French SPGs/Artillery Discussion Thread
38 replies to this topic
Posted Jan 19 2011 - 00:15
Feel free to post any thoughts or dreams about French Artillery/SPGs here.
Posted Jan 27 2011 - 16:30
What will be their differential? Fast (autoloader) reloads? I heard something like that (high ROF) would be an advantage on some of their tanks...
Posted Jan 27 2011 - 21:30
The French tanks aren't really well known, I mean I'm pretty sure they had some nice Artillery.
Posted Feb 04 2011 - 11:46
Will the the Bat Chatillon 155 have a turret? That looks pretty sweet!
Posted Feb 04 2011 - 12:37
Yep, a turret with a "fast-firing 155". At least that's what the devs promised! It might even make me play arty again
Posted Feb 09 2011 - 23:01
what about the like 12 crew french tank from WW2?
Posted Feb 09 2011 - 23:51
Posted Feb 10 2011 - 00:40
hmm... it was said on the French sub-forum that there was a mistake in the SPG branch. here it is said that the arty T6 is in fact an evolution of the Lorraine 155 (50) and (51).
And that's only tier 6. Tier 6 with 155mm gun. We have the Lorraine 155 (50) and (51) which I guess are the same but different on the tech tree.
So, Lorraine 155 (50) and (51) will probably be T6 and T7 arty, while the batignolles-chatillon 155 will be the real T8 arty.
'hope that doesn't disapoint you
Posted Mar 28 2011 - 21:40
shouldn't wargamming be posting these post?
Posted Mar 28 2011 - 22:51
This is a player discussion board, they post stuff like that in their own devs corner where nobody else can start a thread.
Posted Apr 01 2011 - 09:33
I believe there will be a Hotchkiss with stuka rockets. (It will be a premium SPG)
Posted Apr 06 2011 - 02:12
Posted Apr 06 2011 - 02:28
That's the only picture I can find of the SPG, and yes that is one that I want, because it's 155mm with a turret. It's basically a T-30 with an Artillery option!
Posted Apr 09 2011 - 17:19
Posted Apr 20 2011 - 21:44
They have french tanks? when did they add them
Posted Apr 22 2011 - 20:36
I think they should add the French vehicles it spices up the battles.
Posted May 11 2011 - 08:03
What I am expecting on French artilleries:
- It should be "fun" and versatile gun, not most powerful gun.
- It should move around easily here and there, unlike mostly stationary SPG's of other country.
- Easier and fast to aim, not most accurate gun.
- Fast RoF - There must be gun upgrade option of at least 8 shot/min for tier 4-6, 6 shots/min for 7,8.
- Turret! - turret of traverse speed of 35+ deg/sec
- Easier to drive around - 35 km+ speed limit, 30+ deg traverse speed, good engine to climb on hill.
- Varied gun upgrade options to accommodate various different play styles.
- HE shell with larger explosion radius and splash damage (AOE > 3-4 m)
- Direct hit damage is not so important. It should be well balanced with SPG's of same tier of other countries.
- Accuracy may be sacrificed for fast aim settling time.
- Higher angle of shell flight arc.
Posted Jun 22 2011 - 05:11
504 Gateway Time-out.