XVM Explained

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

GaiusMaximus101 #1 Posted Jul 18 2013 - 03:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3905 battles
Hi all,

Just installed Aslains XVM mod. Its pretty and has a ton of stats.  Not just stats, but colors!  So many stats and colors that most of them I have no clue on.  Is there a highly detailed guide that exaplins what each and every stat and each and every color code means??  

Thanks!

Nimrodor #2 Posted Jul 18 2013 - 03:58

Major

• Players
  • 12818 battles
He explains what all of the stats mean on his download page.

Posted Image

Here's a random in-battle screenshot.

Using my stats as an example.

From left to right:
5k- number of battles played, total.
1114- WN6 rating of player
52%- overall win rate
1h- number of hundreds of battle played in that specific tank. In this case, it shows that I have roughly 100 battles in the T-34-85.
57%- Win rate the player has in the tank he's currently using.

For the other team, left to right:
1h-number of battles played in that tank
48%- win rate in that tank
1k- total battles played
636- WN6
51%- overall win rate

Basic stuff:

Player stat colors-
Red: bad
Orange: Not so great
Yellow: Average
Light Green: Above average
Green: Good
Blue: Great
Purple: Plz don't show up on the other team, stat gods.

Tank name colors-

Red: Heavy
Blue: TD
Green: Light
Purple: Arty
Yellow: Medium

Cartwright #3 Posted Jul 18 2013 - 04:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 58548 battles
XVM comes with a readme doc the breaks it all down.

TDRHooRaH #4 Posted Jul 18 2013 - 04:05

Major

• Players
  • 24020 battles
I Prefer Quickybabys config.

Clean and simple.

GaiusMaximus101 #5 Posted Jul 18 2013 - 04:26

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3905 battles
Thanks for the quick reply!

He does explain a lot on his download page but not everything.

I have no readme doc with my XVM installation. Wish I did.

Ok so more quesitons based on your example.
From left to right:

5k- number of battles played, total.
1114- WN6 rating of player
52%- overall win rate
1h- number of hundreds of battle played in that specific tank. In this case, it shows that I have roughly 100 battles in the T-34-85.
57%- Win rate the player has in the tank he's currently using.

Why is 5K green? what are the cutoffs that determine color?
What is WN6: i.e. what stats go into it?  What are the color cutoffs?
Why is 1h red? what are color cutoffs?

While not in your example, when I get the same loading screen the players names are colored.. what do those colors mean?  Its not the same color as overall win rate.. is it number of battles?  if so do you know what the cutoffs are?

partisan1941 #6 Posted Jul 18 2013 - 04:34

Captain

• Players
  • 30989 battles
  • [27PZR] 27PZR

View PostNimrodor, on Jul 18 2013 - 03:58, said:

Here's a random in-battle screenshot.

:trollface:  I see what u did there lol. All those blues on enemy side and all those reds on ur side hehehe. Suuure, just another random battle - I hate how mm likes to put all the fails to one side (sarcasm)

Melchior037 #7 Posted Jul 18 2013 - 04:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 10411 battles
  • [BASIN] BASIN

View PostGaiusMaximus101, on Jul 18 2013 - 04:26, said:

From left to right:

While not in your example, when I get the same loading screen the players names are colored.. what do those colors mean?  Its not the same color as overall win rate.. is it number of battles?  if so do you know what the cutoffs are?
It's based on what percentage of games people have played overall.  If you're green, generally you're in the 60th percentile or so.  WN6 is largely based on kills per game, damage per game and defense points per game just because before stats were truly measured the best players had more of these than any other (and it's easy to see how killing the other team better and more efficiently while not getting capped out leads to more wins).  Cutoffs for games played generally isn't worth knowing/wasting your time on.  It's the WN6 that generally shows the skills of the player.

Nimrodor #8 Posted Jul 18 2013 - 04:44

Major

• Players
  • 12818 battles

View PostGaiusMaximus101, on Jul 18 2013 - 04:26, said:

From left to right:

Player name color is the same as their WN6 rating.
WN6 cutoffs are as following (I believe):

up to 700: red
700-900: orange
900-1100: yellow
1100-1400: light green
1400-1500: bright green
1500-1700: blue
1700-2000:purple
2000+: magenta

Or something like that. I'm not sure about the blue cutoff.

0-2k: red
2k-3k: orange
3k-4k: yellow
5k-7k: green
7k-10k: blue
10k+: Purple

again, it's approximate, but mostly correct.

1h: red
2h: orange
3h: yellow
4h: green
5h-6h: blue
7h+: Somebody really likes their tank, and it turns purple.

Win Rate:

<40%: Please...no...get off my team...
40-45%: red
46%-48%: orange
48%-50%: yellow
50%-53%: green
54%-59%: blue
60%+ : ohmigash twilight sparkle!

Aslain has a screenshot with each stat labelled on his mod page.

GaiusMaximus101 #9 Posted Jul 18 2013 - 07:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3905 battles
Awesome detailed response!  :teethhappy:   I think I understand that particular screen now.

By his mod page, do you mean this one? http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/35966-087-aslains-xvm-mod-v2810-upd-04072013/

Now what about the Service record screen?  I think I understand the numerical column on the far right in gold color.  Is the formula =  my score (ave score for players of that veh)/ max score for players of that veh) ?

But I am completely lost on the three new rows of data.
When I click service record and then overall results I get the following new rows and am pretty lost on what it means (I indicate its color in brackets):
WN6:  27 [orange]  (663) [red]   EFF: 60 [green]  (1265) [green]  TWR: 46.54% [orange]
Avg Level: 1.9  Spotted: 1.12  Defence: 1.52  Capture: 5.16

Then when I click on a particualr vehicle I get another new row which i am equally lost on (color indicated by brackets):
E: 6 [green} (1285) [green]  Spec dmg: 1.32 [blue] (0.50/3.24) [gold]  Spotted:  - (0.87/4.46) [gold]

If I can get these figured out then I think i can use XVM :amazed:

Thanks for all the good info!

OrangesLuvMe #10 Posted Jul 18 2013 - 16:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 29958 battles
  • [GMONK] GMONK

View PostGaiusMaximus101, on Jul 18 2013 - 07:25, said:

Now what about the Service record screen?  I think I understand the numerical column on the far right in gold color.  Is the formula =  my score (ave score for players of that veh)/ max score for players of that veh) ?

You are correct, though I believe the average score/max score is for players over a certain number of battles.

But I am completely lost on the three new rows of data.
When I click service record and then overall results I get the following new rows and am pretty lost on what it means (I indicate its color in brackets):
WN6:  27 [orange]  (663) [red]   EFF: 60 [green]  (1265) [green]  TWR: 46.54% [orange]
Avg Level: 1.9  Spotted: 1.12  Defence: 1.52  Capture: 5.16

For the overall results, it shows the WN6 2-digit rating (your WN6 score placed on a 0-99 sclae), WN6 score, Efficiency 2-digit rating (your efficiency score placed on a 0-99 scale), and Efficiency score. From what I understand, TWR is supposed to stand for Tourist Win Ratio (though I like to understand it as True Win Rate). Basically, the intention is to have a formula that calculates a win rate that removes the effects of various stat-padding methods such as seal clubbing and running almost exclusively in TC's. How effective that formula actually is is debatable but, then again, none of the ratings you see are perfect.

The colors are simply a graphical representation of how your stats compare to the other people on the server. The color scale is the same for as the colors you see in battle.

Then when I click on a particualr vehicle I get another new row which i am equally lost on (color indicated by brackets):
E: 6 [green} (1285) [green]  Spec dmg: 1.32 [blue] (0.50/3.24) [gold]  Spotted:  - (0.87/4.46) [gold]

These are your per-vehicle stats/ratings. You lose the WN6 but retain the efficiency ratings. Spec dmg is how much damage you've done vs damage to your own tanks. In other words, you've done 1.32 times as much damage as you've taken. In this case, it's blue not because you're doing way better than other players but because it's above a 1:1 ratio.

Spotted should be pretty self-explanatory. The - means that XVM doesn't have your stats for that OR that you don't spot enough tanks for it to display an average.

GaiusMaximus101 #11 Posted Jul 18 2013 - 18:04

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3905 battles
Great thanks much!  I think I can move forward using XVM with some knowledge.  I presume efficiency has something to do with number of hits or penetrations per shot?  OR  is it number of my kills vs number of my deaths?

Hmm I wonder hwo much spotting I need to do before I get a rating??

CyberKnife #12 Posted Jul 18 2013 - 21:36

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14375 battles
I am wondering if there is a menu I am missing in XVM that turns features on and off? Every time I hear people discuss changing around XVM they get into Editors. Is there a way to turn off the game win predictor % at the beginning of the game? Also I have full XVM but there is no damage counter visible on mine....(taken and delivered are not there).  I'm just looking for an easy way to turn XVM's features on and off.

Also I'm looking for instructions on how to add the little .gif symbol by your name as you load in. I figured out how to change my Sixth Sense icon so I'm not totally daft. Anyone having any of this info handy I thank you in advance. Been digging through old posts and XVM documents (mostly in Russian) trying to get this sorted.

OrangesLuvMe #13 Posted Jul 19 2013 - 17:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 29958 battles
  • [GMONK] GMONK

View PostGaiusMaximus101, on Jul 18 2013 - 18:04, said:

Great thanks much!  I think I can move forward using XVM with some knowledge.  I presume efficiency has something to do with number of hits or penetrations per shot?  OR  is it number of my kills vs number of my deaths?

Efficiency takes into account a variety of things, including kills, damage, spots, cap points, and defense points. The formula (pulled from this post: http://forum.worldof...ts-your-rating/) is DAMAGE * (10 / (TIER + 2)) * (0.23 + 2 * TIER / 100) * 250 + frags SPOT * 150 + (log (CAP + 1,1.732 )) * 150 + 150 * DEF.

View PostCyberKnife, on Jul 18 2013 - 21:36, said:

I am wondering if there is a menu I am missing in XVM that turns features on and off? Every time I hear people discuss changing around XVM they get into Editors. Is there a way to turn off the game win predictor % at the beginning of the game? Also I have full XVM but there is no damage counter visible on mine....(taken and delivered are not there).  I'm just looking for an easy way to turn XVM's features on and off.

In your res_mods folder, there should be an xvm folder containing the xvm.xc file. This is your configuration file. There are a couple ways you can edit it. The first is to use Notepad++ to change the values. This allows you to edit anything and everything in your xvm configuration. However, this is the more complicated of the two methods and requires you to know what some of the terms mean. The second is to use the XVM configuration editor found here: http://www.modxvm.co...uration-editor/. All you need to do is to upload that xvm.xc file, edit it using the various menus, and save it back to your res_mods\xvm folder. There are a few things that you cannot modify with the editor but it has dropdown menus and graphical previews that make editing much easier.

Alternatively, you can download the many ready-made xvm config files posted either here in the WoT forums or the XVM forums (http://www.koreanran...configurations/). Note that you will need Google Translate or similar service to read the XVM forums.

PresidentJ #14 Posted Jul 21 2013 - 10:08

Captain

• Players
  • 27057 battles
  • [AR-15] AR-15
hmm I finally have installed xvm, but I have a question on the display, it seems Alt is the only display system I like (showing player names really,) but I dont know how to make it default?

srmalloy #15 Posted Sep 30 2013 - 05:18

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4255 battles
  • [LOCAD] LOCAD
I'm having no luck finding the particular XVM config line I need to set; I'm using Grepa's contour icons, and the right-side icons are reversed on the battle loading screen, but display correctly in the battle itself. I have MirroredVehicleIcons set to false, and tried moving a copy of that line into the Battle Loading section, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Edited by srmalloy, Sep 30 2013 - 05:18.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users