Team killers

team damage killers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

BodyGuardOfLies #1 Posted Jul 16 2013 - 22:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Do you have a problem with team killers on the NA server?  It is an issue in Europe as a result of the ineffective automated system that is in place to punish offenders. If you have a minute please have your say.

http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

Thank you

WiscOrangy #2 Posted Jul 16 2013 - 22:14

Major

• Players
  • 13630 battles
Our system is the same...

ASSASSIN_0_II_0_NISSASSA #3 Posted Jul 16 2013 - 22:21

Captain

• Players
  • 20437 battles
  • [TOON] TOON
Team killers are a problem in every game on every continent on every server since muliplayer games existed with 'friendly' fire possible.

It happens in real battles too. "Blue on Blue" as the British call it.

You are talking about intentional teamkillers?

Kill them when they turn blue.

Vanagandr #4 Posted Jul 16 2013 - 22:27

Major

• Players
  • 22475 battles
  • [JOTUN] JOTUN
It's not a huge problem here, although I don't have any experience on other servers to compare it to. It is possible that since the language barrier is much less of an issue on the NA server, people can communicate issues more effectively, and with less frustration.

Frostoid42 #5 Posted Jul 16 2013 - 22:27

Private

• Players
  • 438 battles
i cant stand team killers, team wounders are just as bad. ive been shot several times by a team mate, only to watch them drive off into the sunset leaving me with half health to deal with a flank alone. i have sadly team killed at least once. i had a sniper shot lined up at around 350-400 yards and right when i clicked my mouse and my shot took off, a team mate drove right in front of my sights and killed him.i felt horrible

Warmines #6 Posted Jul 16 2013 - 22:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 11420 battles
  • [_W-M_] _W-M_
There is nothing you can do.  The official position of WoT is they don't care who started it.  So any attempt at protection or self defense can only lead to you getting banned.  Just smile and nod and continue on.  As far as friendly fire, it happens.  Don't feel bad about it.  People have to be aware enough to know if they cut in front of a gun that is obviously aiming, they may take damage.  The responsibility is theirs.

panzershreck65 #7 Posted Jul 16 2013 - 22:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12431 battles
  • [TBFPA] TBFPA
this weekend i got team killed in my T34 for absolutely no reason by a T57 heavy (not a tank i get excited to see on the enemy team) it was clearly not an accident, he hit me 4 times and my allies did nothing to him for it. but team killing is not a big deal on american servers. Russians team kill one another constantly. (see a lot of Russians in test servers) they just do it for fun. and if this thing about team killing terms being different on European servers, then i can only imagine how bad it is. just try to avoid running in front of guys who clearly have the shot on the guy and don't piss anyone off. it tends to work.

NZInfidel #8 Posted Jul 16 2013 - 22:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9849 battles
  • [LTD] LTD
i see maybe i in 30 games where there is a team killer.
i chose to stay out of it unless i am the victim,then of course i will retalite.

one of the worst cases i have seen was at the start of a battle and i noticed the enemy where killing each other,my team just sat there untill they had finished.
we only had to face 8 tanks after that.

BodyGuardOfLies #9 Posted Jul 16 2013 - 23:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostWarmines, on Jul 16 2013 - 22:37, said:

There is nothing you can do.  The official position of WoT is they don't care who started it.  So any attempt at protection or self defense can only lead to you getting banned.  Just smile and nod and continue on.  As far as friendly fire, it happens.  Don't feel bad about it.  People have to be aware enough to know if they cut in front of a gun that is obviously aiming, they may take damage.  The responsibility is theirs.

I have had platoon mate do it to me and I have hit friendly's by accident as well but the issue is with the guys who are so arrogant that they will tk if they feel like it or if they don't get their own way. The problem is that these guys know that it is almost impossible to get a ban for it. Check out the comments on this you tube clip to see how a player can manipulate the automated system.

http://forum.rowtc.r...ly-team-killing

Edited by BodyGuardOfLies, Jul 16 2013 - 23:53.

jwden123 #10 Posted Jul 16 2013 - 23:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2157 battles
Team Killers are probably juveniles that think they are being funny when in reality they are just obnoxious.

I will kill any blue tank I see without hesitation.

DemetriousII #11 Posted Jul 16 2013 - 23:48

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11621 battles
I TK a tier 3 fail platoon last night that got into our tier 6-8 match. Funny thing is they are so weak you don't even turn blue.

BodyGuardOfLies #12 Posted Jul 16 2013 - 23:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostDemetriousII, on Jul 16 2013 - 23:48, said:

I TK a tier 3 fail platoon last night that got into our tier 6-8 match. Funny thing is they are so weak you don't even turn blue.

The fact that you know that the automated system is triggered by the amount of damage dealt proves that you as many other players know how to manipulate the system and is proof positive that the system is flawed.

TheMarine0341 #13 Posted Jul 17 2013 - 21:16

Captain

• Players
  • 13775 battles
  • [REL_3] REL_3
99.9% of the time my team damage is because the idiot in the light tank tries to dash in front of my heavy while actively engaging an enemy heavy. Im zoomed in. Im not going to see you. Your damn fault

thunderbearr #14 Posted Jul 18 2013 - 19:11

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4206 battles
  • [W-M-D] W-M-D

View PostFrostoid42, on Jul 16 2013 - 22:27, said:

i cant stand team killers, team wounders are just as bad. ive been shot several times by a team mate, only to watch them drive off into the sunset leaving me with half health to deal with a flank alone. i have sadly team killed at least once. i had a sniper shot lined up at around 350-400 yards and right when i clicked my mouse and my shot took off, a team mate drove right in front of my sights and killed him.i felt horrible

Been there, done that.

thunderbearr #15 Posted Jul 18 2013 - 19:15

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4206 battles
  • [W-M-D] W-M-D
I witnessed an intentional TK by someone with a Wallet Warrior tank.  It was at Port yesterday.  He intentionally pushed our arty (whom he spawned next to) off the pier and into the water.  I was next to him and pointed my gun at him and told him 'Not Cool'.  His response was 'F*ck you', and he shoved my M5 off the pier.  I got a shot off but it was too late.  Everyone on the team reported him, as did the 'Red' team once we made it known what had happened.

Oh, and the kicker?  The ass hat reported ME for shooting at him.  o.O

I can only hope the system works and he enjoys his 'vacation'

Moononu #16 Posted Sep 24 2013 - 09:11

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8903 battles
Sadly - we all now know the 'reporting' system is a placebo. Every looked up a team-killer after everyone says the reported him - still playing, still racking up their games just about every day? Yup

I just had a typical team-killer. Tier 8 match - me in VK2801, in El Hallouf. T32 says "go scout' fires a shot at me. I'm waiting for the dust to settle and the first flurry of action to settle and I move away to wait for an opportunity to do good (I mean - if you try to rush to the other side or the river bed in the first few minutes - you're tracked before you get halfway and then 2 secs after you're dead..... dead tanks are no use to anyone!).

The T32 follows me across the map and shoots me - once to track and the next time to team-kill me. Afterwards he crows and says "you were shit, I'm glad".

Of course, I've reported it and sent the video in - and I know I'll get the 'cut and paste' "we don't care" response. But it's happening more often now - scouting is much harder after all the nerfs and on some maps there is just no way to scout immediately - you have to pick your moments and tread carefully - but there are still people like the T32 that think a scouts job is to die and light up a target somewhere for 3 seconds.

I mean, I know the T32 is a total loser and a coward - but he got a token silver penalty and nothing else - for being a bully. It is a problem, in all other walks of life in the e-space - bullying is being reined in - other games have strong sanctions for it... why not in WG?

Oh and to add insult to injury - I get zero eff for that fight.... the T32's stats don't suffer one bit..... go figure

FangTheCat #17 Posted Sep 24 2013 - 11:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 2623 battles
I think the evidence from the Test Server that the Russian players Team Kill all the time just for hoots and giggles can be ignored - what's done on the test server stays on the test server so, its nor really a good example of what happens on the real RU server.

I play on the NA server when the EU server is down or when I get sick of the tanks I have over there and I don't think there's much difference. I did notice a slight trend that that artillery gets a rougher deal on the NA server, but apart from that its much the same.

I myself have no problem if I'm hit in a genuine attempt to get at the enemy - just yesterday I was splatted by our arty, however the circumstances were that I was face hugging in a Comet against a high tier heavy and was likely to die eventually, so no big deal. And if you drive out in front of a friendly who is scoping the enemy and you pick up a high velocity message from that friendly - thats your own fault.

HOWEVER what really gets me annoyed is when it's team damage done deliberately or through total carelessness. If I pick up a round in the jacksy driving from the start point just because some dork has decided to fire his gun because he felt like it - I have no compunction with stopping, letting the offender get out of the cap circle and then letting rip at him. If he then returns fire I'll keep on firing at him until one of us is dead.

I see it as not some much team damage as 'expensive lessons'. By all means fire off your gun at the start (although why people do that god only knows) but just make sure you discharge your weapon in a safe manner.

Nekony #18 Posted Sep 24 2013 - 14:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3657 battles
For those complaining that your "reports" on Tk'ers are being ignored; Yes, they are now ignored.
The system is now automated, so there is no need to report TK or FF incidents or send in replays or screen shots.

Now if the TK'er is abusing game physics like pushing you into the deep water or off a cliff, breaking your aim and/or pushing you into the line of fire, or ramming/scraping you to cause you to incure team damage, DO still report and send in replays or screen shots.
See:
http://forum.worldof...ll-auto-system/

vanwag #19 Posted Sep 24 2013 - 16:03

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12660 battles
Personally I haven't seen an intentional team kill since school started back up...

Dogsoldier6 #20 Posted Sep 24 2013 - 16:12

Captain

• Players
  • 32173 battles
  • [GBEAR] GBEAR
I cannot agree with those whom say the system doesn't work when I know a couple of players whom have been banned for TKs. They were also given their walking papers out of the clan once we were made aware of it.

I just cannot say how much the offenders had to do to earn the ban, that is a state secret within WoT I guess............