Questions about Elite and Premium tanks.

Elite Premium Crew

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

kin9louie #1 Posted Sep 16 2013 - 05:19

Private

• Players
  • 2116 battles
Ok! Hello fellow tankers! I'm having a hard time understanding the differences between elite status tanks and premium tanks.
I know if you have a crew trained in German TD's they dont have to train for the premium German TD's and suffer no competency loss. However, if I have a crew trained in the Hetzer and the Marder II is an elite TD, does the crew trained for the Hetzer suffer competency loss if they operate the Marder II?
Also, I know that you can train your crew in premium tanks. How does this work? Do they gain competency in all other similar tanks of that country? And how would you go about training your crew in an elite vehicle? Could a crew trained in the Hetzer gain competency in all German TD's by training in an elite Marder II using the option to transfer all vehicle experience to the crew?

BoredSights #2 Posted Sep 16 2013 - 05:31

Captain

• Players
  • 28613 battles
RE: Elite Tanks
"Free experience can be used in the research of any vehicle instead of just the vehicle it was earned with.
You always gain 5% of the amount of experience earned in a battle as free experience. This is a bonus and is not subtracted from the vehicle's experience.
Additionally, you can use gold to convert vehicle specific experience to free experience. The vehicle must be elite, i.e. fully researched."
Source:  http://wiki.worldoft...nce_and_Credits
RE:  Premium Tanks
"Premium tanks are tanks that can be obtained only by purchasing them with gold, in the portal's gift shop (if available), or by some special event or package. All premium tanks start at Elite status since they have nothing to research.
Premium tanks may not perform as well as other tanks of their tier, but they are much better at earning credits. In general with some exceptions) they perform better than an equivalent stock tank, but not as good as one that is fully upgraded.
Besides an increased credit income over standard tanks, Premium tanks are very useful in increasing crew skills. Crews of the appropriate Nationality and Type can be put in a Premium tank without penalty. For example, a KV-1 crew (or any other Russian Heavy tank crew) can be placed in a Churchill III for increased training. This can allow a rapid increase in crew skills - all while making credits."
Source:  http://wiki.worldoft...m/Premium_Tanks

NoVaBuckeye #3 Posted Sep 16 2013 - 05:31

Captain

• Players
  • 13217 battles
Elited vehicle: A tank from the tech tree with all of the modules and tanks researched.  These tanks cannot be bought with $.  If you have a crew that is trained for this tank (take your Hetzer), they will ONLY be able to drive the Hetzer or a premium German TD without a penalty.  The elite status just means your crews earns XP fast, though only 1 crew member at a time.

Premium vehicle: A tank bought for $ (or a reward, or a gift) that doesn't not and cannot be further researched.  Your modules are as they are.  In these tanks you can use any crew from the same nationality and type.  That is to say you could take your Hetzer crew and put them in an E-25 with no penalty.  You could not, however, put your PZ III crew into the E-25 for no penalty.

Bottom Line: A crew can only be trained in 1 tank at any given time.  If they operate on a premium of the same type/nationality = no penalty.  All others = penalty.

Blizzard36 #4 Posted Sep 16 2013 - 05:36

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 11504 battles
  • [RABIT] RABIT

View Postkin9louie, on Sep 16 2013 - 05:19, said:

I know if you have a crew trained in German TD's they dont have to train for the premium German TD's and suffer no competency loss. However, if I have a crew trained in the Hetzer and the Marder II is an elite TD, does the crew trained for the Hetzer suffer competency loss if they operate the Marder II?

They would, only Premium tanks ignore the penalty of a crew trained in another vehicle of that class operating them.

Also, I know that you can train your crew in premium tanks. How does this work? Do they gain competency in all other similar tanks of that country? And how would you go about training your crew in an elite vehicle? Could a crew trained in the Hetzer gain competency in all German TD's by training in an elite Marder II using the option to transfer all vehicle experience to the crew?

You can make use of the fact that Premium tanks don't get the competency penalty in order to speed up the training of another vehicle's crew. In your case, you could load the Hetzer crew members onto a Dickermax and gain crew XP on them while operating it. That same crew on a Marder II would not.

Ok! Hello fellow tankers! I'm having a hard time understanding the differences between elite status tanks and premium tanks.

The primary difference for most people is that Premium tanks have a credit multiplier, they gain extra credits for their actions in a match, allowing you to play some matches in them to finance other tanks that may not be making enough credits per battle to keep up with their unlocks. Other than that and ignoring crew competency penalties, they are the same as any other Elite tank.

dead1golf #5 Posted Sep 16 2013 - 05:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 13494 battles
Elite and Premier are 2 different things.

Premier tanks are usually bought for gold or won. These tanks don't require a crew to be trained in that particular tank specifically for a crew to man it. All it requires that the crew be from the same class. ie Tank Destroyer crew put inside a Premier tank destroyer. Also all premier tanks are "elite". ie the exp they build up can go into the crew or into your gold for xp pool.

Elite tanks are normal researched tanks that you eventually research all the modules AND any tanks that they lead to. Once that is done the tank becomes elite, and you get the elite bonus we talked about above. HOWEVER they are not premier.

The common method of using premier is 2 fold:

1. Premier tanks usually make more money than normal tanks. So they areused to farm silver
2. Since they don't require a trained crew you can take one of your normal crews and throw them into the premier. That way they can get 2 daily xp bonuses! (most people refer to this as "a crew trainer vehicle"

NoVaBuckeye #6 Posted Sep 16 2013 - 05:58

Captain

• Players
  • 13217 battles

View Posttxpoodoo, on Sep 16 2013 - 05:38, said:

Elite and Premier are 2 different things.

Premium.  Dear God, premium.

22nd_Shock_Division #7 Posted Sep 16 2013 - 06:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14558 battles

View PostBoredSights, on Sep 16 2013 - 05:31, said:

RE: Elite Tanks
"Free experience can be used in the research of any vehicle instead of just the vehicle it was earned with.
You always gain 5% of the amount of experience earned in a battle as free experience. This is a bonus and is not subtracted from the vehicle's experience.
Additionally, you can use gold to convert vehicle specific experience to free experience. The vehicle must be elite, i.e. fully researched."
Source:  http://wiki.worldoft...nce_and_Credits
RE:  Premium Tanks
"Premium tanks are tanks that can be obtained only by purchasing them with gold, in the portal's gift shop (if available), or by some special event or package. All premium tanks start at Elite status since they have nothing to research.
Premium tanks may not perform as well as other tanks of their tier, but they are much better at earning credits. In general with some exceptions) they perform better than an equivalent stock tank, but not as good as one that is fully upgraded.
Besides an increased credit income over standard tanks, Premium tanks are very useful in increasing crew skills. Crews of the appropriate Nationality and Type can be put in a Premium tank without penalty. For example, a KV-1 crew (or any other Russian Heavy tank crew) can be placed in a Churchill III for increased training. This can allow a rapid increase in crew skills - all while making credits."
Source:  http://wiki.worldoft...m/Premium_Tanks
pretty much this says it all but i'll add my two cents  :trollface:
Elite Tank: A tank that has been completely researched and does not need anything else normally you may keep tanks you really like or continue to the next either way the elite symbol as far as i know only indicates it is completely researched. I forgot that bit about being able to convert the xp to free xp as well doh!
Premium tank: This one i am more capable of explaining... A premium tank is a "gold tank" with higher than average income depending on the tier, highest tier premium tanks make more credits than lower ones. A premium tank is as explained normally used to train crews faster for other tanks due to increased xp gain as well, they are for the most part stronger than their stock regular counterparts but weaker than their upgraded ones.
Premium tanks normally have some advantage over the regular tanks but also disadvantages too for example the T34 heavy tank has a tremendous 120mm gun making possibly the hardest hitting heavy in its tier but it also has atrocious reload speed and aim time to make up for it (IMHO) making it a Tank Destroyer :playing: . The KV-5 is another example, it has lots of armour and weight but it also has obvious weakspots and a somewhat petty weapon *cough peashooter made for exterminating lighter vehicles  :tongue:

Edited by 22nd_Shock_Division, Sep 16 2013 - 06:04.

kin9louie #8 Posted Sep 16 2013 - 06:28

Private

• Players
  • 2116 battles
:smile: Thank you all for the replies!

dead1golf #9 Posted Sep 16 2013 - 07:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 13494 battles

View PostNoVaBuckeye, on Sep 16 2013 - 05:58, said:

Premium.  Dear God, premium.

Oh yeah, I can see how that will screw someone up big time. That totally nullifies everything I said.

mgelinas #10 Posted Sep 16 2013 - 09:05

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
[Content removed]
Non-constructive/spam. Warning issued.
~GM/Mod Teams

wilwoods #11 Posted Oct 23 2013 - 19:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31299 battles
I have a JagDpanther that I evolved to a JagDpanther II.. Unfortunately the original JagDpanther does not show as elite. I am continuing to chalk up experieince on it but I cannot convert its experieince to "shared or common". Does this mean I also have to acquire a Ferdinand to have the experieince from my JagDpanther apply ?

JenkaTamar #12 Posted Oct 23 2013 - 20:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 12617 battles
  • [FURST] FURST
Since we are talking about Premium tanks, I have a question.

Say I have a PIV crew and a Panther Crew.  Both are German medium tank crews.  If I have a T25 Premium German medium can I use the T25 to get double exp for both crews or only one crew per day?

Thanks,

Jenka

JerseyBouncer #13 Posted Oct 23 2013 - 21:43

Major

• Players
  • 10101 battles

View PostJenkaTamar, on Oct 23 2013 - 20:09, said:

Since we are talking about Premium tanks, I have a question.
Say I have a PIV crew and a Panther Crew.  Both are German medium tank crews.  If I have a T25 Premium German medium can I use the T25 to get double exp for both crews or only one crew per day?
Thanks,
Jenka

You only get the 2x bonus once per day per tank. However since the base rate for premiums is 1.5 exp, you can run your medium crews through it all day long if you want and get that extra bit of experience as many times as you wish, but you would only get the double premium exp only on the first win of the day.

Edited by JerseyBouncer, Oct 23 2013 - 21:45.

MGFranks #14 Posted Oct 23 2013 - 22:02

Major

• Players
  • 35369 battles
  • [2TAT] 2TAT

View Postwilwoods, on Oct 23 2013 - 19:34, said:

I have a JagDpanther that I evolved to a JagDpanther II.. Unfortunately the original JagDpanther does not show as elite. I am continuing to chalk up experieince on it but I cannot convert its experieince to "shared or common". Does this mean I also have to acquire a Ferdinand to have the experieince from my JagDpanther apply ?

No, you do not have to acquire a Ferdinand but you do have to research or "unlock" the Ferdinand. Elite status comes when everything you can research from a tank has been researched. That includes subsequent tanks, not just modules.

MGFranks #15 Posted Oct 23 2013 - 22:07

Major

• Players
  • 35369 battles
  • [2TAT] 2TAT

View PostJerseyBouncer, on Oct 23 2013 - 21:43, said:

You only get the 2x bonus once per day per tank. However since the base rate for premiums is 1.5 exp, you can run your medium crews through it all day long if you want and get that extra bit of experience as many times as you wish, but you would only get the double premium exp only on the first win of the day.

What? No.

Premium accounts get a 1.5 multiplier on credits and XP for all games.

Premium tanks do not get a 1.5 multiplier on XP. They do pay more credits but it has never been released just what the credit multiplier is, and I am pretty sure that it is different for each tank.

Bottom line, once you get your daily double in the premium tank, it doesn't train up XP any faster than any other tank.

wotcurious #16 Posted Oct 28 2013 - 19:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3084 battles
  • [-TGD-] -TGD-
Question, lets say I make on average about 15k credits in my kv1, how much would i make in a premium tier 5 churchill?
I mean what is the formula for how much they make? do they earn 150% credits or something?

Blizzard36 #17 Posted Oct 29 2013 - 02:11

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 11504 battles
  • [RABIT] RABIT

View Postwotcurious, on Oct 28 2013 - 19:04, said:

Question, lets say I make on average about 15k credits in my kv1, how much would i make in a premium tier 5 churchill?
I mean what is the formula for how much they make? do they earn 150% credits or something?

The exact math changes between the tanks, but I believe on average it's about 20% more credits than the same performance would earn in a normal vehicle. This isn't a big deal really for the tier 5 or lower tanks, since the regular vehicles are already so profitable at those tiers and because the credits generated are relatively low. The multiplied result is also then relatively low. The high tier premium tanks generate so many credits because they are multiplying a much larger number.

To me the primarily reason to have a premium tank up through tier 5 is because you enjoy that particular tank's play style. In my experience they only get 3-5k more credits per match than a well played similar normal tank. But they're cheap, and many of them offer unique options for that nation. It's not a big risk to take to find something you really enjoy playing. In my case, the Churchill III has been a blast. It actually carries my highest XP in a match and highest average XP per match I do so well in it, and I have a number of tier 8+ tanks in my garage which have FAR more potential XP to earn in a match. But that tank just does well for me, so it's a ton of fun and I'm making extra credits playing it.

If you intend to get a Premium tank specifically for credit grinding, you're going to want to look at the tier 6+ options. Since the credit curve starts to go down after tier 6, these Premiums start to make significantly more money than the normal tanks. And since they're multiplying larger numbers it's a lot of credits period. (I actually just did the math earlier this week. Between my Lowe and T34 I have made roughly 30 million credits thanks to adding the Premium Account multiplier on top of their normal credit generation.)

wilwoods #18 Posted Oct 29 2013 - 02:35

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31299 battles
Blizzard.. since you seem to have some "knowledge" so to speak

I currently have a Jagdpanther, Jagdpanther 2, Stug 3, Hetzer, Cromwell and Comet. The tanks are all now built up and I want to get a heavy. I have the 128 mm gun on the JP2 and I can sit there and fire premium shells at a heavy and nothing. I am sort of curious to build a heavy but not sure which one to go with. I find the British guns to be anemic and am curious what you think the best heavy is. Its also a long grind to a VII so I am curious if since I have 4 German TD's is there an advantage to staying with that nation as I can utilize engines and radios.. And if that makes sense what is the best German Heavy thread to follow? or do I go ISU or KV etc (spelling)

Most of my tanks are now elite but I can't get premium points on the Jagd and Jagd 2 until I research the Ferdinand and the same with the Tier above Comet.

Thanks

d

Favorites are Hetzer, Jagd 2 and Cromwell.

Blizzard36 #19 Posted Oct 30 2013 - 00:48

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 11504 battles
  • [RABIT] RABIT
The M103 is my favorite heavy tank hands-down, tied with the Hellcat for my favorite vehicle period. I like the flexibility the US lines have thanks to being the middle-of-the-road option of the original 3 nations. The T29 along the way is often considered the best tier 7 tank.

There is something to be said for using modules you already have unlocked, it's why I have so many German tanks even though I switched my primary nation to the US. Both German heavy lines are good options. The Maus and E-100 are good at what they do (the E-100 trades some durability for better damage output) if you're only looking at end of line tanks, and the Tiger P and King Tiger are both great along the way if you're looking for a stopping point.

Other options you may want to consider are the Soviet TD lines, particularly the 268 line, since you like the Hetzer. Soviet TDs follow the same general pattern of good camo, poor spotting, and a hard hitting gun.

Cromwell plays like a light, so check out the T71 or Chinese lights. (I'm planning on doing that Chinese line next after finishing the Germans. If I ever do, they keep adding more lines to them!)

dfie #20 Posted Nov 01 2013 - 19:05

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
well im having a similar issue, my M4 is fully upgraded and researched, still isnt elite. why?

Also tagged with Elite, Premium, Crew

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users