36 replies to this topic

BigNaturals #21 Posted Jul 09 2013 - 04:55

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 55733 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostWoodStar, on Jul 08 2013 - 21:48, said:

So you condone cheating ok.......

fella i built anti cheats replay programs for IGS in Ghost Recon i was a anti cheat admin in TWL and IGS leagues for americas army, ghost recon and call of duty, this far from being a cheat  come talk to me when you know what a hack is

and did you even read what i typed, if its up for download on WG in RU forums its allowed they have the hardest rules for cheating there, they ban your account for hit skins

Edited by CBARoughneck, Jul 09 2013 - 04:56.

Demorg #22 Posted Jul 09 2013 - 09:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 9058 battles
  • [SF-V] SF-V

View PostTitan89, on Jul 08 2013 - 23:54, said:

Cheating? How is a mod that shows the enemys LAST known position a cheat? Thats like saying using a Teamspeak to tell your platoon mate that the maus was last seen in A6.... It doesnt show you where they are AT ALL TIMES. Just the last known place before they disappeared.

wow, did you even read the thread before your hasty post that has nothing to do with what the mod in question does? oh wait nevermind, i just answered my own question

Maggz #23 Posted Jul 09 2013 - 12:59

Captain

• Players
  • 39685 battles
It is a shame that people really do not get the intent of what mods do and are for.............. I would agree with CBA, if this mod was construed as illegal by WG, they would have banned it on the RU server already. It is posted on thier forums available for download. That alone should tell you enough.

NJtanker #24 Posted Jul 09 2013 - 14:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12385 battles
From a WG Dev for the NA ...... This is were this mod falls under .. Debate it how you want just posting this for info ... As NA does not have a firm policy there still is something in place.

http://overlord-wot....mod-policy.html

[WoT] New Mod Policy
We are currently updating our mod (user-created extensions) policy for World of Tanks.
How it looks like so far:
    Disable everything that gives any kind of advantage in direct form: laser-like pointer, transparent tree crowns, hit-box like skins in-game, etc
    Also there is an intention to disable mods that are using modified client scripts (automated fire extinguisher, automated repair kit, auto-shooting etc)
    Mods that are not related to scripts and only modifies visual side of UI will still be tolerable (WR efficiency mods, XVM, etc)
    Some mods can be integrated into the game client (which ones - under discussion).

ed_anger #25 Posted Jul 09 2013 - 15:04

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 14299 battles
Overlord is not a NA dev, he is in Minsk. there are mod policies on the RU and EU servers. so far nothing here.

NJtanker #26 Posted Jul 09 2013 - 15:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12385 battles
This was the response from a question directed to the NA forums .... As he is not in the NA this is the policy they have for NA .... If you send in a ticket and ask for the NA mod policy they will send you here...  No looking to flame try it just putting the heads up there..

As I agree we have no firm posted policy here in NA why would they send you to his blog with that statement if this is not in effect there NA Policy, Just post it so people know.

And basically when it comes to it a mod showing were your enemy is pointing we all know were this falls.

ed_anger #27 Posted Jul 09 2013 - 15:14

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 14299 battles
first of all, the laser pointer mentioned above is a beam that comes out of your tank and hits the enemy tank in the match (so aim assist). it has nothing to do with the minimap.

secondly, until someone official puts up an official policy, the NA server doesn't have an mod policy.

RumRunner151 #28 Posted Jul 09 2013 - 18:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31451 battles
  • [FIXX] FIXX
So many sheeple.  As correctly stated by some in this thread, currently there are 0 illegal mods on NA servers.

Would I put this in the unfair advantage/cheating catagory.  Yes.  But that is my OPINION.  For now the mod is still legal.

SACEUR #29 Posted Jul 09 2013 - 18:46

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 38959 battles

View Posted_anger, on Jul 09 2013 - 15:14, said:

first of all, the laser pointer mentioned above is a beam that comes out of your tank and hits the enemy tank in the match (so aim assist). it has nothing to do with the minimap.

secondly, until someone official puts up an official policy, the NA server doesn't have an mod policy.
The laser pointer that they talk about is the one that shows where the enemy tank is aiming (i.e.gun pointed where) and it helps players DODGE shots. I saw a video where a guy played a battle in his T50-2 with it and was able to stay alive the entire battle after doing what would normally have been suiscout runs, because he knew where poeple were aiming and was able to zig zag away. I gave a friend at SIMP the link, he cheacked it out and told me it was a cheat and I did not installed it.

Was it usefull? Yes Did it give him an unfair advantage? HELL YES, Is this mod the same as the laser pointer? Maybe just the tiniest bit but not the same. Laser pointer shows you exactly where the gun is pointing enabling you to avoid getting shot and in theroy reveals the enemies postion because it leads BACK to where they are (i.e. That old Arty tracer cheat). This mod only shows you on the mini map whice direction the tanks gun is pointed and this information can be had because the tank is ALREADY SPOTTED by your team member who already knows which way the tank gun is facing. SO for me I say it is not a cheat because how many times in TS or game chat have you asked or been asked "which way is he looking" or told another player " he's looking at me"

you might have to go to full screen to see the laser and how this is a cheat

Edited by SACEUR, Jul 09 2013 - 19:01.

Zomosa #30 Posted Jul 09 2013 - 20:46

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41836 battles

View PostDemorg, on Jul 09 2013 - 09:51, said:

wow, did you even read the thread before your hasty post that has nothing to do with what the mod in question does? oh wait nevermind, i just answered my own question

Yes i did. It shows last known enemy positions and which way their gun is pointing. Your point is? If you really think this is a "Hack" then you should just uninstall this game. Because your just gonna say any mod is a hack. You should really pay more attention.

Paul92a #31 Posted Jul 10 2013 - 01:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24364 battles
My view on cheats/hacks. Does the mod just reconfigure already available information in a more usable way, or does it present information that is normally not available to the player. This mod doesnt present information that cant be accessed by the player (the enemy tank is currently spotted by a friendly team mate who could relay the information to you via chat or teamspeak) and so is a mod. If it showed that information when the enemy is no longer spotted it would be a cheat. Accessing data from the server that players shouldnt be able to see is a hack, as is changing server data streams.

My view for what its worth.

Aeristal #32 Posted Aug 02 2013 - 10:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24773 battles
  • [ORDER] ORDER
My opinion of this mod and map mods that draw the max view distance and last known location on your minimap is that they should come readily available within the game along with the ability to toggle your allies turret direction.
This mod and several other map mods do present information that cant be readily accessable by the player hence would offer an unfair advantage to the player and therefore should not be allow. (It would require an ally who was just looking at enemy turret position to present you with this information and their is no way in hell that everyone would be doing this for every enemy tank on the map.) Last known location is the same at offering an unfair advantage because your ability to memorize the last known positions of 15 different tanks while maintaining combat awareness isn't possible for most players.

Edited by Aeristal, Aug 02 2013 - 10:57.

coope42 #33 Posted Aug 17 2013 - 01:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 8802 battles
  • [SAS2] SAS2

View PostAeristal, on Aug 02 2013 - 10:54, said:

My opinion of this mod and map mods that draw the max view distance and last known location on your minimap is that they should come readily available within the game along with the ability to toggle your allies turret direction.
This mod and several other map mods do present information that cant be readily accessable by the player hence would offer an unfair advantage to the player and therefore should not be allow. (It would require an ally who was just looking at enemy turret position to present you with this information and their is no way in hell that everyone would be doing this for every enemy tank on the map.) Last known location is the same at offering an unfair advantage because your ability to memorize the last known positions of 15 different tanks while maintaining combat awareness isn't possible for most players.

ill bet your ass would be remembering that if you were in a real tank battle, now would ya?
i also bet you would be asking allies where they're looking too...

Belenas #34 Posted Aug 18 2013 - 07:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16757 battles
Serb was once quoted saying he does not think warpack is a cheat, just an advanced set of mods. This is harmless in comparison. They have been saying they would give us (NA Server) an actual mod policy for nearly a year now with nothing more than one blog post (referenced above) to show for it. It is pretty safe to say if they will not ban you for using warpack they will not ban you for this. Sad how the Russian server already has a warden like program and an actual list of banned mods (including warpack) while we are still bickering over the definition of cheating.

Monarchco #35 Posted Aug 18 2013 - 07:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13343 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

View PostCBARoughneck, on Jul 09 2013 - 04:55, said:

fella i built anti cheats replay programs for IGS in Ghost Recon i was a anti cheat admin in TWL and IGS leagues for americas army, ghost recon and call of duty, this far from being a cheat  come talk to me when you know what a hack is

and did you even read what i typed, if its up for download on WG in RU forums its allowed they have the hardest rules for cheating there, they ban your account for hit skins

Wait,,, I thought EU was worse than RU, them banning for all the different zoom mods, and all that stuff?

BigNaturals #36 Posted Aug 18 2013 - 09:29

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 55733 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
they are getting behind ru closely, But RU is way more strict you cant even have the color hit skins there

maverickmechanic #37 Posted Aug 18 2013 - 20:59

Private

• Players
  • 3804 battles

View PostCBARoughneck, on Jul 09 2013 - 04:55, said:

:angry: its just dumb

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users