Thoughts on the Leopard Prototype after 100 battles

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

3BAC #21 Posted Aug 05 2013 - 06:18

Major

• Wiki Staff
  • 0 battles

View PostSlambob, on Aug 04 2013 - 04:58, said:

You're not kidding, with less armor than the T50-2 had, slow gun reload, and next to no gun depression to defend yourself with it is definitely a challenging tank.

I have wet ammo and safe storage but I still lose the ammo almost every game and quite often twice. It is kinda amazing that you can take a shot that breaks your track, penetrates the hull and takes out the ammo all in one go on a regular basis.

I know sit back and snipe, unfortunately your team and the map dictate how you have to play plus the other team has to be kind enough to sit still in the open and allow you multiple long range shots.
This is my issue with the thing.  Wet ammo and safe storage and I still get racked every game, sometimes twice.  It is completely ridiculous how much that happens.  It is a great sniper tank though, so if the map will let you snipe, that is what I do. It is also effective as a get in and get out, with its speed.

Slambob #22 Posted Aug 05 2013 - 07:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Post3BAC, on Aug 05 2013 - 06:18, said:

This is my issue with the thing.  Wet ammo and safe storage and I still get racked every game, sometimes twice.  It is completely ridiculous how much that happens.  It is a great sniper tank though, so if the map will let you snipe, that is what I do. It is also effective as a get in and get out, with its speed.
Ya know I am wondering if maybe the wet ammo and safe storage are just not worth it on this tank and maybe a different piece of equipment and skill would benefit the tank more. I don't know maybe they are stopping us from being one shot and your punishment is a long reload on top of an already long reload. It just sucks that it happens so often.

Ice_King #23 Posted Aug 06 2013 - 00:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
With ammo racking, just dont let them hit the front, as the rack is in front. Show then your sides, even your ass, if you have to, as fires are not a problem in this tank (weird saying that about a German tank).

My issue is pen. At the distances I try to snipe and view-range kite, I cant pen these sloped russian tanks. The pen numbers are amazing, but I still have issues at my ranges.

TheGunBunny #24 Posted Aug 06 2013 - 00:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Ammo is in the turret too, so you will get racked there every time...As a PTA get used to it. Leo1 is just as bad.

Hellgrunt #25 Posted Aug 06 2013 - 07:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostTheGunBunny, on Aug 06 2013 - 00:36, said:

Ammo is in the turret too, so you will get racked there every time...As a PTA get used to it. Leo1 is just as bad.

Dude do you enjoy being wrong?  :facepalm:  The ammo rack is not in the turret! The Ammo rack on the PTA is located in the front of the hull. That's why every hit to the hull especially the front damages the ammo rack. Having no hull armor doesn't help either.

TheGunBunny #26 Posted Aug 06 2013 - 18:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostHellgrunt, on Aug 06 2013 - 07:44, said:

Dude do you enjoy being wrong?  :facepalm:  The ammo rack is not in the turret! The Ammo rack on the PTA is located in the front of the hull. That's why every hit to the hull especially the front damages the ammo rack. Having no hull armor doesn't help either.
The paints I have seen show ammo on the sides of the turret. Now are you done insulting or you going to throw some emotes out...

Edited by TheGunBunny, Aug 06 2013 - 18:49.

Hellgrunt #27 Posted Aug 06 2013 - 21:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostTheGunBunny, on Aug 06 2013 - 18:41, said:

The paints I have seen show ammo on the sides of the turret. Now are you done insulting or you going to throw some emotes out...
The paints you've seen show the loaders position in the turret not the hit rack, but judging from your past posts your to dumb to realize that. :facepalm:
No I'm not done with the with the trolling or emotes. :trollface:
As long as you continue to post bad info I will continue to troll you. :playing:
Do my emotes make you mad, :angry:  and cry. :arta:  mission accomplished. :trollface:

Edited by Hellgrunt, Aug 06 2013 - 23:02.

ColonelVonLuck #28 Posted Aug 06 2013 - 23:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Since the Leo line doesn't suffer from the fire problems commonly found on German tanks, I run double repair kits to combat the weak ammo rack.

TheGunBunny #29 Posted Aug 07 2013 - 00:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostHellgrunt, on Aug 06 2013 - 21:15, said:

The paints you've seen show the loaders position in the turret not the hit rack, but judging from your past posts you're too dumb to realize that. :facepalm:
No I'm not done with the with the trolling or emotes. :trollface:
As long as you continue to post bad info I will continue to troll you. :playing:
Do my emotes make you mad, :angry:  and cry. :arta:  mission accomplished. :trollface:
Once again I win, you respond with bad grammar and emotes.

Hellgrunt #30 Posted Aug 07 2013 - 06:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostTheGunBunny, on Aug 07 2013 - 00:19, said:

*Its unbelievable that a person can be as stupid as you. You actually think that failing is winning? :facepalm:

*All of you postings have been proven wrong! and your tactical advice just plain retarded.:facepalm:

*what did you win little boy? Honestly I've never met someone as dumb as you.:tongue:

*The more you cry over my emotes , :arta:  The more i give you dumbass. :facepalm:

*You have done it again! when proven wrong you attack grammar, and cry over emotes,:arta: instead of defending yourself? :facepalm:

*I'm starting to pity you, your obviously mentally challenged and live a sheltered life away from the public. :ohmy:

Silavite #31 Posted Aug 07 2013 - 07:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostHellgrunt, on Aug 06 2013 - 07:44, said:

View PostTheGunBunny, on Aug 06 2013 - 18:41, said:

View PostTheGunBunny, on Aug 07 2013 - 00:19, said:

View PostHellgrunt, on Aug 07 2013 - 06:35, said:

*Its unbelievable that a person can be as stupid as you. You actually think that failing is winning? :facepalm:
*All of you postings have been proven wrong! and your tactical advice just plain retarded. :facepalm:
*what did you win little boy? Honestly I've never met someone as dumb as you. :tongue:
*The more you cry over my emotes , :arta:  The more i give you dumbass. :facepalm:
*You have done it again! when proven wrong you attack grammar, and cry over emotes, :arta: instead of defending yourself? :facepalm:
*I'm starting to pity you, your obviously mentally challenged and live a sheltered life away from the public. :ohmy:
STOP FIGHTING YOU DOLTS! THIS IS NOT THE FLAME WARS SECTION!!!

Edited by Silavite, Aug 07 2013 - 07:06.

TheGunBunny #32 Posted Aug 07 2013 - 17:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
I enjoy putting one sentence down and have him so mad he types like mad to respond. He doesn't realize I don't care about his opinion at all. He believes he is trolling me but he is putting all the effort in, while I just say something small and he goes batty. I just imagine him sitting at his desk going "oh I'll show him that he is stupid!" *type type type* It takes zero effort to make him respond, which I am wondering how long he will do it for.

Hellgrunt #33 Posted Aug 07 2013 - 20:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostTheGunBunny, on Aug 07 2013 - 17:12, said:

I enjoy putting one sentence down and have him so mad he types like mad to respond. He doesn't realize I don't care about his opinion at all. He believes he is trolling me but he is putting all the effort in, while I just say something small and he goes batty. I just imagine him sitting at his desk going "oh I'll show him that he is stupid!" *type type type* It takes zero effort to make him respond, which I am wondering how long he will do it for.

yeah right! you think to much of yourself. :tongue:

Truth is im here with 2 friends amazed at how stupid you are and were laughing our assess off. :teethhappy:
But trolling you is getting old now, its been fun, you've been stupidly easy to troll. :trollface:
Honestly you should punch yourself in the face a few times and visit reality.:hiding:

N00BSAIB0T #34 Posted Aug 07 2013 - 20:18

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I had enough free gold that I received to completely skip past the Leo Proto, which I did. Since I still like Tier 9s, I went and bought it anyways to try it out. It's a solid tank, and you can make up for its squishy armor, but the only thing that killed it for me was the long reload time (like 12 seconds with a good crew and equipment). I figured that my T-54 is a more solid Tier 9 medium and already having the Leopard 1 made keeping the Leo Proto unnecessary.

TheGunBunny #35 Posted Aug 07 2013 - 21:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostHellgrunt, on Aug 07 2013 - 20:02, said:

yeah right! you think too much of yourself. :tongue:
Truth is i'm here with 2 friends amazed at how stupid you are and we're laughing our assess off. :teethhappy:
But trolling you is getting old now, its been fun, you've been stupidly easy to troll. :trollface:
Honestly you should punch yourself in the face a few times and visit reality. :hiding:
Once again, I win. You responded...sooo angry

Edited by TheGunBunny, Aug 07 2013 - 21:48.

RogueStriker #36 Posted Aug 07 2013 - 22:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostAntonioHandsome, on Jul 30 2013 - 16:10, said:

Yeah, don't do it, the 90mm is completely ineffective at tier 9.

This man knows his stuff.

Hellgrunt #37 Posted Aug 08 2013 - 01:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostTheGunBunny, on Aug 07 2013 - 21:47, said:

Once again, I win. You responded...sooo angry
Do you know the difference between being angry and having fun with friends (you probably have no friends?) I'm having so much fun trolling your stupidity and my buddies are getting a hell of a kick out of this. So please continue. :teethhappy:
Again I'm not angry at all just the opposite I'm loving this. Although with the gallons of tears you've shed crying, :arta: and not being able to defend yourself, its obvious your quite mad :angry:
Heres are some emotes of what I've turned you into in order. :tongue::facepalm::angry::arta::child::arta::facepalm:

Edited by Hellgrunt, Aug 08 2013 - 02:09.

Hellgrunt #38 Posted Aug 08 2013 - 02:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostRogueStriker, on Aug 07 2013 - 22:15, said:

This man knows his stuff.

I got the 105mm at the 50 battle mark, and had a 37% win rate with the 90mm.
I'm now at 100 battles improved my win rate to 50% so far.
I've also drastically improved my damage rate, survival rate, and XP.
I cant stress how important it is to get the 105mm as soon as possible. IMO. The long reload is manageable, but  its better than bouncing and tickling the enemy with the 90mm.  :honoring:

TheGunBunny #39 Posted Aug 08 2013 - 16:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostHellgrunt, on Aug 08 2013 - 01:54, said:

Do you know the difference between being angry and having fun with friends (you probably have no friends?) I'm having so much fun trolling your stupidity and my buddies are getting a hell of a kick out of this. So please continue. :teethhappy:
Again I'm not angry at all just the opposite I'm loving this. Although with the gallons of tears you've shed crying, :arta: and not being able to defend yourself, its obvious your quite mad :angry:
Heres are some emotes of what I've turned you into in order. :tongue::facepalm::angry: :arta::child::arta::facepalm:
I win, you responded again. More emotes, bad grammar and protests how you are not mad. "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." Hamlet Act 3, Scene 2

Hellgrunt #40 Posted Aug 08 2013 - 21:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Here's everything in emotes for you.
Me - :veryhappy::trollface::teethhappy::veryhappy:
You:izmena::arta::child::medal:  :angry:
Telling the story in emotes for you just might get through. If not, Nothing will. Now defend yourself by attacking the grammar and crying over the emotes.
"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity." Unknown soldier

Edited by Hellgrunt, Aug 08 2013 - 21:18.