• 17063 battles
Hard to read.

+1

DeadlyDays #42 Posted Jul 22 2013 - 17:56

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 12850 battles
  • [D-INC] D-INC
you basically just pointed out a mod that I mentioned in that post, which is a mod that turns off foilage rendering. All that does is lets you see tanks when they get spotted in bushes instead of having to rely purely on the red outline. Practically speaking its not as useful as it sounds. First of all you no longer know where bushes are, so figuring out where someone might be hiding is a lot more difficult, and if you want to use bushes its incredibly hard to find a bush to hide behind.

but as we said, its a mod, not a hack. Hacking is changing game code illegitimately, moding is changing it legitimately, and currently WG has no restrictions on mods for the NA server(though I've heard they do for RU servers) So this is a legitimate mod, and is certainly not game breaking because it has no other effect on the game, view mechanics remain the same, it only changes your client side rendering, probably only useful for increasing performance.

Yes, there are tons of "hacking" sites out there for WOT, but I will tell you right now they are bullshit. They are just scamming you for freely available mods, and features that already exist. Like when they offer aimbots, lol, right click on a tank, thats an ingame feature and its not very useful, good players almost never use it, if they use it at all. There is a huge demand for hacks in any game, and scammers will open sites to sell you these "hacks" whether they exist or not because there is a huge money making opportunity there.

Post me a video of a game breaking hack actually being used on the public servers.

Edited by DeadlyDays, Jul 22 2013 - 18:00.

Frijolero #43 Posted Jul 22 2013 - 18:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23916 battles

View Postzepwner, on Jul 20 2013 - 19:30, said:

game can be hacked in different ways, despite server side.

Yes, it can be hacked. But as Lert said, it's not worth the effort in terms of what you getting from investing that much time and what you are risking to hack it.

example: wallhack. instead of having to mouse over to see an enemy highlighted in red, this can be hacked to be always on, with color changes the indicate whether or not a person is behind an object and can't be hit.

"Wallhacks" have been on the game for long time. The most well known is the vegetation remover mod, wich does nothing to the game except the player doesn't see any bush or tree on his screen. All camouflage calculations are done server side, so even if someone can make houses, trees, rocks, ground, etc., transparent, you still will not gonna see sh*t unless the server says so, captain.

Therefore, wallhacks (I mean REAL wallhacks) are not worth to make on WoT.

aimbots are still more than possible as well.

Indeed they are, but you need to do a lot of calculations to make it effective: shell speed, turret rotation, enemy speed, tank positioning to aim its weak points, are the ones that come to my mind. Doing all this is so time consuming that it will be faster to learn how to aim with your tank than to code this kind of aimbot. So again, aimbots are not worth to make.

I also think there's a glitch going around, because I've come across at least 2 people who, no matter where you hit them, no matter what round you use, armor piercing or explosive, all the shots taken at them fail. I literally put over 20 rounds into this one guy (not an exaggeration) and they did no damage whatsoever.

Not a glitch, unless said tank has a messed up hitbox, wich afaik haven't been reported that kind of bug on 8.6. I'm guessing the guy knew how to position its tank to make shots bounce, or you just had bad luck at aiming at that time (along with some RNG trollng).

View Postzepwner, on Jul 21 2013 - 04:49, said:

here's another possibility of cheating:

all weapons have a 'zero in' time, where their accuracy gets better. since this is entirely client side, it's possible to cheat and remove this effect entirely to have 100% accurate aim, even while moving.

Again, No recoil and/or no spread hacks are not possible due to aim calculations are done server side. The server does keep track where your gun is pointing at any time, wich sometimes is not the same you see on your screen due to internet latency. So every time you see a werid shot, it is more probable it's due to lag than some hack or cheat.

There is an ingame hotkey that can bring the server reticule while you're playing if you don't trust me, but can't remember wich one is at the moment. Also I know some mods let you use the server reticule instead of the client one to ensure perfect aim, wich is a good choice when your internet likes to lag often.

Edited by Frijolero, Jul 22 2013 - 18:22.

Vanagandr #44 Posted Jul 22 2013 - 18:25

Major

• Players
  • 24993 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View Postosito2dancer, on Jul 22 2013 - 17:20, said:

I dont think i repeated what you said, but rather provided a more thorough explanation on how could a "hack" could work for someone, and illustrate on how "difficult" it could be to be successful. It is just naive to think that WoT could be impervious to vulnerabilities, but seems that WG can (and is) "well protected" against such attacks.
It's also naive to think that anyone with the requisite skills would ever bother using those skills to hack a server side video game. The reward would simply not be worth it for the time, effort, and material resources involved.

TorrentTurrent #45 Posted Jul 26 2013 - 05:31

Private

• Players
  • 4841 battles
Check out this website:HACKING RUINS THE GAME.READ THE MESSAGE!

Colddawg #46 Posted Jul 26 2013 - 13:21

Major

• Players
  • 43028 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
you need to cover the fact that there are mods out there that give an outrageous advantage to the users who use it.

These include:
WarPack
3D Hitbox/No/Criticals Skin
Laser Sight
Permanent 6th Sense
Object Destruction Detection
Auto Aim/Critical Hit Aiming

Most of those are pretty easy to tell when someone is using them.  Laser Sight is the easiest to tell if someone is using it and most likely if they're using it the player(s) have more than just Laser Sight.

pincuishin #47 Posted Jul 26 2013 - 14:33

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 11275 battles
Oh yea I came across this PZ3/4 one game and I've run this tank a little bit not over 200 games but I got enough I know it. Its armor isnt so impressive angle it right and yea but this guy kept screaming that a Luchs was hacking cause he went through front with the 30mm or 37mm? I forget size I tell him it can it's got over 90 penetration he kepts screaming saying he's reporting him anyways.... so yea I reported the PZ lol.

Frijolero #48 Posted Jul 26 2013 - 16:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23916 battles

View PostColddawg, on Jul 26 2013 - 13:21, said:

you need to cover the fact that there are mods out there that give an outrageous advantage to the users who use it.

These include:
WarPack
3D Hitbox/No/Criticals Skin
Laser Sight
Permanent 6th Sense
Object Destruction Detection
Auto Aim/Critical Hit Aiming

Most of those are pretty easy to tell when someone is using them.  Laser Sight is the easiest to tell if someone is using it and most likely if they're using it the player(s) have more than just Laser Sight.

Many of those mods falls on a gray line between a game enhancer and a cheat, since no one of those mods provide a "real" advantage to the player.

I mean, hitbox skins tells you where to shoot to cause massive damage to your enemy, but your shot is still under control of game mechanics, so it can bounce or do no critical damage at all.

Same with laser point mod: it shows you where your gun is pointing at, but shell deviation and weapon spread rolls are still controlled by the server. So even if the red dot is aimed at a certain weakspot your shot can still go way off from where you aimed. Also, AFAIK laser point mods are client sided and it doesn't match the server reticule, meaning lag and ping latence will also make this mod not very accurate on certian circumstances.

I know many of them are blacklisted on EU and other servers. But still they haven't said anything 'bout them on the US server. Probalby due to what I said first: They don't provide a real advantage to the player who is using it, unless that player knows how to use the mod properly.

Edited by Frijolero, Jul 26 2013 - 17:01.

Kritdonkulus #49 Posted Jul 28 2013 - 16:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31669 battles
  • [DICE] DICE
This game like any can be hacked but only on the client side. For awhie wg had issues with shell tracer hacks to the point where tracers are almost entirely out of the game.
You could also modify how bushes are drawn so you can see right through them even when fully hidden behind them making it easier to hit stuff.
You can also program auto aim scripts that when you lock onto a target it will auto lead etc and aim for certain hitboxes. Theres tons of ways to cheat out there.
I neither do or condone such hacks but don't be so naive that if people can cheat they won't.

Pershaw #50 Posted Jul 28 2013 - 21:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 1364 battles
Only thing I can think of which resembles hacking are minimap mods which shows which way the spotted enemies turret/vehicle is facing on the minimap, there was one on youtube but it seems to be removed or I can't find it again. This could give such an extreme advantage it isn't even funny, could've been fake but it didn't look like it.

TragicConsequences #51 Posted Jul 28 2013 - 21:53

Major

• Players
  • 8149 battles
Hacker? There's no hacking here. Hey look! A puppy!
Posted Image

170_Calories #52 Posted Jul 28 2013 - 23:29

Major

• Players
  • 20227 battles
Another solid post

evilbro3 #53 Posted Jul 29 2013 - 00:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 4371 battles
Now that's the mark of a professional forum contributor. Obviousness followed by nonsense.

Any ways, I don't accuse people of hacking, but I was a little stumped after this one experience. I was in my VK45 A brawling with a KV4. I was fully upgraded and I imagine he was too. I shot all the weak spots I could think of, such as the machine gun, viewports, and the small gun turret on top of the main turret. But not 1 point of damage was done. I had a French TD next to me, but his shots didn't seem to do damage either. He DID take damage from behind, but I don't think he really cared, he just steamrolled me and the TD and just kept rolling. Needless to say, our team was utterly destroyed; like
3 -15.

Not saying he was hacking, just that it all seemed a little odd to me.

The game does seem to be free of hackers anyways.

Also don't forget, whiners and people accusing other people of hacks are typically children. I can imagine most people forget that when the see those comments pop up, and can't help but feed the troll child by arguing with him.

Edited by evilbro3, Jul 29 2013 - 00:27.

Colddawg #54 Posted Jul 29 2013 - 15:54

Major

• Players
  • 43028 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View PostFrijolero, on Jul 26 2013 - 16:21, said:

Many of those mods falls on a gray line between a game enhancer and a cheat, since no one of those mods provide a "real" advantage to the player.
Same with laser point mod: it shows you where your gun is pointing at, but shell deviation and weapon spread rolls are still controlled by the server. So even if the red dot is aimed at a certain weakspot your shot can still go way off from where you aimed. Also, AFAIK laser point mods are client sided and it doesn't match the server reticule, meaning lag and ping latence will also make this mod not very accurate on certian circumstances.
The only mods that I consider as "enhancers" are the mods that make the game more realistic like Gnomefather's mods, Sweetfx, and reload timer.  They enhance the game itself with minimal impact on the player or outcome of the battle.  All other mods I feel add extra stuff to the game that improves a player's situational awareness.  Some of the mods, like accurate damage indicator, xvm, and view range/draw distance limits on minimap are IMO acceptable mods because there's always a margin of error.
The laser pointer mod is more of where the enemy is pointing his/her gun so you can see if you're targeted.  If you see players inauspiciously back away right before you fire and you're not spotted then there's a good guess your enemy has the laser pointer.
Another one I forgot is extended draw distance.  The draw distance, when set at maximum in settings, is about 650-680m (this is a square so it will be further at the corners than in the middle).  After that tanks will disappear even if spotted by allies.  There's a mod/cheat that will draw tanks no matter where they are on the map.  This is advantageous because it allows tanks to snipe the whole map more accurately than with a limited draw distance.
Here's an example of draw distance limitations, even though I was able to hit the guy because he was backing up straight.  
@24 seconds

DeadlyDays #55 Posted Jul 30 2013 - 00:28

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 12850 battles
  • [D-INC] D-INC
ive shot at tanks based on minimap plenty of times, who needs draw distance extender when I can minimap shoot you in a heavy tank. It's not even that hard.

Edited by DeadlyDays, Jul 30 2013 - 00:28.

Fulcrous #56 Posted Jul 30 2013 - 01:36

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 28097 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
I loved the serious humour in the OP. Very well written.
Unfortunately some people are still ignorant to the difference between client-side and server-side.

Edited by InchanJung, Jul 30 2013 - 01:37.

Frijolero #57 Posted Jul 30 2013 - 01:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23916 battles

View PostColddawg, on Jul 29 2013 - 15:54, said:

The laser pointer mod is more of where the enemy is pointing his/her gun so you can see if you're targeted.  If you see players inauspiciously back away right before you fire and you're not spotted then there's a good guess your enemy has the laser pointer.
You sure is because laser mod and not cause your target had 6th sense? Remember the client doesn't know anything unless the server tells him, so even tracers aren't shown unless he is lookin' from where they come from. I also have the 6th sense skill and I do back up when the light bulb shows even if I don't see anything on the screen or minimap.

Edited by Frijolero, Jul 30 2013 - 01:57.

Burtak #58 Posted Jul 30 2013 - 02:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 14652 battles
It's sad that this has to be posted this late in the game's life.

Good write up Lert.

Yanozha #59 Posted Jul 30 2013 - 15:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23552 battles
warpack is the uttimate cheaters hack tool and WG refuses to do anything about it , because they say the game is unhackable , warpack proves that otherwise , and it would make the folks at WG that swear up n down that this doesnt exist all look like fools ,,, why bother playing this game when people can rent a mod service to hack the game for them ????????

oldsurferjoe #60 Posted Jul 30 2013 - 15:51

Captain

• Players
  • 34972 battles
  • [TEMPL] TEMPL
Oh Lert, that was a long one and you had me hello!
FYI, Lert is the biggest hacker in the game!
Stop teasing these people - there heads will explode and fill their tin foil hats with goo!
o7

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users