The logical argument to whining about the KV-1S being OP

KV-1S NOT_OP

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

lordelamin #81 Posted Mar 23 2014 - 15:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23025 battles
KVIS can be eaten if it has fired. It still takes 13.5 seconds to reload. Rush it and kill it.

vonluckner #82 Posted Mar 23 2014 - 17:40

Captain

• Players
  • 14235 battles

The problem with this "rush it down and kill it" philosophy is that the KV-1s is both mobile enough to outmaneuver most tanks that can beat it in a manfight, and almost always has friends with it.

Sure, rushing it down is a nice thought and definitely a solution if you have the health to spare, but more often than not you end up fighting a KV-1s at mid range where you just can't rush him down and force him to fight on your terms.

Nevermind that "rushing him down" and fighting on his side of the rock usually gets your [edited]shot out from under you by everyone else that's with him.

The only thing keeping the KV-1s in check is the Hellcat.

lordelamin #83 Posted Mar 23 2014 - 19:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23025 battles

View Postvonluckner, on Mar 23 2014 - 11:40, said:

The problem with this "rush it down and kill it" philosophy is that the KV-1s is both mobile enough to outmaneuver most tanks that can beat it in a manfight, and almost always has friends with it.

Sure, rushing it down is a nice thought and definitely a solution if you have the health to spare, but more often than not you end up fighting a KV-1s at mid range where you just can't rush him down and force him to fight on your terms.

Nevermind that "rushing him down" and fighting on his side of the rock usually gets your [edited]shot out from under you by everyone else that's with him.

The only thing keeping the KV-1s in check is the Hellcat.

I don't disagree with what you are saying, but I think you are referring to a wise/smart KVIS driver. I'd say the average KVIS driver will try to peek-a-boom a corner, which on certain city maps will put him around a building less than 50 feet from you. My T150 has no problem going to get him. If he has open country with fields of fire, you are best served going the other way round to get him if you can. I know mobility is one of the KVIS best traits along with that gun, but it is doable. If the KVIS driver just takes his shot, and then gets the heck out of that position, which most don't, then this kills my way of fighting him. And you are right, Hellcats do bad things to KVIS's.

PortraitOfSanity #84 Posted Mar 26 2014 - 00:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6408 battles
I don't think the 1s needs any real nerf. I could see a speed nerf, or some soft stats. But there's pretty simple counters to the tank, since most of its drivers act like they still have kv1 style armor.

SMBakerESQ #85 Posted Mar 26 2014 - 16:24

Major

• Players
  • 21202 battles

It is immune to the nerf bat, it is Russian and is enjoyed greatly on their server.  Rarely does a business go against its best customers.

The Hellcat will never get nerfed because there are people who loudly declare they will quit the game if it is. 

The SU122-44 is clearly pay to win, and it wont get nerfed either, too popular.

Also tagged with KV-1S, NOT_OP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users