World of Tanks xBox 360 edition

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

LOLOLzers123 #1 Posted Jul 09 2013 - 02:18

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Hello, I recently tried to play world of tanks on xbox (beta). I figured out that I needed a gold subscription. I think while at least its in beta it should be completly free. They would get way more people willing to play. It's not that im not willing to pay I dont have the money. I have probably $300 put in on PC version (check my account, many premiums). This is very sad. I know that its partly Microsofts fault but what the ****

This is redicilous. Your game is in BETA. BBBEEETTTAAA....Some people barely play xbox like me, and would like to just play WoT (they have access to xbox or have one but dont play that often) but they arent willing to fork up the money. wow.

Abject_McDeath #2 Posted Jul 09 2013 - 02:19

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
if youre good at something never do it for free, right?

panzer2363 #3 Posted Jul 09 2013 - 02:20

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
lol its microsoft you should know there so gready that if they could, would take your first born chields virginity

KhaoticLoki #4 Posted Jul 09 2013 - 02:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
You're on the wrong forums.

NinjaJohenes48 #5 Posted Jul 09 2013 - 02:27

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostLOLOLzers123, on Jul 09 2013 - 02:18, said:

Hello, I recently tried to play world of tanks on xbox (beta). I figured out that I needed a gold subscription. I think while at least its in beta it should be completly free. They would get way more people willing to play. It's not that im not willing to pay I dont have the money. I have probably $300 put in on PC version (check my account, many premiums). This is very sad. I know that its partly Microsofts fault but what the ****

This is redicilous. Your game is in BETA. BBBEEETTTAAA....Some people barely play xbox like me, and would like to just play WoT (they have access to xbox or have one but dont play that often) but they arent willing to fork up the money. wow.
It's not Wargaming's fault. Microsofts Xbox live will not allow you to play ANY game online without gold. It can't be changed. It's the rule of Xbox live.
and it is ALL microsofts fault.

jimmy2two #6 Posted Jul 09 2013 - 02:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
you are not missing much lol unless they updated it since i last played maybe like 1 week ago then really don't worry about it. they only have 2 nations Germany and USA and you can only use the t1 tanks. although the one thing I did like was the first person mode when you aim. pretty cool. until they update it though i wouldn't worry about it.

Tuchanka #7 Posted Jul 09 2013 - 02:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
You're not missing out on much. I tried it the first day there were no tier limits for the matchmaker.

EJ_TANK #8 Posted Jul 09 2013 - 02:37

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
did you hear what they were planing on doing with the new xbox? it has since changed just recently, but the plan was to have every game you buy would be outamatically slaved to THAT xbox, meaning you could never trade it in when your done with it, you could never take it over a friends house, or if your box broke you would have to be a whole new disk of a game you already own just to play it on the replacement xbox. and this move surprises you? granted that its a shady move but it shouldnt have caught you by surprise. but unlike most if not all complaints on these forums, its not wargaming's fault.

Llathrum #9 Posted Jul 09 2013 - 02:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
I proposed that they put the game on the Wii or Wii U as they already have the right interface for WoT and War Thunder. As it is a simple connection to the WoT server through the internet, why should someone have to pay for X-Box live to access their own internet service to play a free game. The Wii has direct internet accesss, why doesn't the X-Box have it? Fact is I can connect to a Movie sight and watch my paid for service on there to see new movie releases.

Again why can't WoT allow the software to connect directly to their servers? My Wii can, I would love to see it happen, and the best part is you can still trade Wii points for gold.

Tuchanka #10 Posted Jul 09 2013 - 03:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostLlathrum, on Jul 09 2013 - 02:38, said:

I proposed that they put the game on the Wii or Wii U as they already have the right interface for WoT and War Thunder. As it is a simple connection to the WoT server through the internet, why should someone have to pay for X-Box live to access their own internet service to play a free game. The Wii has direct internet accesss, why doesn't the X-Box have it? Fact is I can connect to a Movie sight and watch my paid for service on there to see new movie releases.

Again why can't WoT allow the software to connect directly to their servers? My Wii can, I would love to see it happen, and the best part is you can still trade Wii points for gold.
It's not that simple. There are graphic card differences between a PC and a Wii U.

ThirdxxxEye #11 Posted Jul 11 2013 - 18:24

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
So you get your PC internet for free? I don't I pay more for my ISP a month than the under 5 bucks it is for xbox live.  Why would u be able to play a fully online game without xbox live gold.  Believe it or not the majority of xbox users don't use a gold account if Microsoft just let everyone play online for free they would be bankrupt in no time its not like they are the ones making money of the games and once u buy your console that's it no more money going to them so they need a gold subscription to not get blown away by other companies.

Harpoon450 #12 Posted Jul 12 2013 - 04:10

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
Developers

Thank you for allowing me to participate in the Xbox beta.  Here are some initial observations taking into account the early development of the game.

1.  The game feels much less precise and more arcade like than the PC version.  The Xbox controller does not allow for precision movement like keyboard control.
2.  The inability to control fine zoom is frustrating, dis-orienting, and potentially nauseating for some.  This is my biggest suggestion for improvement.
3.  Hopefully the vehicle improvement "packages" are an interim feature.  They dumb the game down and make it feel even more arcade like.  They also take away from the progressive nature of the game and make it much less interesting and addictive.  As it stands it did not hold my interest.
4.  As you flesh out the "to be added"  features I hope you do not oversimplify them for the reasons in item three.
5.  If your intent is to create a simpler arcade game then I think you will cater to a different player base.  That may be great from a business development standpoint, however I hope you do not divert effort from the PC game.  I am an example of an adult player nearing 5000 battles and I have spent several hundred dollars on the game as it is of late my primary gaming past time.  I would not spend anything on an arcade version and I am not sure the arcade crowd would have the money to do so either.

keep up the great work on a game I love and sometimes hate (and could you at least partly un-nerf the arty in a future update?)

thanks

MacEmge #13 Posted Jul 12 2013 - 13:32

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
Ok, so I was on the beta yesterday, and I was messing around in options with the controller modes. I eventually went back to choosing "southpaw", but once I was in a game, it was switched to "control A"! Afterwards, I went into my options again, and chose southpaw, then I switched tabs and came back to the controller options-it had switched again! For some reason, only "control C" didn't switch. Ideas?

hvacmaster #14 Posted Jul 13 2013 - 05:15

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
Is it just my tv or are the graphics just horrid on the 360 version.  Its like playing on a ps1 imho.  Hope they do something better with it.

steve283 #15 Posted Jul 13 2013 - 21:43

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostMacEmge, on Jul 12 2013 - 13:32, said:

Ok, so I was on the beta yesterday, and I was messing around in options with the controller modes. I eventually went back to choosing "southpaw", but once I was in a game, it was switched to "control A"! Afterwards, I went into my options again, and chose southpaw, then I switched tabs and came back to the controller options-it had switched again! For some reason, only "control C" didn't switch. Ideas?

steve283 #16 Posted Jul 13 2013 - 21:45

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
I'm having that same issue and I am seriously angry. I'd like to just switch back, but it seems to be the only option that doesn't confirm on selecting it.

viglen #17 Posted Jul 30 2013 - 19:54

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
hi

D22013 #18 Posted Aug 02 2013 - 16:06

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
For real, this game SUCKS! plane and simple, you can't buy anything, and yet somehow everyones TANK is stronger and way faster then yours, you really are doing yourself a favor by not playing this PoS!!!!!

cougar_13 #19 Posted Aug 04 2013 - 16:16

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
i am a live streamer and it would work out for me and some other people that i'm friends with that live stream with me it would be great if u would add a thing for me to to live stream because i do not have a dvpvr

Nuclear_Wolf #20 Posted Aug 08 2013 - 00:33

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
Thanks for the beta! I have noticed two things:
1: When I die in my Easy 2 Sherman, the body of the tank flips upwards and it looks very awkward.
2: I cannot buy the VK3601H; It said I do not have the right amount of credits when I had over 1,000,000.

Thanks again!
  :smile: