Jump to content


KV-1S nerf in 8.9

KV-1S nerf 8.9

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
115 replies to this topic

Poll: KV-1S Nerf in 8.9 (397 members have cast votes)

Should KV-1S be nerfed in 8.9

  1. No (227 votes [57.18%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 57.18%

  2. Voted Yes (170 votes [42.82%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 42.82%

Vote Hide poll

Ildasm #1 Posted Aug 26 2013 - 15:02

    Captain

  • Players
  • 50771 battles
  • 1,821
  • Member since:
    01-29-2012
Hi Tankers,

I read from a good source, FTR WOT, that "KV-1S will lose 122mm D-2-5 in 8.9 – it will be replaced by 100mm S-34 (not D-10T) and by 85mm 85BM gun"

Why WG is so nuts about nerfing everything that's a bit better than the rest? What's their goal? To have all tanks to be the same and have everything plain and boring? Anyways I don't think that KV-1S is much better than other tier 6 Heavy tanks, look at ARL 44 for example. I think it is just fine the way it is right now, plus 122mm gun is historical.

Anyways let me know what you think guys.

I am also attaching a poll to see what you guys think.

All the Best,

Dasm

Sentrom #2 Posted Aug 26 2013 - 15:05

    Corporal

  • Beta Testers
  • 19174 battles
  • 63
  • [_GUN_] _GUN_
  • Member since:
    10-06-2010
Because everyone likes vanilla ice cream.

TDRHooRaH #3 Posted Aug 26 2013 - 15:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 24023 battles
  • 4,645
  • Member since:
    09-21-2012
I thought it was getting a real good 100mm....

JASONTHACH97 #4 Posted Aug 26 2013 - 15:10

    Captain

  • Players
  • 25191 battles
  • 1,079
  • [STI] STI
  • Member since:
    10-26-2012

View PostIldasm, on Aug 26 2013 - 15:02, said:

Why WG is so nuts about nerfing everything that's a bit better than the rest? What's their goal? To have all tanks to be the same and have everything plain and boring? Anyways I don't think that KV-1S is much better than other tier 6 Heavy tanks, look at ARL 44 for example. I think it is just fine the way it is right now, plus 122mm gun is historical.
Its like they're saying; More arcade, less historical! :trollface:

Tpaktop2_1 #5 Posted Aug 26 2013 - 15:15

    Major

  • Players
  • 45269 battles
  • 3,064
  • Member since:
    10-09-2011
I hear the Devs are arguing over this nerf. All of this is rumor speculation now. We have to wait and see.

Sources:

http://ftr.wot-news....8/25/25-8-2013/

Quote

- it looks like no matter what happens with the KV-1S 122mm gun, the 100mm S-34 will be added either way
- the reason for KV-1S balance is that it stands out in the statistics. Not terribly, but it does. So in any case it is necessery to somehow nerf the 122mm KV-1S, but what exactly is still being discussed


http://ftr.wot-news....8/24/24-8-2013/

Quote

- it is not hundred percent confirmed, that the KV-1S will lose the 122mm gun: “We are solving it at this moment”. Apparently there is a conflict between SerB and Zlobny, SerB wants to keep it, while Zlobny wants to throw it out. But the 100mm S-34 will be added either way.


Guest_xxxlawdogxxx_* #6 Posted Aug 26 2013 - 15:41

  • Guest
From what I read, the 122 never worked on the KV1s. This frame was more of a medium line build and had many issues including the engine. So when you speak of history, I think this tank is more fiction.
It would probably be better to align the guns with historical data, even though I know WoT also tailors the penetration and damage as they see fit.
http://en.wikipedia....Voroshilov_tank

Edited by xxxlawdogxxx, Aug 26 2013 - 15:52.


Gero82 #7 Posted Aug 26 2013 - 16:05

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 28815 battles
  • 46
  • [--M--] --M--
  • Member since:
    11-30-2012
**user opinion**
The game will lose a LOT of fun if they do that. IMO is the worst nerf that they ever could think of.ç
Whats the problem with the KV1s as it is now? it is not unfair to play with it, any one can get one, its not like.. "oh no, I cant get that tank with that gun, only certain people (or clans) can get it" EVERY ONE has the chance to get it and have a fair and balanced game (specially in tank companies). People that complain about that tank or that gun is basically because 1).- they dont have it or 2).- they dont know how to play it (even that its not rocket science and is also a very friendly tank to play).
What I think about nerfing tanks: Why WG have to nerf everything that is good? Why they need and insist in taking fun facts out of this game instead of dedicate some time to "balance" or buffing really bad tanks that NOBODY wants to play like the AMX 38 or 40? Or increase penetration or damage to guns like the T32s? They already made a HUGE mistake decreasing speed to the T50 and nerfing arties (be noted that I am not an arty lover nor a scout fan).
What they are doing with this game, in general, is taking the fun out and taking or making some bad changes so more people get bored and stops playing it. What is the worst fact about all the tank "balancing"? that WG doesnt even take care of the players opinion nor make any simple poll (like this one) to see what the people think about it (if they like it or not). Remember WG guys, you have a really good product between your hands, and if you had succes with it is because of the people who plays it and in some cases pay for it. You are not the only game developers and probably tomorrow, the next month or the next year any other developer can come out and actually take care of people choices and take the jewel out of your crown.
**user feedback**
Stop nerfing tanks (that are really fun to play with) and invest that wasted time making some improvements to boring to play tanks, game-player interface, develope good (anti camp, not slow to play and frame rate friendly -not winter seasoned-) maps, making (more and pro-gamer interests opinion) polls, take care of the tournaments issues (this is not a new game nor a beta-test), etc...
It is not about making this game easy for not good skilled players, is about not taking good and fun things out of WOT.

Edited by Gero82, Aug 26 2013 - 16:12.


Gero82 #8 Posted Aug 26 2013 - 16:07

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 28815 battles
  • 46
  • [--M--] --M--
  • Member since:
    11-30-2012

View Postxxxlawdogxxx, on Aug 26 2013 - 15:41, said:

From what I read, the 122 never worked on the KV1s. This frame was more of a medium line build and had many issues including the engine. So when you speak of history, I think this tank is more fiction.
It would probably be better to align the guns with historical data, even though I know WoT also tailors the penetration and damage as they see fit.
http://en.wikipedia....Voroshilov_tank

This is not a tank simulator, this is a game and is intended to be played as one.

ComradeHX #9 Posted Aug 26 2013 - 16:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 13810 battles
  • 5,791
  • Member since:
    12-02-2011

View PostGero82, on Aug 26 2013 - 16:05, said:

**user opinion**
The game will lose a LOT of fun if they do that. IMO is the worst nerf that they ever could think of.ç
Whats the problem with the KV1s as it is now? it is not unfair to play with it, any one can get one, its not like.. "oh no, I cant get that tank with that gun, only certain people (or clans) can get it" EVERY ONE has the chance to get it and have a fair and balanced game (specially in tank companies). People that complain about that tank or that gun is basically because 1).- they dont have it or 2).- they dont know how to play it (even that its not rocket science and is also a very friendly tank to play).
What I think about nerfing tanks: Why WG have to nerf everything that is good? Why they need and insist in taking fun facts out of this game instead of dedicate some time to "balance" or buffing really bad tanks that NOBODY wants to play like the AMX 38 or 40? Or increase penetration or damage to guns like the T32s? They already made a HUGE mistake decreasing speed to the T50 and nerfing arties (be noted that I am not an arty lover nor a scout fan).
What they are doing with this game, in general, is taking the fun out and taking or making some bad changes so more people get bored and stops playing it. What is the worst fact about all the tank "balancing"? that WG doesnt even take care of the players opinion nor make any simple poll (like this one) to see what the people think about it (if they like it or not). Remember WG guys, you have a really good product between your hands, and if you had succes with it is because of the people who plays it and in some cases pay for it. You are not the only game developers and probably tomorrow, the next month or the next year any other developer can come out and actually take care of people choices and take the jewel out of your crown.
Taking fun out of people wanting to plau op tanks to make up for skill?
Working as intended.
Kv-1S is not op like certain tier X, but it still is a bit op(-8 depression + decent mobility).

Edited by ComradeHX, Aug 26 2013 - 16:26.


Tpaktop2_1 #10 Posted Aug 26 2013 - 20:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 45269 battles
  • 3,064
  • Member since:
    10-09-2011
UPDATE: 122 Gun controversy. SerB wants to keep the 122. I really wish they make up their minds on the issue.
Source:
http://ftr.wot-news....8/26/26-8-2013/

Quote

- S-34 (the new coming KV-1S gun) is roughly equal to the 100mm D-10T, it’s a bit weaker in secondary parameters
- SerB is still fighting to keep the 122mm KV-1S

Edited by Tpaktop2_1, Aug 26 2013 - 20:59.


Thugzcry #11 Posted Aug 26 2013 - 22:02

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 38153 battles
  • 99
  • Member since:
    03-20-2011
GG WOT back to WOW cya later

rustyshackelford3000 #12 Posted Aug 26 2013 - 22:16

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 25295 battles
  • 656
  • [T-D] T-D
  • Member since:
    02-02-2012
If they put the 100 on it the tank could be just as good with the increased rof.

Gero82 #13 Posted Aug 27 2013 - 01:12

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 28815 battles
  • 46
  • [--M--] --M--
  • Member since:
    11-30-2012

View Postrustyshackelford3000, on Aug 26 2013 - 22:16, said:

If they put the 100 on it the tank could be just as good with the increased rof.

NO it is not! Is not the same thing to give 450 damage in one shot that the same amount within 3 different shots. Why?, simple, because you can miss one of those or the enemy tank can relocate its position between each shot. Or its the same thing to the Jgdpz E100 to deal 1000 HP damage in one shot than two shots of 500? I dont think so!

Whats next? Nerf the Chafee? Nerf the FV215B? Nerf every tank in the game that people says is OP? Really? Switching to War Thunder (Tanks Division) ASAP, or as soon as they "downgrade" any other tank!.

Fulcrous_really_heckin #14 Posted Aug 27 2013 - 02:04

    Major

  • WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 33214 battles
  • 4,348
  • [BULBA] BULBA
  • Member since:
    07-27-2012
*supposedly going to nerf the KV1S by removing the 122*
*completely forgets the existence of the 130mm cannon on the 100Y with the same RoF*

dont see the point in this.

Wazzadakka94 #15 Posted Aug 27 2013 - 02:12

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 14610 battles
  • 482
  • [AWOO] AWOO
  • Member since:
    02-25-2011

View PostInchanJung, on Aug 27 2013 - 02:04, said:

*supposedly going to nerf the KV1S by removing the 122*
*completely forgets the existence of the 130mm cannon on the 100Y with the same RoF*

dont see the point in this.

But the SU 100Y is a big slow armored brick, that is similar in size to the emire state building.

Cirran #16 Posted Aug 27 2013 - 14:20

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 12467 battles
  • 703
  • [SHAB] SHAB
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011
The SU100Y is a slow, hardly any armor Mobile Home with a big gun. The community kind of brought this nerf on it's self. Look at the games at tier 6. How many times do you see 4 plus Kv1s's on each team in a fight? Name another tier 6 you see 3 or more of on one team? You don't, not even Hellcats, the other popular tier 6 vehicle. With WG's big push to be taken seriously as a E sport. They are gonna have to visit just about every tank in the game for balancing. We all know there are superior tanks at every tier, just like there are sub par tanks at every tier.

Cirran

SumiXam #17 Posted Aug 27 2013 - 15:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 7675 battles
  • 4,842
  • Member since:
    09-28-2011

View PostCirran, on Aug 27 2013 - 14:20, said:

The SU100Y is a slow, hardly any armor Mobile Home with a big gun. The community kind of brought this nerf on it's self. Look at the games at tier 6. How many times do you see 4 plus Kv1s's on each team in a fight? Name another tier 6 you see 3 or more of on one team? You don't, not even Hellcats, the other popular tier 6 vehicle. With WG's big push to be taken seriously as a E sport. They are gonna have to visit just about every tank in the game for balancing. We all know there are superior tanks at every tier, just like there are sub par tanks at every tier.
Cirran
The funny thing is that seeing a KV-1S in battle, let alone multiples of them, was a rarity before the KV-3 got moved to Tier 7. Tier 6 is pretty balanced in my opinion. There are several very fun vehicles there and they can all effectively counter each other.
.
I also find it rather amusing that you're so versed on a tank you haven't even played.  :sceptic:  Get a -1S and play it before you decide that it's OP.

Spanktankk #18 Posted Aug 27 2013 - 15:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 37600 battles
  • 11,112
  • [KFB] KFB
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011
The forum was slow this week so they decided to piss off the Russian tank players with the -1S nerf.

All the German players "got their share" last week with all the Panther/Tiger engine removals.

Pringworm #19 Posted Aug 27 2013 - 16:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 27080 battles
  • 2,385
  • [SIG] SIG
  • Member since:
    07-31-2011
I like how this is something that Serb is trying to fight against. It means it will most likely not come to pass, or if it does, I get to sit in my chair and think that Serb was told no, just for once on a ludicrous balance choice.

Gero82 #20 Posted Aug 27 2013 - 16:50

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 28815 battles
  • 46
  • [--M--] --M--
  • Member since:
    11-30-2012

View PostSumiXam, on Aug 27 2013 - 15:31, said:

The funny thing is that seeing a KV-1S in battle, let alone multiples of them, was a rarity before the KV-3 got moved to Tier 7. Tier 6 is pretty balanced in my opinion. There are several very fun vehicles there and they can all effectively counter each other.
.
I also find it rather amusing that you're so versed on a tank you haven't even played. :sceptic: Get a -1S and play it before you decide that it's OP.

And thats why I stated: why people complain about it. You are right by all means!

View PostGero82, on Aug 26 2013 - 16:05, said:

**user opinion**
The game will lose a LOT of fun if they do that. IMO is the worst nerf that they ever could think of.ç
Whats the problem with the KV1s as it is now? it is not unfair to play with it, any one can get one, its not like.. "oh no, I cant get that tank with that gun, only certain people (or clans) can get it" EVERY ONE has the chance to get it and have a fair and balanced game (specially in tank companies). People that complain about that tank or that gun is basically because 1).- they dont have it or 2).- they dont know how to play it (even that its not rocket science and is also a very friendly tank to play).






Also tagged with KV-1S, nerf, 8.9

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users