how do you get fast exp and silver?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

Mrjellop #1 Posted Jul 19 2013 - 05:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
do you have to get a lot of kills?

crazyjoe1337 #2 Posted Jul 19 2013 - 05:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
No, you do a lot of damage and/or spotting damage. Kills aren't worth much for exp and credits. You could also buy a premium tank for your credit earning, however I would recommend not buying one until you've played its tier equivalent in the tech tree.

soviet_T_47 #3 Posted Jul 19 2013 - 05:24

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
DAMAGE. just damage the day lights out of them. use a tier 5 medium (though i perfer my stug 3) and on a good match ill get like 20k. (round 15k for repairs an ammo)

samxx9 #4 Posted Jul 19 2013 - 05:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
It is based on damage, spotting, tracking, and capping. general good performance is always rewarded.

A_Little_Baby #5 Posted Jul 19 2013 - 05:31

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postsoviet_T_47, on Jul 19 2013 - 05:24, said:

DAMAGE. just damage the day lights out of them. use a tier 5 medium (though i perfer my stug 3) and on a good match ill get like 20k. (round 15k for repairs an ammo)

check his battle count...

SaintFur #6 Posted Jul 19 2013 - 05:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Damage and lots of it from shooting, spotting (and someone else shoots it), tracking (and someone else shoots it)

djb_95 #7 Posted Jul 19 2013 - 08:21

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Defense points, kills, damage, spotting, and capping in that order.
WG won't release the exact formula they use for computing xp, but these are the important things that count.
Everyone says that damage gets the xp and WG themselves say that kills only give a SMALL bonus to xp.  From experience and observation I can tell you that is simply not true.  Kills count for a lot.

bryantighe #8 Posted Jul 19 2013 - 13:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Here is the page in the wiki that describes how you get XP and credits:
http://wiki.worldoft...nce_and_Credits

As a new player, it is generally recommended that you read all of the other sections on the wiki, also. Good luck and happy hunting.

JerseyBouncer #9 Posted Jul 19 2013 - 13:39

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Premium.

Theo20185 #10 Posted Jul 19 2013 - 14:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostMrjellop, on Jul 19 2013 - 05:22, said:

do you have to get a lot of kills?

No. You don't have to get a lot of kills. If one tank does 90% of the damage to an enemy tank, and a second tank does the last 10% and gets the kill shot, the first tank will still get more experience and credits. Kills don't mean much since somebody can wait until an enemy is almost dead from his teammates, and then just take the kill shot.

To get a lot of experience and credits, stay alive longer. Staying alive longer means more time in the game. More time in the game means a higher chance of you having a good position to takes shots at exposed enemies. Don't just run out and face off with the enemy. If you die in the first few minutes, you only get those first few shots. Find areas where you have a line of sight on the enemy, and choose when to engage. A higher tier tank is facing you, but does not see you? Don't take that shot. Wait until he turns away and presents his side/rear to you, or wait for an ally to engage him from his side/rear. This is one of my favorite things to do, alternate which side we are hitting from with allied tanks. The enemy is so busy turning his tank/turret to face us that allied tanks get more opportunities to put shells in his side and rear.

djb_95 #11 Posted Jul 20 2013 - 04:34

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostTheo20185, on Jul 19 2013 - 14:10, said:

No. You don't have to get a lot of kills. If one tank does 90% of the damage to an enemy tank, and a second tank does the last 10% and gets the kill shot, the first tank will still get more experience and credits.
It might be close, but the tank that gets the kill with only a few hp hit will get a LOT more xp than the same tank doing a maximum damage hit.

_Tsavo_ #12 Posted Jul 20 2013 - 08:39

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Deal damage, lots of it.  Focus on that and the kills (or confederates) will come along with credits.  

As far as premium tanks go, a bad or inexperienced player at tier 8 can ruin a match, please don't get a high tier premium until you're confident you can hold your own and be a contributing player on a team.  40-46% win rates players in tier 8 mediums make me want to punch puppies.

jerv #13 Posted Jul 20 2013 - 08:54

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
  • Wins get you 50% more XP as well as a small credit bonus.
  • Dying cuts your crew's XP earnings (though not the XP for research) in half, as well as costing you more to repair your tank after battle.
  • Doing at least 2x your HP in damage nets decent XP/credits.
  • Every shot you take costs you money, but missing doesn't earn you any back. At higher tiers where each shot can run >1k credits, missing really hurts your profits!
In short, to earn the most XP/credits, do lots of damage, don't miss, don't die, and don't lose.

If you want to earn XP/credits quickly, then improving your skills to where you hit more, win more, and die less is mandatory.

View Postdjb_95, on Jul 20 2013 - 04:34, said:

It might be close, but the tank that gets the kill with only a few hp hit will get a LOT more xp than the same tank doing a maximum damage hit.

My experience is that the only thing a low-HP kill really gets you is artificially high Efficiency/WN7 stats. YMMV?

Carnagge #14 Posted Jul 20 2013 - 09:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
As everyone is mentioning, it's the sheer amount of damage that you produce on the battle field that will dictate your XP and Credit rewards at the end of any match, and not so much with how many you kill.  One thing you might notice is that you can make more xp and credits in any Elited tank in your garage, than in a tank that is still be upgraded; of course you could also be tempted to buy a premium tank for the benefits of xp and credit farming, as premmy tanks also have the added benefit of faster crew training.

Now having mentioned premium tanks, the tier V one's seem to produce decent returns on xp and credit and most of them have decent matchmaking bonuses than do regular tanks get.  Tier 8 premium tanks can be better at making more xp and credits, than do tier 5 tanks do, but you should weigh the costs of repairs for the tier 8 premmy tank, the costs of ammo replenishment and also the battle tiers that the Matchmaker will be putting you in, as you will definitely be fighting tier 9 and 10 tanks, and be at a disadvantage at times.  Not to mention that at tier 7 and higher matches, you really depend on what you have learned in the lower tiers, as your skills will more than likely be what keeps you from dying too quickly or not in higher tiered matches.

To recap, in order to make more XP and Credits in any battle, you need to do:
  • Damage as many tanks as you can, the more damage you do, the higher xp and credit potentials you can earn.....
  • Stay alive longer, quickly getting shot down will negatively affect your xp and credit earnings....
  • Crew training, you want your crews to get trained to 100% as soon as you can manage it, as better trained crews help you to earn more xp and credit over time.......

good luck, hope this helps out...................!

:bush:

Edited by Carnagge, Jul 20 2013 - 09:05.

russianaviator #15 Posted Oct 15 2013 - 00:14

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
I am the one who usually hangs out at base and waits.  I sometimes get 300 but an average of 150.  Any tips?

Luissen #16 Posted Oct 15 2013 - 00:19

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
as an invalid piece of advice, technically higher tiers make more XP, due to large HP pools and larger guns, but those are direct results of above posted formulas. I can tryhard in my Centurion and make 700 xp doing donuts in base on a winning team, or I can get Radley Walter's in a Crusader and make the same amount  because of XP scaling.

Of course, I can also make 1.5k xp in my Centurion by killing everything, but that is harder, since bigger guns pointed at me, and occasional people at high tiers who actually know what they're doing.

Most people seem to fail their way up the tiers, climb nice and slow, and learn your tank, and you will get more and more XP for each battle as you perform better.

Kronosmild7 #17 Posted Oct 15 2013 - 00:56

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postrussianaviator, on Oct 15 2013 - 00:14, said:

I am the one who usually hangs out at base and waits. I sometimes get 300 but an average of 150. Any tips?

So go out and fight, seek out enemies instead of sitting and hoping that one wonders into your gunsight by sheer dumb luck.

Ripping #18 Posted Oct 15 2013 - 12:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I found the cheat alt+f4 gets me loads of silver... But do not tell everyone the secret key combo for 3x silver

ilmor #19 Posted Oct 15 2013 - 12:57

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Need to do a lot of damage while - to reduce repair costs - not taking much damage yourself and not using gold ammo.

hndrcks #20 Posted Oct 15 2013 - 13:59

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postrussianaviator, on Oct 15 2013 - 00:14, said:

I am the one who usually hangs out at base and waits.  I sometimes get 300 but an average of 150.  Any tips?

Disclaimer: I can be a bit abrasive, sorry. Chalk it up to teaching college freshmen Macro Economics 101 for 5 years.

I suspect those 300 XP games are when the other teams breaks through and you can't help but hit something as they roll over the cap; the 150 XPs are when the other team breaks through and kills you before you even see them. The commonality: your team has lost in both scenarios, because a gun wasn't being shot at the bad guys when it was most needed. This will be reflected in a crappy winrate. Don't let people tell you WR is "luck" or "MM" or any of that; your choices are the most important ingredient in your success or failure. The only Battle Hero badge you have so far is Defender, you should have at least a couple others by now, especially with a Sherman and Jumbo in the garage, just through dumb luck,

That being said, advice: there are exactly 3 tanks you have driven (the SPGs) that qualify for a "hang out and wait" strategy (and depending on the map, they might need to move too, and quickly! You might be able to make a case that a TD should cover the base, but that's not a 100% assumption. All the rest of of the tanks, (and some especially like the PZ1C) are guaranteed to make you the public target of derision and scorn if they are seen "hanging out."