44 replies to this topic

Yoott #1 Posted Aug 28 2013 - 22:07

Player

• Players
  • 24549 battles
Posted Image

General Rules
  • Each battle will last 10 minutes max.
  • The standard battle mode will be used.
  • Consult WGLNA.com for all offiicial details including rules, schedules and further information.
  • Only one team advances to WGLNA Season 2 from this qualifier.
  • Brackets will be randomly seeded.
  • All matches will follow a best of 5 format. In the event of a draw, teams will move on to the next  map.
  • If after 5 maps, teams are still tied, they will continue playing any unplayed maps. Every battle after the 5th battle should be considered Sudden Death (the first team to win a map wins the match). If all maps have been exhausted, teams may reset the map pool and continue Sudden Death play.
During the Qualifiers only for any Broadcast matches if after battle 5 there is no winner the match will go to a sudden death shootout.

Vehicle Limit: Tier VIII
  • Tier points: 42 tier points (-1 for each player less than 7)
  • Teams may choose to play without a complete 7 players. Teams cannot play with less than 5 players.
  • No reschedules- matches must be played at designated times. Those times will be explicitly stated at www.wglna.com

MAP SELECTION
The team located at the top of each matchup on the official bracket page vetoes the first map from the map pool. The other team vetoes the next map. This continues until one map is left. The team that does the final veto also
chooses the spawn position, and picks the first two tanks. From this point on, the team that lost the last game will pick both the next map and spawn position.
The following maps may be used:
  • Mines
  • Himmelsdorf
  • Prokhorovka
  • Ensk
  • Ruinberg
  • Abbey
  • Steppes
  • Cliffs

TANK SELECTION
  • The team that chooses the map (or that makes the last veto) picks the first 2 tanks. The other team then picks 2 tanks. This process continues until everyone has picked their tanks. At this point, tank selection may not be changed. Once everyone has chosen their tanks, gameplay may commence.
  • Every member of a team must record replays and take screenshots of battle results and rule violations.
  • Upon completion of a match, the winning team should report their victory by clicking victory on the bracket listed at www.wglna.com. (this will require a www.battlefy.com account)
  • Teams found to be using players that are not part of their rosters may be disqualified at the discretion of the league admins.
  • In the event of a dispute, players should contact an available WGLNA_Admin in the WGLNAQual chat channel in the World of Tanks client.

Getting Into Your Matches
  • Unlike other World of Tanks competitions, the matches for this event are not automated.
  • Brackets & match schedule will be released on Wednesday, September 18th.
  • The first round of qualifier 2 play begins Thursday, September 19th at 5PM PST. Teams should be aware of their start times and their first round opponents by checking the bracket listed at www.wglna.com
  • Teams should appoint at least 1 member to join World of Tanks chat channel “WGLNAQual” to coordinate matches and to contact league admins if necessary.
  • Matches will take place in “Team Training” rooms, and should follow the format listed above.
  • Teams will  be responsible for contacting their opponents and starting their matches on time. Each round of play will have a designated start time, and matches must not be played ahead of their scheduled start times. (ex: If your team is scheduled to play at 8 PM PST, that match should not be played any earlier than 8 PM PST.
  • In the event of a team NOT being able to connect with an opponent, a WGLNA_Admin should be contacted. If that admin deems it necessary, the available team may be awarded a walkover victory.
  • Qualification will take place over several days, and teams should be aware of the schedule which will be posted and updated at www.wglna.com
  • Any questions or disputes should be settled by contact an WGLNA_Admin in the WGLNAQual chat channel.
  • Consult WGLNA.com for all offiicial details including rules, schedules and further information.
Tournament Page

Edited by Captain_Judo, Sep 18 2013 - 18:51.

Muscles1_CLLEGEND #2 Posted Aug 28 2013 - 22:13

Captain

• Community Contributor
  • 49842 battles
  • [CRAKD] CRAKD
Already?
Don't they get a break? lol

Yoott #3 Posted Aug 28 2013 - 22:15

Player

• Players
  • 24549 battles

View Postmuscles1, on Aug 28 2013 - 22:13, said:

Already?
Don't they get a break? lol

they had a week off NOW BACK TO WORK LOL

This the 1st of 2 qualifiers to fill back in the last two WGLNA spots so its needs to all happen before the league season starts.

Muscles1_CLLEGEND #4 Posted Aug 28 2013 - 22:20

Captain

• Community Contributor
  • 49842 battles
  • [CRAKD] CRAKD

View PostYoott, on Aug 28 2013 - 22:15, said:

they had a week off NOW BACK TO WORK LOL

This the 1st of 2 qualifiers to fill back in the last two WGLNA spots so its needs to all happen before the league season starts.
Sleep...I had it once...It was nice.

GeeForcer #5 Posted Aug 28 2013 - 22:35

Sergeant

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 13801 battles
  • [GTTM] GTTM

View PostYoott, on Aug 28 2013 - 22:15, said:

Would be it possible to get the details of this down on (e-)paper? NFTF had the specifics but I was still confused as to how exactly the 16 spots will be filled for WGLNA Season 2. Details on the dates would also be nice  :smiles:

anonym_X42HhviOmpEf #6 Posted Aug 29 2013 - 02:52

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
So far we know that the top 2 Major League teams qualified, that there are 2 more spots open (Qualifier 1 and Qualifier 2), and according to the Major League webpage, there is a special playoff for teams that finished 3rd-6th for "a chance at 4 berths". Now I am not sure if this is mistaken, as that would total 8 teams that either get booted or have to fight to stay in the WGLNA from Season 1, which seems a bit extreme (i.e. if you didn't make the finals you aren't guaranteed to be there for Season 2).

I can't seem to find any information on the date of this special playoff, or how many other teams, if any, besides (3rd-6th place in the Majors) are involved. Do they compete only against each other, or do they play against WGLNA teams for these berths?

Also, even if I knew how many teams were involved in the playoff, I still wouldn't know WHICH teams are booted and which have to play to remain in the WGLNA. For no where does it specify whether final standings are based on rank in the bracket, or overall win loss record. Some teams have a worse record than other teams, but they have a higher final standing in their bracket. E.g. Turtle Police finished 5th in Bracket A with a 2-5 record, while EC finished 6th out of 8 in Bracket B with a 3-4 record. Which finishes higher?

Edited by Liebestod, Aug 29 2013 - 03:00.

AMartin223 #7 Posted Aug 29 2013 - 04:02

Major

• Players
  • 12594 battles
  • [T1C] T1C

View PostLiebestod, on Aug 29 2013 - 02:52, said:

So far we know that the top 2 Major League teams qualified, that there are 2 more spots open (Qualifier 1 and Qualifier 2), and according to the Major League webpage, there is a special playoff for teams that finished 3rd-6th for "a chance at 4 berths". Now I am not sure if this is mistaken, as that would total 8 teams that either get booted or have to fight to stay in the WGLNA from Season 1, which seems a bit extreme (i.e. if you didn't make the finals you aren't guaranteed to be there for Season 2).

I can't seem to find any information on the date of this special playoff, or how many other teams, if any, besides (3rd-6th place in the Majors) are involved. Do they compete only against each other, or do they play against WGLNA teams for these berths?

Also, even if I knew how many teams were involved in the playoff, I still wouldn't know WHICH teams are booted and which have to play to remain in the WGLNA. For no where does it specify whether final standings are based on rank in the bracket, or overall win loss record. Some teams have a worse record than other teams, but they have a higher final standing in their bracket. E.g. Turtle Police finished 5th in Bracket A with a 2-5 record, while EC finished 6th out of 8 in Bracket B with a 3-4 record. Which finishes higher?

The 8 teams that made it to Vegas are in.  Two teams (Strike and someone else, I'm assuming the last place in the other group but not sure) are out (replaced by 1/2 in Major League).  Either 4 of the remaining 6 or all 6 (not sure which) got preferential seeding in the playoff with the 3-6th place teams in the Major League in a fight for 4 slots (no idea how that seeding worked).  The last two slots go to two open qualifiers (most likely to be won by one of the 10 teams listed previously).

anonym_X42HhviOmpEf #8 Posted Aug 29 2013 - 04:47

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
There's also the issue that one team might qualify twice. For instance there is a WAR & PEACE team signed up for Qualifier 1, while they are also going to be in the special playoff. If they qualify both times, which team gets promoted? The team that just missed the cutoff in the special playoff, or the team that finished 2nd in Qualifier 1?

Edited by Liebestod, Aug 29 2013 - 04:48.

AMartin223 #9 Posted Aug 29 2013 - 05:40

Major

• Players
  • 12594 battles
  • [T1C] T1C

View PostLiebestod, on Aug 29 2013 - 04:47, said:

There's also the issue that one team might qualify twice. For instance there is a WAR & PEACE team signed up for Qualifier 1, while they are also going to be in the special playoff. If they qualify both times, which team gets promoted? The team that just missed the cutoff in the special playoff, or the team that finished 2nd in Qualifier 1?
Pretty sure the other qualifier already happened, not 100% on that though

anonym_X42HhviOmpEf #10 Posted Aug 29 2013 - 06:20

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostAMartin223, on Aug 29 2013 - 05:40, said:

Pretty sure the other qualifier already happened, not 100% on that though

See that's something I'd also like to know, I had no idea lol

Zakume #11 Posted Aug 30 2013 - 02:07

Major

• 37338 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA
Pretty sure this is the first round of quals for season 2.

The team that chooses the map (or that makes the last veto) picks the first 2 tanks. The other team then picks 2 tanks. This process continues until everyone has picked their tanks. At this point, tank selection may not be changed. Once everyone has chosen their tanks, gameplay may commence.

Thought it was decided before that just picking whatever tanks in 3 minutes was a better way to do it than each team picking tanks like this. Does the 3 minute rule still apply here then? What about for the finals?
I heard this is how they did the qualifiers last season, which I completely did not know. I'm assuming regular season will have different rules more akin to the first season minus the vetoing system since we talked about that.

Edited by Zakume, Aug 31 2013 - 06:17.

acdub #12 Posted Aug 30 2013 - 04:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17668 battles
From what I understand, We (War&Peace) will be part of the special play off for the 3-6 ranked teams in Majors + 4 from WGNLA before this qualifier takes off. So if we get a spot for WGNLA from the special playoff we will be standing down in the qualifier. As I would assume any other team in the same position would do.

BarrooM #13 Posted Aug 30 2013 - 19:06

Major

• Players
  • 18618 battles

View Postacdub, on Aug 30 2013 - 04:25, said:

From what I understand, We (War&Peace) will be part of the special play off for the 3-6 ranked teams in Majors + 4 from WGNLA before this qualifier takes off. So if we get a spot for WGNLA from the special playoff we will be standing down in the qualifier. As I would assume any other team in the same position would do.

You have Pave_Low, I'm sure you will be fine.

Mausketeer #14 Posted Aug 31 2013 - 02:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7512 battles
I'll be looking forward to this one! haha

Please Wait... coming to computers near you!

GLM_ #15 Posted Aug 31 2013 - 16:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22277 battles
  • [BE] BE
Im kind of confused for the teams here anyone wanna clear the confusion for me?
From what I see aLarge2 made a team called Simposaurus rex and at the same time he is part of "Simplistic" from WGLNA which is not in the bottom 4. so if aLarge2's team wins the qualifier what happens? does he get to be in 2 teams at the same time?
Same with SIMPlistic team in the Qualifiers by SpeedWeaponary. He is also part of Simplistic in WGLNA. if he makes it does he get to play in both teams? and both teams have the same team names as well.

LamaLeif #16 Posted Sep 01 2013 - 19:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11811 battles

View PostGlM, on Aug 31 2013 - 16:22, said:

Im kind of confused for the teams here anyone wanna clear the confusion for me?
From what I see aLarge2 made a team called Simposaurus rex and at the same time he is part of "Simplistic" from WGLNA which is not in the bottom 4. so if aLarge2's team wins the qualifier what happens? does he get to be in 2 teams at the same time?
Same with SIMPlistic team in the Qualifiers by SpeedWeaponary. He is also part of Simplistic in WGLNA. if he makes it does he get to play in both teams? and both teams have the same team names as well.
Simplistic ended up in the bottom half of WGLNA, so they need to qualify either through the invitational wglna/major league qualifier or the open qualifier on the tournament page. The reality is that teams change from season to season, aLarge and MightyPillow left Simplistic to start their own team, there is nobody playing for two teams.

GLM_ #17 Posted Sep 01 2013 - 19:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22277 battles
  • [BE] BE

View PostLamaLeif, on Sep 01 2013 - 19:23, said:

Simplistic ended up in the bottom half of WGLNA, so they need to qualify either through the invitational wglna/major league qualifier or the open qualifier on the tournament page. The reality is that teams change from season to season, aLarge and MightyPillow left Simplistic to start their own team, there is nobody playing for two teams.
Ah that got me confused because I thought only "4" teams were being taken out from WGLNA which 2 will be replaced by major league and 2 which will be replaced by qualifiers. and thxs for helping me out.

GodEmperorMillard #18 Posted Sep 03 2013 - 03:59

Major

• Players
  • 25820 battles
What time do we expect the playoffs to be? I'm needing to know for scheduling details.

amr5756 #19 Posted Sep 04 2013 - 20:40

Private

• Players
  • 5597 battles
:amazed::amazed::amazed::amazed::amazed::amazed::amazed::amazed:

Zakume #20 Posted Sep 04 2013 - 23:45

Major

• 37338 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

View PostMillardthemk, on Sep 03 2013 - 03:59, said:

What time do we expect the playoffs to be? I'm needing to know for scheduling details.
#BlameYoott
I think he forgot to get the person who does the dates coffee, and thus the dates never got posted cuz that person fell asleep on their keyboard.  :trollface:

Edited by Zakume, Sep 04 2013 - 23:45.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users