Color-coded WoT icons on tanks / garage screen

WoT colors RNO

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

Rno404slid #1 Posted Aug 27 2013 - 04:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 7377 battles

On my garage screen the WoT logo to the left of my name has a color to it. Sometimes when I'm logged on it looks a little bluish and other times it seems to be a shade of purple. Maybe it's just my graphics card.

On some other posts yesterday I think I remember people talking something about the "purples" and the "blues" and/or the colors of tanks.  I can't remember where it was.

Is there a color-coding list of some kind posted somewhere in relation to the color of the WoT logo or the colors of tanks?

Thanks.

RNO

nineshotwonder #2 Posted Aug 27 2013 - 04:51

Major

• Players
  • 14240 battles
  • [BFPA] BFPA
The purple WoT logo beside your name is because the clan you're in doesn't have a clan tag/little picture for it yet. If you look under your name in your posts you'll see the same logo next to the clan name.

Major_Gimpy #3 Posted Aug 27 2013 - 05:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10382 battles

View PostRno404slid, on Aug 27 2013 - 04:47, said:

On some other posts yesterday I think I remember people talking something about the "purples" and the "blues" and/or the colors of tanks.  I can't remember where it was.

They were probably referring to the XVM colouring of players/vehicles in the names list.  Red is bad, purple is best.  Could be based upon win rates, # games played, WN6-7 efficiency ratings, either overall or for that specific veh, whatever their specific xvm mod is set for.

Kuroth_ #4 Posted Aug 27 2013 - 05:11

Captain

• Players
  • 4865 battles
When someone posts about "purples" and "blues", they're referring to WN7 ratings generally.

Blue players are very good, purple players are extremely good.

The blue name that you see in the garage only shows up if you've done a large amount of team damage recently. Nothing to do with the other subject.

I'm not sure what would cause names to be purple (outside of XVM).