Clan War suggestion: donate tank to clan's "motor pool"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

Abnormalmind #1 Posted Aug 06 2013 - 19:50

Captain

• Players
  • 19878 battles
Dear WG,

My clan would like for you to please consider adding a new feature to the game that allows a player to irrevocably donate a tank and its crew to his/her clan.  That tank would be available to any of the clan members for clan battles, however, the tank would suffer the normal lockout rules that are currently in place.  We would like to call the list of clan tanks;  the "Motor Pool."

Donating a tank and its crew to the motor pool would allow clan members to better enjoy Clan Wars and allows for players that have the time and resources to provide suitable tanks for use by their clan.

Sincerely,
On behalf of Nights of LunarBlitz [NLBZ]
An Abnormalmind

shazwanbomer #2 Posted Aug 06 2013 - 19:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10245 battles
  • [AMPED] AMPED
Hope they will implement this...

_Centurion72_ #3 Posted Aug 06 2013 - 19:55

Captain

• Players
  • 14420 battles
  • [HT] HT
This could be a cool suggestion but would the donator lose the tank and be able to research it again by grinding the tier 9 again? One reason this wouldnt work would be the following, say i get a t54e1 and grind out ten t57 heavys for my team. obviously this is easier than ten members grinding the full line so it would be like skipping all those other tanks for cw.

The_Super_Soldier #4 Posted Aug 06 2013 - 19:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9440 battles
  • [IMPLY] IMPLY
If you could buy and redo the tank you sold, that would be a decent idea... however, giving a bunch of retards tier 10's that a good player grinded for is a bad thing.

NeboCema #5 Posted Aug 06 2013 - 19:55

Captain

• Players
  • 21478 battles
good idea , also if random players can just go rent their tanks and crews to random players , if tank got killed in ClanWars while rented  then it gets regular locking , WG can make 10% on purchased/rented transactions or more , just an idea .

ed_anger #6 Posted Aug 06 2013 - 19:57

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13981 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
this would completely destroy Wargaming's business model, won't happen. they want each player to have to level up and buy tanks, if you can use a tank without the effort then you don't spend money on gold and premium.

LESTAT_SiK #7 Posted Aug 06 2013 - 19:59

Captain

• Players
  • 37482 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
I just do not comprehend why this would be beneficial in any shape form or fashion. Think about the ramifications of allowing this to go through. Waste of development time in all honesty. The big clans wouldn't use it, the little clans would LOSE IT anyway, and quite honestly........this can already be done (sort of).

Dregdon #8 Posted Aug 06 2013 - 20:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7400 battles
Like someone else said this is really just a "remove tank locking" thread.

Lets say your clan uses 4 T57s in their core strat. (This is just a random example) Well currently if 2 of them die you need to have 2 more people with T57s to fill out your 4 people. If you could donate tanks you could just grind T57s all day and have like 100 of them in your "motor pool" and then tank locking is moot because your good T57 players essentially have an infinite stock to pull from.

SaintFur #9 Posted Aug 06 2013 - 20:00

Captain

• Players
  • 19487 battles
  • [6GUN] 6GUN
Currently there's also little value in hacking wot accounts. If you allow a give away option then the risk goes up with it.

Vaultin #10 Posted Aug 06 2013 - 20:02

Major

• Players
  • 6123 battles
My question would be, would it be JUST for Clan Wars that they use this tank, or would they keep it in their Garage to use again and in Pubs. If that's the case I wouldn't like that because why should I work my ass off for a Tank, then donate it to the clan to help out only to have some dumba-- Keep the tank with little to no first hand knowledge on actually playing that whole tanks line?

LESTAT_SiK #11 Posted Aug 06 2013 - 20:03

Captain

• Players
  • 37482 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostDregdon, on Aug 06 2013 - 20:00, said:

Like someone else said this is really just a "remove tank locking" thread.

Lets say your clan uses 4 T57s in their core strat. (This is just a random example) Well currently if 2 of them die you need to have 2 more people with T57s to fill out your 4 people. If you could donate tanks you could just grind T57s all day and have like 100 of them in your "motor pool" and then tank locking is moot because your good T57 players essentially have an infinite stock to pull from.
Indeed, but taking this example further, if they had 100 t57's.......why would anyone need to donate a thing, just replace the player playing it. That's the real point to it all. We said well before it was implemented, straight up tank locking (current state) hurts no one but the strugglers and small clans. TL would require a much more involved model to make it realistic and change the outcome of CW (and its just a maybe).

Abnormalmind #12 Posted Aug 06 2013 - 20:03

Captain

• Players
  • 19878 battles

View PostVaultin, on Aug 06 2013 - 20:02, said:

My question would be, would it be JUST for Clan Wars that they use this tank, or would they keep it in their Garage to use again and in Pubs. If that's the case I wouldn't like that because why should I work my ass off for a Tank, then donate it to the clan to help out only to have some dumba-- Keep the tank with little to no first hand knowledge on actually playing that whole tanks line?

Only for clan battles, and for no other times.

NeboCema #13 Posted Aug 06 2013 - 20:04

Captain

• Players
  • 21478 battles

View Posted_anger, on Aug 06 2013 - 19:57, said:

this would completely destroy Wargaming's business model, won't happen. they want each player to have to level up and buy tanks, if you can use a tank without the effort then you don't spend money on gold and premium.

someone will buy gold to spend it , i think this will make more $$ for WG in the long run but i been wrong before

DEZLOK #14 Posted Aug 06 2013 - 20:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10550 battles

View PostLESTAT_SiK, on Aug 06 2013 - 19:59, said:

I just do not comprehend why this would be beneficial in any shape form or fashion. Think about the ramifications of allowing this to go through. Waste of development time in all honesty. The big clans wouldn't use it, the little clans would LOSE IT anyway, and quite honestly........this can already be done (sort of).
What i believe the OP is trying to say is the clan members that have several tier 10's make them available to other clan members to use in clan wars. so that member who only has 1 tier 10 and it got locked would be able to play in clan wars

Dregdon #15 Posted Aug 06 2013 - 20:06

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7400 battles

View PostLESTAT_SiK, on Aug 06 2013 - 20:03, said:

Indeed, but taking this example further, if they had 100 t57's.......why would anyone need to donate a thing, just replace the player playing it. That's the real point to it all. We said well before it was implemented, straight up tank locking (current state) hurts no one but the strugglers and small clans. TL would require a much more involved model to make it realistic and change the outcome of CW (and its just a maybe).

I'm not saying anything for or against tank locking. But if what you want is no tank locking that's what you want. Trying to disguise "get rid of tank locking" in other suggestions to try and trick WG probably isn't the way to get it removed.

LESTAT_SiK #16 Posted Aug 06 2013 - 20:11

Captain

• Players
  • 37482 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostDEZLOK, on Aug 06 2013 - 20:04, said:

What i believe the OP is trying to say is the clan members that have several tier 10's make them available to other clan members to use in clan wars. so that member who only has 1 tier 10 and it got locked would be able to play in clan wars
I did not misunderstand the intention. I will point out, AGAIN........there is no fruit to this labor. If player A donates a Maus to the clan and Player ZZ needs a tank cause his tier 10 got locked on the first battle tonight.......then player ZZ plays the Maus (but doesn't have a Maus to begin with) and gets wasted, what does it accomplish? In essence, it accomplishes what is already possible and that is called SOCKPUPPETING.

The underlying point is simple: The top 35 clans or so would never be affected by this, even if developed. They have quality from unicum to average and the tanks to accommodate a couple of losses (depending on who they decided to rail against). Therefore, we are looking at below top 40 clans, and quite honestly, there is a real chasm of capabilities at this point, but typically, they will run out of tanks, regardless of the single 10 most possess, even with the sharing. Show me sub 40 clans with members with every tier 10 in the game that would even be able to utilize this feature. If you manage to show me one, show me the supporting cast that would be successful using the one examples garage.

LESTAT_SiK #17 Posted Aug 06 2013 - 20:14

Captain

• Players
  • 37482 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostDregdon, on Aug 06 2013 - 20:06, said:

I'm not saying anything for or against tank locking. But if what you want is no tank locking that's what you want. Trying to disguise "get rid of tank locking" in other suggestions to try and trick WG probably isn't the way to get it removed.
I have 13 tier tens, and several nines and whatnot fella. I could give two fat pinches less if WG locks or doesn't lock. Game's been out for 2 years, lots of folks have multiples. WE DON'T CARE. Some of you folks need a reading comprehension lesson.

yarl5000 #18 Posted Aug 06 2013 - 20:50

Captain

• Players
  • 6707 battles
  • [VPG-S] VPG-S

View PostLESTAT_SiK, on Aug 06 2013 - 20:11, said:

The underlying point is simple: The top 35 clans or so would never be affected by this, even if developed. They have quality from unicum to average and the tanks to accommodate a couple of losses (depending on who they decided to rail against). Therefore, we are looking at below top 40 clans, and quite honestly, there is a real chasm of capabilities at this point, but typically, they will run out of tanks, regardless of the single 10 most possess, even with the sharing. Show me sub 40 clans with members with every tier 10 in the game that would even be able to utilize this feature. If you manage to show me one, show me the supporting cast that would be successful using the one examples garage.

So just because the top clans wouldn't use it, then it isn't a good suggestion?  Who cares if the top clans don't use it because they don't need too, a lack of available tier tens might just be what is holding a clan back from getting and staying on the map which can help feed back in to its self such as gold for free exp and recognition on a map to boost membership

LESTAT_SiK #19 Posted Aug 07 2013 - 19:54

Captain

• Players
  • 37482 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Postyarl5000, on Aug 06 2013 - 20:50, said:

So just because the top clans wouldn't use it, then it isn't a good suggestion?  Who cares if the top clans don't use it because they don't need too, a lack of available tier tens might just be what is holding a clan back from getting and staying on the map which can help feed back in to its self such as gold for free exp and recognition on a map to boost membership
ONCE AGAIN, for the cheap seats and booger eaters that cannot seem to understand what reading is.

IF the player doesn't have the tank to begin with, nor the experience to handle it, AND they already lost horribly in one battle, what makes you think for one moment having a mulligan will miraculously enable them to overcome their failures?

Plain and simple, it won't. Waste of dev time.

Souldealer #20 Posted Aug 19 2013 - 18:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 21131 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN
Nice concept but would only work if we "commit" specific tanks to a parcel of land. Even then it is a fast way to tier 10 stalemates again.

The new concept of "lock outs" is a step in the right direction. If they take the next step of tank placement, you should start to see truly mixed tier tank battles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users