Why there is no real hacking in WoT

• Please log in to reply
354 replies to this topic

RyanGetzIaf #341 Posted May 19 2016 - 00:10

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 24224 battles
  • [TYR] TYR
Oups, didn't read the last 3 words of that line. If something like this happen again don't be afraid to pm the person and politely ask for details or even the replay to see by yourself, just don't jump to the conclusion and cry "hakxor" it will only lead to you getting laughed at. 

rich73 #342 Posted May 19 2016 - 01:57

Major

• Players
  • 43007 battles
Srry but have seen video of aim cheat where person hit every tank without scoping in or waiting for rectical to minimize.Clear mod cheat.How about mod where you can see where enemy is looking?I'm sure there are more exploits made possible by having mod door open.So dont tell me there are no mods that give unfair advantage.BTW,are you working for WG now?Also..read Ritas status report on latest mod for arty that lets you shoot tanks behind cover.

Edited by rich73, May 19 2016 - 02:00.

Jaspo #343 Posted May 19 2016 - 20:05

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 23534 battles
  • [4HIM3] 4HIM3
I must say, the rate of suspicious activity increases from about 0-1% to about 25% when you switch from running pub matches to clan wars or tourney battles...I've definitely seen some strange stuff there, from what seems to be lag switching to enemy tanks not taking nearly enough damage to enemy tanks seeming to high roll on pen and damage every single shot. Can't say I'm too surprised since without much looking thus far I've seen testimony from 2 separate individuals in 2 separate topics on these forums stating "I joined clan Z and they told me, if you're going to participate in clan wars you've got to download hackpack X first, since we can't be competitive without it"...I don't see much motive for anyone to make such a claim if it were not true.

Strigonx #344 Posted May 22 2016 - 01:33

Major

• Players
  • 27845 battles
  • [NICO] NICO

View PostJaspo, on May 18 2016 - 17:38, said:

As I stated at the bottom of the post, I don't, though I thought I did...I suppose simultaneous arty HE splash might be a possibility, though you can rule out ramming or environment damage as neither of those were involved. Also there was no ammorack and that's the point, if there were I wouldn't have thought it odd...or do some ammorackings occur without the visual display of spouting flames and/or getting your turret blown off?

It is true that not a whole lot of total damage was credited to the t29 for the number of pens he had; seems it would be higher if he indeed hit me for 600+ damage in one of his shots...though if he was using HE for his other shots then maybe not.

1. Ammoracks can happen without the turret blowing off, i've seen it.
  2. You could've been actually hit by an unspotted enemy, set on fire, ammoracked by said T29 or received damage from yet another ally.
  3. Unless you don't provide a replay what the screenshots show will remain pure speculation
  4. You could not be wanting to give it for obvious reasons as we could point out what happened and muhh hacks will be ruled out

Caboose_1972 #345 Posted Nov 27 2016 - 23:16

Private

• -Players-
  • 1015 battles
it may not be hacks but aim bot mods and other mods are ruining this game. same with gold ammo

Hellsfog #346 Posted Nov 27 2016 - 23:33

Major

• Players
  • 30515 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

View PostCaboose_1972, on Nov 27 2016 - 17:16, said:

it may not be hacks but aim bot mods and other mods are ruining this game. same with gold ammo

Terrible players with less than 1K battles who don't understand how the game works and complain on the forums are worse than all those things. 

GeorgePreddy #347 Posted Nov 28 2016 - 00:14

Major

• Players
  • 14291 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View PostJaspo, on May 19 2016 - 16:05, said:

thus far I've seen testimony from 2 separate individuals in 2 separate topics on these forums stating "I joined clan Z and they told me, if you're going to participate in clan wars you've got to download hackpack X first, since we can't be competitive without it"...I don't see much motive for anyone to make such a claim if it were not true.

Anyone who likes to blame being bad on the "fact" that all good players use hax would be highly motivated to tell this story.

Doomslinger #348 Posted Nov 28 2016 - 06:33

Major

• Players
  • 59785 battles
I played in some clan wars battles and it was strange when we rounded a corner and all of the enemy team was sitting there with their guns all pointed in our exact direction. They knew exactly what direction we had moved from. We all have 6th sense and not one of us had been spotted. I looked back and noticed that one of my allies had run over some trees and stuff. A newb mistake for sure but still...there are map cheats that indicate where enemies knock over anything that is destructable such as trees, buildings, fences etc...the worst cheat of them all really as it ruins the competitive part of the game. In pubs it isn't such a big deal.

GeorgePreddy #349 Posted Nov 28 2016 - 14:24

Major

• Players
  • 14291 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View PostDoomslinger, on Nov 28 2016 - 02:33, said:

I played in some clan wars battles and it was strange when we rounded a corner and all of the enemy team was sitting there with their guns all pointed in our exact direction. They knew exactly what direction we had moved from. We all have 6th sense and not one of us had been spotted. I looked back and noticed that one of my allies had run over some trees and stuff. A newb mistake for sure but still...there are map cheats that indicate where enemies knock over anything that is destructable such as trees, buildings, fences etc...the worst cheat of them all really as it ruins the competitive part of the game. In pubs it isn't such a big deal.

Now this statement I can completely agree with... some folks are running an illegal client side mod that pinpoints enemy destroyed items (trees down, etc.).

It is rarely particularly useful in pubs, but can be very advantageous in organized team play. Some teams I have been on will purposely destroy a couple houses in the opposite direction of our real travel to befuddle teams we think are using the "trees down" mod.

However, the title of this thread concerns "real hacking" and this mod is not that. "Real hacking" would involve hacking the server and that is totally impractical and practically impossible as Lert explained in his post.

aymericl #350 Posted Dec 03 2016 - 18:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2105 battles
  • [LPQR] LPQR
Lol. Who can hack this DAMN game?

GeorgePreddy #351 Posted Dec 03 2016 - 19:07

Major

• Players
  • 14291 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

As a practical matter... no one is going to hack the server for reasons that are well known.

There are, however, a few modestly advantageous client side illegal mods available.

WG has recently begun cracking down on these mods.

Ideas52 #352 Posted Dec 17 2016 - 22:08

Private

• -Players-
  • 43 battles

how do you delete comments?

Edited by Ideas52, Dec 17 2016 - 22:09.

rich73 #353 Posted Dec 17 2016 - 23:05

Major

• Players
  • 43007 battles
Theres no hacking and they ban accounts for nothing????And quit confusing peeps with hack word as it is exploiting and cheating is what both are about....lol...idiots.

K_Factor #354 Posted Dec 26 2016 - 03:37

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16321 battles
  • [315] 315

Packet bombs, have been around for quite a while. They are used in the game to send a large amount of data to your gate and jam it. It lags you out. You know its being used based on when the lag occurs and its duration. All the hacker has to do is target your vehicle and zap! the hack finds your gate and then jams it with more data then it can handle. Artillery can nail most of a team with packet bombs if he has a good spotter. the good thing is you can record a packet bomb attack simply by measuring the feed you receive from your gate in the server back to your computer. You don't have to counter hack to find the hack. In order to stop the hack you have to hack. So only hackers can find and sort out the problem and I'm not one of those. I have talked to some friends about developing a program for servers that hunts down hacks and re-routs them back on the one who is using the hack. If he sends a packet bomb at you, it nails his own gate and not yours. Once he lags himself out a few times, he'll quit using it. That's how were going to kill hackers of all types. A loop. They hack your computer and find themselves inside of their own computer. No one goes to jail, but hacking stops as there is no longer anything to gain from it.

Cool_Ghoul #355 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 01:59

Private

• Players
  • 14686 battles

In the time of world of tanks.
I was a reroll.
Had gun powder in my veins.
So I'm out to kill the bulldog.
With the plastic armor,
Spray-paint the cromwells.
shell hungry tanks with the beefcake panther2.
Kill the light tanks.
And put it in the city.
Stock tank flaming with a noob.
at the cruise control.
Baby's in city with the heavy tanks.
got a couple of light tanks.
sleep on the computer.
Someone keeps saying'
mm is insane must complain.
About some RNG rigging.
And a dent on my tank.
Don't believe everything BOOGERS tell u.
You get a game violation.
And a shell in your rear.
So play your tanks.
With some smarts and dont die .
Saving' all your replay's
And lighting up your friends list.

(Yo. stug it.)
Soy un perdedor
I'm a tanker baby, so why don't you kill me?

(Double-barrel buckshot)

Soy un perdedor

Forces of villan in a unicum nightmare.
Banned all the cheaters with a phony ban chamber.
Cuz one's got a warpack.
And the other got red ball.
also has tracers, shoved the other in a water.
With the reroll jerks.
And the cocaine yolos.
The daytime crap of the windowlickers slop.
He doesnt shoot  becuase hes lagging.
Slap the noobys-neck.
And hang him from a cap flag.
You can't play if you can't WN8.
Trade the cash for the stash.
For the troll for the hate.
And my time is a type of shell.
hitting on a light tank.
Who's choking' on my teammates.

(Get crazy with the light tanks)
Soy un perdedor*
(Drive-by team kill)
(Yo, bring it on down)
nooooooobs....

(I'm a tanker; I'm the winner;
wot is gonna change.
I can feel it)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users