WoT Newsletter Volume #10

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
51 replies to this topic

MrVic #-19 Posted Jan 26 2011 - 23:21

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

World of Tanks Newsletter Volume #10

[quote name='Welcome to the World of Tanks Newsletter!']Our goal is to weekly update with news events, new information on current issues, and interesting articles!
If you think you have a story or article that would fit in well submit the article to MrVic via PM on the WoT boards.
We plan to add some reporters/writers so submit your entries or ideas and how you might like to contribute!

Also this week a look behind the scenes of the nuts and bolts of the World of Tanks Newsletter!
Below is the edit display of a last weeks newsletter.  Goes to show how easy it is to mess up a link :)
Spoiler                     
[/quote]

[quote name='Developers Corner ']

[quote name='Developers Message to the Community']

Through the course of the Closed beta test, there were both moments of joy and frustration, but it would of been impossible to achieve such high level of the game without this testing. During the open beta test, we will do our best to take into account all the issues that caused concern and frustration. Tons of changes concerning gameplay and the community are coming, and rest assured the WoT team will be reviewing more and more information provided by the community.  The WoT team is immensely grateful to all of our closed beta testers, without you it would be impossible to achieve all that we have so far.

Prepare for Clanwars and coming changes, because its going to be an all out war!

Thank you,

WOT  Development  Team

[/quote]

Dev Question and Answer Compilation Round #2 (See last weeks Newsletter Last weeks QA summary):)
Spoiler                     
[/quote]

[quote name='News Headlines']

WORLD OF TANKS OPEN BETA VIDEOMy link

OFFICIAL OPEN BETA BEGINS!News Link Details

OFFICIAL OPEN BETA LAUNCHNews Link Details

CRAVING FOR A PALADIN — GO FOR THE PRIEST!News Link Details

PREVIEW FROM ARMCHAIRGENERAL.COMNews Link Details

BEST STAGED SCREENSHOT CONTEST WINNERSNews Link Details

[/quote]

[quote name='Main Discussions on the Forums']
Have thoughts or concerns? The following Threads are the main threads for discussing changes or feedback.

Official Tracks - Tracked - Tracking ThreadLink to Main Topic

Match Making ThreadLink to Main Topic

Post Patch SPG ThreadLink to Main Topic

Official Hard/Soft Wipe Discussion ThreadLink to Main Topic

Official Tank View Range / Spotting ThreadLink to Main Topic

Thread Covering Open Beta information  What Open Beta Means to you!

[/quote]

[quote name='Hot Topic of the Week']
Clans and ClanWars From a players/mods perspective.
Link to Thread

Spoiler                     

[/quote]

[quote name='Fake Tip of the Week'] Fake Tip of the Week: If you find away to achieve 88kph you ripper a hole in fabric of time
and are able to rewind to a earlier point in a battle!

Spoiler                     
[/quote]

[quote name='Post of the Week']

You Can Help Stop The Spread Of P.U.T.T.S!
A comedic way of teaching good game ethics

Link to Thread
[quote name='Argo66' timestamp='1287590093' post='184782']
Yes P.U.T.T.S "Premature Upper Tank Tier Syndrome" is a disease that can strike any WoT player but usually hits the newcomers mostly, P.U.T.T.S is caused by the players mad rush through the tank tiers to get to a upper tier tank only to find that he/she cannot afford to run it or has learned the needed skills through the lower tanks to handle it.  Yes it's sad to see when the stricken player becomes so upset because they did not take the time to learn the lower tiers and appreciate how the tanks work then they fly right up to a superheavy and get owned badly because they thought that upper tier means "invincible".  P.U.T.T.S is the first stage of this which can eventually lead to greifing and then TKing.  You can tell if someone has P.U.T.T.S because they have a bloated attitude and ego thinking that they are General Patton himself barking orders all over the battlefield and rushing repeatedly headlong into certain death then sit in their now burning hulks blaming all the other players for their loss.  Luckly there is hope for these arm chair Generals.

How do you cure P.U.T.T.S?

Simple, Take time to learn about each tank on your path up the tree, Get knowledge from senior players and ask for help.  Practice good sportsmanship and be helpful to your team mates. Communicate to your arty and other teams to see what the basic plan is.  Never run away and leave your team mates to get mauled or sit there and watch.  In short, Work smarter not harder.

Remember the 3 basic rules: We plan together, We fight together, We win or die together.

After all, No one likes to play with someone who acts like a putts...... :lol:
[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote name='A Look to the Future']  

Gold Assignment in Open Beta
[quote]During open beta stage all beta testers will be getting 250 gold a day.[/quote]

Game Maps in High Resolution
[quote]Check out the album HERE. Might be useful for clan leaders.[/quote]

Patch beta v.0.6.3.2 update
Spoiler                     

[/quote]

[quote name='Pictures of the Week']
Note: Many of these images are from projects in progress. They should be considered Alpha images and not final

US Tank Destroyer T95
Spoiler                     

New Map Preview "Westfield"
Spoiler                     
Spoiler                     
Spoiler                     

Last Weeks Pictures of the Week (Archive)
Spoiler                     
[/quote]

[quote name='Weekly Web Comics']
The Loltraktor Chronicles by: Wallachia (1st Armored Division) Link to the Authors site.
Spoiler                     

Maus (Comic Contest Submission) By: SourKraut
Spoiler                     

[/quote]

[quote name='Tank Skin of the Week']
This weeks featured Tank skin is by "ThePfeil" Thread Link

Panther II, Ardennes '44

Spoiler                     

[/quote]

[quote name='Tank Reviews'] Written By: Diastant

The IS-3

History: The IS-3 was first designed in 1944, but many sources claim that it didn't see any action in Europe, though some source sclaim that it fought against the Japanese in Manchuria. Nevertheless, it took part in the parade of Berlin and was modernized into the IS-3M in 1960. They were used up to 1973 by many other armed forces around the world. The Israel’s withdrew them because of engine problems and the slow reload times.

Armor: You now have 1350 h.p., and when upgraded to the T-10 turret, 1400 h.p. This is the first tank that you will find that will bounce enemy shells like crazy. The Soviets called it the Pike, because of its distinctive hull shape, which is angled and like a pike nose. When you are battling enemy tanks, try to angle your front armor so that it faces directly toward them. You will get ammo-racked a lot though, because a lot of your ammo is stored in your turret, and the armor is a little weak in the turret. When people auto-aim you, they aim for the turret, which has weaker armor. Nevertheless, it's still a good, reliable heavy tank, depending on how youhandle it. Watch out for your back though, you have 2 fuel tanks that aresitting ducks and it has relatively weaker armor compared to that of the frontal armor. The side armor has to be watched too.

Firepower: Correct me if I'm wrong, the IS-3 has the choice of mounting 5 guns, the 85mm, the 100mm, 2x 122mm's, and the otherone, the BL-9 122mm gun. This thing has spectacular penetration, and with this,you can finally penetrate Ferdinand's and Jagdtiger's in the front. It has more penetration than the other guns, and it has a very different muzzle brake. The BL-9 will still be used by your IS-4. It may seem the same as the previous guns,but it's worth the extra penetration. The BL-9 also is used by a Soviet Tank Destroyer. The BL-9 122mm gun, combined with the T-10 turret makes for a very lethal combination, the turret traverse is good for its tier and the 122mm gun make it good on the battlefield.

Mobility: As an IS-3, you are one of the fastest, lightest, most maneuverable heavy tanks in the game. Your top speed is 36 km/hwhich may not seem a lot but it's worth it. You have a 700 h.p. engine that cantake to to 36 km/h in a very short amount of time. To be honest, the IS-3 is like a heavy medium. Just slower than the Panther in turning and the speed is considerably slower. You can even perform the Circle of Death on slower tanks,which is circling the tank with your turret facing it. Do it on Jagdtigers/Ferdinand's and they will be very unhappy. Soviet heavies sort of tend to favor speed and power, but their bouncy armor makes for a good defense. The IS-3 can get to places on the map very quickly.

Fear Factor: Before the first soft wipe, I was in a IS, the enemy had an IS-3, and the rest were either light tanks or very lowtier mediums. I thought this was a free round but I ran into an IS-3, and my fear level rose up 5 times. If you are a lower tier tank, the IS-3 on the enemy team means trouble for you. It is agile, swift, bouncy, and has a mean turret and gun to go along with it. If you've seen an IS-3 in-game, you will know that the T-10 turret, the pancake one, has a faster turret traverse than the default turret. The BL-9 gun is also something you should watch out for, Ferdinand'sand Jagdtigers watch out because the BL-9 can penetrate your frontal armor,which is supposed to be the strongest on your tank.

Overall Value: The IS-3 is truly a great tank, if it had seen action in WW2, then it would have been very useful against the German Tigers and Panzers. You’re a tier 8 heavy in the game, you are the mainbattle force, alongside Tigers, King Tigers, IS-4's, IS's, and many other heavies. You are important to your team. Do not let them hit you. You 122mm gunis great because it can hit a lot of things. The tank is worth getting. In lowtier battles, it's very good. It has a distinctive shape that other tanks can't match, and combined with its fearsome looks and very low profile, beaten by that of the T-54, this truly deserves a #2 on my review list.

Comments/Suggestions are welcome.

[/quote]

[quote name='Community Driven Content']

Historical Battles!
Historical Battles, Link to Section

Color Blind? Check this out!
Color Blind (Mod) by:SmVueno  Right now in game options are not complete, but the following thread created by SmVueno provides some help. Link to Thread

[/quote]

[quote name='Help Wanted']

New Positions Open!
Looking for 1-2 Players from NA and EU forums to join the Newsletter Staff.  Looking for players that are avid readers of the forums, main work entails finding funny or well written posts, recent information on info segments posted by the devs ect and other content such as finding tank skins for each weeks Newsletter publications.  Main focus is finding and collecting information to be added weekly.  If your interested in such a role please Send a PM to MrVic  Thanks!

Additional positions available, currently were seeking members to write articles or submit entries for the "World of Tanks Newsletter" If you would like to submit an entry or article please send it Via PM to MrVic. Applying to help with the news letter will be done through submissions of articles ect. Benefits for Writers/Reporters may be involved in the future.

[/quote]

MrVic #-18 Posted Jan 29 2011 - 01:19

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
All done this week.  Enjoy :)

Jetu #-17 Posted Jan 29 2011 - 01:29

First lieutenant

• Special Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Westfield looks great.

Bridge must have had a Maus battle on it, being all collapsed there.
*Maus on each end see eachother* !!!
*Charges shooting*
*Bridge collapses under them, and they drop*
:lol:

Two holes in the bridge.

jcqc96 #-16 Posted Jan 29 2011 - 01:49

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Caught my eye on clan wars. Looking forward to "liberate" the philippines from other clans.  <_<

So there is still a T28 AND a T95 ingame?

By the way, mind changing Clan to Regiment or something like that? It doesn't sound right for WW2 tanks. :)

@Jetu: Yeah, the bridge should be animated to collapse once a tank rolls onto it. Can't imagine what the T95 would do.

Zulnex #-15 Posted Jan 29 2011 - 02:12

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Excellent work as always. Thank you very much. :Smile_honoring:

czer1337 #-14 Posted Jan 29 2011 - 02:27

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
OH MY GOD

T95

:o:o:o

my new background.

WingNut #-13 Posted Jan 29 2011 - 02:27

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postjcqc96, on Jan 29 2011 - 01:49, said:

Caught my eye on clan wars. Looking forward to "liberate" the philippines from other clans.  <_<

So there is still a T28 AND a T95 ingame?

By the way, mind changing Clan to Regiment or something like that? It doesn't sound right for WW2 tanks. :)

@Jetu: Yeah, the bridge should be animated to collapse once a tank rolls onto it. Can't imagine what the T95 would do.

I SHALL RETURN  :Smile-izmena:

bigeye123 #-12 Posted Jan 29 2011 - 03:09

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Just a question:What kind of gun will the T95 have?I hope it will have the 155mm and mabye an improved version of it also :)

Ivin #-11 Posted Jan 29 2011 - 03:17

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Great job.

Awesome Comics, I look forward to them every week!

Rognik #-10 Posted Jan 29 2011 - 05:15

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postjcqc96, on Jan 29 2011 - 01:49, said:

Actually, the T95 (sounds weird saying that... T28 is its proper name) weighs much less than a Maus, due to its lack of turret. That's why they designed it that way, actually. It's meant to be a heavy tank, even though its lack of turret makes it more like a TD. The lack of turret meant that it could have about half as much weight as a Maus, but with much more armor.

I'm really looking forward the American TDs and the T92 (SPG). When will they be released? At the same time, or will the tier 8 artillery be released first?

Heiliger #-9 Posted Jan 29 2011 - 06:08

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Nice looking map :)

czer1337 #-8 Posted Jan 29 2011 - 07:10

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
[on the clan wars map]
I wanna join the BMW clan XD!
///M power :P

sourkraut #-7 Posted Jan 29 2011 - 07:42

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Cant wait for the new map. Look beautiful and open. Also once again im honored to have another one of my comics appear in the newsletter.

robozu #-6 Posted Jan 29 2011 - 08:55

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I like your newsletter a lot and it's always fun to read it.
A small correction: Back to the future is an american film. Unfortunately they sill use the imperial unit system. That's why you need to reach 88 miles per hour (mph) and not 88 kilometers per hour. 88 mph can be converted to 140 kph.
just a small useless correction from me and I apologize for even posting, but I couldn't stop myself.

MrVic #-5 Posted Jan 29 2011 - 10:09

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postrobozu, on Jan 29 2011 - 08:55, said:

I like your newsletter a lot and it's always fun to read it.
A small correction: Back to the future is an american film. Unfortunately they sill use the imperial unit system. That's why you need to reach 88 miles per hour (mph) and not 88 kilometers per hour. 88 mph can be converted to 140 kph.
just a small useless correction from me and I apologize for even posting, but I couldn't stop myself.

Thats not a movie clip its a top secret testing film of a super tank to end all tanks :)   btw I know that ;)  have the movie and saw it in the theaters when it came out, hopefully that does not make me old :P

dr_fruitloop #-4 Posted Jan 29 2011 - 11:46

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Love the new map, looks well designed. Now to to find camping spots for my ISU-152 :Smile-playing:

Nice advice on how to deal with P.U.T.T.S, as since the x5 bonus a lot more heavy tanks have appeared but are still been driven like a medium tank.

rko1996 #-3 Posted Jan 29 2011 - 12:09

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postbigeye123, on Jan 29 2011 - 03:09, said:

Just a question:What kind of gun will the T95 have?I hope it will have the 155mm and mabye an improved version of it also :)

big im gonna beat u to the  t95/e-series&object261 and thats the truth!& the truth hurts!

GlennGreen #-2 Posted Jan 29 2011 - 12:10

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Please don't center align

GlennGreen #-1 Posted Jan 29 2011 - 12:10

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Nice newsletter  :Smile_honoring:

rko1996 #0 Posted Jan 29 2011 - 12:20

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
p.s. the t28 is 1st to known td then known as super heavy than re-designated as t95 in 1946