WoT Assistant invites to join a Team of Beta Testers (iOS)

WoT_Assistant beta-testing iOS TestFlight

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

intellidjent #1 Posted Aug 22 2013 - 12:37

Corporal

• WG HQ Staff
  • 0 battles
Greetings from WoT Assistant Team!

We're launching a program of continuous WoT Assistant beta testing! By participating in our program, you will have a unique opportunity to get the latest beta versions of WoT Assistant before its worldwide release, test new features and interfaces, as well as provide comments, ideas and report any problems you may encounter. To join the Team, we suggest to read the document below and follow three simple steps:

1. Installing the beta-version for the first time

Distribution of WoT Assistant beta builds will be implemented through the TestFlight service.

1.1 What is TestFlight?

TestFlight is a free Over-The-Air platform, which is intended for beta testing applications. With this service you will receive the latest WoT Assistant beta versions. To make the process of getting familiar with the service as easy as possible we have created this article with detailed instructions and steps to install the first beta version of WoT Assistant on your mobile device.

1.2 How to install the beta version?

So, to install the beta version, please follow the next 3 steps:
  • Create your TestFlight account;
  • Install the TestFlight application on your mobile device;
  • Install WoT Assistant.
Below is a detailed WoT Assistant beta build installation guide.

2. Installation Guide

2.1 Step 1: Creating a TestFlight account

After clicking on the link to participate in beta testing (http://tflig.ht/1ahlu1S), you will be redirected to the TestFlight registration page.
Fill in all the fields and click «Sign Up & Join», you will be redirected to a page telling your registration went successfully.
Once you have successfully created your TestFlight account you will receive an email with an invitation to register your mobile device to the address specified in the registration form.

Congratulations, you have successfully completed the first step and created your TestFlight account!
Proceed to step 2 ...

2.2 Step 2: Install TestFlight application on your mobile device

Next, you will need to register the mobile device which you plan to use for beta testing and install the TestFlight app.
You can do this in one of two ways:
  • Check your mail from the mobile device on which you're planning to use the beta version of WoT Assistant and find an email with an invitation to register your mobile device. To begin your registration open this email on a mobile device and click «Get Started». You will be redirected to the device registration page, press «Connect Your Device» (see picture below).
  • If you have any problems viewing the email on a mobile device, go directly to the TestFlight website at https://testflightapp.com/login/ with your mobile browser, log in and wait till TestFlight redirects you to the device registration page, then press «Connect Your Device».

After pressing «Connect Your Device», the device will send a request to install the profile, confirm the request:

Press the «Connect Device» button.

Press «Install», then «Install Now».

The installation of the TestFlight profile is now complete: your mobile device is registered and the TestFlight application is installed on your device.
TestFlight icon should appear on the home screen of your device.

If you log into the application, the app builds list will be empty. This means you have no builds available for download yet, as developers need some time to add you to their mailing list.

Congratulations, you have successfully completed the second step!
Once you get a new message with an invitation to install the build, go to step 3 ...

2.3 Step 3: Install WoT Assistant beta build

Once you have successfully registered your mobile device and installed TestFlight, you will receive an invitation email to install the beta build.
To start the installation open this email on a mobile device and click «Install». You will be redirected to the installation page.

If you have any problems viewing the email on a mobile device enter the TestFlight application, installed on your device, select the «Apps» tab (see picture below), which will display the available build.

To install the build press «Install» and confirm installation.
After the installation is complete, WoT Assistant icon should appear on your home screen.

Note: If you have an already installed WoT Assistant version, this beta version will replace the current one.

3. Updating beta versions

So, once you have completed all three steps of the above instructions and installed the beta version of WoT Assistant, you can forget about TestFlight.
However, please do not remove the TestFlight application from your mobile device, since it’s the only way of ensuring that you're getting the latest beta builds. As soon as the updated version of the application is available for installation you will receive an email with an offer to update the application build. To start the installation of the build, you can open this email on a mobile device and click «Install».

Feedback

You can leave your feedback or send a problem report in two ways:
  • Send a report directly from the application. Settings -> Report a Problem.
  • Reply the email with an invitation to install the build .

Attached Files

• Attached File   IMG_0371.PNG   84.53K
  • Attached File   IMG_0373.PNG   145.08K
  • Attached File   IMG_0374.PNG   124.62K
  • Attached File   IMG_0375.PNG   262.51K
  • Attached File   IMG_0376.PNG   32.51K
  • Attached File   IMG_0380.PNG   113.87K
  • Attached File   IMG_0381.PNG   72.04K
  • Attached File   icon-512.png   160.64K
  • Attached File   unnamed.png   90.42K

Mausketeer #2 Posted Aug 22 2013 - 12:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7512 battles
Thank you! I have downloaded it, nice to see you guys keep on top of that stuff  :playing:

NavySnipers #3 Posted Aug 22 2013 - 12:58

Major

• Players
  • 20399 battles

View Postintellidjent, on Aug 22 2013 - 12:37, said:

Note: If you have an already installed WoT Assistant version, this beta version will replace the current one.
Do I still need to install testflight if I already have WoT Assistance installed?

GRB_Duck #4 Posted Aug 22 2013 - 13:04

Captain

• Players
  • 18397 battles
Beta.... yah sorry I don't NEED ANYTHING that bad to hork up my connection to the rest of the world.
Then again.... why would you need a mobile WOT app - are you THAT desperate (sad) that you need an electronic leash to the game 24/7?
Good luck with the app though - it means jobs for people.

deathmachine16 #5 Posted Aug 22 2013 - 13:30

Major

• Players
  • 21021 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
yay its here!

intellidjent #6 Posted Aug 22 2013 - 13:35

Corporal

• WG HQ Staff
  • 0 battles

View PostNavySnipers, on Aug 22 2013 - 12:58, said:

Do I still need to install testflight if I already have WoT Assistance installed?

Yes, TestFlight is still needed, because it's the only way you'll be able to get new beta versions.

Thank you!

SACEUR #7 Posted Aug 22 2013 - 13:36

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 38549 battles
is this just fro crApple? What about Android?

deathmachine16 #8 Posted Aug 22 2013 - 13:49

Major

• Players
  • 21021 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View Postintellidjent, on Aug 22 2013 - 13:35, said:

Yes, TestFlight is still needed, because it's the only way you'll be able to get new beta versions.
Thank you!
it worked on my Ipod now I just wait for a build!  :smile:  :smile:

Edited by deathmachine16, Aug 22 2013 - 13:56.

intellidjent #9 Posted Aug 22 2013 - 13:51

Corporal

• WG HQ Staff
  • 0 battles

View Postdeathmachine16, on Aug 22 2013 - 13:49, said:

so it says as the title here IOS but in the email I got the option of android or IOS so can I put it on both?

Sure, as soon as we set this service going for Android, you'll be able to receive builds for Android too.

intellidjent #10 Posted Aug 22 2013 - 15:31

Corporal

• WG HQ Staff
  • 0 battles

View PostSACEUR, on Aug 22 2013 - 13:36, said:

is this just fro crApple? What about Android?

As we mentioned previously, we'll launch the same thing on Android as soon as possible. Thank you!

Wolfpack #11 Posted Aug 26 2013 - 21:12

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 17816 battles
Anyone else having issues logging in?  I already had Testflight for a previous Beta, soI got the mail about the new version, downloaded, but now it's telling me, "Authorization error.  Please try again later"  I've checked and re-checked the password 12 times now, so I know that's right.

Grumpy_Turtle #12 Posted Sep 07 2013 - 01:42

Suggestions Volunteer

• -Players-
  • 12926 battles
Any plans for an iPad version?

p05_ #13 Posted Oct 12 2013 - 02:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11888 battles
  • [ACF] ACF
does it take time for the email for the beta to come up?

FreeFOXMIKE #14 Posted Nov 29 2013 - 11:35

Major

• Players
  • 18475 battles
  • [23RDB] 23RDB

View PostGRB_Duck, on Aug 22 2013 - 13:04, said:

Beta.... yah sorry I don't NEED ANYTHING that bad to hork up my connection to the rest of the world.
Then again.... why would you need a mobile WOT app - are you THAT desperate (sad) that you need an electronic leash to the game 24/7?
Good luck with the app though - it means jobs for people.

this was something that was a player request for your information ,after a number of request where made ,then a small survey was done and after they made the app. just so you know.

intellidjent #15 Posted Dec 09 2013 - 15:12

Corporal

• WG HQ Staff
  • 0 battles

View PostDJ_Endman, on Oct 12 2013 - 02:09, said:

does it take time for the email for the beta to come up?

We add new devices to the distribution list almost every day.
Email is sent when the next version after your submit is uploaded. It is normally 2 weeks between the uploads.

MrVND #16 Posted Dec 29 2013 - 07:44

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 5262 battles
i have done step 2 and wait for the build WOT and now i still not receive the WOT app, but the developer sent me the World of Airplane Assistant. why ?

Nick_GoVols #17 Posted Mar 11 2014 - 05:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24620 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA
It told me that my app to join in was submitted. How long does it take to get in? I've got an iPhone 5s.

Mikako #18 Posted Apr 24 2014 - 07:59

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 9356 battles
  • [SAKU] SAKU

Completed all the way up to step 2.2

Now I'm just waiting for a build to appear =/

creepygamer123 #19 Posted May 15 2014 - 01:36

Private

• Players
  • 7140 battles
  • [-ADP-] -ADP-

do i have to wait for the build to happen?

thanks

Also tagged with WoT_Assistant, beta-testing, iOS, TestFlight

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users