duster/canned air.    Turn the computer off but leave it plugged in to keep it grounded.  

Youtube how to video on cleaning out your processor with the canned air. If you have an after market video card with a large housing with fans built in, it's a nice trap for dust to get caked in there.  Clean that out real good too.   Give it a good 10min to evaporate before you turn it back on.  

There are other causes that can cause this issue, however this is the most common out of all of them and a logical first step.

Thurnock #22 Posted Jul 06 2013 - 22:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36733 battles
  • [LONER] LONER
Ok folks enough about the heat problem. On my end The game quits when I am in a match...ONLY ON THE NA EAST SERVER.....Never crashes or quits on the NA WEST. Enough of the novice advice of overheating and other BS. It is Wots server that is the problem never happened to me before 8.6.

it is not heat, drivers or other BS it is WoT only

Mogtepyigsoloth #23 Posted Jul 09 2013 - 21:10

Private

• Players
  • 12245 battles
Thurnock,
I believe you're right.

I've monitored my temps, and while WOT does increase my GPU temps somewhat, they're nowhere near maximum operating temperature (-30°C under M.O.T.) My CPU's core temps do not rise enough playing WOT to even mention; I usually see CPU core temps in the mid 50°C range tops playing WOT. I've had a recurring issue of my nVidia display driver stopping, but this only occurs playing WOT.

Meisgoot312's suggestion of running in windowed mode did seem to make my game FAR MORE STABLE, in fact I've only crashed once in three days running in windowed mode.
Are you WG programmers reading this? I suggest you look into the "windowed vs full-screen mode" areas of your code for bugs & glitches.

Mogtepyigsoloth #24 Posted Jul 09 2013 - 21:12

Private

• Players
  • 12245 battles
lol, I just noticed I now have fought zero battles in WOT.
SNAFU. lol