Run n Gun tactics question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

SargentOddBall #1 Posted Jul 13 2013 - 22:44

Major

• Players
  • 8774 battles
So, iv'e been reading quite a bit about "running and gunning" with the E8. My equipment is suited to run n gun, i have a rammer, vert stab, and vents. I also have the snapshot skill. However, I'm having problems during execution of the tactic. I know what it is, I just don't know where to do it at. What sort of places should I be looking for? Where should I avoid going if I want to run n gun? Thanks.

HOTA_CHATON #2 Posted Jul 13 2013 - 22:48

Major

• Players
  • 10232 battles
  • [-BAT-] -BAT-
Biggest mistake is doing it in a wide open area where you are a visible target for a while.  I would think it would be best suited for maps like Himmelsdork or a map like that.

adience #3 Posted Jul 13 2013 - 22:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15866 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Your tank is fairly slow and large. Running and gunning isn't even a reliable tactic.

If you really want to do so, however, target large flat tanks and make sure you have some open ground to circle them in and cover to retreat when things get hairy.

You could also try 1v1ing while shifting position constantly to confuse their shot.

F0x_v2 #4 Posted Jul 13 2013 - 22:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 4537 battles
At the beginning of matches rush to a chokepoint where enemy tanks are going to be going or crossing and pop a couple of shots off then retreat and disappear. Just keep your eyes open for engagements then while both sides of tanks are busy fighting on a certain flank slip in and take some shots then fall back. just keep your open on the mini map and try to determine where you may be able to slip in for flank shots without getting detected or taking damage. I hope this helps

SargentOddBall #5 Posted Jul 13 2013 - 22:58

Major

• Players
  • 8774 battles

View Postadience, on Jul 13 2013 - 22:49, said:

Your tank is fairly slow and large. Running and gunning isn't even a reliable tactic.

If you really want to do so, however, target large flat tanks and make sure you have some open ground to circle them in and cover to retreat when things get hairy.

You could also try 1v1ing while shifting position constantly to confuse their shot.
Well, i'm trying to do new things with my E8. Really wanting it to work. The second idea sounds the best, however.

View PostF0x_v2, on Jul 13 2013 - 22:52, said:

At the beginning of matches rush to a chokepoint where enemy tanks are going to be going or crossing and pop a couple of shots off then retreat and disappear. Just keep your eyes open for engagements then while both sides of tanks are busy fighting on a certain flank slip in and take some shots then fall back. just keep your open on the mini map and try to determine where you may be able to slip in for flank shots without getting detected or taking damage. I hope this helps

Yes, thanks.

F0x_v2 #6 Posted Jul 13 2013 - 23:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 4537 battles
That's good.. Also you might want to try coated optics or binocs instead of vents, you can still have your hit and run mind set but with the ability to detect tanks before they detect you that way you can get the first couple shots off.