install problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

zachdog6 #1 Posted Jan 22 2011 - 03:01

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 25 battles
i can't install WOT. i had it before but uninstalled it. now i want to play it again but can't because when i click on the installer it never opens, just a security warning. by the way i don't have MSE, my computer can run it, it is a vista, and i looked for hours in the forums for a fix so none of that shit.

update- never mind, the forth download came up after a 1/2 hour or so. finally, but this is just ridiculous. they need to fix this because it shouldn't have to take me days just to open a installer.

King_Caesar #2 Posted Jan 22 2011 - 03:19

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 3596 battles

View Postzachdog6, on Jan 22 2011 - 03:01, said:

i can't install WOT. i had it before but uninstalled it. now i want to play it again but can't because when i click on the installer it never opens, just a security warning. by the way i don't have MSE, my computer can run it, it is a vista, and i looked for hours in the forums for a fix so none of that shit.
Whats the security warning stating?

If the installer isn't running at all, personally the first thing I would do is redownload the game and try installing from a fresh boot after a complete shut-down.

Lafiell #3 Posted Jan 27 2011 - 08:23

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Actually... even if this is an old topic. Its still a problem. Off a fresh restart I tried to install and nothing opened at all. So I checked the task manager to see if it was responding. It just didn't open for me, granted I'm running XP, but the processes section showed the installer as being opened twice. One was crashing both and I could only close the one that said it was a heavier system usage. I had to turn my laptop off to close the other. I only downloaded it a few days ago, using the 0.6.2.7 full client installer and it it does this. I cant get it to not do it either though.

Though, if hearing about this part of the problem is a first I hope it held alittle.

Effreem #4 Posted Jan 29 2011 - 04:37

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 6322 battles
Im having the same problem. I even tried a fresh INSTALL of vista and nothing.

Nightrun #5 Posted Jan 29 2011 - 15:38

Private

• Players
  • 424 battles
Same thing is happening to me.  I am running vista.

Nightrun #6 Posted Jan 29 2011 - 15:48

Private

• Players
  • 424 battles
Actually in the task manager under process its showing two processes running.  one is setup and one says world...

Kurdaj #7 Posted Jan 30 2011 - 10:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 151 battles
I downloaded the game client and the patch. I double click on the setup, WoT_beta_0.6.2.7_eng_setup, and nothing happens.

If I open the Task Manager, it tells me two programs are running, the World of Tanks Closed Beta Setup and the Setup/Uninstall programs. But nothing appears on my screen, there's no prompt, and the first time I tried I ended up opening the program 3 times, and 3 sets of the two above programs appeared on my Task Manager.

So then I wondered if it was a big file and needed time... I'm 15 minutes and still nothing. I tried double clicking on the patch - Upgrade v.0.6.2.7 to v.0.6.2.8 - and that one opens up just fine, but I get the expected error message "Can't patch something that isn't there!"

So herp derp, I don't know what's wrong or what to do. Any help?

Nightrun #8 Posted Jan 31 2011 - 00:25

Private

• Players
  • 424 battles

View PostKurdaj, on Jan 30 2011 - 10:44, said:

I downloaded the game client and the patch. I double click on the setup, WoT_beta_0.6.2.7_eng_setup, and nothing happens.

If I open the Task Manager, it tells me two programs are running, the World of Tanks Closed Beta Setup and the Setup/Uninstall programs. But nothing appears on my screen, there's no prompt, and the first time I tried I ended up opening the program 3 times, and 3 sets of the two above programs appeared on my Task Manager.

So then I wondered if it was a big file and needed time... I'm 15 minutes and still nothing. I tried double clicking on the patch - Upgrade v.0.6.2.7 to v.0.6.2.8 - and that one opens up just fine, but I get the expected error message "Can't patch something that isn't there!"

So herp derp, I don't know what's wrong or what to do. Any help?

I re doanloaded the game.  I clicked on the setup, and it did the same thing.  This time instead of hitting it again or deleting the applications in task manager I left it alone.  I played another game for awhile and then my firewall came up asking if I wanted to allow tanks to play, clicked allow.  Now I am playing.  Not sure why it took so lone to come up but it finally did.

Kurdaj #9 Posted Jan 31 2011 - 12:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 151 battles

View PostNightrun, on Jan 31 2011 - 00:25, said:

I re doanloaded the game.  I clicked on the setup, and it did the same thing.  This time instead of hitting it again or deleting the applications in task manager I left it alone.  I played another game for awhile and then my firewall came up asking if I wanted to allow tanks to play, clicked allow.  Now I am playing.  Not sure why it took so lone to come up but it finally did.

That happened to me too - I left it alone and after about half an hour I got the prompt to "Allow" the game. The prompt forced me to alt-tab to my desktop, so I clicked the Allow to rapidly return to my Starcraft 2 match.

After the game, I alt-tabbed back to desktop and nothing was happening... again. I don't know, it's not working for me. I suppose this is why it's the beta - so errors like this can be corrected, but damnit I want to play!

CaveTANK #10 Posted Feb 01 2011 - 07:56

Private

• Players
  • 412 battles

View PostKurdaj, on Jan 31 2011 - 12:58, said:

That happened to me too - I left it alone and after about half an hour I got the prompt to "Allow" the game. The prompt forced me to alt-tab to my desktop, so I clicked the Allow to rapidly return to my Starcraft 2 match.

After the game, I alt-tabbed back to desktop and nothing was happening... again. I don't know, it's not working for me. I suppose this is why it's the beta - so errors like this can be corrected, but damnit I want to play!
I had the same thing too. P.S If you ever want to play some sc2 with me let me know :D
On a side note it took me 45 minutes for it to open up after i restarted, ran as admin.

RedDead86 #11 Posted Feb 18 2011 - 02:21

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 4249 battles

View PostCaveTANK, on Feb 01 2011 - 07:56, said:

I had the same thing too. P.S If you ever want to play some sc2 with me let me know :D
On a side note it took me 45 minutes for it to open up after i restarted, ran as admin.
I'm having this problem as I type this. I had WoT almost since it went closed beta, but the other day i was doing some cleaning up of the hard drive and uninstalled it. went to reinstall today and it is doing what you all have experienced.

Tanx #12 Posted Feb 19 2011 - 04:14

Private

• Players
  • 343 battles
Hello,

I thought I might throw my 2 cents into this little wishing well... I am a first timer and came across this topic while trying to install the game. I clicked the newly downloaded "Full client v.0.6.2.7" and waited just under 13 minutes before it was completely downloaded. I immediately clicked run, but to my dismay, there was no "installer" starting up... I'm running Vista with a 2.10 dual core AMD Athlon with only 1 GB of memory. Apparently, this installer takes over a few minutes to load on my machine. Not really surprising given the complexity of todays games but it did prompt me to google if there was a problem. My machine locked soon after, or perhaps I was quick on the draw XD, but I then did a hard reboot. Upon restarting my system, I turned off memory intensive programs like my anti-virus and tried the installer again. I had enough time to google the topic again and found this fourm before I got a prompt to allow the installer to continue... so either myself and others are running a little slow or it takes a while for the installer to load.... My suggestions for anyone else being sluggish; turn off anything sucking down your memory and just be patient. This is a 1.7 gig program after all..

L8er!
Aaron

Vallter #13 Posted Feb 19 2011 - 15:48

Minsk HQ employee

• Administrator
  • 10 battles
Please, follow these instructions:
First click the right mouse button on the WoT installation file or the installed WoT application desktop shortcut, depending on your specific problem. Then select a “Run as Administrator” option in the pop-up menu.

If that doesn’t help, you may try to install the game when in a “Safe Mode”. To enter it you need restart your PC. Some computers may actually offer an option to enter a safe mode and instruct on the process. Otherwise you will have to do it manually by pressing “F8” key right after the restart as soon as you see a flashing cursor upon a black screen before your OS starts loading. When you succeed you’ll get into a relevant menu with a ”Safe Mod” or similar option  available which you are to choose.

littlebudda11 #14 Posted Feb 19 2011 - 18:07

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostTanx, on Feb 19 2011 - 04:14, said:

Hello,
where can i dwnload the full game plz let me knw
I thought I might throw my 2 cents into this little wishing well... I am a first timer and came across this topic while trying to install the game. I clicked the newly downloaded "Full client v.0.6.2.7" and waited just under 13 minutes before it was completely downloaded. I immediately clicked run, but to my dismay, there was no "installer" starting up... I'm running Vista with a 2.10 dual core AMD Athlon with only 1 GB of memory. Apparently, this installer takes over a few minutes to load on my machine. Not really surprising given the complexity of todays games but it did prompt me to google if there was a problem. My machine locked soon after, or perhaps I was quick on the draw XD, but I then did a hard reboot. Upon restarting my system, I turned off memory intensive programs like my anti-virus and tried the installer again. I had enough time to google the topic again and found this fourm before I got a prompt to allow the installer to continue... so either myself and others are running a little slow or it takes a while for the installer to load.... My suggestions for anyone else being sluggish; turn off anything sucking down your memory and just be patient. This is a 1.7 gig program after all..

L8er!
Aaron

littlebudda11 #15 Posted Feb 19 2011 - 18:08

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
where can i dwnload the full game plz anyone

Vallter #16 Posted Feb 22 2011 - 09:49

Minsk HQ employee

• Administrator
  • 10 battles
You can only download the previous version of the game client and patch it either manually or via the game launcher.

This is the full version of the game client:
http://cdn1.worldoft...7_eng_setup.exe
------------------------
Torrent full client file: http://cdn1.worldoft...tup.exe.torrent

And this is the latest patch:
Upgrade v.0.6.1.5 to v.0.6.2.7: http://cdn1.worldoft...7_eng_patch.exe

Karnivale #17 Posted Mar 31 2011 - 18:22

Private

• Players
  • 8819 battles
Stupid I know.

I tried a few times to load WOT on my buddies computer. He has sh!tty Vista and the damn thing just wouldn't get to the installer. The download was from WOT website and I tried several things to fix the problem to no avail. Then I pulled the ol' Microsoft standby. I shut down the machine, restarted it after 10 seconds and reclicked the icon. Still, nothing happened so I figured it was a bad download, told my buddy I would bring in the copy of the setup I have on a flash drive, then delete the setup. Not 30 seconds after deleting and emptying the recycle bin, the "allow/don't allow" warning popped up and I had to close it since setup was gone.
Today I copied my setup from a flash, tried to install the game and still nothing happened. I did a full restart (off, 10 secs, back on), double-clicked the setup, waited about 5 mins, and like magic, the "Allow/Don't Allow" came up. Game is installing as I type. Why is Vista so humpty? I don't know. But this worked for me so good luck to all with that janky OS.

Karnivale

ColdOne234 #18 Posted Apr 02 2011 - 01:21

Private

• Players
  • 6143 battles
  • [PAC-W] PAC-W
Well, I seem to have similar issue as all u other folk. I am using Windows 7. When I run the client installer, it often stops downloading when I leave it alone and the computer goes to screen saver. Also, if I manage to get past that, the installer give me an error saying that It cannot move files because acces is denied, error code5. I do not know wtf it means, but it kinda a pain. I just wanna play. :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users